What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking to see if I am making a reasonable offer or not (1 Viewer)

football fan

Footballguy
My league is 12 team PPR, 1 QB league with TE premium scoring, I can give good advise to others, but when I consider making trade offers for myself, I often lose objectivity. I am looking to trade for the 1.03, but keep my 1.07 pick (if possible). The other owner has only Goff as a QB since Brees retired, plus his team always seems to be near the bottom of our league's standings.  We have 45 man rosters and start 11 IDP. IDP stars can score as many points as offensive stars.

I keep considering offering Kirk Cousins (11th rated in QB scoring in my league) along with my second and third rookie round rookie draft picks for his 1.03 pick, but then I stop considering it because of the fear of that offer being insulting.  I could beef it up some, but I would want / need some insight on what would be a good and reasonable offer to make in this situation. I am a contender, and I currently have a strong and balanced roster, but my RBs and TE positions need a little upgrading.

The other owner has very weak LBs, and I have good depth at LB, so I could also toss in a few good LBs in trade for a few of his terrible LBs or add more draft picks or other players from my roster to my offer.

I don't want to offer any other information because if someone wants more information about my league, it is very complexed and detailed.

Thanks, any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Why not just ask the guy if he is wiling to entertain offers and if so what he would want?  Rather than try and guess and risk insulting just see what he might want.

I think Cousins and the picks in a 1 QB league is way under valued for that pick.

Why not just ask the guy if he is wiling to entertain offers and if so what he would want?  Rather than try and guess and risk insulting just see what he might want.

I think Cousins and the picks in a 1 QB league is way under valued for that pick.
 Agreed, that offer wont get him to trade that pick.  Although, maybe hes not competitive because he constantly makes bad trades

I was thinking that very same thing, that is why I stopped when I thought of using what I was thinking as an initial offer.  Some guys in my league are sharp and some are not.  The other concern that I have is if you ask them what they want, they usually attempt a major rip off.

I feel that at least if I have a reasonable initial offer when I ask, hopefully I avoid a rip off counter offer, and close the deal after a little negotiation.

I was considering tossing in my next year's second and third rounders and / or some players that would improve his team in exchange for some of his useless players..

If I included a note asking him what he wanted in trade along with sweetening my offer as stated above, would I then be close to a respectful initial offer then?

Giving up 2nd and 3rd rounders for pick 1.03 does not.move the needle.  I understand that many owners immediately increase asking price once you show interest but that really doesn't matter because you know what you are willing to pay.  Ultimately the price has to be what you are willing to pay so how you get there almost doesn't matter.  

I just find it much easier to see what the guy values from him than me guessing because many times what I think he wants is way off.

Users who are viewing this thread