What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo (2 Viewers)

I burned incense many moons ago until I realized I was allergic to it, and it made my sinus problems way worse. I have some friends that burn essential oils all the time, and when I visit them I always have to blow out all the candles when I get there. 
Yeah, but how's the tantric?

i was at dinner tonight, and this guy showed up.  had to get a pic with him!  dude had to be at least 6'7"  that's a lot of cat shirt.

thinking of ya @St. Louis Bob
Don't know if I posted lately but by youngest son turned 14 in March and is quickly approaching a legit 6'4.  That's how it looks when I stand next to him.

I didn't know you looked awesome. Sweet action.  We need to party at some point I figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update copied and pasted that I just sent to a list of people that need to know.  Please know that "all of you", is indeed, all of you too.  I just can't say enough how lucky I am to have found this place and all of you.  Thank you again.

SLB

We had an appointment with the surgeon, Dr. Jackson, on Wednesday to make sure things are healing correctly.  They are, so that’s good news!  However, there was the same metastatic cancer in 3/16 nodes he removed.  There are hundreds of nodes in our neck so that will need to be addressed.  He estimates that there’s another 2-4 weeks until there is further treatment as I need to be 100%.  My team still isn’t sure what that will entail as the type of cancer is still a mystery.  There are many more appointments lined up in the coming weeks, so I’ll have a clearer picture then.    For now, I’m told to keep taking my pain meds, resting and take things easy.   Dr. J even offered that it won’t be long until I can do “some 12 ounce curls”.  This guy has done his homework! Lol 😊

My loving RN and wife of almost 26 years now, has been taking good care of me when she isn’t attending to others.   In her absence our two wonderful teenage sons have been cooking, cleaning, and doing everything that needs to be done.  Then there’s the pup who doesn’t let me out of his sight and now sleeps right next to me in bed which was previously an honor reserved only for his adopted mother.

Just as important as my wife and kids are all of you.   I thought I understood love.  That people cared for me.  The outpouring of emotion and support quite literally brings tears of joy to my eyes.  My gosh am I lucky.  Love you all and thank you again for everything!

Have a fun and safe Independence Day weekend!

No sweat. Serious about the beard line. Figured I might draw attention away from the thing that's bleeding to something more positive. Your line is better than mine is right now, anyway.

Peace, man. Every night for the TPW.
Why thank you!

I heard about this place probably 10+ years ago and the website design confirms that.  I bought some regular razors during the pandemic for the first time since and they suckkkkkkk compared to these.  I would say they last at least 4 times as long and it's a great cut the entire time.  Keep in mind I do my head every other day too.

One of the stupid things that give me pleasure that I know most people shake their heads at. :lmao:

I appreciate the continued TPW.  I really do.  Hope you are well my brother.

I burned incense many moons ago until I realized I was allergic to it, and it made my sinus problems way worse. I have some friends that burn essential oils all the time, and when I visit them I always have to blow out all the candles when I get there. 
I'm like that with those Glade plug in things.   We went a couple of months at one time where I was throwing them away and next thing I knew there was another one in a different part of the house.  I thought it was strange that I wouldn't smell that one too but whatever.  :swish:

Turns out Mrs. SLB kept buying more not realizing I was throwing them away.  We should really talk more. :lmao:

I found out my schedule on Saturday for the next few months.  I’m going to start radiation treatment on 8.2 and will receive it 5 days a week for 8 weeks.  I am also going to have a chemo session on 8.2 and will receive another every third week.   The doctors confirmed this is a new cancer so the medicine may vary but this is the plan for now.

There you have it!  Pretty anti-climactic but that’s good!  It has been an interesting, wild ride and Mr. Toad has got nothing on me!😊

From the bottom of my heart, thank you again for the love and support.   As I stated in previous correspondence, I’m so lucky! 

I found out my schedule on Saturday for the next few months.  I’m going to start radiation treatment on 8.2 and will receive it 5 days a week for 8 weeks.  I am also going to have a chemo session on 8.2 and will receive another every third week.   The doctors confirmed this is a new cancer so the medicine may vary but this is the plan for now.

There you have it!  Pretty anti-climactic but that’s good!  It has been an interesting, wild ride and Mr. Toad has got nothing on me!😊

From the bottom of my heart, thank you again for the love and support.   As I stated in previous correspondence, I’m so lucky! 
Aye aye aye.  You have a lot more gratitude than I would have in your shoes.  Best wishes to you, SLB.  

St. Louis Bob said:

New cancer?  Do you get to name it? 

Kick, its, ### SLB.

I asked if I got to name it but Siteman patholgy called dibs. <_<

One thing I didn't include is that the structure of this cancer should have it everywhere in my body if it were like other known cancers.  It isn't though.  It's isolated to my neck.  That's damn lucky right there.
did you ask about a neck transplant?  i’d like to know the doctor’s reaction.

I asked if I got to name it but Siteman patholgy called dibs. <_<

One thing I didn't include is that the structure of this cancer should have it everywhere in my body if it were like other known cancers.  It isn't though.  It's isolated to my neck.  That's damn lucky right there.

There has to be a threat or some sort of leverage you can use to get naming rights?

Like when a criminal takes some info to the cops and wants a deal and they refuse and he says "Fine, I am sure the Feds would love to get their hands on this info."

BTW, I am joking... Kind of. 

There has to be a threat or some sort of leverage you can use to get naming rights?

