Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Maricopa County Recount: Nightmare or Farce?

7 hours ago, Gachi said:

The GOP really went along with the stolen election rhetoric. It's so sad. 

Anti-Trump Republicans: Are you disappointed in the GOP or surprised they didn't denounce Trump's lies about the election even after Jan 6? 

Disappointment is too nice, and I'm not surprised at all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PennStater77 said:

The Military should not be involved in an election, but neither should Katie hobbs, Gretchen Whitmer, or Jocelyn Benson.

The Secretary of States are election board officials and results of the electoral college need to be signed by the state's governor so they absolutely should be involved in the election.  The fact that you don't like them is immaterial.

You are either being purposely obtuse or don't understand how elections work in the United States.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PennStater77 said:

A lot of people are questioning if these people election wins were fair.. 

They are questioning it because their hero told them so.

Trump always calls elections rigged, even those that he wins.  He did it for the GOP primaries in 2016, the 2016 presidential election and he was saying it months before the first ballot was cast in the 2020 election.  He did it when his stupid reality show didn't win a Grammy.

He does it all the time, EVERY time.  And millions of gullible people fall for it, EVERY time. 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Post preposterous things get a preposterous response.  

Post preposterous things get placed on ignore.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Gachi said:

The GOP really went along with the stolen election rhetoric. It's so sad. 

Anti-Trump Republicans: Are you disappointed in the GOP or surprised they didn't denounce Trump's lies about the election even after Jan 6? 

Surprised that those claiming to be Evangelicals could be so mean with so much hatred for people of color from other nations with claims they want legal immigration. They want government out of their lives, are poor stewards of the land with too much deregulation, want the return of a White America, and don’t want to pay enough taxes to cover our deficits.

Disappointed that there aren’t more Republicans who recognized the danger of what happened on Jan 6th, and that they believe the lies of Trump.

And even though they won’t admit cheating to win is ok they are ok with it as long as the right side wins

Edited by lazyike

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Trump always calls elections rigged, even those that he wins.  He did it for the GOP primaries in 2016, the 2016 presidential election and he was saying it months before the first ballot was cast in the 2020 election.  He did it when his stupid reality show didn't win a Grammy.

He does it all the time, EVERY time.  And millions of gullible people fall for it, EVERY time. 

There’s a demographic at play here that his supporters don’t like to talk about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lazyike said:

Surprised that those claiming to be Evangelicals could be so mean with so much hatred for people of color from other nations with claims they want legal immigration. They want government out of their lives, are poor stewards of the land with too much deregulation, want the return of a White America, and don’t want to pay enough taxes to cover our deficits.

Disappointed that there aren’t more Republicans who recognized the danger of what happened on Jan 6th, and that they believe the lies of Trump.

And even though they won’t admit cheating to win is ok they are ok with it as long as the right side wins

Cool narrative  Now do the First Son that appears to throw around the N word like a frisbee, the ongoing Antifa/BLM riots, the repeated failed partisan attempts to get Trump out of office that many have labeled failed coups.  

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Cool narrative  Now do the First Son that appears to throw around the N word like a frisbee, the ongoing Antifa/BLM riots, the repeated failed partisan attempts to get Trump out of office that many have labeled failed coups.  

You know, many have said.  It's all about the many.  I've often wondered how many people make up a many?

9 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

You know, many have said.  It's all about the many.  I've often wondered how many people make up a many?

A clear and obvious minority.

38 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The riots last summer attacked business and expressed anger at law enforcement. Crazy stuff that angered me but some of those arrested in Minnesota charged with arson were white and had  nothing to do with BLM. I never worried about them overtaking the government...it wasn't a coup and if need be could be squelched by the National guard. The attack on our capital was attempt to overturn the  significant democratic transfer of power essential to continued our democracy. I see no comparison. And if Republicans had inegrity and courage the second inpeachment should have been successful

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 6
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, lazyike said:

The riots last summer attacked business and expressed anger at law enforcement. Crazy stuff that angered me but some of those arrested in Minnesota charged with arson were white and had  nothing to do with BLM. I never worried about them overtaking the government...it wasn't a coup and if need be could be squelched by the National guard. The attack on our capital was attempt to overturn the  significant democratic transfer of power essential to continued our democracy. I see no comparison.

Of course you don’t.  

3 minutes ago, lazyike said:

The riots last summer attacked business and expressed anger at law enforcement. Crazy stuff that angered me but some of those arrested in Minnesota charged with arson were white and nothing to do with BLM. I never worried aboyt them overtaking the government...it wasn't a coup and if need be could be squelched by the National guard. The attack on our capital was attempt to overturn  significant democratic transfer of power essential to continued our democracy. I see no comparison.

There is no comparison for what happened on January 6th. None. It was an attempt to stop the peaceful transfer of power. The BLM riots are unfortunate but similar to what has occurred during our turbulent history with civil rights.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Of course you don’t.  

Good gosh there are some here talking about rewriting the Constitution, a military coup and impeaching Biden

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Disappointment is too nice, and I'm not surprised at all.

3 hours ago, lazyike said:

Did you guys vote for Biden or just not vote at all in 2020?

One of my republican friends voted for Hillary in 2016 but trump in 2020 and it’s the most backward thing ever to me.

54 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I just look at Nickelback record sales to get the total of how “many” people can genuinely develop and share the same bad opinion about something. 

• Laughing 1

13 minutes ago, Gachi said:

One of my republican friends voted for Hillary in 2016 but trump in 2020 and it’s the most backward thing ever to me.

2016 i voted for McMullan thinking Trump was going to lose. Seeing how voting 3rd party could see another Trump term I voted for Biden....the first time ever casting a Presidential vote for a Democrat. It helped he was much more likable than Hillary.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Gachi said:

I voted for Gary Johnson in '12, held my nose and voted for Hillary in '16, and absolutely voted Biden in '20.

And I'll continue to vote for any Dem over any Trumplican until his ideology is gone from the GOP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

On 6/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, knowledge dropper said:

As America’s Audit expands, I hope for the sake of our country, the forensic auditors can determine where the additional 4 million votes originated. 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/evidence-2020-election-trickery-people-voted-reported-2020-census-data/

Amazing that a day later not a single reputable outlet has picked up on these stories. Not Fox News, not the WSJ or Reuters.

I had at least expected to see one or both of these bombshells to be the top banner story at foxnews.com. But hey, if the Conservative Treehouse is reporting it....

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

29 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Amazing that a day later not a single reputable outlet has picked up on these stories. Not Fox News, not the WSJ or Reuters.

I had at least expected to see one or both of these bombshells to be the top banner story at foxnews.com. But hey, if the Conservative Treehouse is reporting it....

Of course the MSM isn’t going to cover it.  

Just now, knowledge dropper said:

Of course the MSM isn’t going to cover it.  

You seriously don't believe WSJ, Fox News, or even USA Today would cover it? So what's the go-to for the REAL news? I mean, other than The Conservative Treehouse and National File?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

15 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

These websites have perfected the convergence of infotainment and End Times prophecy. I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of their readers actually believe the stories, and what percentage know that it's fabulism, but go along with the ruse as a form of virtue signaling.

We've seen a similar pattern here in the Political (Sub)Forum. It's basically political kayfabe.

12 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

You seriously don't believe WSJ, Fox News, or even USA Today would cover it? So what's the go-to for the REAL news? I mean, other than The Conservative Treehouse and National File?

For the real unbiased news, Gateway Pundit. 

2 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

These websites have perfected the convergence of infotainment and End Times prophecy. I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of their readers actually believe the stories, and what percentage know that it's fabulism, but go along with the ruse as a form of virtue signaling.

We've seen a similar pattern here in the Political (Sub)Forum. It's basically political kayfabe.

You aren't kidding.  I just looked that site up and its as Weekly World News as you might imagine.  Great, reiaible link there @knowledge dropper.  Thanks for making the discourse an even worse place.:thumbup:

Its zeal for the conspiratorial is so pronounced that even some of Donald Trump’s staunchest allies in right-wing media find the site’s devoted commenters and its pseudonymous operator, “Sundance,” bizarre. Talk radio host Mark Levin has called it a “kook site.” Former Breitbart reporter Lee Stranahan dubbed the site’s owner an “egocentric lunatic” with “cult-like followers.”  

And yet, despite its reputation (or, perhaps, because of it) The Conservative Treehouse has the president’s ear. 

On Tuesday, Trump tweeted a conspiracy theory that originated on the site about Martin Gugino, the 75-year-old New York man who bled from his head after he was shoved down by Buffalo police officers while attending a protest. Trump claimed that Gugino, who remains in the hospital in serious but stable condition, wasn’t the peaceful protester he appeared to be but rather a potential “antifa provocateur” trying to “scan police communications in order to black out the equipment.”

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

For the real unbiased news, Gateway Pundit. 

Its no wonder we've gotten to where we are - when you're so far down the rabbit hole of bias confirmation that you trust the "reporting" of The Conservative Treehouse over The Wall Street Journal.

:tinfoilhat:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Its no wonder we've gotten to where we are - when you're so far down the rabbit hole of bias confirmation that you trust the "reporting" of The Conservative Treehouse over The Wall Street Journal.

:tinfoilhat:

Good plan to keep searching for a source that says what you want to hear and then believe it 

Then call all other sources biased because they won’t report or confirm it.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Honestly, despite what I compared it to I really miss the Weekly World News.  It was crazy, but 'fun crazy' not 'dangerous to the future of our democracy' crazy like these sites are.  We need to get the loons back focused on Weekly World News again.  More bat boy and Jesus-on-toast zaniness, less Q and stop-the-steal zaniness.  I miss the 90s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lazyike said:

Good plan to keep searching for a source that says what you want to hear and then believe it 

Then call all other sources biased because they won’t report or confirm it.

I certainly see my share of biased left-wing "news" on social media. But for anything that gets my attention I seek out reputable sources to see if they've covered the same story. If I don't see it reported by BBC, Reuters, WSJ, NYT and the like, I may find it amusing and move on.

But come here and post BREAKING NEWS THAT HAS TRUMP HATERS IN FEAR!!!1!! reported only by The National File and Conservative Treehouse is just embarrassing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/14/2021 at 9:54 AM, apalmer said:

I'm going to need an explanation of this. First, my Census form had no questions about voting. Did others have them?  Why didn't I get to be counted among voters? Second, the Census forms went out in the spring of 2020. How can any question about voting to be done 6 months later have any validity, especially when the Census questions (if they existed) were being answered at the height of the pandemic and before the push for voting by mail? I can see millions of people saying, "No way I'm going to go stand in a line to vote if it means getting Covid" and then deciding to take advantage of the safer ways of voting when November got there.  I can also see millions of people deciding that Trump's rhetoric and actions during the pandemic (and after the Census forms were completed and returned) demanded that they change their minds and go vote. Finally, the article recognizes that there's little to no actual correlation between their data: sometimes it's accurate, sometimes it's off 3 million votes, sometimes it's off 9 million votes (who cares which direction it's off? Inaccurate is inaccurate.). So, the summary is: Let's look at an historically inaccurate measure, based on incomplete data that is at least 6 months out of date in a year which is wildly different from any other election year in history because of a pandemic and increased reliance on alternative voting methods, and expect it to predict results in one of the most unique, partisan and vociferous election cycles in the history of the US.

I believe this is a copy of the 2020 census document LINK   I don't see anything related to voting.  I don't recall the question as part of the online version (which I completed).

For those who believe there is an issue here, can you provide evidence questions related to voting appear on the census form?

10 minutes ago, popeye said:

I believe this is a copy of the 2020 census document LINK   I don't see anything related to voting.  I don't recall the question as part of the online version (which I completed).

