What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you pro-Biden or anti-Biden? (1 Viewer)

Pro or anti?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll take the normalcy and credibility on the world stage all day. Where I struggle is that, given his time in the US gubmint, he should be far more masterful at navigating our system to get what he wants. If he wants to be remembered as FDR 2.0, he needs to get some #### done at a much faster pace. 

Voted neither.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take the normalcy and credibility on the world stage all day. Where I struggle is that, given his time in the US gubmint, he should be far more masterful at navigating our system to get what he wants. If he wants to be remembered as FDR 2.0, he needs to get some #### done at a much fast pace

Voted neither.
Nothing will fundamentally change.

Neither.  I want this country to succeed, so I also wish him success.  I like the fact that he is establishing normalcy again, but I wish he shared more of my policy goals.

I'm basically pro-Biden.  I don't share many of his policy goals, but the most important thing that Biden can do is help reestablish normalcy in the US, and I think Biden is almost uniquely qualified to achieve that.
Basically this. I voted neither tho.

I'm pro center.   

I'm anti the left spending 4 years trying to delegitimize Trump's election.  I'm anti the right apparently planning to spend 4 years delegitimizing Bidens election.

I don't share many of his policy goals, but the most important thing that Biden can do is help reestablish normalcy in the US, and I think Biden is almost uniquely qualified to achieve that.

Neither.  I am pro-USA. 

The only president I was ever pro or anti was Trump after he was in office for a year or so.

I'm pro center.   

I'm anti the left spending 4 years trying to delegitimize Trump's election.  I'm anti the right apparently planning to spend 4 years delegitimizing Bidens election.
These basically perfectly summarize how I feel minus GB's after "a year or so" in office part.  I was Anti Trump long before he was ever a serious candidate for office.

I'm pro center.   

This was mainly moderates on CNN/MSNBC/TYT.  The lefties by and large DGAF and were actually against it.

I'm pro center.   

I don’t think many thought the election was illegitimate. I think he was just being held accountable for his incompetence and corruption.

I don't wanna be anti any President.  And I spoke out constantly about those who hated Trump.   I had relatives who would have been fine if something happened to him in office.  That never made sense to me.  Biden is my President and I will accept that.  I may not like it, but that's just tough noogies.

I don't wanna be anti any President.  And I spoke out constantly about those who hated Trump.   I had relatives who would have been fine if something happened to him in office.  That never made sense to me.  Biden is my President and I will accept that.  I may not like it, but that's just tough noogies.
I inferred that it meant anti what Biden stands for.  I don't think anyone wants him to fail spectacularly in a manner that destroys the country.

These basically perfectly summarize how I feel minus GB's after "a year or so" in office part.  I was Anti Trump long before he was ever a serious candidate for office.
I was surprised as hell when Trump was the Republican nominee but going against Hillary I knew he had a good shot to become president.   When he did I sincerely hoped that I was wrong about Trump and bought into the idea that maybe we needed someone outside of Washington, he would surround himself with the best people, take their advice and maybe bring about some compromise.

Within a year all of those hopes were dashed...

I was surprised as hell when Trump was the Republican nominee but going against Hillary I knew he had a good shot to become president.   When he did I sincerely hoped that I was wrong about Trump and bought into the idea that maybe we needed someone outside of Washington, he would surround himself with the best people, take their advice and maybe bring about some compromise.

Within a year all of those hopes were dashed...
While I understand that viewpoint, especially the outsider angle, I also knew his ego and narcissism would reign supreme. So I had no faith. His carnival barker act was so paper-thin it was see-thru.  

I'll take the normalcy and credibility on the world stage all day. Where I struggle is that, given his time in the US gubmint, he should be far more masterful at navigating our system to get what he wants. If he wants to be remembered as FDR 2.0, he needs to get some #### done at a much faster pace. 

Voted neither.
It’s almost as if Biden wasn’t really putting much effort towards his job for decades.  I like that Biden is not a circus and I hope that his plans do work.  I don’t think throwing money haphazardly at some problems while ignoring others is the answer but time will tell.   

I'm pro center.   

Amen.

There are hundreds and hundreds of people I would rather see in office than Biden.    But I would much rather see Biden in office than Trump.

I inferred that it meant anti what Biden stands for.  I don't think anyone wants him to fail spectacularly in a manner that destroys the country.
Agreed.  The “I’m pro-America so I’m pro-Biden” answer is a bit of a cop out IMO.  I’m confident that most people don’t want the country to implode.  

I voted anti-Biden because, as I’ve stated elsewhere recently, I’m not sure what this administration stands for these days, and a big part of the problem is Biden’s clear cognitive decline.  I do not find this situation “normal” although many here have welcomed back normalcy, which I guess means having a president who doesn’t tweet mean things.

I am pro constitution, pro democracy , pro truth therefore anti Trump. Never believed in this Deep State crap. Think Biden is a decent man but think his spending plans are too much but Trumps tax cuts for billionaires added much to the deficit as well. Have no regrets about voting for Biden.But neither pro or anti Biden

Agreed.  The “I’m pro-America so I’m pro-Biden” answer is a bit of a cop out IMO.  I’m confident that most people don’t want the country to implode.  

I voted anti-Biden because, as I’ve stated elsewhere recently, I’m not sure what this administration stands for these days, and a big part of the problem is Biden’s clear cognitive decline.  I do not find this situation “normal” although many here have welcomed back normalcy, which I guess means having a president who doesn’t tweet mean things.
Yep, that's why I voted anti-Biden too.  It's clear to me someone else or someone elses are really calling the shots.

