What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this big move worth it in Dynasty league? (1 Viewer)

rizzonius

Footballguy
Dynasty 10 team, 0.5 ppr, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2DL/2LB/2DB.  Sacks are essentially worth 8 points for the IDP players.

My RBs:  Chubb, Mixon, Edmonds, Connor, Drake, David Johnson, Jeff Wilson, Hyde

My WRs: Robinson, Godwin, Aiyuk, Kirk, Green, Gage, Mims

My LBs: Leonard, Roquan Smith, Isaiah Simmons, Kirksey

Trade offer came:   Nick Chubb and Darius Leonard for 1.04, Amari Cooper, and Bradley Chubb.  There is an 80% chance 1.04 will be Ja'Marr Chase (Harris, Pitts, Javonte Williams are likely first 3 picks).

I'd be giving up my best RB and best LB to strengthen WR for years to come.  It feels like I would be weakening the team this season for a chance that Chase is an elite WR at some point.  

How much are tackles worth?  I assume on your phrasing that the total for all items included in a sack (tackle, TFL, QB hit, sack) adds up to 8 pts.  The ratio of tackle to sack is more important for evaluating.

Bradley Chubb could be huge with that scoring if tackles are 1 pt.  I would guess Chubb could be in the top 10 with an 8 to 1 sack to tackle ratio.  

My biggest concern is your RB's get decimated in this deal which could be a problem.  I probably pass but it's close.

I would pass.  This move requires you to start a questionable RB2 each week leaving Mixon as your RB1.  

While there is value in the IDP & WR upgrades, the scarcity of RB's make this a risky move.  

I know very little about IDP so i cant provide to much advice there but i can offer some overall advice. This trade comes down to them saying that 1.04 is worth the difference between chubb and cooper and also LB vs LB which I think is under valued. If this was chubb for cooper and 1.04 that is better or LB for LB plus 1.04 you either need more picks or players to do this.

Thanks for the responses.  To answer a question from above, Tackles are worth 1.5, Sacks are worth 4, TFL, QB Hit, Sack yardage get it up to 7.5-8 points per sack.

The other team sent me a different offer overnight, this time Cooper and 1.04 for Nick Chubb and Isaiah Simmons.  I'm more apt to accept this offer since I'm not giving up Leonard and can reload LB with the deep class of LB during the rookie draft. 

Thanks for the responses.  To answer a question from above, Tackles are worth 1.5, Sacks are worth 4, TFL, QB Hit, Sack yardage get it up to 7.5-8 points per sack.

The other team sent me a different offer overnight, this time Cooper and 1.04 for Nick Chubb and Isaiah Simmons.  I'm more apt to accept this offer since I'm not giving up Leonard and can reload LB with the deep class of LB during the rookie draft. 
I wouldn't do this deal either for the same reasons as the other one.  It leaves you too short at RB.  Plus Simmons is going to be really good playing full time so I wouldn't discount that as a throw in piece.  

My question is this.... why do you want to trade Chubb.  He is top 5 RB for sure.  Not sure that I would give up a stud for a possibility. 

My question is this.... why do you want to trade Chubb.  He is top 5 RB for sure.  Not sure that I would give up a stud for a possibility. 
He turns 26 this season and has never finished as a top 5 RB, so "top 5 for sure" seems like a big stretch.

Going into the season, he’s top five.   Especially when you consider WHO your RB1 will be.  

Users who are viewing this thread