Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

UNOFFICIAL COVID-19: NOT the mainstream Narrative

4 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

We already do discriminate - your thread is way too late, even if I agreed with you.  I don't agree with you though because you have yet to show a single liberty I had in 2019 that I don't have today. 

It's too late to make the world a better place?  It's never too late for that.

Hmm, just ONE liberty that's been taken?  Ok, I no longer have the liberty to breathe fresh air into my nose and exhale stale air (also known as Carbon Dioxide) out of my mouth while indoors.  That's pretty BIG, wouldn't you say?  My higher power gave me two breathing holes and we know for a FACT that humans need oxygen to breathe and we need to expel Carbon Dioxide, yet my freedom to do that has been taken.  My children are FORCED to cover their breathing holes for 8 hours a day in school.  I'd say that's a pretty LARGE freedom to lose.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

36 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Ithe 22 year old hostess gets to tell me that I MUST cover up my two holes that God gave me to breathe with until I get to my table.  

Wait do both nostrils together count as one hole?  I'm having trouble with the math here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 9

Posted (edited)

How about - should employers, the government or government agencies have the right to require a person be vaccinated as a prerequisite for employment or for businesses to require patrons to be vaccinated to do business with that business (note: any vaccination, not just COVID).  That's a debatable point.

Edited by AAABatteries

1 minute ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Hmm, just ONE liberty that's been taken?  Ok, I no longer have the liberty to breathe fresh air into my nose and exhale stale air (also known as Carbon Dioxide) out of my mouth while indoors.  That's pretty BIG, wouldn't you say?  My higher power gave me two breathing holes and we know for a FACT that humans need oxygen to breathe and we need to expel Carbon Dioxide, yet my freedom to do that has been taken.  My children are FORCED to cover their breathing holes for 8 hours a day in school.  I'd say that's a pretty LARGE freedom to lose.  

Move to Georgia - I haven't worn a mask in 2 weeks.  Also, nobody required you to where a mask in your home  Employers require employees to do all kinds of things all the time.  Like show up for work.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

No offense man but either you are really bad at debate or you are joking with this thread.  Mentioning slavery is as bad as mentioning Hitler for shutting down any semblance of a discussion.  There may be an inkling of a debate in here that would be worthwhile but not how you've framed it and not how you've gone about it.  You came looking for a fight and most people aren't going to agree with you.  And it's not because they are ignorant or have their heads in the sand when it comes to liberty.

I'm not joking. I'm making a point. I think you're the one who doesn't know how to argue.  Slavery was a REAL thing in this country and it WAS legal at one time.  I'm pointing out in a VERY REAL EXAMPLE how flawed your thinking is.  You're argument is that.... we already to this so it's fine.  Well, that's not a very good debate and I easily pointed out your flawed logic.  

I'm not looking for a fight. I think all of you who view me as the 'crazy guy' are looking for the fight.  I'm trying to fight against authoritarianism, discrimination, loss of freedom.... that's the only fight I'm interested in.  There are a bunch of you who are confused about what freedom looks like.  It's not your fault, we've ALL been indoctrinated into this system.  Only knowledge and an open mind will free you.

6 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Home school your kids.  You are the one forcing your kids to go to school. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Are you intentionally being obtuse?  Last I remember, we don't tolerate discrimination in this country except now we do when it comes to personal health choices.  

That's just it... it's not strictly a 'personal health choice.' It has impact to others. It's no different from saying you should be free to smoke in a bar - as if there's no health risk to others. Or arguing a right to take the health risk of driving drunk... as if you're the only one on the road. Your freedom ends where the freedom of others begins. That's not new.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

How about - should employers, the government or government agencies have the right to require a person be vaccinated as a prerequisite for employment or for businesses to require patrons to be vaccinated to do business with that business (note: any vaccination, not just COVID).  That's a debatable point.

NOPE

Just now, Rhythmdoctor said:

I'm not joking. I'm making a point. I think you're the one who doesn't know how to argue.  Slavery was a REAL thing in this country and it WAS legal at one time.  I'm pointing out in a VERY REAL EXAMPLE how flawed your thinking is.  You're argument is that.... we already to this so it's fine.  Well, that's not a very good debate and I easily pointed out your flawed logic.  

I'm not looking for a fight. I think all of you who view me as the 'crazy guy' are looking for the fight.  I'm trying to fight against authoritarianism, discrimination, loss of freedom.... that's the only fight I'm interested in.  There are a bunch of you who are confused about what freedom looks like.  It's not your fault, we've ALL been indoctrinated into this system.  Only knowledge and an open mind will free you.

I'll ask again - what liberty have I lost in the last 15 months?

1 minute ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

NOPE

It's actually one of the greatest freedoms in our country.  Each business has a lot of freedom to run their business how they see fit.

Why do you want their freedoms taken away just because you don't like them?    You have the FREEDOM to not patronize that business.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

One of my favorite bands, the Grateful Dead is now requiring PROOF OF VACCINE if you want to sit in the PIT section (I will not be supporting this band)

You can't just cancel the Grateful Dead they're your favorite 

• Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

NOPE

Yeah - I think this is where most everyone diverges.  I'm fine with them requiring vaccines - people can choose to not join the military or not work for those companies.  I would agree that nobody should come to your house and inject a vaccine in you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

NOPE

If you could get a shot that would end all covid everywhere, so that everything was back to normal, would you get it?

