What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Old Men marrying, dating or just sleeping with women at least one generation younger: 1st up, The Johnsons (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Boris and Carrie

It takes brass balls these days to marry a woman 20+ years younger as an elected leader of a country, I'm shocked he isn't removed from office the next day in 2021. Honestly, I cannot believe women are not marching in protest starting tonight. Is it illegal? It surely IS NOT however it makes folks wonder about many many things. How can this guy weigh in on things with a straight face when he is married to someone young enough to be his daughter? It's not funny anymore is it? Should we be slapping him on the back and saying "Good Job Johnson!" or should we as men be outraged by this abuse of power because we know damn well if Boris was a drunk hanging out in the Pub nightly with no real future in life, we know pretty darn well this woman would have nothing to do with him. 

How long do you turn a blind eye to these things? Is there an age Boris would not go below...if so what hard number did he draw the line at?

And there's a laundry list of others that are going to start and be listed in here...quite honestly MoP isn't all that mad but since cancel culture seems to be reigning supreme I think we should at least keep track of these maniacs running around the countryside still acting like it's the 80s. 

"No soup for you!"

Last edited by a moderator:
What if he was 42 and she was 18?

Same exact age difference but I bet many of you would greet the 42 year old at the front door with a shotgun fully loaded. 

Ministry of Pain said:
quite honestly MoP isn't all that mad 

"No soup for you!"

Runkle said:
Huh?

Three of the women I'm dating are 18-24 years younger than me. Honestly, it's a pretty awesome deal. Seems like a smart guy.
Yeah so we're not that far off but I'm kinda trying to prove a point and we're both doing terrible jobs of making it seem like its normal to date someone 25 yrs younger or half your age. 

eoMMan said:
Meh. Much bigger things to get outraged about.
Men wanting younger women...Lolita Airlines and Epstein's island Fortress I think we got plenty we need to deal with here and I'm simply asking or wondering out loud if this type of behavior is not directly connected to this type of mentality which spills into other places and in the end is all misogynistic, yes/no? 

A lot of men with money and access do some pretty heinous things behind closed door and when people might not be looking, we keep dancing around issues and problems, I think we need to have an honest conversation about some of this. 

Sounds like age discrimination. Who cares if two people are in love what their ages are?

When I was 34 I had a girlfriend for about 6 months who was 22. She insisted I go to her parents house for Xmas dinner. I thought her dad was gonna leap across the table and strangle me. Oh well, the sex was pretty good and she kept me up to date on the cool current stuff that I would have never heard about.

Someone has established adulthood for a young lady at 21, is that fair?
21 is morally a lot better than 18.  25 is when most brains are said to be fully mature.

I think Boris and Carrie look like a fair pair.  Wealthy and powerful people should be allowed to purchase prizes.  Carrie is a modestly attractive young woman and Boris is paying the ultimate price.  When I see someone like Bezos abandoning his family for a plastic 50 y/o, it makes me sick how unjust the world is.  He has billions upon billions of dollars, and for what?  He can't even enjoy the naturally attractive 25-35 year olds that he deserves because it's neither legal nor socially accepted now that Epstein ruined it for everyone.

Ministry of Pain said:
Boris and Carrie

It takes brass balls these days to marry a woman 20+ years younger as an elected leader of a country, I'm shocked he isn't removed from office the next day in 2021. Honestly, I cannot believe women are not marching in protest starting tonight. Is it illegal? It surely IS NOT however it makes folks wonder about many many things. How can this guy weigh in on things with a straight face when he is married to someone young enough to be his daughter? It's not funny anymore is it? Should we be slapping him on the back and saying "Good Job Johnson!" or should we as men be outraged by this abuse of power because we know damn well if Boris was a drunk hanging out in the Pub nightly with no real future in life, we know pretty darn well this woman would have nothing to do with him. 

How long do you turn a blind eye to these things? Is there an age Boris would not go below...if so what hard number did he draw the line at?

And there's a laundry list of others that are going to start and be listed in here...quite honestly MoP isn't all that mad but since cancel culture seems to be reigning supreme I think we should at least keep track of these maniacs running around the countryside still acting like it's the 80s. 

"No soup for you!"
Honestly,you going 3rd person is more annoying than Boris' love life.

Runkle said:
Huh?

Three of the women I'm dating are 18-24 years younger than me. Honestly, it's a pretty awesome deal. Seems like a smart guy.
Explain this to me. When I’m in my 40s snd speak to a girl who is 20, she sounds mentally disabled or at best like a kid who has her act together. I can’t fathom having a legitimate connection.  And if you’re talking like 60 to 40, well hell, I ain’t even 50 yet, but I can’t imagine dating even being slightly interesting to me at 60+.  When I was 30 and single, I could definitely date a 20 or 25yo, no problem—we were in the same ballpark. And I married 8 years down. But 24 years younger?  I just don’t get it. 

So seriously, what’s the deal here?

Explain this to me. When I’m in my 40s snd speak to a girl who is 20, she sounds mentally disabled or at best like a kid who has her act together. I can’t fathom having a legitimate connection.  And if you’re talking like 60 to 40, well hell, I ain’t even 50 yet, but I can’t imagine dating even being slightly interesting to me at 60+.  When I was 30 and single, I could definitely date a 20 or 25yo, no problem—we were in the same ballpark. And I married 8 years down. But 24 years younger?  I just don’t get it. 

Ain't looking to get married, but, there are plenty of women in their mid 20s who have a good head on their shoulders and have successful careers and want to hang out with more mature men than the idiots their age. You think talking to a girl in her 20s is bad, try talking to some frat bro right out of college. Those guys annoy these women way more than younger girls annoy you, trust me. 

Ministry of Pain said:

Same exact age difference but I bet many of you would greet the 42 year old at the front door with a shotgun fully loaded. 
Age difference matters much less the older that the younger person is. 

My wife is 7.5 years younger than me. She was 15 when I was a senior in college. If we dated then it would have been gross. We met when she was 27 and I was 35. Nothing gross about that. 

The Trophy 

A lot of men with money and access do some pretty heinous things behind closed door and when people might not be looking, we keep dancing around issues and problems, I think we need to have an honest conversation about some of this. 
This is a fair statement, but the example you are using to explore this topic is a poor one imo.

If a single mom rolling into her mid-30's is raising YOUR child wants to marry you and you oblige..... my "pretty-heinous-things-detector" falls pretty quiet on this one old buddy.

FWIW, I thought they both could do better. That's the more interesting thread.

If they're adults, they're old enough. That's my cut off. Thanks. I'll be here all the week, every week, in my room.

I think more of the shame should be put on the females who are willing to date really old men.  If I hooked up with a really large girl back in the day, I would never hear the end of it from my friends.  It's not the same if the person ugly/old person is rich.  

If a beautiful young girl wants to choose to be with an ugly, rich, old man that's her choice.  I'm more concerned about the beautiful young women who do not want to be with the old men, but are forced to due to cultural norms like arranged marriages.  It's estimated half the marriages in the world are still arranged.  Imagine being a 13 yo girl who's parents force you to marry a 60yo guy because he gave your parents a cow.

Not seeing the issue here and haven't heard anyone mention something like this as being offensive or gross (beyond Boris himself). This isn't like Jerry Lee Lewis marrying his 14 year old cousin or Jerry Seinfeld dating a HS student. 

If this how these two people want to live their lives, what do I care?

(Personally, I think it's good for society to maintain a norm of monogamous lifetime marriage.  I don't personally respect men who live this way, but it's none of my business and my disapproval should be a matter of complete indifference to them).

So MOP, this would be an "Avoid" if I get you correctly? (Hard to tell without the red or green font). 

On the topic, I do hear you and I don't know where the creepy cutoff is and when for the ages of involved parties in general, but in this specific case the woman is 33 so it's obviously beyond that point (to me at least). Good for them.

What if he was 32 and she was 8? ZOMGGGG!!!

What if he was a Man and she was a Goat?! 

This is either Jealousy or Pure silliness. They're grown ### men and woman. Stop shaking your fist at clouds and mind your own business, old man. 

What if he was 32 and she was 8? ZOMGGGG!!!

What if he was a Man and she was a Goat?! 

This is either Jealousy or Pure silliness. They're grown ### men and woman. Stop shaking your fist at clouds and mind your own business, old man. 
Kind of feels like this thread actually should be in the politics forum. Seems more of a political agenda than anything.

In North America, I think so.  Even a 25 YO dating a minor is a big age difference when it comes to life experiences, unless neither drink.
Can you elaborate on the bolded? Are you suggesting non-drinking men are better equipped to relate to/date younger women? Does drinking make people more mature?

I thought the rule was age/2 + 7?

ETA I see it’s been covered. IMO, the generation gap is pretty hard to overcome, but if both parties are OK with it, who cares?

Is anyone really offended/surprised by the stereotypical tendency for men to value youth and women financial security in their partners?

Users who are viewing this thread