What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Jamar Chase/Fant worth more than 1.5 and 1.8? (1 Viewer)

We have a 12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB (6 PT for all TD) league:  Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D.

I have an amazing team but really like Chase.  I have 1.5 and 1.8 and had an offer for 1.4 if Chase is there on the clock.  That would be 1.4 (Chase) and Fant for 1.5 (would be Pitts in this scenario) and 1.8 but that owner wants more on top.  Is this worth it as it is?  If so, what more would you put on top to get the deal done if he demands more?

My current roster is:

QB - Dak, Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold

RB - Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, David Montgomery, Gus Edwards, Benny Snell, Gio, Ty Johnson, Eno Benjamin

WR - Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, A-Rob, Perriman, Sterling Shepard, Reagor, Cephus

TE - Kelce, Irv Smith

So you're saying this deal could be set in stone between the two of you now, but only conditionally carried out (the condition being that Chase still be available), at the draft, at the time of pick 1.04? I don't know how much I would want a TE, but it sounds like you're getting one either way. Basically downgrading Pitts to Fant and then getting Chase and losing the 1.08. I would personally probably be borderline on doing this trade at all, and probably wouldn't, but definitely wouldn't want to add more to it. (I'll add the disclaimer that I always add, that my league does not have a mandatory TE in the lineup so I don't have a great gauge of their values in 1+ TE leagues.)

In your position I wouldn't give up more.  1.04 & Fant for 1.05 & 1.08 is reasonable as is.  If that guy is taking Pitts at 1.05 if you make this deal why do you think he takes Chase if he doesn't make that deal.  There is a good chance if that guy is a Pitts truther that you can get Chase at 1.05 anyway.  I would hold tight as is.  

I am not sure I would give up both 1.05 & 1.08 for Chase & Fant.   So Chase & Fant for Pitts & 1.08? 

He is likely to take Pitts at 1.04 anyway, do Chase will still be there at 1.05 and you still keep the 1.08

You don't need Fant with Kelce on your roster.  This deal does not help you nearly as much as it helps him. 

Now granted, I like Fant and think he could be Top 10 this year if the QB play works out.  

In your position I wouldn't give up more.  1.04 & Fant for 1.05 & 1.08 is reasonable as is.  If that guy is taking Pitts at 1.05 if you make this deal why do you think he takes Chase if he doesn't make that deal.  There is a good chance if that guy is a Pitts truther that you can get Chase at 1.05 anyway.  I would hold tight as is.  
It is my brother and I know for a fact he wants Chase but he wants an extra 1st and doesn't believe in Fant so I know he would take Chase if there and Pitts if not, even if Etienne or Williams are there.  He traded for 4 to get Chase but now is rebuilding more so trying to acquire more 1sts.

I am not sure I would give up both 1.05 & 1.08 for Chase & Fant.   So Chase & Fant for Pitts & 1.08? 

He is likely to take Pitts at 1.04 anyway, do Chase will still be there at 1.05 and you still keep the 1.08

You don't need Fant with Kelce on your roster.  This deal does not help you nearly as much as it helps him. 

Now granted, I like Fant and think he could be Top 10 this year if the QB play works out.  
I just really like Chase is the only reason I'm considering it.  I see him as a truly elite talent but after responses, I think I will definitely not offer more than that.

So you're saying this deal could be set in stone between the two of you now, but only conditionally carried out (the condition being that Chase still be available), at the draft, at the time of pick 1.04? I don't know how much I would want a TE, but it sounds like you're getting one either way. Basically downgrading Pitts to Fant and then getting Chase and losing the 1.08. I would personally probably be borderline on doing this trade at all, and probably wouldn't, but definitely wouldn't want to add more to it. (I'll add the disclaimer that I always add, that my league does not have a mandatory TE in the lineup so I don't have a great gauge of their values in 1+ TE leagues.)
Correct.  We would agree to the deal but would only complete it if Chase is there.  We know Harris is going 1 and 3 will be either (Etienne or Williams), just not sure on 2.  I know my bro will go Chase at 4 if he is there, there is no question there.  There is ABSOLUTELY no way he will drop to 5.  I have Kelce so don't need a TE but feel that Pitts is lightyears better than Waddle or Smith so would take him at 5 if the other top 4 are gone.

I just really like Chase is the only reason I'm considering it.  I see him as a truly elite talent but after responses, I think I will definitely not offer more than that.
I agree.  I see Chase as elite talent.  I do believe in Fant but the Denver QB situation is murky to put faith in him. 

OK...  what does it cost to make a counter:  1.05, 1.08 and a 3rd for 1.04 (Chase), Fant & 2nd? 

I agree.  I see Chase as elite talent.  I do believe in Fant but the Denver QB situation is murky to put faith in him. 

OK...  what does it cost to make a counter:  1.05, 1.08 and a 3rd for 1.04 (Chase), Fant & 2nd? 
Would be worth the offer and I may try that.  I would like a 2nd as I don't have one.  He just values Chase highly too so he was wanting me to throw in a 3rd or 4th with 5 & 8 to get it done.  I was thinking about it straight up but didn't really want to add more.  Doubt he does it if he has to put more on it.

Users who are viewing this thread