What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maricopa County Recount: Nightmare or Farce? (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Probably both. Now it looks like they’re going to need all new election machines because the Republican senate gave the old ones to some grifter called Cyber Ninjas in order to produce a new result. Millions of dollars for Arizona taxpayer. Stupid, dangerous, destructive. Nice job! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/arizonas-maricopa-county-advised-purchase-new-voting-machines-over-tampering-concerns-1593738%3famp=1

and now in other states including my own, Republicans are pushing the same nonsense. 

I agree.  Many still think Trump had hookers pee on him and colluded with the Russians to steal the 2016 election.

Thanks for pointing that out.  :thumbup:
I don’t remember any Democratic legislatures paying millions to some grifters in order to have a “recount” that would make Hillary the winner, do you? 
You can keep trying to point to 2016, but this mess is all at the hands of Trump and the Republicans. There is no “both sides” here at all. 

I don’t remember any Democratic legislatures paying millions to some grifters in order to have a “recount” that would make Hillary the winner, do you? 
You can keep trying to point to 2016, but this mess is all at the hands of Trump and the Republicans. There is no “both sides” here at all. 
Tim, you're falling into the "Whatabout Trap" again.

Probably both. Now it looks like they’re going to need all new election machines because the Republican senate gave the old ones to some grifter called Cyber Ninjas in order to produce a new result. Millions of dollars for Arizona taxpayer. Stupid, dangerous, destructive. Nice job! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/arizonas-maricopa-county-advised-purchase-new-voting-machines-over-tampering-concerns-1593738%3famp=1

and now in other states including my own, Republicans are pushing the same nonsense. 
I thought you would be an "all cards on table" guy.   Guess not.

I thought you would be an "all cards on table" guy.   Guess not.
What does that even mean?

Even if was an all cards on the  table thing it should have went like this

Pass a resolution

Open a bidding process from qualified contractors

Create a scoring system

rank said contractors

fund publicly an accountable and transparent audit (which they have done twice already)

Instead:

Hire a company with no experience

Hire a company whose owner is a huge, known supporter of the loser and shares the same tendencies of crying over everything

fund it privately (mostly)

don't have competitive bids - sole source it

create no transparency or accountability

create a process where people with zero experience are handling delicate information and machinery

The second one is a joke and an abomination to everything this country stands for

What does that even mean?

Even if was an all cards on the  table thing it should have went like this

Pass a resolution

Open a bidding process from qualified contractors

Create a scoring system

rank said contractors

fund publicly an accountable and transparent audit (which they have done twice already)

Instead:

Hire a company with no experience

Hire a company whose owner is a huge, known supporter of the loser and shares the same tendencies of crying over everything

fund it privately (mostly)

don't have competitive bids - sole source it

create no transparency or accountability

create a process where people with zero experience are handling delicate information and machinery

The second one is a joke and an abomination to everything this country stands for
It means there should be a forensic audit aftee every federal election.   I didnt read the rest of ur post.

It means there should be a forensic audit aftee every federal election.   I didnt read the rest of ur post.
Why would you because you don't care.

So we should spend 100s of millions of dollar every four years to forensically audit every single vote cast across this country?  I cant think of better ways to spend our money but I'm not going to argue with you

I get it, your idol lost and now you are lost in the abyss

Why would you because you don't care.

So we should spend 100s of millions of dollar every four years to forensically audit every single vote cast across this country?  I cant think of better ways to spend our money but I'm not going to argue with you

I get it, your idol lost and now you are lost in the abyss
Yes.      

You are soft buddy.   Do some crunches.

Ok.    Od be happy if that was part of the govt spends on elections.   Maybe 10 cents of every political donation  goes to that.

We are getting someplace
I feel like you’re half-trolling and half-serious. 

This is a recount by a shady company in another state owned by a fervent Trump supporter who has expressed belief in the wildest conspiracy theories about the election. He is not allowing any officials or members of the media to observe his recount or what he is doing with the counting machines, which is why the Maricopa Secretary of State is warning that after this the machines can no longer be trusted and they will need new ones. 

I sense you’re a good dude, @quick-hands. Are you really in favor of these shenanigans? 

I feel like you’re half-trolling and half-serious. 

This is a recount by a shady company in another state owned by a fervent Trump supporter who has expressed belief in the wildest conspiracy theories about the election. He is not allowing any officials or members of the media to observe his recount or what he is doing with the counting machines, which is why the Maricopa Secretary of State is warning that after this the machines can no longer be trusted and they will need new ones. 

I sense you’re a good dude, @quick-hands. Are you really in favor of these shenanigans? 
Im in favor of federal election forensic audits.

This seat of the pants stuff chaffes my skivies.

And im not a good dude.   Im sour.

Do you believe this would be occurring if Trump won in 2020?

Was anyone calling for this after any of the previous elections?

Why now?
Obviously part of it is Trump. 

But part of it is based on a deeper fear, especially in Arizona. Arizona has been a red state forever. Suddenly they’re voting blue. Main reason is more liberals in the suburbs, but to certain people there’s a more insidious reason: minority becoming the majority. It’s the same fear that got Trump elected in the first place. 

Obviously part of it is Trump. 

But part of it is based on a deeper fear, especially in Arizona. Arizona has been a red state forever. Suddenly they’re voting blue. Main reason is more liberals in the suburbs, but to certain people there’s a more insidious reason: minority becoming the majority. It’s the same fear that got Trump elected in the first place. 
I agree, and it goes to my point that this is strictly a reaction to an unexpected loss. AZ and GA were reliable red states and now they're not. Wait till TX flips.

It has nothing at all to do with "integrity" because there's zero evidence of problems, only excuses about unfounded fears.

"Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it. That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!" - Donald Trump after the 2016 Iowa caucus. 

Its been 4 1/2 years - what has Iowa done to "secure" its elections? Or are they still cheating in Iowa? Or maybe, just maybe....Trump was making baseless accusations? 

Direct Headline: Dominion Voting Systems calls Maricopa election audit an 'irresponsible act'

by Kaelan Deese May 13, 2021 06:21 PM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dominion-voting-system-calls-maricopa-election-audit-irresponsible-act

Direct Headline: Soros kicked in $2M to elect Maricopa County sheriff now stonewalling election audit

Sheriff Paul Penzone objects to sharing data with a "private uncertified hacking company based on a hunch," despite court order.

By Greg Piper May 19, 2021 - 10:18am

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/soros-kicked-2m-elect-maricopa-county-sheriff-now-stonewalling-election

Direct Headline: George Soros sinks $9.6 million in law enforcement races

By JACQUES BILLEAUD 11/7/2016 4:47 PM

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20161107/news/311079816

Direct Headline: Revealed: Klobuchar, Warren Sent Letter Warning About Dominion, Other Election Tech in 2019

C. Douglas Golden November 21, 2020 at 7:47am

https://www.westernjournal.com/revealed-klobuchar-warren-sent-letter-warning-dominion-election-tech-2019/

https://www.warren.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/H.I.G. McCarthy, & Staple Street letters.pdf

Direct Headline: Stacey Abrams Calls Georgia's Primary Election 'An Unmitigated Disaster'

Elena Moore Michel Martin June 12, 20206:06 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/12/876088623/stacey-abrams-calls-georgias-primary-election-an-unmitigated-disaster

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/georgia-secretary-state-launches-investigation-after-unacceptable-voting-problems-n1228541

Ranking Democrat on several of the most powerful committees in Congress, POTUS contender and brand name leftist Amy Klobuchar pointed out, in public, the concerns about private equity groups accused of being intentionally shrouded in operational secrecy, without oversight and without transparency, owing major blocks of the few power players in election technology. Klobuchar called election integrity under serious threat. She was joined by fellow POTUS contender Elizabeth Warren. Dominion Voting Systems was specifically cited as one of these serious threats. Issues cited were 2004 in Ohio, 2016 amid claims of Russian interference for the benefit of Donald Trump and 2018 when Brian Kemp defeated DNC Hero Of Georgia, Stacey Abrams for governor.

Stacey Abrams, who barnstormed 850K plus new registered voters in Georgia for the 2020 cycle amidst claims of ballot harvesting and ballot chasing and voter registration fraud, in the 2020 primaries, cited the implementation of Dominion Voting Systems as a methodology towards functional excuses to justify voter suppression against minorities.  Point to note, Abrams sister is a federal judge who refused to recuse herself from several cases regarding election law, yet Abrams refuses to acknowledge this as the same kind of malfeasance she has claimed against Brad Raffensperger ( Georgia SOS ) and Brian Kemp, Georgia's sitting Governor.

With the backdrop of big money power player George Soros spending millions to put his own cronies into public office to do things like refuse a court order to audit these same voting machines.

If Republicans say Dominion Voting machines are compromised, then it's stupid, dangerous, destructive nonsense, according to timschochet.

And if ranking Democrats and DNC All Stars Abrams, whom timschochet has so lavishly praised here in the PSF, say the same thing when it fits their political narrative given the time and place?

It can't just work in one direction, Tim. Amy Klobuchar has no large scale scandal. She had a successful career before politics. Her concerns about Dominion cannot be written off as if she was an open troll like a Maxine Waters or a Majorie Taylor Green. In order to push the Russia interference/collusion accusation, the DNC needed to cast Dominion in a compromised/corrupt light. But now there is nothing wrong with Dominion and this is all just more evidence of Orange Man Bad and Republicans Are All Scum?

Abrams says the switch to Dominion was a strategy for voter suppression as she cited the systems were faulty and unreliable ( so she could get free shots at Kemp and Raffensperger, never mind she refuses to concede her own election to this day but will criticized others for doing so?) but now none of that counts because it no longer fits an advantageous narrative?

You know how you push a new result? You have George Soros spend millions to get the "right people" in critical offices around the country to do things like being human walls against court orders and investigations into what actually happened in the 2020 cycle.

You are always welcome to debate me Tim. But if you walk onto that dance floor, you'll soon realize you don't have the shoes for it.

"Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it. That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!" - Donald Trump after the 2016 Iowa caucus. 

Its been 4 1/2 years - what has Iowa done to "secure" its elections? Or are they still cheating in Iowa? Or maybe, just maybe....Trump was making baseless accusations? 
"Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified."

"fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice," because "the world is laughing at us." Trump after Obama defeated Romney.

Its Trump's go-to, has been for 9 years. Only difference is now he's found a sizeable base gullible enough to believe it (and more importantly, send him money).

Shocking!

They need something to cling too.  It's irrational to believe a man that polled 40% pretty much his entire term actually lost the election.  Any other time and this would be considered a joke of a competition.  But not with Trump and his minions.

If this exact same election result occurred and McCain or Romney lost we all would have moved on already.

"Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified."

"fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice," because "the world is laughing at us." Trump after Obama defeated Romney.

Its Trump's go-to, has been for 9 years. Only difference is now he's found a sizeable base gullible enough to believe it (and more importantly, send him money).
It's his go-to in life.  The guy can't do anything without crying about how the world is against him.  He is a loser through and through and he knows it.  

Shocking!

They need something to cling too.  It's irrational to believe a man that polled 40% pretty much his entire term actually lost the election.  Any other time and this would be considered a joke of a competition.  But not with Trump and his minions.

If this exact same election result occurred and McCain or Romney lost we all would have moved on already.
Its amazing how when Cruz beat in Iowa, there was cheating. But when Trump won Iowa in the GE there were no cries of cheating or wrongdoing.

Why is AZ only auditing one county?
They audited Maricopa and other counties which didn't turn up anything substantive. So now basically the county hired an openly pro-Trump group to do yet another review of the most populated county. Local election officials are pissed. 

I will say this: even my most die-hard GOP/pro-Trump friends and colleagues aren't even taking the audit seriously. Which is a good thing. But, yeah, what a waste of money. Super stoked that a portion of the check I just wrote to the state of AZ is going to pay for this nonsense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is AZ only auditing one county?
They audited Maricopa and other counties which didn't turn up anything substantive. So now basically the county hired an openly pro-Trump group to do yet another review of the most populated county. Local election officials are pissed. 
Yeah I'm just pointing out the flaw in the "election security" claim. It seems they're only concerned about it in counties and states Trump lost. I would take their claims a bit more seriously if they wanted to do an audit of Texas or Florida.

Yeah I'm just pointing out the flaw in the "election security" claim. It seems they're only concerned about it in counties and states Trump lost. I would take their claims a bit more seriously if they wanted to do an audit of Texas or Florida.
Exactly. Imagine had they requested further audits on a state(s) he won - it’ll be easier for them to spin the narrative that they are looking at the larger picture as opposed to what they’ve done. Since they trotted out the likes of Guiliani and the Kraken team, can anyone be surprised?

Exactly. Imagine had they requested further audits on a state(s) he won - it’ll be easier for them to spin the narrative that they are looking at the larger picture as opposed to what they’ve done. Since they trotted out the likes of Guiliani and the Kraken team, can anyone be surprised?
Even more telling it the fact they're only looking at the Presidential election, nothing in the down ballots. Strange how they're not so concerned about those.

Users who are viewing this thread