Like when a criminal takes some info to the cops and wants a deal and they refuse and he says "Fine, I am sure the Feds would love to get their hands on this info."

BTW, I am joking... Kind of. 
:D   Nah, there's a lot of things I wouldn't mind being named after, this isn't one of them GB.

SLB,

Still keeping you in thoughts and prayers. You can do this. The moments might get hard, but remember the light at the end of all the darkness. Stay as healthy as you can, as positive as you can. God bless you, Bob.

Super rare doesn't always mean the worst possible variant.  My brother had some super rare eye condition, to the point where they kept him in the chair for four hours so every eye doc at Tulane (like 40 people) could see it once in their lives.  It also turned out to be the most treatable type of this condition.

Really, really hoping that's the case here.  

Still hanging in there but drained and nauseous all the dang time.  The meds they gave me help some but not much.  The best treatment is some of Dr. Malaise's Miracle Mystery Bars!  Give me an appetite, removes the nausea and helps me sleep.  God, here I didn't think I could love our GB anymore!

I had my 5th radiation treatment this week, this morning. Not to mention the chemo M-W.  That was 14 separate appointments in all.  Probably why I’m drained! 😊

My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in March 2020.  She just turned 71 this week, not a smoker.   Had half her lung removed right around that time.  We found out Wednesday that my Mom’s cancer has now spread, and she needs to get in herself for more tests.  That’s not exactly helping things either. Worried as can be about her and Dad.  :(

I was told that my beard hair will start to fall out next week (lousy, dirty, rotten 😊 ) and the pain from the radiation is probably going to intensify and it’s likely I’ll get sores in my mouth.   I’ve also noticed I’m already starting to lose my hearing in my left ear.  Of course Mrs. SLB says I’ve been hard of hearing for years! 😊

One week down, seven weeks to go!

Thank you all again for everything!  Still fighting with all my might!

Super rare doesn't always mean the worst possible variant.  My brother had some super rare eye condition, to the point where they kept him in the chair for four hours so every eye doc at Tulane (like 40 people) could see it once in their lives.  It also turned out to be the most treatable type of this condition.

Really, really hoping that's the case here.  

Not super rare as much as NEVER documented before.   I mentioned a few pages back but I grew up and played in a creek full of nuclear waster.  There's a documentary called Atomic Homefront out there.  Our house backed right up to it.  An incredible amount of friends of mine from the hood have had cancer in there 30's-40's.  It's messed up, man.

Glad to hear things worked out for your brother GB!

I mentioned a few pages back but I grew up and played in a creek full of nuclear waster.  There's a documentary called Atomic Homefront out there.  Our house backed right up to it.  An incredible amount of friends of mine from the hood have had cancer in there 30's-40's.  It's messed up, man.
This documentary really pissed me off.  When the map of cancer clusters went up, I immediately pointed out the appendix cancer cluster.  I'd never heard o fone of those.

But the uranium sure did look pretty at night.

Still hanging in there but drained and nauseous all the dang time.  The meds they gave me help some but not much.  The best treatment is some of Dr. Malaise's Miracle Mystery Bars!  Give me an appetite, removes the nausea and helps me sleep.  God, here I didn't think I could love our GB anymore!

I had my 5th radiation treatment this week, this morning. Not to mention the chemo M-W.  That was 14 separate appointments in all.  Probably why I’m drained! 😊

My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in March 2020.  She just turned 71 this week, not a smoker.   Had half her lung removed right around that time.  We found out Wednesday that my Mom’s cancer has now spread, and she needs to get in herself for more tests.  That’s not exactly helping things either. Worried as can be about her and Dad.  :(

I was told that my beard hair will start to fall out next week (lousy, dirty, rotten 😊 ) and the pain from the radiation is probably going to intensify and it’s likely I’ll get sores in my mouth.   I’ve also noticed I’m already starting to lose my hearing in my left ear.  Of course Mrs. SLB says I’ve been hard of hearing for years! 😊

One week down, seven weeks to go!

Thank you all again for everything!  Still fighting with all my might!

Hang in there man, the only way out is through! Best wishes for your Mom too!

Look at me, I don't have to shave anymore and my wife thinks I can't hear her when she asks me to do things so she just brings me another pot brownie and does it herself 

bostonfred said:
Look at me, I don't have to shave anymore and my wife thinks I can't hear her when she asks me to do things so she just brings me another pot brownie and does it herself 
We should all be so lucky.

My backyard neighbor is vaccinated, but tested positive for Covid, so he's been quarantining in the garage for the past week and a half.  His wife texted last night "I never imagined getting Covid would be a win for anyone, but he has zero symptoms, a couch, big screen TV, beer fridge, meals dropped at his door, and no kid duty for the past week and a half"

We should all be so lucky.

My backyard neighbor is vaccinated, but tested positive for Covid, so he's been quarantining in the garage for the past week and a half.  His wife texted last night "I never imagined getting Covid would be a win for anyone, but he has zero symptoms, a couch, big screen TV, beer fridge, meals dropped at his door, and no kid duty for the past week and a half"
He even had the Olympics to watch.  Score!

Didn't mean to be inconsiderate @St. Louis Bob.  Definitely pulling for you here.  For whatever reason I've had more family friends and relatives diagnosed with cancer over the last 18 months than any other point in my life, so this thread hits home.  I've always tried to make light of the side effects like losing hair and focus on the potential long term positives, but It's typically not received all that well by them as they feel they are losing a part of their identity.  

Users who are viewing this thread