54 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Freedom means being able to take part in all facets of society even if you don't like me.  IF this is your stance, you must also support restaurants who do not allow asians or blacks or indians or....  Because afterall, it's a private business and they can enforce any requirements they want, right?

Pretty sure those are protected classes.

I never heard of Planet Lockdown but it seems Facebook and Youtube have banned it for spreading unfounded claims. Looks like the same guys who made Plandemic which claimed the pandemic was pre-planned. Reminds me of that Loose Change video which said 9/11 was carried out by the US government.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/02/12/planet-lockdown-film-spreading-unfounded-claims-about-covid-19-vaccines-and-coronavirus/

• Thanks 5

39 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Can you really not see the precedent that's being set here?  Are you intentionally being obtuse?  Last I remember, we don't tolerate discrimination in this country except now we do when it comes to personal health choices.  

We discriminate against smokers too.  

30 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

It has been demonstrated ad nauseum that wearing a mask does not lower oxygen density in the blood stream.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Can you really not see the precedent that's being set here?  Are you intentionally being obtuse?  Last I remember, we don't tolerate discrimination in this country except now we do when it comes to personal health choices.  

We absolutely discriminate and will continue to discriminate on personal and involuntary health choices.  There was intense fighting to keep doing exactly that during the ACA introduction.  Even beyond systematic discrimination this sets aside things like smoking in public places, among numerous other examples like that.  Not to mention this continues in lots of states being dead set to discriminate any health  gender based choices.  Discrimination is framed, often by what side of the gate you happen to land.  

1 hour ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

So the letter F is worth a ban?  Why would the post you quoted be worth banning unless you're putting words into my posts?  Do you pretend to know what the F stands for? Because the FACT is that you have no idea what the F means.  You can guess, but then you're only guessing. Are you able to read my mind through the internet?  I only answer to my higher power and I haven't used profanity in years.  The F represented Forget but keep pretending you can read my mind.  It's clear that freedom of speech is NOT a value or right held by @Joe Bryant and I'll guess you never served your country either. So now we have folks who have done NOTHING for this country telling folks like me who HAVE SERVED what I can and cannot say.  'Merica!!

If the letter F represented "forget", why didn't you just type out "forget"? You typed out longer words, even some that started with F like "follow", so it seems weird to only choose to use F for Forget. Particularly strange for someone that hasn't cursed in years to make sure it wasn't confused for the far more common meaning of "F you".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I'd say it's a temporary, minor inconvenience to mitigate the spread of a deadly global pandemic. Potato, potahto. :ph34r:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

There is no 'greater good for all'.  Because each of us is included in 'All'.  So reduced to the least common denominator, doing what you believe is RIGHT for YOU, is serving the greater good for 'all'.

Yeah, hard pass on that philosphy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So you're really an anarchist.

Anarchy - absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

You're in the wrong country because this place has never been about 100% FREEDOM.

3 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Someone needs a lesson about freedom. I'm sorry that your privileged life has brought you to a place that thinks discrimination in ANY form is OK.  It's not. I wasn't born into privilege so maybe that's why my perspective is DIFFERENT.  Different is OK, it's not something to discriminate against.

I see, this thread is only for people who agree with you. I find that makes for the most stimulating and diverse conversations...

Is this thread just a place to A) complain about masks, B) make fun of someone who asked that people not ridicule others, shame others or generally derail the thread?   

I was actually interested to read more about the thought process for folks who reject the COVID narrative.  It's disappointing to see things go south so quickly.

7 hours ago, gianmarco said:

If the letter F represented "forget", why didn't you just type out "forget"? You typed out longer words, even some that started with F like "follow", so it seems weird to only choose to use F for Forget. Particularly strange for someone that hasn't cursed in years to make sure it wasn't confused for the far more common meaning of "F you".

F yeah!

• Laughing 5

9 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Is this thread just a place to A) complain about masks, B) make fun of someone who asked that people not ridicule others, shame others or generally derail the thread?   

I was actually interested to read more about the thought process for folks who reject the COVID narrative.  It's disappointing to see things go south so quickly.

Alex, what do you see as the “COVID narrative”?

16 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

.  There is no 'greater good for all'.  Because each of us is included in 'All'. 

16 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

S So now we have folks who have done NOTHING for this country telling folks like me who HAVE SERVED what I can and cannot say.  'Merica!!

If "there is no greater good for all", what difference does your service make? By your own definition, you were only doing what was best for you. Why should doing what's best for you matter to anyone else or give you special privileges or rights? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

There's another thread for those who believe the official story. This thread is for those who have questions.  So far, all I see are people telling me I'm wrong without even discussing anything from the interviews or about Lockdowns.

Your manner of interacting with people does your cause a disservice. People aren’t going to listen to your argument when you are ranting on and being confrontational. 

13 hours ago, Chris B. said:

So you're really an anarchist.

Anarchy - absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

You're in the wrong country because this place has never been about 100% FREEDOM.

Also odd choice serving in the military to protect the very government that you think is oppressing the people. 

31 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Also odd choice serving in the military to protect the very government that you think is oppressing the people. 

He wasn't in the military to protect the government. There is no "greater good"; the only thing that matters is what's in the individual's best interests.