What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who’s really running the country? (1 Viewer)

Depends (heh heh) what you mean by “running.”  As I mentioned in the Biden Mask thread I think, I don’t expect the POTUS to be in the lab running the experiments.  POTUS is CEO of the country, he’s got a lot on his plate, I expect him to set the vision and let his gazillion lackies do the implementation.  That’s part of why I wasn’t afraid that the country would instantly implode when Trump took over — the office of the POTUS will survive any one person and whatever peculiarities they may bring.

That being said, the question then is to what extent Biden is setting the vision.  Trillion dollar grift errr.... infrastructure relief packages?  Re-legitimize Iran and send some more suitcases of money?  Sure, that’s old school politics, I can see Biden pushing for those.  A lot of this social justice woke warrior stuff, ehhh, doesn’t seem like Biden, I honestly don’t know who is steering that ship.

Both are more credible than gas station sushi which is 5x more trustworthy than the NYT.  

Incorrect. Like by any reasonable measure that is incorrect and you know it.
QuikTrip has an interesting business model based on quality customer service and paying more to get the best employees.

https://www.cspdailynews.com/company-news/secrets-success-quiktrip

I would be inclined to trust sushi from there more than objective information from the NYT, which has had multiple editors admit that they are liberal biased.

https://www.google.com/search?q=NYT+editor+liberal+bias&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS920US921&oq=NYT+editor+liberal+bias&aqs=chrome..69i57.3876j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Hopefully Biden makes the final calls but doubt he has much input into the discussions. Just listening to him to the few times he speaks there seems to be no way he could sit for hours with intense dialogue.
I bet he reads the daily press briefings though.  

According to guy who owns the company that cleans my pool as of yesterday he believes Trump is still president.

Of course he also believes Biden is not allowed in DC,  Hillary was hung to death on April 26th and what you see know is a clone, and this whole ruse is a way to weed out the cabal of pedophiles which has built an underground tunnel which allows you transport kids all the way from California to DC.

This is the kind of stuff people believe today and he told me if I just would listen to so and so on the radio(I forgot who but some radio station in the Dallas area) and watch some youtube feeds he could provide to me I'd know what he knows.

I dunno...In defense of ol' Grandpa Joe....I kind of like the nostalgia of the '70s and the reincarnation of a Jimmy Carteresque administration.
Now, if only the music was the same....I could be totally submersed.

Biden was handed a recovering economy, a vaccine and a distribution plan that was humming along, a secure border, low gas prices, and no inflation.

Glad to see that he has improved on NONE of that!!
My God...he's worse than Barry Switzer in the NFL.

Not to mention the rise in homicides, the lack of school re-openings (unless, only for a single day and and only when money is at stake).
He unfroze aid to the Palestinians (look at the results so far) and he wants to get back in with Iran.
We've been hacked by Russians while they restarted the Nord Stream Pipeline and kicked us out of the Black Sea.

Now, Ol' Sleepy Joe may not be 100% responsible for ALL of this...but he may want to re-evaluate SOME of this.

After all...unlike "Man Made" Global Warming that has been forecast to kill us all a hundred years from now (again)....this other stuff is happening today!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno...In defense of ol' Grandpa Joe....I kind of like the nostalgia of the '70s and the reincarnation of a Jimmy Carteresque administration.

Biden was handed a recovering economy, a vaccine and a distribution plan that was humming along, a secure border, low gas prices, and no inflation.

Glad to see that he has improved on NONE of that!!

Not to mention the rise in homicides, the lack of school re-openings (unless for a single and and only when money is attached).
He unfroze aid to the Palestinians (look at the results). We've been hacked by Russians. They restarted the Nord Stream Pipeline and kicked us out of the Black Sea.

Now, Ol' Sleepy Joe may not be 100% responsible for ALL of this...but he may want to re-evaluate some of this.

After all...these aren't things like Man Made Global Warming that is SUPPOSED to happen a hundred years from now....this is today!
Biden was handed third base and got picked off while playing in the dirt.

QuikTrip has an interesting business model based on quality customer service and paying more to get the best employees.

https://www.cspdailynews.com/company-news/secrets-success-quiktrip

I would be inclined to trust sushi from there more than objective information from the NYT, which has had multiple editors admit that they are liberal biased.

https://www.google.com/search?q=NYT+editor+liberal+bias&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS920US921&oq=NYT+editor+liberal+bias&aqs=chrome..69i57.3876j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
So you don't think anyone with a liberal bias is trustworthy?

Many feel Joe Biden is not doing the day to day job at his advanced age. Kamala Harris also seems to be only in ceremonial role.  Who’s really calling the shots?  Is it someone that had no chance of being elected that the left could sneak in the door with Biden?

The Pundit has researched and speculated Susan Rice is running the country  

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/ric-grenell-shadow-president-susan-rice-video/
Someone who WAS NOT elected, that's who.  It's clearly not Joe Biden.  That's what we call a soft coup.  All Americans should be concerned about this, especially lefties since they were so on the "TRUMP IS A DICTATOR" for the last 4 years.

If the MSM wasn't in the pocket of the DNC, they would be on this.  If it was a GOP President you damn well know they would be on it 24/7.

Whomever is running it (and I’m 100% sure that it’s Grandpa Joe) : thank you. Things are going very well finally. What a relief. 
:doh:

Have you been living in a cave the last 6 months?  It kind of seems like you have your fingers plugging your ears going "nah, nah, nah...i can't hear you.".

Someone who WAS NOT elected, that's who.  It's clearly not Joe Biden.  That's what we call a soft coup.  All Americans should be concerned about this, especially lefties since they were so on the "TRUMP IS A DICTATOR" for the last 4 years.

If the MSM wasn't in the pocket of the DNC, they would be on this.  If it was a GOP President you damn well know they would be on it 24/7.
Soft coup?   They brought in 25,000 troops.  

Any time you guys want to provide proof I'm sure any of the countless Trump-appointment judges will be happy to hear your case. Actually, they'll laugh you out of court but it'll be fun for everybody.

I'm going to give Biden some slack.  I think we all know that the open borders are for votes & not for compassionate reasons.  That being a given---he has been okay if you are for higher gas prices & more taxes.

it is what it is.

So you don't think anyone with a liberal bias is trustworthy?
I trust the NYT to provide a liberal spin, in what and how they report and don't report.  Probably moreso than I trust QuikTrip sushi, if I'm being perfectly honest.

I trust the NYT to provide a liberal spin, in what and how they report and don't report.  Probably moreso than I trust QuikTrip sushi, if I'm being perfectly honest.
It goes all the way back to times before the NYTs "reporting" of the holocaust. 

You can go all the way back to 1848 and the lead poisoning epidemic when the New York Times failed to bring the issue of widespread lead poisoning to the public's attention when it possessed the knowledge and ability to do so

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to give Biden some slack.  I think we all know that the open borders are for votes & not for compassionate reasons.  That being a given---he has been okay if you are for higher gas prices & more taxes.

it is what it is.
Sadly I think we are about to see Jimmy Carter 2.0.  

He’s continuing to erase the mistakes that were highlights of the Trump regime, like the “heroes garden.” That was an awful idea.

With everything going on right now, and there sure is a lot, I do feel that Biden is overwhelmed.  He is way way way too old and feeble to handle this much at once.   So yeah, I am a tad concerned.  Doesn't mean of course that there aren't capable people making his decisions for him, but I don't see him being capable of truly making informed decisions. He probably gets a quick brief then has to make the call.  Probably not unusual for the executive anyway, but that's how I see it,
At least he gets briefed. Trump couldn't be bothered with such things.

it is what it is.
I wish people would realize that a POTUS has little to no control over gas prices. We don't live in a country with state price controls for gasoline and we can't control a world market. It's by and large  supply and demand economics pure and simple, along with the occasional short term hiccup due to bad actors like the Russian mob (who Trump coddled for four years) or natural disaster / climate related events. 

About the only thing that concerned me from those two posts is that Americans actually click on and believe this stuff.  

I wish people would realize that a POTUS has little to no control over gas prices. We don't live in a country with state price controls for gasoline and we can't control a world market. It's by and large  supply and demand economics pure and simple, along with the occasional short term hiccup due to bad actors like the Russian mob (who Trump coddled for four years) or natural disaster / climate related events. 
Well then, when the President by executive order bans new Oil & gas leases. fracking, & drilling on federal lands I figure the price of gasoline goes up.

that's just me though.

Well then, when the President by executive order bans new Oil & gas leases. fracking, & drilling on federal lands I figure the price of gasoline goes up.
Why would prices go up?

Do we (other than the Colonial Pipeline) have a supply issue?  I thought we had plenty of supply, and that refineries were at full capacity - but I could have outdated information on that.

that's just me though.
You forgot to complain about the Keystone pipeline which cost a few dozen short term US jobs and profits not for the US but Canada.

Why would prices go up?

Do we (other than the Colonial Pipeline) have a supply issue?  I thought we had plenty of supply, and that refineries were at full capacity - but I could have outdated information on that.
Looking at some data - it appears that Refinery utilization rates were running in the low to mid-90% until last year, when demand for oil products dropped off dramatically with pandemic-related issues.

Looking at some data - it appears that Refinery utilization rates were running in the low to mid-90% until last year, when demand for oil products dropped off dramatically with pandemic-related issues.
So it stands to reason that with things starting to reopen, gas prices will rise due to increased demand? Who knew that Economics 101 had such groundbreaking information?

that's just me though.
Gas has been going up since its low point of the pandemic.   
As people started driving more and returned to work.

Very true.  I'm just mentioning some of Biden's actions that will also drive up the price.
I find it funny that the cornerstone talk of the Stock Market at all time highs and 401k’s being up from the right when Trump was in office has all but disappeared.  How’s that Market doing again?  401k’s?

*and I didn’t vote for Biden

I find it funny that the cornerstone talk of the Stock Market at all time highs and 401k’s being up from the right when Trump was in office has all but disappeared.  How’s that Market doing again?  401k’s?

*and I didn’t vote for Biden
My 401k is flat since January.  The market has been relatively sideways so far imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread