What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maricopa County Recount: Nightmare or Farce? (1 Viewer)

I can admit my biases. But others here arent being realistic when they claim this was the most secure election in history. 
Why not?  The experts in such things have called it exactly that?  Those weren’t partisan people saying it…and there has been zero evidence to refute it.

This is false
WASHINGTON – The members of Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC) Executive Committee – Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Assistant Director Bob Kolasky, U.S. Election Assistance Commission Chair Benjamin Hovland, National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) President Maggie Toulouse Oliver, National Association of State Election Directors (NASED) President Lori Augino, and Escambia County (Florida) Supervisor of Elections David Stafford – and the members of the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council (SCC) – Chair Brian Hancock (Unisyn Voting Solutions), Vice Chair Sam Derheimer (Hart InterCivic), Chris Wlaschin (Election Systems & Software), Ericka Haas (Electronic Registration Information Center), and Maria Bianchi (Democracy Works) - released the following statement:

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result. 

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/12/joint-statement-elections-infrastructure-government-coordinating-council-election

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not?  The experts in such things have called it exactly that?  Those weren’t partisan people saying it…and there has been zero evidence to refute it.
This is false
Chris Krebs, Trump's director of the Cyber Security and Infrastructure Security Agency:

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history,” the Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC) Executive Committee and the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council said. “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes or was in any way compromised.”

WASHINGTON – The members of Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC) Executive Committee – Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Assistant Director Bob Kolasky, U.S. Election Assistance Commission Chair Benjamin Hovland, National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) President Maggie Toulouse Oliver, National Association of State Election Directors (NASED) President Lori Augino, and Escambia County (Florida) Supervisor of Elections David Stafford – and the members of the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council (SCC) – Chair Brian Hancock (Unisyn Voting Solutions), Vice Chair Sam Derheimer (Hart InterCivic), Chris Wlaschin (Election Systems & Software), Ericka Haas (Electronic Registration Information Center), and Maria Bianchi (Democracy Works) - released the following statement:

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result. 
These experts don't count

This is false
No...it has been posted over and over again and now again after this post.

If you want to claim something is false...its best to try and refute it rather than make this claim without anything to back it up (as we have been asked)

Like Republican poll watchers on election day?
Lawyers for Trump’s campaign also filed a federal motion on Thursday evening to stop the vote count in Philadelphia, alleging that all Republican observers were illegally blocked from watching the process.

However, U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond (a President George W. Bush appointee) denied the request after Trump’s lawyers admitted that observers had been admitted to the facility.
The sad fact is, Max, that several times the Trump administration would make public accusations, only to recant them in front of a judge. But by that time, the lie has spread and that unfortunately became "truth" for many who will now deny all efforts to legitimize the 2020 election. And there are those who will play to that narrative for their own nefarious agenda.

"Keep the donations coming, we have to win this fight!"

This blows the audit nonsense/stupidity of the AZ GOP wide open.

STEPHEN RICHER is the Maricopa County recorder. He was elected, as a Republican, in November 2020, and took office in January and writer of the linked/below

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/05/the-madness-of-the-maricopa-county-election-audit/

I’m a libertarian-minded Republican. I hate taxes. Especially the income tax. But I pay all required taxes.

I suspect you also pay your taxes. And like most Americans, you probably don’t cheat or lie.

For that reason, even though an IRS audit might annoy you and cause you some stress, you’d eventually realize that you have nothing to fear as long as the audit is done fairly and properly.

But you’d likely feel differently if the IRS outsourced the audit to someone who:

Had no applicable professional credentials

Had never previously run a tax audit

Believed that Hugo Chavez had nefariously controlled your tax-auditing software

Had publicly stated prior to examining your taxes that you’d certainly committed tax fraud

That is what is happening to elections in Maricopa County, Ariz. — the home of almost two-thirds of Arizona’s voting population.

In the immediate aftermath of the November 3, 2020, election, Maricopa County oversaw a hand-count audit of over 47,000 votes, a statistically significant sampling as determined by multiple professional statisticians. The recognized political parties — Republican, Democrat, and Libertarian — administered the hand count in groups of three volunteers appointed by party leadership. Those hand-counted results matched the machine-tabulated results with 100 percent accuracy. Perfect accuracy. This was the third hand count performed by the political parties in 2020 that confirmed the accuracy of Maricopa County’s tabulation equipment.

The same is true of the pre-election and post-election tests done of the tabulation equipment — 100 percent accuracy. The machines are state and federally certified, and the county has used machines owned by the same parent company (Dominion) since 1998 without problems or discrepancies.

Nonetheless, in February, the county enlisted two professional, certified elections-equipment companies to analyze the oft-voiced concerns regarding the Dominion tabulation software and hardware. The county asked the two election companies to do everything necessary to:

Analyze hacking vulnerabilities of both the tabulation hardware and software

Verify that no malware had been installed to the tabulators

Determine if the tabulators had connected to the Internet at any point before, during, or after the election

Assess if any vote switching occurred as a result of the tabulators

Both companies used methodologies honed over the course of hundreds of previous examinations. Neither company found problems with the tabulators. Their reports are available online.

We also had the benefit of the eight court cases challenging Maricopa County’s election administration. None of those eight cases found any widespread inaccuracy, fraud, or wrongdoing. Only two were dismissed for lack of standing.

Armed with these facts and professional assessments, I made the only reasonable conclusion I could make: Maricopa County accurately tabulated the November 3 ballots. I say this without any bias or skin in the game. The irony of all of this is that I was merely a candidate in November. In fact, I defeated the incumbent Democrat who was previously the top elections official for the county. (I guess he forgot to rig his own election? Or was it a clever ruse?)

But the Arizona Senate didn’t feel comfortable with that conclusion and is now conducting its own audit. For an unknown reason, Maricopa County is the only county of Arizona’s 15 counties being audited, and only the top two contests on the ballot — the presidential, in which Joe Biden (D) defeated incumbent Donald Trump (R), and the Senate race, in which Mark Kelly (D) defeated incumbent Martha McSally (R) — are being audited. Down-ballot, Republicans held the state legislature and won five of the six countywide seats.

At least one professional, widely known, certified elections company (Clear Ballot) applied to do the Senate’s audit. The Senate rejected that official bid.

The Senate has not provided any details on its selection process and ultimately chose a company that did not formally apply. That company is Cyber Ninjas — a tiny cybersecurity company from Sarasota, Fla. This is the first election audit ever run by Cyber Ninjas. You did not read that wrong: Before being handed the lead position in maybe the most consequential post-election audit ever, Cyber Ninjas had run zero election audits. Understandably, nobody in the elections community had ever heard of Cyber Ninjas. Neither Christian Ziegler, vice chairman of the Republican Party of Florida — where the Cyber Ninjas are from — nor Representative Vern Buchanan, whose election in 2006 caused changes to Florida election law, had previously heard of, or worked with, Cyber Ninjas. That’s right: The state that gave America the hanging chad had never heard of Cyber Ninjas.

Even more troubling than the lack of any election-audit experience are the publicly stated beliefs of Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan.

Logan has indulged the wildest election conspiracy theories, including the one that deceased Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez somehow had a hand in rigging America’s elections. Perhaps because of the malignant influence of Chavez, Logan had already concluded, prior to even starting the audit, that the nation’s elections were fraudulent (“I’m tired of hearing people say there was no fraud. It happened, it’s real, and people better get wise fast,” read a tweet he once retweeted). He also authored a report called “Election Fraud Facts & Details” for conspiracy-theorist-in-chief Sidney Powell, who has started singing a very different tune since getting sued by Dominion for defamation.

The resulting audit is about what you’d expect. The auditors spent days using UV lights looking for watermarks as a result of a popular QAnon theory about the election (Maricopa County’s ballots don’t have watermarks), and they’re still examining the paper ballots for traces of bamboo fibers to prove that the ballots were fraudulently flown in from China (our ballots are printed in none other than Arizona). The volunteer workers of the audit are recruited mostly from Republican Party sources, including a former Arizona Republican Party chairman and a former Republican state legislator who was on the November 3 ballot and also at the January 6 rally at the Capitol. Just how Republican-heavy the workforce is has not been disclosed. There is no documented process for vetting audit workers, but that component is now being managed by Patrick Byrne, another election conspiracy theorist and friend of Sidney Powell.

The methodology is no better. It’s a slipshod process that would never be used by professional election auditors and which has earned the widespread ridicule of election officials. Cyber Ninjas even committed the rookie mistake of having a blue pen (which can be used to mark ballots) in the ballot-counting area. The company only learned of this faux-pas when an on-site journalist expressed concern (and journalists have not been allowed at all parts of the audit). The subcontractor who set up the recount process recently decided to walk off the job after having only completed one-fourth of the ballots. The hand count was originally set to finish in mid May, but despite having tables that rotate ballots at a whiplash speed and likely faster than volunteers can count, the count is still ongoing.

As for the funding of this multi-month endeavor, it’s dripping with irony. The same people who have thrown fits that Mark Zuckerberg very publicly, transparently, and lawfully provided grant funding to help election officials during coronavirus are now shaking the can for private, undisclosed donations to this audit. They’ve already raised millions of dollars and have benefited from the munificence of far-from-impartial sources such as One America News Network and pro-Trump conspiracy theorist lawyer Lin Wood.

That’s your audit. Are you still comfortable? If you are, do you think your Democrat friends are?

Perhaps I could have celebrated another confidence-boosting audit if it had been run by a professional elections firm like Clear Ballot. Or else a top-notch auditor like Deloitte.

But Cyber Ninjas? I’m not going to believe a darn thing they say. And I’m a Republican who voted for Trump.

STEPHEN RICHER is the Maricopa County recorder. He was elected, as a Republican, in November 2020, and took office in January and writer of the linked/below

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/05/the-madness-of-the-maricopa-county-election-audit/

I’m a libertarian-minded Republican. I hate taxes. Especially the income tax. But I pay all required taxes.

I suspect you also pay your taxes. And like most Americans, you probably don’t cheat or lie.

For that reason, even though an IRS audit might annoy you and cause you some stress, you’d eventually realize that you have nothing to fear as long as the audit is done fairly and properly.

But you’d likely feel differently if the IRS outsourced the audit to someone who:

Had publicly stated prior to examining your taxes that you’d certainly committed tax fraud

That is what is happening to elections in Maricopa County, Ariz. — the home of almost two-thirds of Arizona’s voting population.

In the immediate aftermath of the November 3, 2020, election, Maricopa County oversaw a hand-count audit of over 47,000 votes, a statistically significant sampling as determined by multiple professional statisticians. The recognized political parties — Republican, Democrat, and Libertarian — administered the hand count in groups of three volunteers appointed by party leadership. Those hand-counted results matched the machine-tabulated results with 100 percent accuracy. Perfect accuracy. This was the third hand count performed by the political parties in 2020 that confirmed the accuracy of Maricopa County’s tabulation equipment.

The same is true of the pre-election and post-election tests done of the tabulation equipment — 100 percent accuracy. The machines are state and federally certified, and the county has used machines owned by the same parent company (Dominion) since 1998 without problems or discrepancies.

Nonetheless, in February, the county enlisted two professional, certified elections-equipment companies to analyze the oft-voiced concerns regarding the Dominion tabulation software and hardware. The county asked the two election companies to do everything necessary to:

Determine if the tabulators had connected to the Internet at any point before, during, or after the election

Both companies used methodologies honed over the course of hundreds of previous examinations. Neither company found problems with the tabulators. Their reports are available online.

We also had the benefit of the eight court cases challenging Maricopa County’s election administration. None of those eight cases found any widespread inaccuracy, fraud, or wrongdoing. Only two were dismissed for lack of standing.

Armed with these facts and professional assessments, I made the only reasonable conclusion I could make: Maricopa County accurately tabulated the November 3 ballots. I say this without any bias or skin in the game. The irony of all of this is that I was merely a candidate in November. In fact, I defeated the incumbent Democrat who was previously the top elections official for the county. (I guess he forgot to rig his own election? Or was it a clever ruse?)

But the Arizona Senate didn’t feel comfortable with that conclusion and is now conducting its own audit. For an unknown reason, Maricopa County is the only county of Arizona’s 15 counties being audited, and only the top two contests on the ballot — the presidential, in which Joe Biden (D) defeated incumbent Donald Trump (R), and the Senate race, in which Mark Kelly (D) defeated incumbent Martha McSally (R) — are being audited. Down-ballot, Republicans held the state legislature and won five of the six countywide seats.

At least one professional, widely known, certified elections company (Clear Ballot) applied to do the Senate’s audit. The Senate rejected that official bid.

The Senate has not provided any details on its selection process and ultimately chose a company that did not formally apply. That company is Cyber Ninjas — a tiny cybersecurity company from Sarasota, Fla. This is the first election audit ever run by Cyber Ninjas. You did not read that wrong: Before being handed the lead position in maybe the most consequential post-election audit ever, Cyber Ninjas had run zero election audits. Understandably, nobody in the elections community had ever heard of Cyber Ninjas. Neither Christian Ziegler, vice chairman of the Republican Party of Florida — where the Cyber Ninjas are from — nor Representative Vern Buchanan, whose election in 2006 caused changes to Florida election law, had previously heard of, or worked with, Cyber Ninjas. That’s right: The state that gave America the hanging chad had never heard of Cyber Ninjas.

Even more troubling than the lack of any election-audit experience are the publicly stated beliefs of Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan.

Logan has indulged the wildest election conspiracy theories, including the one that deceased Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez somehow had a hand in rigging America’s elections. Perhaps because of the malignant influence of Chavez, Logan had already concluded, prior to even starting the audit, that the nation’s elections were fraudulent (“I’m tired of hearing people say there was no fraud. It happened, it’s real, and people better get wise fast,” read a tweet he once retweeted). He also authored a report called “Election Fraud Facts & Details” for conspiracy-theorist-in-chief Sidney Powell, who has started singing a very different tune since getting sued by Dominion for defamation.

The resulting audit is about what you’d expect. The auditors spent days using UV lights looking for watermarks as a result of a popular QAnon theory about the election (Maricopa County’s ballots don’t have watermarks), and they’re still examining the paper ballots for traces of bamboo fibers to prove that the ballots were fraudulently flown in from China (our ballots are printed in none other than Arizona). The volunteer workers of the audit are recruited mostly from Republican Party sources, including a former Arizona Republican Party chairman and a former Republican state legislator who was on the November 3 ballot and also at the January 6 rally at the Capitol. Just how Republican-heavy the workforce is has not been disclosed. There is no documented process for vetting audit workers, but that component is now being managed by Patrick Byrne, another election conspiracy theorist and friend of Sidney Powell.

The methodology is no better. It’s a slipshod process that would never be used by professional election auditors and which has earned the widespread ridicule of election officials. Cyber Ninjas even committed the rookie mistake of having a blue pen (which can be used to mark ballots) in the ballot-counting area. The company only learned of this faux-pas when an on-site journalist expressed concern (and journalists have not been allowed at all parts of the audit). The subcontractor who set up the recount process recently decided to walk off the job after having only completed one-fourth of the ballots. The hand count was originally set to finish in mid May, but despite having tables that rotate ballots at a whiplash speed and likely faster than volunteers can count, the count is still ongoing.

As for the funding of this multi-month endeavor, it’s dripping with irony. The same people who have thrown fits that Mark Zuckerberg very publicly, transparently, and lawfully provided grant funding to help election officials during coronavirus are now shaking the can for private, undisclosed donations to this audit. They’ve already raised millions of dollars and have benefited from the munificence of far-from-impartial sources such as One America News Network and pro-Trump conspiracy theorist lawyer Lin Wood.

That’s your audit. Are you still comfortable? If you are, do you think your Democrat friends are?

Perhaps I could have celebrated another confidence-boosting audit if it had been run by a professional elections firm like Clear Ballot. Or else a top-notch auditor like Deloitte.

But Cyber Ninjas? I’m not going to believe a darn thing they say. And I’m a Republican who voted for Trump.
He's clearly biased. Trust the process. Let's see how this plays out. Yada yada.

Well, yeah. That's what happens when you ignore transparency and fail to follow established and trusted procedures..
Like Republican poll watchers on election day?
You complained about it then, but you're not complaining now. And you have the nerve to cry "partisan".
And what he's complaining about really never happened, as Trump's lawyers admitted in court (where its a crime to lie to the judge).

Unless Max has other instances he'd like to share.

This should end all doubt in anyone's mind that this audit is nonsense.

It won't, but it should.

They're going to say Trump won, and the mad talking points to follow are already being developed. 

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/12/joint-statement-elections-infrastructure-government-coordinating-council-election
I'll counter that with Donald Trump Jr. CHECKMATE

After news today, I am more certain that PA and Michigan will be audited and Trump will be found the winner and he will be let back in the WH at some point. I am frustrated at how slow this process is taking, especially with PA and Michigan wanting to be audited next.

Michigan machines were broken into and Pa had a bunch of fraud.

After news today, I am more certain that PA and Michigan will be audited and Trump will be found the winner and he will be let back in the WH at some point. I am frustrated at how slow this process is taking, especially with PA and Michigan wanting to be audited next.

Right? 

Are we still on the August reinstatement trajectory, or are these slow recounts going to delay the process? 

Michigan might take particularly long because they'll have to carefully inspect each ballot to make sure no Canadian hemp-laced ballots get counted.

Are we still on the August reinstatement trajectory, or are these slow recounts going to delay the process? 

Michigan might take particularly long because they'll have to carefully inspect each ballot to make sure no Canadian hemp-laced ballots get counted.
You laugh and make your jokes, but you know you are worried.. You folks cheated to get out a great man.

KDKA in Pittsburgh just broke that PA will now be audited.. YESSSS!!!!!!!!!

I am fascinated at how people get to this place.

That they can allow themselves to go here, and the path they followed to get here.

OK so you’ve said something like this before and I’ve asked you now at least three different times. Hopefully you answer me this time.

By what legal mechanism does this happen?Please explain how the constitution allows for this even assuming what you’re hoping for with the cheating is true.  

I am fascinated at how people get to this place.

That they can allow themselves to go here, and the path they followed to get here.
Watch the video that Maurile posted about people that get lost to QAnon stuff.   Their families describe it like watching them die.

OK so you’ve said something like this before and I’ve asked you now at least three different times. Hopefully you answer me this time.

By what legal mechanism does this happen?Please explain how the constitution allows for this even assuming what you’re hoping for with the cheating is true.  
I've had this conversation with a few of my conspiracy-minded co-workers. Their only explanation is that the Supreme Court will somehow make a ruling that interprets the Constitution in a way that reinstates Trump as president. And since the Supreme Court is the supreme law of the land, therefore the libs won't be able to do anything about it.

I've jus heard breaking news that republicans actually swept the senate and the house as well and that the machines were all broken and controlled by Fidel Castro who isn't actually dead.  He lives in a house with Marx and they have so much time they have become expert computer hackers and thus have gamed just the machines that helped the democrats while making sure nothing happened in other races.  I'm so glad this news just broke on a number of reputable websites.

I've had this conversation with a few of my conspiracy-minded co-workers. Their only explanation is that the Supreme Court will somehow make a ruling that interprets the Constitution in a way that reinstates Trump as president. And since the Supreme Court is the supreme law of the land, therefore the libs won't be able to do anything about it.
Sure and he’s made some vague statements that the Supreme Court would do the same too. I could also make a statement that the Supreme Court is going to require all of us to move to the moon too, doesn’t make it true.  

I’d like these people saying this to explain the how. 

Watch the video that Maurile posted about people that get lost to QAnon stuff.   Their families describe it like watching them die.
I’ve lost two family members to this nonsense. They went from thoughtful, wonderful people to angry online trolls who say the most repulsive things to family and strangers. One of my wife’s oldest friends is a cardiologist in NY, and she was handling Covid responsibilities for NYC firefighters.

She lost her grandfather, and just barely saved her parents and grandmother by spending every second not working caring for them. They are all refugees, and this was all the family she has left. She worked 24 hours a day saving Covid patients and then treating her parents. My cousins decided to message her, a stranger, to call her a liar,  and accuse her of murdering New Yorkers with masks. They trolled her mercilessly, even when she posted about her grandfather’s death. I should be angry, but I’m just sad.

I’ve lost two family members to this nonsense. They went from thoughtful, wonderful people to angry online trolls who say the most repulsive things to family and strangers. One of my wife’s oldest friends is a cardiologist in NY, and she was handling Covid responsibilities for NYC firefighters.

She lost her grandfather, and just barely saved her parents and grandmother by spending every second not working caring for them. They are all refugees, and this was all the family she has left. She worked 24 hours a day saving Covid patients and then treating her parents. My cousins decided to message her, a stranger, to call her a liar,  and accuse her of murdering New Yorkers with masks. They trolled her mercilessly, even when she posted about her grandfather’s death. I should be angry, but I’m just sad.
Ugh...that's awful

Part of the thing with all this Q stuff is it's just not personal beliefs, it's the constant throwing of vitriol at everyone. In my hood the anti-covid folks like to block the entrances to grade schools to make kids sick.

Ugh...that's awful

Part of the thing with all this Q stuff is it's just not personal beliefs, it's the constant throwing of vitriol at everyone. In my hood the anti-covid folks like to block the entrances to grade schools to make kids sick.
Thanks. It’s been incredibly hard. I’m the oldest cousin, and watched them grow up from babies. The change was remarkable and awful. One went from a liberal to a nonsense peddling Q hard liner.

My word, that’s repulsive. Bringing their nonsense to school? Trying to infect kids? WTF is wrong with these people?

When he said, "let back in the WH at some point", I think he meant on a tour.

The constitution can be over turned by the SCOTUS and the Senate.. If not, the Military can intervene and make this right.

I predict......cyber states they found a great deal of questionable ballots.  They will call them potentially fraudulent.  They will state they have turned over their concerns to the gop led state government for follow up.

and the whole dies a slow death

I predict......cyber states they found a great deal of questionable ballots.  They will call them potentially fraudulent.  They will state they have turned over their concerns to the gop led state government for follow up.

and the whole dies a slow death
This thing won't die as long as their are donations to be solicited.

As this thread has shown, there's no end to the cycle of manufactured outrage->solicitation->move goalpost.

Users who are viewing this thread