What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tom Brady's First TD Ball Up For Auction (1 Viewer)

PIK95

Footballguy
Up to $75,000 already  

Up to $105,532.00 on 5/13

This is legit. Terry Glenn tossed my buddy the ball, right after Tom connected with Glenn for his first NFL TD pass.  My friend, who still has season tickets, has had it ever since. That was the year after the strike, where the fans kept the balls that made it in the stands.( I was told.) 

I'm honestly surprised this ball is up for auction.  Apparently the QB and owner didn't want to pony up in the past.  I really thought it would end up in the HOF myself.  Anyway, tell Chet to go bid lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Up to $75,000 already  

This is legit. Terry Glenn tossed my buddy the ball, right after Tom connected with Glenn for his first NFL TD pass.  My friend, who still has season tickets, has had it ever since. That was the year after the strike, where the fans kept the balls that made it in the stands.( I was told.) 

I'm honestly surprised this ball is up for auction.  Apparently the QB and owner didn't want to pony up in the past.  I really thought it would end up in the HOF myself.  Anyway, tell Chet to go bid lol. 
The shark move would be to sell video highlight packs of your buddy catching that ball for 10x what he gets for the ball.

If I had 100k laying around this would likely be a great investment. When he hits the hall the value goes up. Give it another 20 years and it will be worth millions to some rich person who saw him play when he/she/they were a kid. 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
If I had 100k laying around this would likely be a great investment. When he hits the hall the value goes up. Give it another 20 years and it will be worth millions to some rich person who saw him play when he/she/they were a kid. 
In 20 years, the rich guy might still be watching him play :P

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
I bet it closes at a lot more than $100k.  Most of the action on auctions doesn't happen until the end.

The shark move would be to sell video highlight packs of your buddy catching that ball for 10x what he gets for the ball.
I'm just mad I never asked him to "throw it around" before he turned it over.  It's been sitting in a SD Box for years.

Seems like a shaky investment without a Certificate of Authenticity, if you  know what I mean.
The league verified it years ago.  They have video.  And if you have ever been to Foxboro, it's basically a prison.  Everyone gets caught for even the smallest infractions.  This auction will go for a couple of weeks.  It will get sniped up over 500k imo, way higher if Tom and Kraftys don't already have an "agreement".

It's just a damned football?  No autograph or nothing?  And what about the story.... first TD by Brady.  Says who, besides the seller?  

Users who are viewing this thread