What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this a hate crime? (1 Viewer)

I’m going to need more context to determine hate crime but unless she caught that woman molesting her kid I’d say she’s guilty of assault and should spend time in jail.

Per on the line sources:

“The whole story is the white girl is the fiancé to the child’s father. The father won in court, so he has full custody. The mom (the black woman) is suppose to have supervised visits only. The mom is an alcoholic and has gone to jail numerous times.

The white girl has raised that child for three years. (Kid is 6) That is why the child tried to save the white girl (the step mother). The daughter is scared of her biological mother. The mother has been stalking her ex boyfriend and his fiancé for the past year.

The white girl went on IG to share what was going on. People assuming she tried to kidnap that child. When the whole story is the courts took her parental rights away.”

Edit: this came straight from worldstar

Edit 2: source

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/web/video.php?v=wshhJERssSr3e9B44OYc

It having inklings of domestic/parental issues....I'm going to say no; unless there are specific Hate Crime laws for those head stomps.  Those stomps should definitely put that woman away for a longer time though.  

I'd love to hunt those losers just standing around and give them a similar beatdown.  Especially that dude holding the door open for her to drag her outside.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
It having inklings of domestic/parental issues....I'm going to say no; unless there are specific Hate Crime laws for those head stomps.  Those stomps should definitely put that woman away for a longer time though.  
Pretty head-stomping somebody after beating the hell out of them is already illegal.  Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I've watched a lot of Law & Order so I think I know a thing or two about the two equal parts of the criminal justice system. 

(Seriously, I agree that the head stomps escalate things and should be a factor in charging and/or sentencing).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to hunt those losers just standing around and give them a similar beatdown.  Especially that dude holding the door open for her to drag her outside.
Then you would be no better than them and belong in prison. 

Pretty head-stomping somebody after beating the hell out of them is already illegal.  Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I've watched a lot of Law & Order so I think I know a thing or two about the two equal parts of the criminal justice system. 

(Seriously, I agree that the head stomps escalate things and should be a factor in charging and/or sentencing).
👍

As have I !

There’s a lot of hate in that woman, but I would say domestic dispute and not a hate crime.

Regardless, the crazy one needs to do some time for the assault. 

Then you would be no better than them and belong in prison. 
True.  I'd never do it, but I have a lot of revenge/vigilante fantasies while sitting here in my office doing accounting work and posting anonymously on the internet.

https://710keel.com/beatdown-at-little-caesars/

eputies responded to the restaurant just after 4 p.m. Monday in reference to a fight in progress.

The fight took place after the suspect, identified as Brittany Kennedy, 25, allegedly confronted the victim, Emily Broadwater, 22, at the establishment and pulled a chair out from underneath her, according to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.

Video of the incident shows Kennedy allegedly grabbing Broadwater by her hair and punching her repeatedly in the head. At one point, a child with a pink bow appears to grab at the victim, as someone shouts, "Move the baby! Move the baby!"

The footage later shows Kennedy dragging Broadwater out the front door of the establishment by her hair and throwing her on the ground outside. She then stomps on the victim's head at least two times, according to the video.

its absolutely a hate crime - Kennedy was hating on Broadwater, that's obvious. Will it be classified the same as if it would have been had Broadwater been beating on Kennedy ? No - racism only works one way it seems in the United States :( but time will tell

instances like this - where everyone stood around and did nothing - is a tell tale sign of how far we've slipped as a society and what's socially acceptable :(   

Stealthycat said:
its absolutely a hate crime - Kennedy was hating on Broadwater, that's obvious.
Personal animus, not motivated out of race.  Or, if it was, it will be impossible to prove in court - with a child and ex-lover in the balance the motive seems obvious.

its absolutely a hate crime - Kennedy was hating on Broadwater, that's obvious.
Personal animus, not motivated out of race.  Or, if it was, it will be impossible to prove in court - with a child and ex-lover in the balance the motive seems obvious.
This seems correct.  I think the initial question was around what the law defines as "hate crime" not how SC defines hate crime.

This seems correct.  I think the initial question was around what the law defines as "hate crime" not how SC defines hate crime.
you and I both know if the skin color's were opposite, it would absolutely be a '"hate crime"

of course, "hate crime" is really a lie - it isn't about "hate" at all, its about skin color  - isn't it ?

you and I both know if the skin color's were opposite, it would absolutely be a '"hate crime"

of course, "hate crime" is really a lie - it isn't about "hate" at all, its about skin color  - isn't it ?
Again....it isn't about "hate" as you define it, it's about how the law defines it.  You can read the law for yourself to answer your own question.  I'm not here to convince you of anything.

No, it wouldn't. 

While awful and ugly, the circumstances in the OP are unfortunately relatively frequent fact patterns see in our courts. 

Zow said:
No, it wouldn't. 

While awful and ugly, the circumstances in the OP are unfortunately relatively frequent fact patterns see in our courts. 
Would it be considered a hate crime in the eyes of the law?  Maybe not.

Would it be considered a hate crime in the court of public opinion?  Absolutely. 

We've seen many times over in the last 2 years that video clips trump the context.  White girl beating the crap out of a black woman while a bunch of white men watched and held the door open for her would end up being labeled as an "attempted lynching" no matter what the circumstances are.

Stealthycat said:

No, it wouldn't and I don't think you understand what constitutes a hate crime, it is not just the skin color of the parties involved. There has to be some of racial animus shown by the attacker against the victim, usually in the form of a racial slur or something to indicate the attack was motivated by the race of the victim. 

show me one instance of a black person being guilty of a hate crime against a white person

can you find one ?
Yes and it didn't take long:

https://www.kentreporter.com/news/black-woman-charged-with-hate-crime-for-attacking-white-woman-on-bus-in-kent/

Black woman charged with hate crime for attacking white woman on bus in Kent

A 50-year-old Auburn woman faces a hate crime charge after she allegedly attacked another woman on a King County Metro bus in Kent for no apparent reason and used racial insults during the attack.

Cheryl Ann Coleman, who is Black, is scheduled to be arraigned on the charge Dec. 21 in the GA courtroom of the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent.

Coleman reportedly attacked a white woman on Sept. 19 while both were riding a Metro bus in Kent and called her “a white #####” several times, according to charging documents filed Dec. 9 by the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.

[...]

https://www.kentreporter.com/news/black-woman-charged-with-hate-crime-for-attacking-white-woman-on-bus-in-kent/

A 50-year-old Auburn woman faces a hate crime charge after she allegedly attacked another woman on a King County Metro bus in Kent for no apparent reason and used racial insults during the attack.

Cheryl Ann Coleman, who is Black, is scheduled to be arraigned on the charge Dec. 21 in the GA courtroom of the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent.

Coleman reportedly attacked a white woman on Sept. 19 while both were riding a Metro bus in Kent and called her “a white #####” several times, according to charging documents filed Dec. 9 by the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.

[...]
It's really entertaining when SC owns himself because he just makes stuff up.   

[...]

"hate" and "racism" isn't exclusive to any skin color and yet "hate crimes" are almost all filed against white people. If that doesn't constitute discrimination I don't know what would.

I did more researching and found this

Of all 4,930 victims of reported hate crimes motivated by race or ethnicity, 48.5% were "victims of crimes motivated by offenders' anti-Black or African American bias", compared with 15.7% as "victims of anti-White bias", 14.1% as "victims of anti-Hispanic or Latino bias" and 4.4% of "anti-Asian bias".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54968498

disproportionate by far isn't it ? of course, left leaning will say its 100% fair, right leaning will say its discrimination and bias but I can add dozens of links to support what I believe and it won't change your mind at all

"A disproportionate number of black people are thrown in jail because a disproportionate number of black people commit crimes"

"A disproportionate number of white people are convicted/accused of hate crimes because a disproportionate number of white people commit hate crimes"

Double edge swords and all that.  I THINK that's the saying...not really sure completely.  You guys get the idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread