What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Etienne Situation (1 Viewer)

eighsse

Footballguy
Etienne will allegedly be taking all of his snaps in minicamp from a WR position. What significance does this have. It makes me want to compare him to a McCaffrey/Kamara situation on the positive side, though of course he has Robinson to compete with and he may be a 3rd down guy if they continue to get results with Robinson. I guess the one concern that stands out most to me is, is there ANY chance at all, that they actually use him as a WR? As in, to the extent that he would be a WR in fantasy? This is what would obviously destroy his value. I just don't see that happening, but does anyone think that could happen, considering he is taking "all" of his snaps at WR?

The jags are currently a franchise that is malfunctioning its that simple. They have a new coach, rookie qb, and just signed Tebow, so please dont try and make sense of what is happening with Etienne. They wanted tooney took Etienne and are trying to make him more useful as gadget players work sometimes, why slot receivers which he will be look flashy but dont win you championships. Why playing wr and rb may get him on the feild more like Samuel's was in carolina last season and a top 40 wr could actually benefit his upside. The downside is its still the Jags and he could have Tebow throwing to him on a TE reverse or some other stupid play.

Thanks for the input, guys. Yeah probably nothing to worry about, but that news was kind of startling. But taking "all snaps" at WR could easily just mean that is what they want him to work on, not that that is what they plan to do with him come the regular season. Not that I have any chance of getting Etienne, anyway.

That would be great, because I definitely now see him as an extreme high ceiling/low floor guy now. Not that that is a recipe for success, but it's a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread