Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How many Seinfeldisms are in your repertoire?

I still bust out "yeah, that's right" and "that's a shame" on occasion, but only around people who will get the references (brothers, a few cousins).  

I am sure there are others, but I cannot recall this early in the morning. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

"The heat, my God the heat."

Pretty much anything from the exchange about going to hell and the "Devils" and stealing his Jesus fish.

"It's gonna be rough."

Every time my wife and I have too many drinks and are having a big time at a bar or restaurant and the waiter comes to check on us it never fails...

waiter: you guys need more of anything?  

us: More Everything!  

we crack ourselves up  

• Like 2

Love spicy food so "It's the kung pao" comes up quite a bit.  Also occasionally tell people I work as an importer/exporter for Vandelay Industries.  Many others that have been mentioned as well..  Great thread

• Like 1

My god that Merv Griffin show is a classic:

• The studio set in Kramer's apartment
  • Kramer playing host with Newman as his sidekick - "Nope, we got a whole new format. Edgy, youthful..."
  • The sidler - Tic-tacs!
  • Easy bake oven - Toy collection
    • JERRY: What? It's a victimless crime.

• ELAINE: What about the woman who's been drugged and taken advantage of?

• JERRY: Okay, one victim.

• George having to take in the squirrel - We had a deal!

44 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

My god that Merv Griffin show is a classic:

• The studio set in Kramer's apartment
  • Kramer playing host with Newman as his sidekick - "Nope, we got a whole new format. Edgy, youthful..."
  • The sidler - Tic-tacs!
  • Easy bake oven - Toy collection
    • JERRY: What? It's a victimless crime.

• ELAINE: What about the woman who's been drugged and taken advantage of?

• JERRY: Okay, one victim.

• George having to take in the squirrel - We had a deal!

That is the subtle beauty of the entire show.  Every episode is full of different story lines that somehow come around to tie in at some point.  There are so many episodes I find myself saying "oh yeah, that is is in this one".  The story lines are all in my head but I forget how brilliant the show is at having so many in one episode.

14 minutes ago, Gally said:

This thread has been so great I will make a donation in each of your names to the Human Fund.......Money for People.

I did that a few years ago on Facebook on my birthday.  To everyone that posted something, I gave the same boilerplate reply along the lines of "Instead of saying thanks, a donation in your name has been made to The Human Fund."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Whenever I get a song stuck in my head, I fall back to George's answering machine song.

Believe it or not, George isn't at home, leave a messssaaaaaggee at the beep.  I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be.  Believe it or not, I'm not hooooome.    beeeeeeep.

Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain Cranks said:

Who?!?!  Who doesn't want to wear the ree-bon!?!?!

I've been saying  "Who doesn't want to wear the mask"  for the last year, 

"But I don't wanna be a________"  

I'll also just shake my head if my wife wants me to try her food, 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, D-Day said:

Whenever I get a song stuck in my head, I fall back to George's answering machine song.

Believe it or not, George isn't at home, leave a messssaaaaaggee at the beep.  I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be.  Believe it or not, I'm not hooooome.    beeeeeeep.

Sorry.

You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

I have had multiple teacher co-workers the last few years who were Seinfeld fans too.  We got a new assistant principal a few years back that I thought looked just like the guy who installed the new kitchen cabinets in Jerry's apartment.  I would never reference him by name to my co-workers, he was always "Conrad, Con, Connie, whatever you prefer."  

1 hour ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

I say that to my daughter anytime she says sorry for something.  She just rolls her eyes at me as I laugh.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

19 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I say that to my daughter anytime she says sorry for something.  She just rolls her eyes at me as I laugh.

I do that same thing with both my daughters.   I don't think they have any idea where that reference is from---they just think I'm crazy. 

8 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Also, my grand daughter calls me Poppy. So of course my wife gets in the “Poppy’s a little sloppy” from time to time 

I really hope your not leaving wet stains on couches.....

Still use:

"You are soooooo good looking" after someone sneezes.  Fewer and fewer people get the reference every year.

and when someone is sick "Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well"

19 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

anything from Bookman's dressing down of Jerry -

"I gotta flash for ya Joy boy" 

"It's freeze-dried, it lasts forever"

"Got that? Kewpie doll?"

"That is one tough monkey"

Bookman was awesome. The scene in Seinfeld's apartement, Seinfeld's trying to keep from losing it the whole time, he almost does lose it at Joy Boy. Great stuff.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library, fella!

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

9 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

I still bust out "yeah, that's right" and "that's a shame" on occasion, but only around people who will get the references (brothers, a few cousins).  

same 

also at any family gathering where chip dip of any sort is present, double dipping talk will be brought up multiple times

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Bookman was awesome. The scene in Seinfeld's apartement, Seinfeld's trying to keep from losing it the whole time, he almost does lose it at Joy Boy. Great stuff.

In that vain my all time favorite scene is the episode where Kramer starts a smoking club in his apartment, it’s been going on for a while and Kramer comes into Jerry’s kitchen looking  like a “shriveled up old catcher mit”. The next few lines of interaction are hilarious and Jerry can’t stop with the #### eating grin. Kramer concludes with the “Don’t look at me! I’m hideous!” line.  Seen it 100’s of times and still laugh every time.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

In that vain my all time favorite scene is the episode where Kramer starts a smoking club in his apartment, it’s been going on for a while and Kramer comes into Jerry’s kitchen looking  like a “shriveled up old catcher mit”. The next few lines of interaction are hilarious and Jerry can’t stop with the #### eating grin. Kramer concludes with the “Don’t look at me! I’m hideous!” line.  Seen it 100’s of times and still laugh every time.  

Watching the outtakes of this and a lot of other scenes is a must for Seinfeld fans.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Watching the outtakes of this and a lot of other scenes is a must for Seinfeld fans.

100%.  They literally can't get through it.

Edited by dkp993