What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colonial Pipeline Down : How's your local fuel situation? (1 Viewer)

Swell. Wife is driving with son out to new job in Park City Utah. They're staying in Macon tonight. Hopefully one of those stations gets a late night refill.
Well, they filled up at 1 of the 119 pumps at Buc-ees just South of 475 split.

I live in Fort Mill, SC, can confirm, they be dry.
The Exxon on Carowinds Blvd, immediately after you get off I77 (north side of road) had gas when I was driving in this morning.  Of course, there was a line all the way out the street and onto the interstate exit ramp.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow to see my son walk for his college graduation. Would be traveling from DC to Pensacola, FL, via Chattanooga, TN. Concerned about getting stranded somewhere between DC and Pensacola. 

Looking at flights and they are close to being out of our budget. 

Not sure what to do.

Yikes. That sucks. What did you do?

Went out for lunch and saw long, long lines at every gas station I passed by. Unreal. 
It’s kind of self-fulfilling.  As soon as there’s actual shortages or even reports everybody reacts.  I know we did.  Now the people filling up multiple 5 gallon cans are #######s, IMO. It’s like the people buying a years worth of TP. Filling up your tank is fine.  

Yikes. That sucks. What did you do?
Topped off at BJ’s gas station in Woodbridge this morning. Researched last night and Loves Truck stops are doing pretty good thus far because they are getting deliveries from another source. Will check again this afternoon before I leave. Gonna go and start looking for gas stations at half tank the whole trip. Try and target the Loves if we can. 

I talked to an Exxon gas station owner this morning. She said we would be back to normal by this weekend if everyone was not hoarding the gas. 

Is there actual confirmation that the hack is fixed?   I heard they more or less hoped it would be fixed by this week but not confirmed

FWIW, my son is traveling and left Charlotte this morning. Found stations with gas just east of Charlotte. 

Went out for lunch and saw long, long lines at every gas station I passed by. Unreal. 
I had read about parts of Florida having really long lines and many of them aren't even served by the Colonial pipeline. Here in NC, lines have been crazy. Close to 80% in our area are being reported as out of gas.

I had read about parts of Florida having really long lines and many of them aren't even served by the Colonial pipeline. Here in NC, lines have been crazy. Close to 80% in our area are being reported as out of gas.
Yea I think most of ours comes in off the gulf. Doesn’t make any sense which is why it’s happening. 

So this is over now?  Terrorists lost or what?  What is everyone doing with all their extra gas?

Update: All pumps still full in Memphis despite Cletus and Margaret's best attempts to fill all their beanie baby rubbermaid tubs and empty Mountain Dew 2L Bottles with fuel earlier this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread