What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-Electric Ford F-150 Lightning (1 Viewer)

That was honestly one of my first thoughts as well.  That and whether my Bronco reservation will deliver before this truck. 
I live in a townhouse with a garage meaning no driveway.  With the need for juice to charge the only option is to leave the garage door up with the are end sticking out to charge but my tools and toys are fond of that prospect.  I don't think the HOA would like an extension cord out my window out to the on-street parking.

I'd get one when I drive the F-150 I just bought a few months ago into the ground, which, if it comes close to lasting as long as my first one, means some time in about 15 years.

Caranddriver.com says "Expect a starting price of around $70,000"

$70000

$70000

$70000

Hellllllllllllll no.

Caranddriver.com says "Expect a starting price of around $70,000"

$70000

$70000

$70000

Hellllllllllllll no.
That's in line or lower than the other electric options. And the Lightning moniker suggests high performance.  I might be buying my first Ford since my Mustang if I can get it before the Cybertruck.

Keep in mind that EV tires wear out much faster than normal tires.  File that away if you're thinking about it. 
It's even true of hybrids in my experience. I'm on my second Fusion hybird and both have worn out tires 20-33% faster than... the prorated tread wear warranties. First time it happened i was shuked at the crappy tires I bought. But if you use a company like America's Tire/Discount Tire, they honor the prorated warranty on the spot. So in a way, I kinda like it. I get fresh shoes faster at a big no-hassle discount. 

Also, when I upgrade my current truck and the Fusion, I will never buy a gas burning vehicle again. 

That's in line or lower than the other electric options. And the Lightning moniker suggests high performance.  I might be buying my first Ford since my Mustang if I can get it before the Cybertruck.
I've been on the $100 CyberTruck list for two years. This Ford seems to be priced pretty close, but the features pale in comparison. I'm a Ford guy, but the idea of cruising around in that space ship puts a huge smile on my face. I prefer the Rivian and Endurance to the Ford too

I've been on the $100 CyberTruck list for two years. This Ford seems to be priced pretty close, but the features pale in comparison. I'm a Ford guy, but the idea of cruising around in that space ship puts a huge smile on my face. I prefer the Rivian and Endurance to the Ford too
I have been as well. I actually have a pretty low number so keeping my fingers crossed. I agree on the regular electric Ford not being close in spec but my hope is the Lightning will be closer.

It's even true of hybrids in my experience. I'm on my second Fusion hybird and both have worn out tires 20-33% faster than... the prorated tread wear warranties. First time it happened i was shuked at the crappy tires I bought. But if you use a company like America's Tire/Discount Tire, they honor the prorated warranty on the spot. So in a way, I kinda like it. I get fresh shoes faster at a big no-hassle discount. 

Also, when I upgrade my current truck and the Fusion, I will never buy a gas burning vehicle again. 
And I assume because of this they also use up brake pads much slower?

Where did you see them?  First Broncos will be hitting dealers in July.  I don’t expect to see many on the streets/trails until the fall. 
Huh. I've seen a couple of them rolling down our street.  I live on the local scenic drive in a tourist town though so every tourist in the area comes through.

The Bronco Sport is not the full-sized Bronco that will be out in the next few months and I agree the Sport looks terrible.
Ahhhh...that makes sense. I didn't realize they were making a fullsize Bronco.  Hopefully they do better with that one.

And I assume because of this they also use up brake pads much slower?
Tesla brake pads are expected to go more than 250k miles.  There are frequent drives where I never even touch the brake pedal one time. I would say I hit the brake pedal perhaps one time per ten miles. 

Tesla brake pads are expected to go more than 250k miles.  There are frequent drives where I never even touch the brake pedal one time. I would say I hit the brake pedal perhaps one time per ten miles. 
My 2015 civic is sitting at 270k and still has the original pads. To be fair, the first 4 years I had the car my commute was 100 highway miles one way. So I really only touched the brakes a few times per drive. And I have barely driven anywhere in the last year.

I will strongly consider one when they come out. If I can get an xlt for 50k before rebates that could be as low as 42.5k.

I only tow ~150 miles and this should have that range.

I also have a heavy foot at the stop lights on the local highways. The 0-60 time is enticing as well  :ph34r:

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
It’s a plain, boring looking pickup. 

For 70k I could buy a fully restored Datsun 240z and a 66 fastback. 

Agreed. Compared to other ev trucks coming out it is a digital truck in an analog body. Not impressed. Also Ford said the 2020 Raptors would start at 55. Couldn't touch one under 80k around here.

Agreed. Compared to other ev trucks coming out it is a digital truck in an analog body. Not impressed. Also Ford said the 2020 Raptors would start at 55. Couldn't touch one under 80k around here.
I take it back, msrp on base is set at 40, xlt 53, loaded up 90k. hmmm, first two are definitely good deals. just so bored with that look. waiting for the cybertruck.

also, fwiw, the cybertruck base model comes in at 40 too. just no comparison to me. the tri motor 600 mile range top end 70k.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it back, msrp on base is set at 40, xlt 53, loaded up 90k. hmmm, first two are definitely good deals. just so bored with that look. waiting for the cybertruck.

also, fwiw, the cybertruck base model comes in at 40 too. just no comparison to me. the tri motor 600 mile range top end 70k.
Cybertruck screams beat me up and rob me.

Plus the Ford still has the $7500 tax credit

Users who are viewing this thread