What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo (1 Viewer)

How are you feeling??  How's your family handling it?  How long did it take you to realize you don't have to floss every day anymore?  
Most of the time I feel well.  This all started last October with a tumor in my neck so I've had it for some time.  There are days when I don't have any energy in the afternoon and need to sleep.  It's strange because I've always been able to bring it.

My wife and kids keep boucingin between anger and denial.  The rest is  destroyed.  I hate that I'm doing this to them.

the rare cancer that affects your ability to form rational sentences?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My youngest had a double header yesterday and was quite wasted.  I didn't want to start this thread but at the same time felt I had to.  For those of you that are FB friends with my you know I didn't, and won't, post anything there. I don't want or need the sympathy.  Really don't want a LAM thread but I from the bottom of my heart love so many of you.  You probably deserved a phone call.  I'm lucky I already had so many people to call and it's horrible to have to relive it over and over.

You got this SLB. 

What kind of cancer is it?  Like, balls, blood, lungs, pitching arm?  You got this either way. 
Here where it get crazy, they don't know.  Multiple pathology departments across the nation have been looking at it.  Slides had been sent for gene testing.  I signed a release so I could be studied by the medical community at large.  :mellow:  

It's like, crazy. :lmao:

Here where it get crazy, they don't know.  Multiple pathology departments across the nation have been looking at it.  Slides had been sent for gene testing.  I signed a release so I could be studied by the medical community at large.  :mellow:  

It's like, crazy. :lmao:
Always sensed you were one of a kind.

Now you're one of a kind that's going to beat this whatever-it's-called.

Been thinking about this non stop 

Selfishly I have missed you in gmtan and around the board, even when you checked in once in a while but I get it now.  

But I also want you to know that gmtan sucks without you. You were the life blood for years.  And one of my very favorite people.  Hot wife, funny and smart is like my ideal friend. Your dad experiences helped me a ton too.  I think about you a lot when I'm figuring #### out with my own kid.  Seriously, you seem to just get it. 

Dude I love you so much I'm sorry you are dealing with this. But also I just missed you recently and am almost as happy to see you posting as I am saddened to understand what you are going through.  

Love you gb.  Known you for over two decades and hope to know you for decades longer.  I know it sucks right now and it's scary but I fully believe that you more than almost anyone I know are suited to fighting this because... and I hate to admit this here... but your confidence is downright sexy.  I'm so glad you are ugly so I don't have to question things like I do every time I watch a Mel Gibson movie.

No matter how things are going please keep us posted because some of us very much want to know. 
Thanks for making me cry you jerkwad.

We've iKnown each other for many years and what you wrote here, it's why I had to start this.  I love you.

F Cancer...kick it's ### GB.

Allow things to be about you. In doing so, you help people help you. win/win

Wishing you nothing but strength.

Bob - crap man, wondered what was going on with you not dropping in much.  That great approach and positive attitude will go a long way to beat it.  

What is the cancer affecting - is it a blood thing, if they don't know what it is, it ... 

doesn't sound like it's this ...

don't keep us in the dark - everyone around here cares a lot about you ...even those of us that haven't met you in person.

how are the wife and kids dealing with it?

remain strong man.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My youngest had a double header yesterday and was quite wasted.  I didn't want to start this thread but at the same time felt I had to.  For those of you that are FB friends with my you know I didn't, and won't, post anything there. I don't want or need the sympathy.  Really don't want a LAM thread but I from the bottom of my heart love so many of you.  You probably deserved a phone call.  I'm lucky I already had so many people to call and it's horrible to have to relive it over and over.
go fund me

we've never been board buds, but i wish you grace, strength, relief from stress & dread, i wish you well. there are those who are boardmonsters because they are loud or witty or wise or obsessive or whatever but, every time i've encountered you and the response of others to you over the years, i've admired the humanity in your dealings with others and the humor and humility you find within it. bless you, Bob, and best wishes for the days ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here where it get crazy, they don't know.  Multiple pathology departments across the nation have been looking at it.  Slides had been sent for gene testing.  I signed a release so I could be studied by the medical community at large. 
That's my favorite part of any doctor visit-  the part where they call everyone over and tell them to look at this.  You probably won't see this again.

I have cancer. So rare they don't even know what they are dealing with. Considerng NFT the name and auctioning off. Pretty crazy. I've known for  some time and just  didn't know  what to do here. Have been @Otisattention whore? Yes. Like my GB the stage is never bigger enough.

I haven't spent a second pissed off. Hey #### YOU,YOU KNOW WHO I AM.....i got things to do..........You wanna fight? Come on ####er,I haven't been killed yet.

You folks, shoot, you made me better than I could have imagined I could be, You did that.. I love you so much.
There's not a lot that needs to be said between us. You know what I've been through, and you are a major reason I'm still here. I love you, Robert.

