What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colonial Pipeline Down : How's your local fuel situation? (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
TLDR: I'm sure everyone knows at this point, but Colonial Pipeline hacked by Eastern European / Russian (unknown for sure) group Darkside. Interrupts fuel supply to much of the eastern US. Likely down till the end of the week, if not longer. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/05/11/colonial-pipeline-gas-shortage-cyber-attack/5035713001/

If you live in the Eastern half of the US...are you seeing any effects yet? 

Topped off a couple days ago and weren't any issues here (Memphis) yet., though we have 3 refineries in town so we "roll our own". Hearing of some towns going dry in WVA already. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped to fill up last night.  87 and 89 gone - had to use 93 but I’m a FBG so told them to go with 95 if they have to.  North Metro Atlanta area - lots of stations running low or are out.

This is a preview of what the summer will be like, even without this pipeline issue.  

The driver shortage will get amplified.

I thought that they fixed it all already and were going to be BAU by Friday for this topic though?

This is a preview of what the summer will be like, even without this pipeline issue.  

The driver shortage will get amplified.

I thought that they fixed it all already and were going to be BAU by Friday for this topic though?
hurricane season starts in 3 weeks.    a shortage from a hack during that time, when people may really need to leave could be catastrophic.   pretty scary for folks.

Haven't left Charlotte this year at all. Wife went to Columbia a couple weekends ago. Plenty of parks and outdoor bars/restaurants that are walkable or a short drive. :shrug:   
I get it - I’ve been WFH for over a year but at some point during that I would have just gotten in the car and driven for a while.  

hurricane season starts in 3 weeks.    a shortage from a hack during that time, when people may really need to leave could be catastrophic.   pretty scary for folks.
Yeah, that would suck. 

However, I just read that most of Florida's fuel is delivered from Gulf Coast refineries via ship and the impact due to the pipeline shutdown would be minimal. 

That doesn't mean that people won't panic buy because of something they read on Facebook or were told by a friend...

We're not out yet, but long lines and people are panicking/hoarding.  So they probably will be out by the next time I need to fill my tank.

CT here. I drive a Model 3, so I don't pay as much attention to gas as I used to, but recommended my wife top off the Pilot and fill up the 5 gallon can for my tractor today.

So... As I'm filling up both when I get home from work, only hi-test is available. Hope it doesn't ruin the tractor, but sounds like it might get used in the Pilot anyway.

CT here. I drive a Model 3, so I don't pay as much attention to gas as I used to, but recommended my wife top off the Pilot and fill up the 5 gallon can for my tractor today.

So... As I'm filling up both when I get home from work, only hi-test is available. Hope it doesn't ruin the tractor, but sounds like it might get used in the Pilot anyway.
It won’t hurt your tractor

Getting dry here in the Midlands of SC as well. I called Costco and they have gas. Getting ready to head that way when I get off work. 

Charlotte NC area. Yup, panic abound and pumps empty. We are supposed to be heading to the mountains this weekend and I figured we’d go into TN and be able to get gas. Not so sure now. We won’t have enough gas to make it back if this is happening there too.

Pretty much all of Carteret county in NC is bone dry.  I have 10 gallons in the storage shed and all three vehicles are topped off as I filled them this weekend unknowingly about this panic.  Wife is a bit freaked out but my rationale is that oil companies will not go a weekend having their stations dry.  That would cost them an insane amount of money.

This is scary though seeing how crazy fragile our society is

Pretty much all of Carteret county in NC is bone dry.  I have 10 gallons in the storage shed and all three vehicles are topped off as I filled them this weekend unknowingly about this panic.  Wife is a bit freaked out but my rationale is that oil companies will not go a weekend having their stations dry.  That would cost them an insane amount of money.

This is scary though seeing how crazy fragile our society is
Just wait till we start running out of stuff like gold and some stuff we use to make iPhones.  Keep in mind idiots eat gold and poop it out. 

I have a cousin outside Macon, GA who said all the stations are dry now.
Swell. Wife is driving with son out to new job in Park City Utah. They're staying in Macon tonight. Hopefully one of those stations gets a late night refill.

Most dry south of Nashville.  My daughter coasted home on fumes.  I guess she's grounded for the rest of the week.

Either dry or really long lines in Smithfield NC. Will probably be totally dry tonight.

Northern Virginia suburb. Lines are into roads and police are redirecting traffic.  Only premium available.  $4.30 per gallon.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow to see my son walk for his college graduation. Would be traveling from DC to Pensacola, FL, via Chattanooga, TN. Concerned about getting stranded somewhere between DC and Pensacola. 

Looking at flights and they are close to being out of our budget. 

Not sure what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread