What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maricopa County Recount: Nightmare or Farce? (1 Viewer)

Funny how our stuff is anti-democracy, but cheating in a US Presidential election isn’t. 
If you believe there was election fraud, you fight it in the court. It should be easy since the Supreme Court is on your side, as you mentioned. Calling for military involvement in overthrowing the elected government and destroying one of the major parties because your disagree with them is anti democratic. This is not controversial.

Edit: Election fraud is anti democratic as well. If you think there was fraud, prove it in a court.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you believe there was election fraud, you fight it in the court. It should be easy since the Supreme Court is on your side, as you mentioned. Calling for military involvement in overthrowing the elected government and destroying one of the major parties because your disagree with them is anti democratic. This is not controversial.

Edit: Election fraud is anti democratic as well. If you think there was fraud, prove it in a court.
They tried to fight in court but every case they presented was laughed out of court.

Remember Rudy’s hair dye, the press conference in front of a landscaping business, Powell’s release the kraken nonsense?

Now you have this ridiculous “audit” in Maricopa.  It’s been one absurdity after another.

The inmates in the GOP have taken over the asylum. 

The courts are anti-drmocratic. We need a people's assembly and people's tribunals led by true patriots.  That's democracy!

PennStater77 said:
Well in Pa, the Pennsylvania Constitution states votes are to be made in person.. That didn't happen.
Please quote the PA Constitution section that says that.  I've read it several times, and even with 40 years of experience in practicing law in PA, I can't find anything that comes even remotely close.

Somebody is spoon feeding lies to PennState77 and he's taken it all in - and worse repeating it like he's the smartest one in the room

Somebody is spoon feeding lies to PennState77 and he's taken it all in - and worse repeating it like he's the smartest one in the room
Has got to be fishing trip at this point...I mean really.  Pointless to debate or counter it because he will just move on to the next lie and ignore the rest.

PennStater77 said:
Funny how our stuff is anti-democracy, but cheating in a US Presidential election isn’t. 
Nothing funny about it. It is a harmful right wing fever dream based on nothing but lies and fantasy.

Has to be (weird) shtick. 
I continue to say this but, it’s not.  It may very well be for PS, I know nothing more about him/her then any of you.  But I do know people in real life who actually believe this crap.  And I mean personally not “I’ve seen it in articles”.  Personally know 3.  Yes 3, that all swear Trump is back in office soon. It’s unreal man and the only reason I continue to engage with PS.  In an attempt to understand and because I won’t with the 3 I know.  

I continue to say this but, it’s not.  It may very well be for PS, I know nothing more about him/her then any of you.  But I do know people in real life who actually believe this crap.  And I mean personally not “I’ve seen it in articles”.  Personally know 3.  Yes 3, that all swear Trump is back in office soon. It’s unreal man and the only reason I continue to engage with PS.  In an attempt to understand and because I won’t with the 3 I know.  
Personally like to see the different views on here. Getting different perspectives to mine is great. An advantage on this board though even the numbers are small I have seen many of these names over the years. 

Some I can see it’s tongue in cheek, shtick or I think it is.

This “Trump is going to take over again ####” is too insane and borderline dangerous. Like the hardcore Q stuff or the pizzagate stuff I can’t deal with it.

Sorry to hear you know folks in the real world that have gotten wrapped up in this. I hope it is not people you care about.

Has got to be fishing trip at this point...I mean really.  Pointless to debate or counter it because he will just move on to the next lie and ignore the rest.
Yes just need to put those who don't provide legitimate links to back their claims  or they keep changing the subject on ignore. Debating with them is like trying to eat jello with chopsticks.

Sorry to hear you know folks in the real world that have gotten wrapped up in this. I hope it is not people you care about.
It’s in our “friend” group but not close friends. Our kids are friends.  But I can’t talk to them about it because they are all super passionate about it.  For example, on election night a police helicopter was flying over one of their neighborhoods, she texted my wife that that was proof the civil war was starting.  She wasn’t kidding……

It’s in our “friend” group but not close friends. Our kids are friends.  But I can’t talk to them about it because they are all super passionate about it.  For example, on election night a police helicopter was flying over one of their neighborhoods, she texted my wife that that was proof the civil war was starting.  She wasn’t kidding……
Good grief. No bueno. 

Same.  A couple of the ones I know are relatively successful small businessmen.  The scary thing is they were so passionate they would share these beliefs on the pages their customers would see.   Another works in the healthcare field and believes this along with a lot of the COVID misinformation about the vaccine and mask. I know many of these customers lean the same way but find it hard to believe they don't look at these people in a different light.

As America’s Audit expands, I hope for the sake of our country, the forensic auditors can determine where the additional 4 million votes originated. 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/evidence-2020-election-trickery-people-voted-reported-2020-census-data/
I'm going to need an explanation of this. First, my Census form had no questions about voting. Did others have them?  Why didn't I get to be counted among voters? Second, the Census forms went out in the spring of 2020. How can any question about voting to be done 6 months later have any validity, especially when the Census questions (if they existed) were being answered at the height of the pandemic and before the push for voting by mail? I can see millions of people saying, "No way I'm going to go stand in a line to vote if it means getting Covid" and then deciding to take advantage of the safer ways of voting when November got there.  I can also see millions of people deciding that Trump's rhetoric and actions during the pandemic (and after the Census forms were completed and returned) demanded that they change their minds and go vote. Finally, the article recognizes that there's little to no actual correlation between their data: sometimes it's accurate, sometimes it's off 3 million votes, sometimes it's off 9 million votes (who cares which direction it's off? Inaccurate is inaccurate.). So, the summary is: Let's look at an historically inaccurate measure, based on incomplete data that is at least 6 months out of date in a year which is wildly different from any other election year in history because of a pandemic and increased reliance on alternative voting methods, and expect it to predict results in one of the most unique, partisan and vociferous election cycles in the history of the US.

The census data is a thing. What isn't discussed in the article is that 36.5 million people were not included as answering either yes or no. The Census Bureau said the 'No response to voting' category “includes those who were not asked if they voted as well as those who responded  'Don't Know,' and 'Refused.'

The census data is a thing. What isn't discussed in the article is that 36.5 million people were not included as answering either yes or no. The Census Bureau said the 'No response to voting' category “includes those who were not asked if they voted as well as those who responded  'Don't Know,' and 'Refused.'
"Voted" as opposed to "Going to vote"? Again, the Census forms went out before the election and data collection ended October 16. It's safe to say that very few people "voted" in the 2020 Presidential election before they completed their Census forms.

ETA: Never mind. Digging around on the Census Bureau site indicates they send out supplemental questions to some people in November to determine this.

"Voted" as opposed to "Going to vote"? Again, the Census forms went out before the election and data collection ended October 16. It's safe to say that very few people "voted" in the 2020 Presidential election before they completed their Census forms.
The source is Gateway Pundit. When right-leaning Fox News picks it up I'll believe there could be something. But they're not reporting. I'll wait for any somewhat reputable source to cover it. Fox News, WSJ, Rueters, etc.

The article is horribly written.  It talks about how the census is usually spot on, then goes on to give excuses why it was of by 9M votes a couple times. 

The article is horribly written.  It talks about how the census is usually spot on, then goes on to give excuses why it was of by 9M votes a couple times. 
It also says "in almost every case where the Census grossly botched the results, it was because the bureau over-recorded the number of those who voted."  "Almost every case" clearly means "not always", so apparently voting has been drastically under-reported in previous years, too.

Telltale sign of propaganda?  It first starts with the name.  “America’s Audit” is a perfect example. 

But what's the explanation when it didn't happen?

I will put you in the category with I imagine most of the Democrats will be, that you will never accept the results of the AZ audit.  However, if fraud is found these will create additional audits in swing states where voting stopped counting in the middle of the night with Trump ahead and suddenly Biden was ahead in the morning.
So your not going to answer my question?

My thoughts on this are here below….

If you let one extremely biased side exclusive access to the items be audited prior to the next “bi-partisan” audit it leaves the door open for results to be tainted.  How can anyone, on either side of the argument, truly trust the results of said audit and then thus the election results?   

as I’ve said all along the results from this don’t matter, it’s only serving to drive a deeper wedge in the division. You have to start with the bipartisan audit for this to mean anything 

There’s no legitimate way for someone to argue that all they really care about is election integrity and process with this audit. You cannot be on that side of the argument and be OK with this flawed process audit.  If election integrity and process is what someone is really concerned about they cannot stand behind this audit. It logically doesn’t align. 

The only way one can stand behind this audit Is admitting that all they care about is getting the results they want. No other arguments line up.  

Wait until they find this kind of #### in Georgia, Pa, Wisconsin, and Michigan.. 

Like I said, I am 100% certain we will take control of the House and Senate in 2022, at that point I am confident our great representatives and senators will find a reason to impeach Biden and Harris. It may not be popular, but it needs to be done. Especially when it comes back neither actually won. 

Wait until they find this kind of #### in Georgia, Pa, Wisconsin, and Michigan.. 

Like I said, I am 100% certain we will take control of the House and Senate in 2022, at that point I am confident our great representatives and senators will find a reason to impeach Biden and Harris. It may not be popular, but it needs to be done. Especially when it comes back neither actually won. 
A majority of Americans already believe there was cheating in the 2020 election.  If America’s Audit provides proof, this Administration will be gone long before the midterms.   

A majority of Americans already believe there was cheating in the 2020 election.  If America’s Audit provides proof, this Administration will be gone long before the midterms.   
Humor me for a minute. Let's assume this all plays out like the GOP fantasy thinks it will. What is the Constitutional fix? Keeping in mind all elections were certified.

A majority of Americans already believe there was cheating in the 2020 election.  If America’s Audit provides proof this Administration will be gone long before the midterms.   
:lmao:

There's just so much comically wrong with this post.

Start with the fact that it's false to say that a majority of Americans believe that there was cheating in the 2020 election. (A majority of Republicans might believe that, naturally, but Republicans make up a dwindling percentage of Americans.)

(Wait, are we including Trump's own attempts to cheat in that stat? Because that would make more sense actually.)

Then add the fact that anyone would put credence into a made-up thing called "America's Audit". (Is this the next catchphrase that will soon be available on t-shirts and coffee mugs whenever I see popup ads ad GatewayPundit and OANN.com? Whatever happened to "Trust Sessions" and "Laptop From Hell" anyway??)

Then add the fact that anyone would actually believe that a Democratically-controlled Congress would vote to impeach a Democrat president. :lmao: Come on, that's not real. (Or do people think that somehow the Supreme Court has authority to remove a president? Because it would be funny if people thought that.)

There’s no “goal” except to find out the truth.  

if widespread cheating is found that altered the outcome of the election, what do you think should happen?
The time to find "widespread cheating" has passed. The states certified their elections. How long after the certification should an election be overturned? And by what means? What provisions are in the Constitution that allow for that? Or do we tear up the Constitution?

Now, if you want to think (as you do almost daily now) that the AZ circus carries weight, I would agree with you IF it was a legitimate, bi-partisan effort. this can not be trusted by any means at this point. The chain of custody was broken. That should be a big, red flag to anyone who truly wants answers and not some partisan goal to find abnormalities. 

Ask yourself: Why did the one legitimate company get passed over for a no-name, partisan hack of a company who has already publically claimed fraud? A company who didn't even bid on the job. Weird, huh?

if widespread cheating is found that altered the outcome of the election, what do you think should happen?
There have been bipartisan audits and recounts with no evidence of widespread cheating.

Trump had Kobach run a voter fraud commission, and they found nothing.

You’re looking for a fire, but there’s not even any smoke. 

The truth is Donald Trump legitimately lost the election.

And anyone calling for SCOTUS or military intervention or Civil War is calling for an end to our Union and that is putting it mildly.

Users who are viewing this thread