Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Did my first one of the year. Hated my draft, but who knows. 

From the 12. 

Qb - Allen (5) Watson (17)

Rb - Akers (1) Mixon (2) Mattison (9) Jamal Williams (10) Hubbard (12) Coleman (14)

Wr - Robinson (3) Claypool (6) Jeudy (7) Boyd (8) Ruggs (13) Reynolds (16) Edwards (19)

Te - Hockenson (4) Kmet (11) Hurst (16)

Kicker - Lutz (20)

Def - 49ers (15)

Love the qbs and even if Watson doesn't play it is my 17th rounder and there will be guys on the waiver. 

Like my first 2 backs at my draft position. After that I took back ups that could see time behind guys that have missed time or might not be bellcows.  In hindsight I wish I skipped Allen at the end of the 5th for Chase Edmonds and could have gotten Conner in 12. Will have to be ready to pounce on this years James Robinson

After Robinson my wrs could be great or bad. Hopefully Boyd is steady and one other guy pops. 

Like Hockenson a lot this year especially if the Lions are as bad as we think and Goff opts for a lot of dump offs. Hurst could be good value if Pitts takes time to be the guy or the Falcons run 2 te sets. 

• 2 weeks later...

2nd one tonight from the 5. 

Qb - Wilson (8), Watson (15)

Rb - Kamara (1), Gibson(2), Swift (3), Gaskin (5)

Wr - D.J. Moore (4), Claypool (6), Gallup (10), Marvin Jones (11), Hardman (12), Kirk (18), Meyers (19)

Te - Higbee (7), Engram (9), Jarwin (13)

K - Sanders (20)

Def - 49ers (16), Browns (17)

Really liked getting Wilson in the 8th and I will continue to take Watson late until we know his status. 

Loved the rb start. Got sniped on all my handcuffs by a pick or 2. Also missed Mostert in the 7th by 3 picks. 

My wrs are serviceable, after Moore I went for high upside on good offenses or bad teams that should have to pass a lot. 

I loved Higbee last year and was disappointed. I am hoping a new qb and Everett going away will help. I usually only draft 2 tes, but none of them are sure things. 

I am surprised and bummed that there isn't more posts in the thread. I will post my 3rd draft after I do it and if there still isn't interest then I will delete the thread. 

Thanks for starting the Thread! Please don't delete it. Many folks, myself included, may be drafting later than usual this Season due to the residual effects of C19 on the flow of info available at this point in time.

I like your second Team much more than your 1st. I like your RB start as well (3 in 1st 3 Rounds), just maybe not Gibson and Swift, but I'd have to see the alternatives available when you chose them. Getting Swift at 3.05 (#29 overall) seems like value no matter where I personally might have him ranked. Same with Gaskin in the 5th...but would I like to enter Rd 6 with 4RB and 1WR of 'my guys'? Absolutely. Think you'll be pleased with JWilliams in 10th. Again, in a vacuum, it's hard to critically evaluate your Team2 WR's, but I do think your theory is sound. Noticed you took Claypool in the 6th in both Drafts. I'm not a Claypool guy for 2021, so again, I'd like to see what else was available there. Hock at 4.12 is a little rich for my blood, but I like him, and I'm guessing nothing nearly as attractive made it's way back to you at the 5/6 turn. That's the blessing/curse of the turn. I think you'll do well by Higbee, and getting Russ in the 8th looks good on paper. If you're right about 'your guys', I think you have a Team worth being optimistic about, and I think we'd make for excellent wingmen at a pick up joint, because from the looks of things, we wouldn't be stepping on each other's toes! Good luck!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, nittanylion said:

Thanks for starting the Thread! Please don't delete it. Many folks, myself included, may be drafting later than usual this Season due to the residual effects of C19 on the flow of info available at this point in time.

I like your second Team much more than your 1st. I like your RB start as well (3 in 1st 3 Rounds), just maybe not Gibson and Swift, but I'd have to see the alternatives available when you chose them. Getting Swift at 3.05 (#29 overall) seems like value no matter where I personally might have him ranked. Same with Gaskin in the 5th...but would I like to enter Rd 6 with 4RB and 1WR of 'my guys'? Absolutely. Think you'll be pleased with JWilliams in 10th. Again, in a vacuum, it's hard to critically evaluate your Team2 WR's, but I do think your theory is sound. Noticed you took Claypool in the 6th in both Drafts. I'm not a Claypool guy for 2021, so again, I'd like to see what else was available there. Hock at 4.12 is a little rich for my blood, but I like him, and I'm guessing nothing nearly as attractive made it's way back to you at the 5/6 turn. That's the blessing/curse of the turn. I think you'll do well by Higbee, and getting Russ in the 8th looks good on paper. If you're right about 'your guys', I think you have a Team worth being optimistic about, and I think we'd make for excellent wingmen at a pick up joint, because from the looks of things, we wouldn't be stepping on each other's toes! Good luck!

Thanks. 

For my 2nd team Mixon and Chubb went the 2 picks before I picked Gibson and I was a little upset. CEH and Dobbins went the 2 picks right after me. I had yet to see Gibson get out of round 2. So I felt better about Gibson and whoever fell to me in the 3rd, which was Swift. Sanders went shortly after Swift. 

I really like Claypool this year. I think the Steelers are going to have a difficult time running behind that line. 

• Like 1