What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Well, well, well ...how the turntables have turned. Welcome to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Mr. Rundgren. (1 Viewer)

Binky The Doormat

Footballguy
Pretty good class. 

The man himself doesn't care.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame reveals its 2021 Inductees, celebrating the most diverse list of Inductees in the history of the organization. They are:

Performer Category:

Tina Turner

Carole King

The Go-Go’s

JAY-Z

Foo Fighters

Todd Rundgren

Early Influence Award:

Kraftwerk

Charley Patton

Gil Scott-Heron

Musical Excellence Award:

LL Cool J

Billy Preston

Randy Rhoads

Ahmet Ertegun Award:

Clarence Avant

still waiting on Ian Hunter.

the elder statesman of rock n' roll vagabonds (he'll turn 82 in a few weeks), nobody embodies the tumultuous ups and downs of a life spent behind the mic/shades quite like him. 

meh.

would be nice if they would toss him the bone whilst still breathing ... posthumous induction would rob that smarmy affair of a real showman, who would rock out harder behind his walker than 90% of the stiffs they usher in. 

the elder statesman of rock n' roll vagabonds (he'll turn 82 in a few weeks), nobody embodies the tumultuous ups and downs of a life spent behind the mic/shades quite like him. 

meh.

would be nice if they would toss him the bone whilst still breathing ... posthumous induction would rob that smarmy affair of a real showman, who would rock out harder behind his walker than 90% of the stiffs they usher in. 
All of the good ones are forsaken.

meh.

total agreement ...giant Mott the Hoople fan here. 

people forget how big ...and how influential they were.

meh.

Isn't the Rock and Roll HOF located in Cleveland? The guy wrote Cleveland Rocks for gosh sakes! He can bring Mick Ronson with him (in spirit, I forgot he's no longer with us)!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that you've been wondering
If i'm the same man inside
Never tried to fool you
'cause i've got nothing to hide
I gave you fair warning i could never be tied down
'til i've seen paradise with my very own eyes
Love owns us all, time owns us all, life owns us all
But the world doesn't own me
Dontcha follow me now
I ain't afraid to say i may have been wrong
I have to go now
I'd rather live by a dream than live by a lie
And that's why
There ain't no cure for what i've got baby
We just have to suffer
I feel no pain, i can't complain,
Things could always be rougher
But i picked up this banner
And i just can't put it down (no)
I can't let the world die just 'cause no one would try
Dontcha follow me now
Everybody's got to find his own place in the sun,
Everyone
So shine on me now
I'd rather live by a dream then live by a lie
You can say what you will about me
Talk is cheap and i don't mind
When you lay your life down in them grooves
You know you're bound to get scratched up sometime
It's only just a song, pay me no mind
I have to go now
You've got to walk that road alone
If you walk it at all
Don't follow me now
I gave you all fair warning
Now it's goodbye
And every once in a while why don't you think of me
'cause it's a long, long time and a long way to go
Can't you see the light shining in my eyes
'cause it's just one victory
'cause your dream goes on forever
Don't you know that i've been trying
To get my trip together
Be a real man
I got to be a real man

Isn't the Rock and Roll HOF located in Cleveland? The guy wrote Cleveland Rocks for gosh sakes! He can bring Mick Ronson with him (in spirit, I forgot he's no longer with us)!
ohhh, man ... one of my top 3 geetarr godz (Link/Thunders/Mick) 🖤

Mick dallied with three of my all timers (among a host of others) - Bowie, Ian, Morrissey - quite a body of work, not to mention his producing chops.  

the great unsung maestro of that era - criminally so. 

ohhh, man ... one of my top 3 geetarr godz (Link/Thunders/Mick) 🖤

Mick dallied with three of my all timers (among a host of others) - Bowie, Ian, Morrissey - quite a body of work, not to mention his producing chops.  

the great unsung maestro of that era - criminally so. 
I first became aware of the name Mick Ronson when he produced records for the Canadian band, Payolas. Then I became aware he was part of Bowie's Spiders From Mars, was in Mott the Hoople, etc., etc. Wiki had an unusual credit for Ronson I didn't know. He worked with John Mellencamp on American Fool and Mellencamp credits Ronson for the arrangement of Jack and Diane. Just goes to show, nobody's perfect.

I first became aware of the name Mick Ronson when he produced records for the Canadian band, Payolas. Then I became aware he was part of Bowie's Spiders From Mars, was in Mott the Hoople, etc., etc. Wiki had an unusual credit for Ronson I didn't know. He worked with John Mellencamp on American Fool and Mellencamp credits Ronson for the arrangement of Jack and Diane. Just goes to show, nobody's perfect.
I never knew Ronson was behind Payola$. 

Their 1982 song Eyes of a Stranger - which I first discovered when watching Valley Girl is one of my favorite songs from the decade. That tune is among the just-missed 1981/1982 tunes for me.

Users who are viewing this thread