I’m neither. He wasn’t my first choice, but he was the better choice in what we had. I hope he does well as I hope all leaders of this country do well. If he doesn’t, I hope he cedes the spot to someone more capable. 

So far, I’m ok with how he’s performed.  A few areas need work, others areas he’s exceeded my expectations with the mess he inherited. 

I am pro constitution, pro democracy , pro truth therefore anti Trump. Never believed in this Deep State crap. Think Biden is a decent man but think his spending plans are too much but Trumps tax cuts for billionaires added much to the deficit as well. Have no regrets about voting for Biden.But neither pro or anti Biden
This is a really good summary.

my opinion hasnt changed since the primaries. i dont know how anyone's of any rigor could. machine Dem of a corporate bent, little substantive difference from Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. that is to say a person who cares about America, believes in govt, but nothing gets done if it hurts the peeps who've propped him up all these years, that the Presidency is no longer an informercial for a hedonist cult is only small relief. twas refreshing to see someone in the Oval Office project an abiding care for the well-being of the country, especially in the wake of moral flatulence through which he entered White House portals, but something i havent really seen since the unfortunate Jimmy Carter. but the cracks are showing in the Middle East (tho Biden used to be as close to an expert in that arena as there was in elected office), the complete lack of fiscality to his grand, well-meaning gestures, the general, handshake laziness of vision. the GOP ruinously conspires to make greed king for a few years and an ineffectual apple-polisher presses a few "yes" buttons on reform before being inhaled by the madding crowd, and i'm quite sure his last three years in office will consist of little more than less-eloquent shrugging than his old boss. ho-hum

Right, that kind of crazy hopefully ended with the anti-Trump and that's how I voted. In retrospect, after the last 4 years the OP could have made it more clear what we are voting for.  

Right, that kind of crazy hopefully ended with the anti-Trump and that's how I voted. In retrospect, after the last 4 years the OP could have made it more clear what we are voting for.  
It seems that everyone knows what pro-Trump and anti-Trump means. But when it’s Biden it becomes this semantic exercise.

It seems that everyone knows what pro-Trump and anti-Trump means. But when it’s Biden it becomes this semantic exercise.
Maybe because it's just so hard to imagine anyone being pro-Biden?  How many people do you know who are big Biden FANS?  Nobody in my circle of friends wanted him to finish top-3 in the primary.   I mean, my parents love the guy......but only because he beat Trump...not because they like Biden...and when I watch him speak, I mostly feel a weird blend of empathy and pity.   I'm not pro-Biden as President, because he's about as lucid as my mid-70s father.   But I also can't hate Biden because he reminds me of my mid-70s father.

Side note:  one of my very good friends from NYC days grew up in southern NJ.   He went to school at U of Delaware.   His mom went to college with Joe, and her roommate actually dated Joe at some point.   She knew him well and to this day (despite being a hard core Republican) says "Joe Biden was a very good and decent guy.   One of the nicest guys I knew back in college and early adulthood.   But.....even more than the media says.....not the sharpest tool in the shed."

How many people do you know who are big Biden FANS?
I've never done a survey or asked anyone at all, but I just assumed that pretty much everyone is a big Biden fan.

Who wouldn't be?

I mean, I know Trump fans aren't also Biden fans. But who among the non-Trump fans wouldn't be Biden fans? The idea is weird to me. Here we have a President who doesn't lie all the time about everything, doesn't obstruct justice, doesn't demand personal loyalty over all else, and wants to uphold democracy without slipping into authoritarianism ... and people aren't huge fans of all that?

Sure, you might disagree about some policy stuff, but policy stuff really doesn't matter very much in the grand scheme of things. (Mainly because there's always at least a 40% chance that you're wrong about whatever major policy stuff you disagree with others about. Policy stuff, in that respect, is like team defense in fantasy football. Often it ends up mattering in hindsight, but mostly by random chance, which means it shouldn't be a huge priority up front.)

I mean, I know Trump fans aren't also Biden fans. But who among the non-Trump fans wouldn't be Biden fans? The idea is weird to me. Here we have a President who doesn't lie all the time about everything, doesn't obstruct justice, doesn't demand personal loyalty over all else, and wants to uphold democracy without slipping into authoritarianism ... and people aren't huge fans of all that?
This should just be table stakes.....

I voted for Biden and I want him to succeed.  But he’s disappointed me so far, particularly with open border mess.  Still hoping he goes well but right now I’m anti. 

I am extremely anti-Biden to the extent that he obstructs justice and lies all the time.

I've never done a survey or asked anyone at all, but I just assumed that pretty much everyone is a big Biden fan.

Who wouldn't be?

Sure, you might disagree about some policy stuff, but policy stuff really doesn't matter very much in the grand scheme of things. (Mainly because there's always at least a 40% chance that you're wrong about whatever major policy stuff you disagree with others about. Policy stuff, in that respect, is like team defense in fantasy football. Often it ends up mattering in hindsight, but mostly by random chance, which means it shouldn't be a huge priority up front.)
I am a bit confused about your responses here that seem to contradict each other 

Since I have a hard time being pro-any politician, I voted for "neither," but he is a refreshing, quieter change after four years of Trump being a loud egomaniac.  

This should just be table stakes.....
If you're saying that we should take all of those things for granted, I'd say that recent history proves we can't.

I am a bit confused about your responses here that seem to contradict each other 
I don't see a contradiction. The second post is saying that Biden doesn't obstruct justice. The first post is saying that if Biden does obstruct justice, he is in that respect bad. I believe both statements are true.

Users who are viewing this thread