For those who believe there is an issue here, can you provide evidence questions related to voting appear on the census form?

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2021/2020-presidential-election-voting-and-registration-tables-now-available.html

46 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

None of the above are going to cover America’s Audit until the results are in.  I am curious about the progress, so I check sites that would speculate on the progress. 

Kelli Ward, the head of the Arizona GOP that is leading this circus, is ready to burn the Arizona Republican Party to the ground in her myopic support of all things Trump:  "We are the future - and old guard GOPe knows it (& abhors it and us)."   

The only thing this fraudulent audit and continuing the conspiracies is going to do is fracture the GOP and aid Democrats in flipping this state permanently.  

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

"The estimates presented in this table package may differ from those based on administrative data or exit polls due to factors such as survey nonresponse, vote misreporting and methodological issues related to question wording and survey administration."   In your own press release.  ESTIMATES....  DIFFER BECAUSE....  If you dig deeper you will find that this survey of who voted and who didnt was based on a very small sample size and extrapolated....and for use in analyzing trends from year to year not as a 2nd check and balance of the vote totals.  I know I didnt get this survey and highly doubt that you did either.  If youve still got concerns about missing votes you can call Census Bureau CPS Staff at  (301) 763-3806 to discuss the matter further.

4 minutes ago, da_budman said:

"The estimates presented in this table package may differ from those based on administrative data or exit polls due to factors such as survey nonresponse, vote misreporting and methodological issues related to question wording and survey administration."   In your own press release.  ESTIMATES....  DIFFER BECAUSE....  If you dig deeper you will find that this survey of who voted and who didnt was based on a very small sample size and extrapolated....and for use in analyzing trends from year to year not as a 2nd check and balance of the vote totals.  I know I didnt get this survey and highly doubt that you did either.  If youve still got concerns about missing votes you can call Census Bureau CPS Staff at  (301) 763-3806 to discuss the matter further.

I’m not a forensic auditor.  I am fairly certain my vote to Keep America Great in a beautiful red state was counted and my state had no allegations of shenanigans.  

I trust the company in Arizona will be thorough and look at any anomalies from all angles.    

9 minutes ago, da_budman said:

The source for the gateway pundit article is Richard Baris, who is not only a conspiracy theorist, but is promoting his own bogus polling company.   He's all over the place.  He claims that the democrats used Covid to make the 2020 election chaotic so they could hide election fraud, but he also claims that he can rely on the extrapolation of the US Census Bureau's informal and voluntary reporting to determine an accurate number of voters.  

Just more of the same.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -fish- said:

The source for the gateway pundit article is Richard Baris, who is not only a conspiracy theorist, but is promoting his own bogus polling company.   He's all over the place.  He claims that the democrats used Covid to make the 2020 election chaotic so they could hide election fraud, but he also claims that he can rely on the extrapolation of the US Census Bureau's informal and voluntary reporting to determine an accurate number of voters.  

Just more of the same.   

The problem is that a lot of Republicans believe this too.

29 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Thank you for the information.

From what I understand, data related to workforce, voting and other areas are collected as part of the Current Population Survey (CPS) which is performed monthly.  The link is to the results extracted from the Nov 2020 survey.   Based on the survey results, the census bureau projected 154 million votes would be cast in the 2020 election vs. the 158 million actual.  But this was only a projection.

For anyone who would like to delve a little more into the survey; voting questions begin on page 119 and results can be found beginning on page 186.  Per the survey "The universe consists of all persons in the civilian noninstitutional population of the United States living in households. The probability sample selected to represent the universe consists of approximately 54,000 households."   

11 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Just more of the same.   

Most Economists trust and rely data from the US Census Bureau.  It’s not exactly a bunch of chimpanzees and ping pong balls.  

2 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

The problem is that a lot of Republicans believe this too.

Sure.  These interrelated conspiracy theories have created a feedback loop.  "Pundits" like Baris are willing to say anything in their self-promotion and feed the conspiracy consumers what they want to hear, which validates their suspicions and increases their rabid desire for more confirmation, which these same people are more than willing to provide.  

Charlie Sykes called it a "doom loop of craziness."

The National Review is now confirming that Donald J. Trump, the former president of the United States (and probable Republican nominee in 2024) does indeed believe quite genuinely that he — along with former Sens. David Perdue and Martha McSally — will be “reinstated” later this summer.

That, of course, is not going to happen. It is, in fact, weapons-grade lunacy to imagine that it is even possible.

But Trump’s embrace of the story shows how the right’s doom loop of craziness works — and how it is accelerating narratives that began in the fevered imaginations of his hardcore true believers.

It should also remind us that even though an idea is fake, the consequences of a new Big Lie can be very real, and even deadly.

Delegitimizing our democracy is now central to Trump’s agenda and his hopes for a political comeback. And polls suggest that his lies about the election have influenced tens of millions of voters.

link

The knee-jerk reaction will, of course, be to criticize MSNBC or the MSM.   But this is an opinion piece from a long-time conservative radio host and columnist.   

8 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Most Economists trust and rely data from the US Census Bureau.  It’s not exactly a bunch of chimpanzees and ping pong balls.  

Seems odd that the same person would trust the US Census Bureau but not trust state election boards, the DOJ, FBI, US Cyber Security Agency, etc.

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

You can't have it both ways.   Either you're able to extrapolate 158 million votes accurately from 54,000 people self-reporting, or the election was so intentionally chaotic that it led to massive and undetectable voter fraud.   Both cannot be true, so Baris is either recklessly ignorant or purposely lying.   

And Baris is not an economist of any sort.   He's a blogger and self-made pollster.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, -fish- said:

You can't have it both ways.   Either you're able to extrapolate 158 million votes accurately from 54,000 people self-reporting, or the election was so intentionally chaotic that it led to massive and undetectable voter fraud.   Both cannot be true, so Baris is either recklessly ignorant or purposely lying.   

I disagree that both of these things cannot be true.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

3 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

I voted for Gary Johnson in '12, held my nose and voted for Hillary in '16, and absolutely voted Biden in '20.

And I'll continue to vote for any Dem over any Trumplican until his ideology is gone from the GOP.

In other words you will vote for the Democratic candidate for the rest of your life. It is the party of Trump and it's never coming back to anything better.

36 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I’m not a forensic auditor.  I am fairly certain my vote to Keep America Great in a beautiful red state was counted and my state had no allegations of shenanigans.  

I trust the company in Arizona will be thorough and look at any anomalies from all angles.    

Im not either.  I can read though.  You post a link to back up your rediculous other post and apparently didnt look at the census link at all.  I believe they will find SOMETHING.... but that something will likely be manufactured just like your link about 4 million missing votes was.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, popeye said:

Thank you for the information.

From what I understand, data related to workforce, voting and other areas are collected as part of the Current Population Survey (CPS) which is performed monthly.  The link is to the results extracted from the Nov 2020 survey.   Based on the survey results, the census bureau projected 154 million votes would be cast in the 2020 election vs. the 158 million actual.  But this was only a projection.

For anyone who would like to delve a little more into the survey; voting questions begin on page 119 and results can be found beginning on page 186.  Per the survey "The universe consists of all persons in the civilian noninstitutional population of the United States living in households. The probability sample selected to represent the universe consists of approximately 54,000 households."   

exactly how I read it

7 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

You're right my hero, our hero.. The man who is protecting our rights, the man who didn't bow down to foreign countries, the man who put American first.

Why do Dems hate America so bad?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 4

7 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

You're right my hero, our hero.. The man who is protecting our rights, the man who didn't bow down to foreign countries, the man who put American first.

No he is not...He is protecting his stash of fast food..... and fast food sucks.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

About 20 degrees too shticky.  Dial it back a skosh.  You could've stuck with the first sentence, but the second blows your cover.

• Like 2