Bob - crap man, wondered what was going on with you not dropping in much.  That great approach and positive attitude will go a long way to beat it.  

What is the cancer affecting - is it a blood thing, if they don't know what it is, it ... 

doesn't sound like it's this ...

don't keep us in the dark - everyone around here cares a lot about you ...even those of us that haven't met you in person.

how are the wife and kids dealing with it?

remain strong man.
They removed a neuroendecrine tumor on the left side of my neck.  It has effected my eye on the same time.  They know it's malignant but don't know what exactly it is which has prevented treatment.  I'm getting a dotatate scan on Tuesday and seeing yet another surgeon.  On Wednesday I'm having a port put in so they can start chemo, if needed, immediately.

Thank you for the kind words my brother.

we've never never been board buds, but i wish you grace, strength, relief from stress & dread, i wish you well. there are those who are boardmonsters because they are loud or witty or wise or obsessive or whatever but, every time i've encountered you and the response of others to you over the years, i've admired the humanity in your dealings with others and the humor and humility you find within it. bless you, Bob and best wishes for the days ahead.
Thank you so much and my best to you as well.  I understand you have your own fight on your hands.  Thank you for understanding who I want, and try, to be.  I've been told my whole life to take things more seriously but it's just not fun that way.

Love you man, thank you again.

They removed a neuroendecrine tumor on the left side of my neck.  It has effected my eye on the same time.  They know it's malignant but don't know what exactly it is which has prevented treatment.  I'm getting a dotatate scan on Tuesday and seeing yet another surgeon.  On Wednesday I'm having a port put in so they can start chemo, if needed, immediately.

Thank you for the kind words my brother.
Your welcome bob - let us know about the scan ...clearly those results are a big deal.  

sending positive vibes

I have cancer. So rare they don't even know what they are dealing with. Considerng NFT the name and auctioning off. Pretty crazy. I've known for  some time and just  didn't know  what to do here. Have been @Otisattention whore? Yes. Like my GB the stage is never bigger enough.

I haven't spent a second pissed off. Hey #### YOU,YOU KNOW WHO I AM.....i got things to do..........You wanna fight? Come on ####er,I haven't been killed yet.

You folks, shoot, you made me better than I could have imagined I could be, You did that.. I love you so much.
Aw Man. If there's anyone who can kick this thing, my money is on you GB.

Will be praying for you and you do your part and fight like hell. We're all pulling for you.

Much love for you.

Typed and erased a post in this thread several times already. Will simply say so much love for you, GB. No doubt you will fight this like the tough SOB you are.

:lmao: I hear you on the bolded.  Thanks brother, I appreciate it!
Dude. I might be 3 orange crushes in and all up in my feels but let me not understate this- you are part of my life! I rarely respond and I miss a lot of your posts but just as this board is a HUGE part of my life, you are a HUGE part of this board. I have read so many of your posts over the years that I feel like I know you. I always feel better when reading your stuff. You are a constant in my life. (MANY of you are!) 

I have alway perceived you to just having fun and positivity. You have a great vibe and it’s everything that’s unfamiliar to my upbringing. It keeps me striving to let my guard down and be happy. 

i think what I’m trying to say is I want to have your baby and kick cancers ###!

I think the first interaction I had with you on this board is when I joined forces with Sonny (SLBD) to help locate your sister in Kauai. That was many years ago. I wish I could help you now.  If I had some special wellness dust, I'd dump it all over you. I can shower you with my thoughts and prayers, well wishes, positive energy, and love. Thanks for letting us in, SLB. Kickass. 👊

I think the first interaction I had with you on this board is when I joined forces with Sonny (SLBD) to help locate your sister in Kauai. That was many years ago. I wish I could help you now.  If I had some special wellness dust, I'd dump it all over you. I can shower you with my thoughts and prayers, well wishes, positive energy, and love. Thanks for letting us in, SLB. Kickass. 👊
That's something I will forever be grateful for.  Got little sister back even it were for a short time.  It was great to see her again.  Mrs. SLB & myself were lucky enough to thank him in person.  What a great dude.  Hopefully we'll be able to go back.

Thank you for the well wishes too.  I'll take them GB.  Yours and everyone else that posted, it means a lot to me. 

I hope all is well in your world!

Dude. I might be 3 orange crushes in and all up in my feels but let me not understate this- you are part of my life! I rarely respond and I miss a lot of your posts but just as this board is a HUGE part of my life, you are a HUGE part of this board. I have read so many of your posts over the years that I feel like I know you. I always feel better when reading your stuff. You are a constant in my life. (MANY of you are!) 

I have alway perceived you to just having fun and positivity. You have a great vibe and it’s everything that’s unfamiliar to my upbringing. It keeps me striving to let my guard down and be happy. 

i think what I’m trying to say is I want to have your baby and kick cancers ###!
I'm absolutely speechless.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread