What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does anyone still own a Fax Machine? (1 Viewer)

Faxing is the worst.  I had an issue with my bank a few years ago and the only way to resolve it was to fax them something.

At my first job, almost all of our orders (PO's) would come in via fax. Whenever the fax would ring, all the salesman in the office would come running, hoping it was for them. Every Tuesday morning like clockwork, the fax would ring, the salesman would swarm, and out from the fax machine would pop copies of our roosters from FF Leeg.  :lmao:  

They were a bunch of old crotchety copier salesman. I can still hear the #####ing and moaning from here.  :lmao:  

They were a bunch of old crotchety copier salesman. I can still hear the #####ing and moaning from here.  :lmao:  
Can't help it ...

We’re adding a little something to this month’s copier sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you’re fired. You get the picture? You’re laughing now?

A.B.C. ... Always Be Copying! 

You know what it takes to sell copiers? It takes brass balls to sell copiers. Go and do likewise, gents. The money’s out there, you pick it up, it’s yours. You don’t, I have no sympathy for you.

Don't y'all hate when you reach across the papyrus for your abacus, and you knock over the india ink?  :rant:

Doug B said:
Don't y'all hate when you reach across the papyrus for your abacus, and you knock over the india ink?  :rant:
I miss the olden days of school when I could stick a girl's pigtail into that well of India ink.

El Floppo said:
There are still too many doctors offices that need you to fax crap.

Why do you need a test?
I have an online fax thingy that apparently isn't working according to the 102 year old who is trying to fax me something.  

E-Z Glider said:
At my first job, almost all of our orders (PO's) would come in via fax. Whenever the fax would ring, all the salesman in the office would come running, hoping it was for them. Every Tuesday morning like clockwork, the fax would ring, the salesman would swarm, and out from the fax machine would pop copies of our roosters from FF Leeg.  :lmao:  

The two job offers I decided between when I graduated college in the mid-90s was copier sales and telecom sales (had already turned down Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Macys).  I went with telecom where we sold long distance, mobile, and, yes, fax services.  Lasted about 6 months in that job.

The two job offers I decided between when I graduated college in the mid-90s was copier sales and telecom sales (had already turned down Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Macys).  I went with telecom where we sold long distance, mobile, and, yes, fax services.  Lasted about 6 months in that job.
Enterprise would have been worse. They have some very archaic notions about how to run a company.

Enterprise would have been worse. They have some very archaic notions about how to run a company.
Oh I know.  A few years later one of my roommates was working there.  He would come home everyday in his cheap tie and dress shirt and just unleash an expletive-laced tirade about the company.  It got to the point where we would just turn up the tv and ignore him, it was so common.

One of my favorite cartoons involved a fax machine. The hero (either Felix the Cat or Woody W.?) escaped from a bad guy by faxing himself around the world. The bad guy would of course would follow and do the same. At the very end the hero finished off the bad guy by unplugging the receiving fax right after he popped out of it, trapping the villain in hyperspace. To confuse things further, the cartoon was shown on either Univision or Telemundo, and I don't know Spanish.

Sourcing a small laser MFP with a fax for the site-based health center at one of our schools recently was harder than it should have been. Almost all the reasonably priced or sized options  were discontinued or out of stock. 
Don’t know if they finally are going extinct or if there was a run on them by the work from home crowd due to COVID.

Sourcing a small laser MFP with a fax for the site-based health center at one of our schools recently was harder than it should have been. Almost all the reasonably priced or sized options  were discontinued or out of stock. 
Don’t know if they finally are going extinct or if there was a run on them by the work from home crowd due to COVID.
The multi function print / scan /  make bread / fax combos were the biggest sellers.

faxzero.com

fax.plus

gotfreefax.com

myfax.com

faxburner.com

All offer free fax services. Beware of the free trial period, though. That's where they get ya.

Users who are viewing this thread