What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 - How did I do? (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Did my first one of the year. Hated my draft, but who knows. 

From the 12. 

Qb - Allen (5) Watson (17)

Rb - Akers (1) Mixon (2) Mattison (9) Jamal Williams (10) Hubbard (12) Coleman (14)

Wr - Robinson (3) Claypool (6) Jeudy (7) Boyd (8) Ruggs (13) Reynolds (16) Edwards (19)

Te - Hockenson (4) Kmet (11) Hurst (16)

Kicker - Lutz (20)

Def - 49ers (15)

Love the qbs and even if Watson doesn't play it is my 17th rounder and there will be guys on the waiver. 

Like my first 2 backs at my draft position. After that I took back ups that could see time behind guys that have missed time or might not be bellcows.  In hindsight I wish I skipped Allen at the end of the 5th for Chase Edmonds and could have gotten Conner in 12. Will have to be ready to pounce on this years James Robinson

After Robinson my wrs could be great or bad. Hopefully Boyd is steady and one other guy pops. 

Like Hockenson a lot this year especially if the Lions are as bad as we think and Goff opts for a lot of dump offs. Hurst could be good value if Pitts takes time to be the guy or the Falcons run 2 te sets. 

2nd one tonight from the 5. 

Qb - Wilson (8), Watson (15)

Rb - Kamara (1), Gibson(2), Swift (3), Gaskin (5)

Wr - D.J. Moore (4), Claypool (6), Gallup (10), Marvin Jones (11), Hardman (12), Kirk (18), Meyers (19)

Te - Higbee (7), Engram (9), Jarwin (13)

K - Sanders (20)

Def - 49ers (16), Browns (17)

Really liked getting Wilson in the 8th and I will continue to take Watson late until we know his status. 

Loved the rb start. Got sniped on all my handcuffs by a pick or 2. Also missed Mostert in the 7th by 3 picks. 

My wrs are serviceable, after Moore I went for high upside on good offenses or bad teams that should have to pass a lot. 

I loved Higbee last year and was disappointed. I am hoping a new qb and Everett going away will help. I usually only draft 2 tes, but none of them are sure things. 

I am surprised and bummed that there isn't more posts in the thread. I will post my 3rd draft after I do it and if there still isn't interest then I will delete the thread. 

Thanks for starting the Thread! Please don't delete it. Many folks, myself included, may be drafting later than usual this Season due to the residual effects of C19 on the flow of info available at this point in time.

I like your second Team much more than your 1st. I like your RB start as well (3 in 1st 3 Rounds), just maybe not Gibson and Swift, but I'd have to see the alternatives available when you chose them. Getting Swift at 3.05 (#29 overall) seems like value no matter where I personally might have him ranked. Same with Gaskin in the 5th...but would I like to enter Rd 6 with 4RB and 1WR of 'my guys'? Absolutely. Think you'll be pleased with JWilliams in 10th. Again, in a vacuum, it's hard to critically evaluate your Team2 WR's, but I do think your theory is sound. Noticed you took Claypool in the 6th in both Drafts. I'm not a Claypool guy for 2021, so again, I'd like to see what else was available there. Hock at 4.12 is a little rich for my blood, but I like him, and I'm guessing nothing nearly as attractive made it's way back to you at the 5/6 turn. That's the blessing/curse of the turn. I think you'll do well by Higbee, and getting Russ in the 8th looks good on paper. If you're right about 'your guys', I think you have a Team worth being optimistic about, and I think we'd make for excellent wingmen at a pick up joint, because from the looks of things, we wouldn't be stepping on each other's toes! Good luck!

nittanylion said:
Thanks for starting the Thread! Please don't delete it. Many folks, myself included, may be drafting later than usual this Season due to the residual effects of C19 on the flow of info available at this point in time.

I like your second Team much more than your 1st. I like your RB start as well (3 in 1st 3 Rounds), just maybe not Gibson and Swift, but I'd have to see the alternatives available when you chose them. Getting Swift at 3.05 (#29 overall) seems like value no matter where I personally might have him ranked. Same with Gaskin in the 5th...but would I like to enter Rd 6 with 4RB and 1WR of 'my guys'? Absolutely. Think you'll be pleased with JWilliams in 10th. Again, in a vacuum, it's hard to critically evaluate your Team2 WR's, but I do think your theory is sound. Noticed you took Claypool in the 6th in both Drafts. I'm not a Claypool guy for 2021, so again, I'd like to see what else was available there. Hock at 4.12 is a little rich for my blood, but I like him, and I'm guessing nothing nearly as attractive made it's way back to you at the 5/6 turn. That's the blessing/curse of the turn. I think you'll do well by Higbee, and getting Russ in the 8th looks good on paper. If you're right about 'your guys', I think you have a Team worth being optimistic about, and I think we'd make for excellent wingmen at a pick up joint, because from the looks of things, we wouldn't be stepping on each other's toes! Good luck!
Thanks. 

For my 2nd team Mixon and Chubb went the 2 picks before I picked Gibson and I was a little upset. CEH and Dobbins went the 2 picks right after me. I had yet to see Gibson get out of round 2. So I felt better about Gibson and whoever fell to me in the 3rd, which was Swift. Sanders went shortly after Swift. 

I really like Claypool this year. I think the Steelers are going to have a difficult time running behind that line. 

Here is one that I liked.

stafford, Watson, wilson

mccafrey, jacobs, Montgomery, R Stevenson, d Williams, s perine

Hopkins, m thomas, aiyuk, c Samuel, r Moore, t smith

fant, I smith, e engram

washington, butker 

overall I really liked how the draft fell.

My 3rd one from the 12

Qb - Brady (10), Watson (16)

Rb - Akers (1), Montgomery (4), Davis (5), Gaskin (6)

Wr - Diggs (2), Sutton (7), Boyd (8), Landry (9), Hardman (11), Hilton (12), Pringle (19)

Te - Andrews (3), Ertz (13), Howard (17), Hurst (18)

K - Blankenship (20)

Def - Bucs (14), 49ers (15)

Really like the depth of this team. Funny part is the first 2 picks were auto picks because I had trouble getting in. I wouldn't have picked Diggs there. 

Love my qbs. Brady should be solid and if Watson avoids a year long suspension he will be a steal that late. If not I drop him and pick up a back up. 

Only went with 4 rbs because the wr that kept falling had higher boom potential than anything left at rb. As long as 2 of these guys are good I should be fine. 

Diggs is obviously a stud and I love the floors of Boyd and Landry and the boom potential of Hardman, Sutton and Hilton. 

Te - like Andrews and loved my depth every where else I just took a ton of fliers at te. Anyone of these other guys could crack top 12 if they get a break

Def - loved the team so much I took defense early so I could get an elite defense. 49ers are my favorite week 1 defense right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My 3rd one from the 12

Qb - Brady (10), Watson (16)

Rb - Akers (1), Montgomery (4), Davis (5), Gaskin (6)

Wr - Diggs (2), Sutton (7), Boyd (8), Landry (9), Hardman (11), Hilton (12)Pringle (19)

Te - Andrews (3), Ertz (13), Howard (17), Hurst (18)

K - Blankenship (20)

Def - Bucs (14), 49ers (15)

Really like the depth of this team. Funny part is the first 2 picks were auto picks because I had trouble getting in. I wouldn't have picked Diggs there. 

Love my qbs. Brady should be solid and if Watson avoids a year long suspension he will be a steal that late. If not I drop him and pick up a back up. 

Only went with 4 rbs because the wr that kept falling had higher boom potential than anything left at rb. As long as 2 of these guys are good I should be fine. 

Diggs is obviously a stud and I love the floors of Boyd and Landry and the boom potential of Hardman, Sutton and Hilton. 

Te - like Andrews and loved my depth every where else I just took a ton of fliers at te. Anyone of these other guys could crack top 12 if they get a break

Def - loved the team so much I took defense early so I could get an elite defense. 49ers are my favorite week 1 defense right now. 
Nice draft was in this one with u.  From the 4:

QB: Russ (7), Hurts (11)

RB: Gibson (2), Sanders (4), Drake (9), Murray (10), Cohen (16), Elijah M (17), S Perine (18)

WR: Metcalf (3), Dionte (5), C Samuel (8), Marv Jones (12), Reagor (13), Terrace M (14)

TE: Kelce (1), Goedert (6)

Def: LAR (15)

K:  Zuerlein (19)

Have some early monster also I’ll post shortly.  Good to be back!  #WonTime 

Just for fun. From the2:

QB: K.Murray(4), R.Tannehill(12)

RB: D.Cook(1), A.Jones(2), J.Jacobs(5), A.Mattison(11), G.Bernard(15), M.Brown(19)

WR: D.K. Metcalf(3), C.Samuel(8), J.Landry(9), R.Gage(10), T.Smith(14), S.Shepard(16), K.Toney(20)

TE: L.Thomas(6), D.Goedert(7), J.Cook(13)

Def: N.Y. Giants(18)

K: R.Succop(17)

Nice draft was in this one with u.  From the 4:

QB: Russ (7), Hurts (11)

RB: Gibson (2), Sanders (4), Drake (9), Murray (10), Cohen (16), Elijah M (17), S Perine (18)

WR: Metcalf (3), Dionte (5), C Samuel (8), Marv Jones (12), Reagor (13), Terrace M (14)

TE: Kelce (1), Goedert (6)

Def: LAR (15)

K:  Zuerlein (19)

Have some early monster also I’ll post shortly.  Good to be back!  #WonTime 
This league looks tough. There were 3 or 4 teams that did some odd things and reached and the other 8ish were all solid. Good luck. 

Just finished this one from the 3.  Really like how this one fell

QB: Hurts (9) , Burrow (12)

RB: CEH (2), Swift (3), Carter (7), Evans (13), J Hawkins (15), Elijah M (17), Doaks (18)

WR: Chase (4), Kupp (5), Aiyuk (6), Shenault (8), Pittman (10), Gabriel (14), T Marshall (16)

TE: Kelce (1), Irv Smith (11)

Def: Buff (19)

K:  Prater (20)

From the 11th slot:

QB: Stafford (12), Tannehill (13), Watson (16)

RB: Chubb (1), Carson (3), Mostert (7), Henderson (9), David Johnson (10), Mattison (11), Mack (17)

WR: Diggs (2), Woods (4), Thielen (5), OBJ (6), Shepard (19)

TE: Engram (8), Howard (16)

K: Butker (15)

D/ST: Tampa (14), Buffalo (20)

Looking forward to that cash!

From the 11th slot:

RB: Chubb (1), Carson (3), Mostert (7), Henderson (9), David Johnson (10), Mattison (11), Mack (17)

I was all over Henderson this year at his ADP. Feeling lucky to have been at 100% Henderson shares....was an autodraft for me where he was going. Looks like of the teams posted I was the only person grabbing him. Really liking this squad even more now.

I was all over Henderson this year at his ADP. Feeling lucky to have been at 100% Henderson shares....was an autodraft for me where he was going. Looks like of the teams posted I was the only person grabbing him. Really liking this squad even more now.
This is great news for you, but you predicted this injury? How are you the only one grabbing him there are 7 posted teams in here and 2 of the posted teams were in the same draft. 

This is great news for you, but you predicted this injury? How are you the only one grabbing him there are 7 posted teams in here and 2 of the posted teams were in the same draft. 
I felt like Akers was an unknown, being over drafted while Henderson was forgotten. Thought it might turn out DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart situation potentially and if an injury was to happen I’d have a league winner. I’m also a Seahawks fan and Henderson looked explosive against the Hawks last year. Reminds me of DeAngelo Williams actually. I have been making a point of grabbing both Henderson and Mattison in drafts. 

Did a couple drafts a few days ago after taking a year off:

Draft 1: 

QB: Rodgers, Mayfield

RB: Cook, Mostert, Williams, Gio Bernard, McKinnon, Damien Williams

WR: Hopkins, Metcalf, Samuel, Smith-Schuster, Watkins, Mooney, Van Jefferson

TE: Hockenson, Ebron, Henry

K/D: Zuerlein, Denver

Draft 2:

QB: Lawrence, Mayfield

RB: Barkley, Carter, Gio Bernard, Malcolm Brown, Drake, Conner

WR: Kupp, AJ Brown, Lockett, Sutton, Tyrell Williams, Gage, Van Jefferson

TE: Kittle, Trautman, Ebron

K/D: Lutz, Patriots

Another championship roster from the 9 hole:

QB: (3) Mahomes

RB: (1) Taylor, (4) Sanders, (5) Henderson, (7) Mostert, (11) Singletary, (12) Lindsay

WR: (2) DK, (8) Curtis Samuel, (9) Marquise Brown, (13) Campbell, (14) St. Brown, (16) John Brown, (17) Bryan Edwards, (18) Terrance Marshall

TE: (6) Fant, (10) Engram, (20) Parham

K: (15) Butker

D/ST: (19) DEN

RB: (1) Taylor, (4) Sanders, (5) Henderson, (7) Mostert, (11) Singletary, (12) Lindsay

WR: (2) DK, (8) Samuel, (9) Marquise Brown, (13) Campbell, (14) St. Brown, (16) John Brown, (17) Bryan Edwards, (18) Terrance Marshall

I like this draft.  Good value from the #9 slot getting your top 3 picks ... Taylor, DK & Mahomes!  

WR: (2) DK, (8) Samuel, (9) Marquise Brown, (13) Campbell, (14) St. Brown, (16) John Brown, (17) Bryan Edwards, (18) Terrance Marshall

🤑

Really like the backs! Best QB. I think DK will be top wide. Fast and explosive team. Great from a difficult spot!

Another one from the 3.  Another nice team   Ya boy  

QB: Dak (7) , Watson (17)

RB: Swift (3), Sermon (6),  Pollard (9), DJ (10), Gus Edwards (11), Elijah M (18), Ty Johnson (19)

WR: D Hop (2), DJ Moore (4), Julio (5), Gallup (8), Trequan (12), Rondale M (13), Toney (20)

TE: Kelce (1), Firkser (14)

Def: TB (15)

K:  Koo (16)

Da Gildz said:
Another one from the 3.  Another nice team   Ya boy  

QB: Dak (7) , Watson (17)

RB: Swift (3), Sermon (6),  Pollard (9), DJ (10), Gus Edwards (11), Elijah M (18), Ty Johnson (19)

WR: D Hop (2), DJ Moore (4), Julio (5), Gallup (8), Trequan (12), Rondale M (13), Toney (20)

TE: Kelce (1), Firkser (14)

Def: TB (15)

K:  Koo (16)

This one is going to struggle tbh. Saw it posted on Twitter....looked liked you were in a tough draft.  Wish you luck.

First of the season from the 10-hole...

LJackson (6)

Chubb (2), Mike Davis (5), Fournette (9), DJohnson (11), McKissic (13), Coleman (15), JWhite (16)

Hill (1), McLaurin (3), Devonta Smith (8), Samuel (10), Corey Davis (12), Trequan (14), A St. Brown (18)

Hockenson (4), Logan T (7), Ertz (17)

BUF, Badgley

I wanted to practice for FFPC from a late draft spot. Ended up getting 1:

01.01 Christian McCaffrey Car/13

02.12 Clyde Edwards-Helaire KC/12

03.01 A.J. Brown Ten/13

04.12 Josh Jacobs LV/8

05.01 Adam Thielen Min/7

06.12 JuJu Smith-Schuster Pit/7

07.01 Russell Wilson Sea/9

08.12 James Conner Ari/12

09.01 Adam Trautman NO/6

10.12 Kenyan Drake LV/8

11.01 Russell Gage Atl/6

12.12 Sterling Shepard NYG/10

13.01 Chuba Hubbard Car/13

14.12 Deshaun Watson Hou/10

15.01 Pittsburgh Pit/7

16.12 Tyrell Williams Det/9

17.01 Harrison Butker KC/12

18.12 Jordan Akins Hou/10

19.01 Ben Roethlisberger Pit/7

20.12 Cam Newton NE/14

3 Regrets:

Wilson. The top 5 QB's went in the top 60 picks. So, not a terrible pick. Michael Thomas went 7(4).  I could have also got one of Fant, Goedert, Thomas, Tonyan, or Higbee at TE. Although I really though 1-2 of this group would make it to me at the next turn. 

A big week 13 bye problem. I need to be a top 2 seed to get through to the big playoffs because I am likely to lose in the league playoffs.

TE's suck. It was a crazy draft for TE's. Had multiple teams hording TE's. One team has 5. 3 teams have 4. 

Ones that got away: Cooks went 8(11), Henry went 11(11) , and Schultz went 16(11). I had each of them queued up to draft

First of the 2021 Season, last night, 10pm, from the 8th Position. Got a little silly w/ RB Heavy strategy with how the 5th/6th Rounds played out. Only 2 pieces of Vikings I'm interested in drafting are Cook/Smith, and best available WR at ADP at 5.08 was Thielen, so passed in favor of Hunt, who has stand alone flex value, although unorthodox approach. Couldn't pass up Sermon in 6th. Recovered when JJS-S fell to 7.08, Waddle to 11.08 and Ruggs to 12.05. Going to be drafting up to a dozen Teams, this one is going to be one of the more aggravating for setting lineups, but no lack of quality Players, most taken right around ADP.

QB: Brady/10, Ryan/14

RB: Ekeler/1, Chubb/2, Dobbins/3, Hunt/5, Sermon/6, Malcolm Brown/17, Brieda/20

WR: Evans/4, JJS-S/7, Mike Williams/8,  Waddle/11, Ruggs/12, ESanders/13, Tyrell Williams/19

TE: Irv Smith/9, Hurst/15

PK: Koo/18

DST: Steelers/16

Tried one more. Really dont like the middle spots as I seem to be getting the 8 all the time but dont mind Kamara at all when he falls. 

QB- Burrow (11), Cousins (16)

RB- Kamara (1), Dobbins (3), Moss (8), Drake (10), Bernard (14), Breida (18)

WR- Cooper (4), Claypool (5), Golladay (6), Cooks (7), Corey Davis (12), Watkins (15), Peoples-Jones (20)

TE- Kittle (2), Irv Smith (9), Uzomah (13)

K/D- Gould, Broncos

Scientist u guys started off very strong but fizzled out fast last night. Thomas in the 6th??  He’s going 2 rds later in these. Even later in some.  Could have had a big squad.  Oh well.   Here’s mine from the 11:

QB: Hurts (9), Fields (11)

RB: Gibson (2), James Rob (8), Hines (12), Damien Will (13), Gainwell (15), Ollison (16), Elijah M (17)

WR: Hill (1), Julio (5), Jeudy (6), JuJu (7), Mooney (10), Terrace M (14), Toney (20)

TE: Pitts (3), Hockenson (4)

Def: LAC (19)

Scientist u guys started off very strong but fizzled out fast last night. Thomas in the 6th??  He’s going 2 rds later in these. Even later in some.  Could have had a big squad.  Oh well.   Here’s mine from the 11:

QB: Hurts (9), Fields (11)

RB: Gibson (2), James Rob (8), Hines (12), Damien Will (13), Gainwell (15), Ollison (16), Elijah M (17)

WR: Hill (1), Julio (5), Jeudy (6), JuJu (7), Mooney (10), Terrace M (14), Toney (20)

TE: Pitts (3), Hockenson (4)

Def: LAC (19)

This is boom or bust IMO. Wrs are solid, but you will need to find a 2nd back. If Pitts lives up to the hype you will have a major advantage at te and one of your flex spots. 

These drafts are getting tougher later in the year. 

This is boom or bust IMO. Wrs are solid, but you will need to find a 2nd back. If Pitts lives up to the hype you will have a major advantage at te and one of your flex spots. 

These drafts are getting tougher later in the year. 
Oh yea.  This might be my most boom or bust squad.   I generally draft these kind of teams from the backend of the draft.  And agree with your sentiment.  Values are long gone.  Although there are still many players that are mis-priced right now.  

Here is one that I liked.

stafford, Watson, wilson

mccafrey, jacobs, Montgomery, R Stevenson, d Williams, s perine

Hopkins, m thomas, aiyuk, c Samuel, r Moore, t smith

fant, I smith, e engram

washington, butker 

overall I really liked how the draft fell.

I am bored. So going to give me honest and amateur review of some teams. 

Really like your qbs especially since I think Stafford will throw even more now. 

Like your top 2 backs with Cmac and Montgomery. Jacobs scares me this year. 

Tough break with Thomas otherwise this would be a super strong team.

Like the tight end group and even if you are unlucky you should have a weekly starter.  If you are lucky you may have a starter and a flex. 

Good luck. 

Just for fun. From the2:

QB: K.Murray(4), R.Tannehill(12)

RB: D.Cook(1), A.Jones(2), J.Jacobs(5), A.Mattison(11), G.Bernard(15), M.Brown(19)

WR: D.K. Metcalf(3), C.Samuel(8), J.Landry(9), R.Gage(10), T.Smith(14), S.Shepard(16), K.Toney(20)

TE: L.Thomas(6), D.Goedert(7), J.Cook(13)

Def: N.Y. Giants(18)

K: R.Succop(17)

Love the qbs here, my only nitpick is taking Tannehill in the 12th. I get the value, but I would have taken another wr. 

Like your rbs especially Jones in the 2nd now that Rodgers is back. 

I like Metcalf, but I am not a huge fan of Samuels this year. Hopefully one of your other guys hits. 

In hindsight you should have passed on Goedert for another rb or wr to flex. 

Overall solid team. Good luck. 

Just finished this one from the 3.  Really like how this one fell

QB: Hurts (9) , Burrow (12)

RB: CEH (2), Swift (3), Carter (7), Evans (13), J Hawkins (15), Elijah M (17), Doaks (18)

WR: Chase (4), Kupp (5), Aiyuk (6), Shenault (8), Pittman (10), Gabriel (14), T Marshall (16)

TE: Kelce (1), Irv Smith (11)

Def: Buff (19)

I like the qbs. Hurts is a sleeper for top 5. Burrow scares me as my top qb, but love him as a 2nd qb 

I like CeH as my 2nd back, but not my first and I was all over Swift this year, but hearing the reports that he hasn't practiced much this off-season is scaring me. This group could be solid or could ruin this team. 

Love the wrs in the 4th, 5th, 6th. Very solid. After that I am not sold. I was high on Pittman, but Wentz going down is a bad break. 

Difficult to not love the tight ends when you have Kelce. If Smith hits you should have a nice flex to go with that advantage Kelce provides. 

From the 11th slot:

Pretty much what I said earlier. Like Stafford a lot now.  Would have passed on Tannehill for tight end with this squad. 

I like Chub, but I am not as high on Henderson as you are and Carson and Mostert scare me because of injury concerns. I don't think Henderson sees the volume of a starter. 

Really nice job on the wrs. No holes here and you have enough depth to flex them and they should give you a very high ceiling. 

Hate the tight ends. Both offenses have a ton of receiving options so it will be hard to pick what game will be their game. Plus one of them has Daniel Jones throwing to them and the other is coming off a torn achillies. 

This team should be in it as long as one of your backs stay healthy to start after Chubb and you find this year's, Tonyan, or Logan Thomas. 

Good luck. 

From the 2 hole.

Qb: Lamar Jackson (5)

Rb: Cook (1), Mixon (2), Fournette (8), Johnson (11), Mattison (12), Singletary (13), Darrell Williams (19), McKinnon (20)

Wr: McLaurin (3), Thomas (6), Elijah Moore (9), Hollywood Brown (10), Cobb (16), Collins (18)

TE: Andrews (4), Fant (7)

K: Tucker (14)

D/ST: Tampa (15), Browns (17)

Love the qbs here, my only nitpick is taking Tannehill in the 12th. I get the value, but I would have taken another wr. 

Like your rbs especially Jones in the 2nd now that Rodgers is back. 

I like Metcalf, but I am not a huge fan of Samuels this year. Hopefully one of your other guys hits. 

In hindsight you should have passed on Goedert for another rb or wr to flex. 

Overall solid team. Good luck. 
Thanks , appreciate the intelligent and well thought out remarks. That's why FBG's is the best. Good luck to you also.

Nice of Tyreek Hill to fall to 1.10...very uncharacteristic of me to take a premium QB early, but that dead zone area was particularly challenging to negotiate in this Draft. Easier to take a premium QB/TE where they fall, and let the draft play out til the next Round. Had no business drafting a 3rd QB, but with Watson still sitting there in the 20th, and waiver runs occuring before the start of the Season, why not? 

Murray/5, Big Ben/18, Watson/20

Taylor/2, Carson/3, Etienne/4, Lindsey/12, Bernard/14, MBrown/17

Hill/1, RAnderson/6, MkWilliams/8, EMoore/9, MvJones/11, RMoore/13

Goedert/7, Jonnu/10, Hurst/16

Steelers/15, Gould/19

From the 1st spot

Qb - Hurts (11), Burrow (13), Watson (19)

Rb - CMac (1), CeH (2), Etienne (4), Hunt (7), Scott (17)

Wr - A.J. Brown (3), D. Johnson (5), M. Thomas (9), C. Samuel (10), Hilton (12), People-Jones (17), Kirk (19)

Te - Fant (6), Tonyan (8), Hooper (14)

K - McManus (20)

Def - Bucs (15)

Overall I like this team, but it could easily go to crap. 

Really wanted a back like CeH, Mixon, Barkely, Chubb or Taylor to fall to me at 2. I feel like I got lucky here. 

Week 13 is going to be a problem for me. I probably should have taken Keenan Allen over Brown in the 3rd in hindsight. 

Had my eye on Fant in the 6th and whoever was a value for the 7th. I think Hunt is really good value. Almost passed on him for Boyd or Antonio Brown. 

Was hoping for a combo of Tonyan or Irv Smith and a qb at the 8/9 turn. All the qbs and Smith went 5 or so picks before me so I swung for the fence with Thomas. 

Not a big Samuel fan, but with my wr core at the time and his upside I thought this was the right time to gamble. 

Like my qbs, but probably shouldn't have drafted Burrow. Only 3 qbs went after him before my next picks. I was probably a little tilted because I was targeting Callaway and Singletary at 12/13 and they went 2 and 3 picks before that. 

I have one that I haven't posted yet. I will get to it, but it is my least favorite and I still have 1 more to draft. Good luck all. 

Last night from the 5th Position:

Wilson/6, Watson/20

Elliott/1, Chubb/2, Montgomery/3, Mostert/7, Gainwell/14, Michel/17, Brieda/19

Aiyuk/5, MkWilliams/8, Gallup/9, MvJones/11, RnMoore/12, BEdwards/13, Cobb/15

Andrews/4, Trautman/10

Ravens/16, Succop/18

Interesting 1st Round in this one, after early chalk: CMC, Cook, Kelce, Kamara, Elliott, Adams, Waller, Tyreek, Diggs, Henry (1.11), Ridley/Jefferson at the turn, with Barkley, Taylor, AJones, Chubb, Gibson still available. As in Draft #2, went TE and QB earlier than I usually would, but there was a glut of WR at the 4/5 turn, Andrews was the final of 6 Tier 1 TE, and with the Bateman injury, I've moved him up to TE3. At 6/7 turn, a defensive move: Wilson and Dak were the last of the Tier 1 QB...neither likely to fall back to me at 7.05, 1.03 (Kelce Owner) already had Mahomes, didn't want other upper-end Drafters to add elite QB to their mix (Cook Owner took Dak at 7.02). Waited on WR, but cobbled together a decent stable of complimentary pieces. We'll see.

Last night from the 5th Position:

Wilson/6, Watson/20

Elliott/1, Chubb/2, Montgomery/3, Mostert/7, Gainwell/14, Michel/17, Brieda/19

Aiyuk/5, MkWilliams/8, Gallup/9, MvJones/11, RnMoore/12, BEdwards/13, Cobb/15

Andrews/4, Trautman/10

Ravens/16, Succop/18

Interesting 1st Round in this one, after early chalk: CMC, Cook, Kelce, Kamara, Elliott, Adams, Waller, Tyreek, Diggs, Henry (1.11), Ridley/Jefferson at the turn, with Barkley, Taylor, AJones, Chubb, Gibson still available. As in Draft #2, went TE and QB earlier than I usually would, but there was a glut of WR at the 4/5 turn, Andrews was the final of 6 Tier 1 TE, and with the Bateman injury, I've moved him up to TE3. At 6/7 turn, a defensive move: Wilson and Dak were the last of the Tier 1 QB...neither likely to fall back to me at 7.05, 1.03 (Kelce Owner) already had Mahomes, didn't want other upper-end Drafters to add elite QB to their mix (Cook Owner took Dak at 7.02). Waited on WR, but cobbled together a decent stable of complimentary pieces. We'll see.

Love the rbs, and tight ends. I don't like your receivers. I like Gallup in best ball and as a dart throw if Cooper or Lamb get hurt, I also really like Marvin Jones. 

If you don't mind me asking what other receivers were available in the 5th and 8th Aiyuk and Williams would scare me as my 2nd and 3rd wr, they terrify me as my 1st and 2nd wrs. 

Good luck. 

From the 1st spot

Qb - Rodgers (8), Cousins (16)

Rbs - CMaC (1), CeH (2), Mixon (3), Carter (6), Ronald Jones (10), Hubbard (12)

Wr - D.J. Moore (5), A. Brown (7), M. Thomas (9), Marvin Jones (11), St. Brown (17), Peoples-Jones (18), Kirk (19)

Te - Andrews (4), Jarwin (13), Ebron (15)

K - Mcmanus (20)

Def - WFT (14)

I was in love with this team until the 12/13 turn. I was patiently waiting to scoop up Callaway and Everett and they both went right ahead of me. 

Love Jones in the 10th feels like good value, if Thomas can come back by week 8ish and be a top 15ish receiver this team should be good. 

The 6/7 turn hurt a little too. I was ready to take 2 wrs and 3 of my 4 targets went right before me ( Juju, OBJ, Boyd) so I took a chance on Carter since I don't have him yet. 

This was probably last one for the year, so good luck all. 

Love the rbs, and tight ends. I don't like your receivers. I like Gallup in best ball and as a dart throw if Cooper or Lamb get hurt, I also really like Marvin Jones. 

If you don't mind me asking what other receivers were available in the 5th and 8th Aiyuk and Williams would scare me as my 2nd and 3rd wr, they terrify me as my 1st and 2nd wrs. 

Good luck. 
I like to write, and you caught me in a rare moment when I actually have time, so hold on to your hat.  ;)

It all depends on one's individual projections, of course. As I said, this Draft was a bit of different than my usual game plan, but I've worked very hard to go with the flow, and let drafts come to me, rather than reacting.

1st swerve: Taking Andrews at 4.08, because in my last projections/rankings/tiers edit, I moved him up to TE3 past Brittle Kittle, Hockenson and Pitts in the wake of the Bateman injury. I'm not investing early picks in Players I consider injury risks, players on bad teams with suboptimal qb's or rookie TE playing hybrid positions on bad teams. So, although I usually pass on the Big 6 TE, I had the chance to get my TE3 at TE6, as the last of the Big 6. I can't pass up luck like that.

When I took Andrews...Evans, Godwin, DJMoore, Diontae, Thielen, Aiyuk and Higgins were all available. No way Evans/Godwin are making it back to me at 5.05. Evans shouldn't have even been there, but given TE-premium, my ranking of Andrews combined with the tier break, had to pass. My hope was that Diontae would fall to 5.05. That didn't happen. Didn't miss DJMoore or Thielen, so it was between Aiyuk and Higgins. Julio, Jeudy and Chase were all still available, but I'm not big on any of them. Aiyuk is the unquestioned alpha X receiver in a Shanahan offense. That's the guy who eats, no matter the volume of the passing game. ADP 5.05/WR22, which is exactly where he went here. I have him WR18. With the Bengals, I'm only interested in the last one off the board (Boyd), at ADP. I think the 3 will be roughly identical for 2021, and my jury is still out on Burrow's recovery. So, that was that.

2. 2nd swerve: Russell Wilson at 6.08, explained previous post. From an opp cost perspective, that cost me Beckham, JuJu, Deebo, Boyd and AB. I pick my pairings carefully, and the Mostert (or Sermon)/Aiyuk pairing is one I like, especially getting Mostert as my RB4/Flex2. I'm quite high on Sermon, but when the Season kicks off, Mostert is the one to have, IMHO, with Sermon coming on as the Season progresses. By that time, waivers will be working, full force. If less usage leads to less injury for Mostert, I'll be just fine. He's the splash-play guy there. I considered Higbee here, flexing TE. Felt better about taking next WR in the 8th, given what my choices were.

3. There was a nice run on WR starting late 7th, well into the 8th. Brandon Cooks went at 8.06. QB-proof alpha on a Team that's going to be playing from behind pretty much all game long. Tyrod Taylor holding his own in camp, in Watson's absence. Thought he'd fall to me. Sutton, DevSmith, Chark, Waddle, Mooney, Shenault and Golladay went before Cooks. I wasn't crying about any of them. When I took BMW, there was Landry, CSamuel, Michael Thomas and Gallup. While Keenan Allen is the unquestioned focus of the Chargers, they are playing a version of the Saints offense, Brees is in camp with them tutoring everyone, and Williams is playing the Michael Thomas position. He's no Michael Thomas, but outside of Ekeler, the complimentary pieces of the passing game, IMHO, exist to facilitate Ekeler/Allen and BMW. ADP 8.08/WR39. Got him at 8.08/WR42, I have him at WR28, and I know that's an outlier, but one has to trust one's work. I'm a huge WFTskins fan, but feel the skill position players there are going to cannabalize each other, so no CSamuel for me. Didn't like the Chubb/Landry pairing. I counted on Michael Thomas or Gallup falling back to me at 9.05, and Gallup did, over the likes of Hardman, Pittman, Gage, Elijah Moore, Marquise Brown and Fuller. Gallup is no slouch. He could be the #2 WR on at least 1/2 the NFL, IMHO. I fully expect the Cowboys to support 3 1000-yard-WR in 2021, and we'll see about Cooper's legs...potentially tremendous injury upside. ADP 9.01/WR43. Got him 9.05/WR46. Have him at WR24, but most don't think he's sexy, which is why I took BMW first and let him fall to me. Again, an outlier, but have to trust. Hoped Elijah Moore would fall back to me at 10.08, but didn't happen.

As an aggregate, it's Aiyuk at 1 WR spot + a bunch of upside plays rotating through WR2 - BMW, Gallup, I like the chemistry developing between Lawrence/Marvin Jones, Rondale Moore is nothing but upside, and Edwards is an upside play as well. Took Cobb in the 15th, thought about ARSB, but qb/offense, Rodgers-facilitated aquisition. From 16-20, I contemplated Amari Rodgers, who went undrafted. There's a theory that Cobb is Amari Rodgers insurance, and with preseason waivers I considered drafting both and dropping one after watching things play out, but needing PK and D/ST only had 3 picks to play with. Michel in the 17th represents solid value, IMHO, according to my #'s, and I wanted to add a few more RB. The people I trust with Pats scoop, strongly feel DHarris/Michel could be identical, and Harris is going in the 7th. I think Brieda (19.05) and his outstanding speed as a splash-play sleeper in Buffalo, and he's going in the 17th. Moss/Singletary are unspectacular. With pre-season waivers available, if Watson is there in the 20th, he's on my Team, as the cheapest of cheap wait-and-sees. With Amari not being drafted, he's an easy pickup, if necessary.

Wilson/Zeke/Chubb/Monty/Mostert/Aiyuk/*rotation*/Andrews is a lineup I feel can get off to a hot start. Probably one of the Teams I'll have to scrutinize the WW more than some of my others (I'm doing 9, maybe up to 12 total). HTH. Good luck to you, as well!

Slow draft from the 7 spot that just ended:

Qb: Lawrence (12), cousins (16)

rb: dobbins (3), fournette (8), mostert (9), j Williams (10), brown (14), Mack (18)

wr: Adams (1), Hopkins (2), evans (4), thielen (5), Marvin Jones (11), Watkins (15), Kirk (20)

te: goedert (6), fant (7), cook (13)

k/d: gay and broncos

Big question is whether I can find a RB2 out of the group. If so I think I have a good chance

Slow draft from the 7 spot that just ended:

Qb: Lawrence (12), cousins (16)

rb: dobbins (3), fournette (8), mostert (9), j Williams (10), brown (14), Mack (18)

wr: Adams (1), Hopkins (2), evans (4), thielen (5), Marvin Jones (11), Watkins (15), Kirk (20)

te: goedert (6), fant (7), cook (13)

k/d: gay and broncos

Big question is whether I can find a RB2 out of the group. If so I think I have a good chance
You took the WR-heavy track from the middle...depending on how one's Draft plays out, it's possible to go RB-heavy in the middle as well, which is what I prefer, but I think you did great with Picks 1-5, getting an anchor RB in Dobbins, while still landing Adams/Hopkins/Evans/Thielen. I'm not sure the 1st quarter of your Draft could have gone any better.

I've owned Goedert in Dynasty from Day 1. I'm not drafting him in seasonal until there's some resolution with Ertz, and I hear more I like about Hurts. I like Fant the player, but I'm not confident enough in the qb situation at this moment to draft him either. I'd feel better with Higbee/Tonyan in 7/8, and maybe grabbing RB2 in 6.

Hitting RB heavy in 8-10, I think you got a reasonably decent RB2 rotation with Fournette/Mostert/JWilliams. My high-stakes partner and I are at loggerheads about Fournette. He thinks Playoff Lenny picks up where he left off, while I think Gio Bernard is going to become the RB1 in Tampa very soon. I think he brings much more to the table than 3rd-down specialist.  I've said upthread I think Mostert makes an excellent flex right out of the gate, who's value may decline over the course of the Season. That's what the WW is for. Jamaal Williams is the only Lion I'm interested in drafting. Think you'll be OK there, especially if you find something off the wire.

So, we're halfway through. 0/4/4/2. I love that build through 10 Rounds, with the Players I like. Adding Marvin as your WR5 in the 11th gives you a legit safe opp to start 4 WR all Season. That's wise. A riskier strategy might have been to take Rondale Moore there for some bang, boom, pop, sizzle upside potential.

I'm a big fan of waiting on QB, but for me, waiting on QB means I'm rostering Brady in the 9th, Stafford in the10th, or both. Lawrence hasn't shown me nearly enough for me to have any confidence in him as my starter. Obviously, you're more confident than I am. Cousins is the definition of a QB2 in this contest. Once I'm in that tier, though, I'm waiting as long as I can to get a QB2. I think Mayfield posts Cousins #'s in the 18th, and if you believe Big Ben plays a full Season, he posts better (maybe better than Lawrence), but I cant blame anyone for not believing he can last 17 games. Point being, if you get a similar QB2 in 18-20, you can use 16 to acquire more upside darts at RB/WR/TE.  Malcolm Brown, Sammy Watkins and Jared Cook, IMHO, aren't the kind of pure upside types I'm hoping to find in 11-16, but they're all safe plays that shouldn't hurt you, and are easy to part with if you go hunting for pop on the WW.

If Lawrence and your TE's live up to where you drafted them, Dobbins and that WR corps give you a leg up on finishing in the Top 4 in your League, which means $ and a shot at a Golden Ticket. Good Luck!

Drafted out of the 12th Position on Wednesday PM.

Couldn't believe Tyreek Hill fell to 1.12. Lucky break!

QB: Rodgers/7, ZWilson/17

RB: JTaylor/2, Carson/3, Montgomery/4, MDavis/5, JmWilliams/9, RStevenson/14

WR: Tyreek/1 Boyd/6, Sutton/8, EMoore/10, AJGreen/13, A-RSt.B/16, ARodgers/19

TE: Everett/11, JCook/12, JuJohnson/20

PK: Succop/18

D/ST: Patriots/15

Just drafted this main from the 9 hole.  Juicy

QB: Kyler (6)

RB: Gibson (2), Swift (3), Michel (11),  Gio (12), Gainwell (14), McKinnon (18), Ahmed (20)

WR: Woods (4), Claypool (5), Robby Anderson (7), Sutton (8), Pittman (9), Rondale M (10), Reagor (13)

TE: Waller (1), Ertz (15), Hooper (17)

K: Prater (19)

Def: Pitt (16)

#WonTime 

🎨

Just drafted this main from the 9 hole.  Juicy

QB: Kyler (6)

RB: Gibson (2), Swift (3), Michel (11),  Gio (12), Gainwell (14), McKinnon (18), Ahmed (20)

WR: Woods (4), Claypool (5), Robby Anderson (7), Sutton (8), Pittman (9), Rondale M (10), Reagor (13)

TE: Waller (1), Ertz (15), Hooper (17)

K: Prater (19)

Def: Pitt (16)

#WonTime 

🎨
I love the wrs and Waller. 6 weeks ago I would have loved your rbs, but now Swift scares me. 

Considering buying another 3 pack. I liked my teams until recently. 

2 teams had Akers, 1 team had Etienne, and 2 teams have Swift and 2 have CeH. I am pretty sure only 1 team is fully healthy and we haven't even started the year yet. 

What do you all think? 

nittanylion said:
Drafted out of the 12th Position on Wednesday PM.

Couldn't believe Tyreek Hill fell to 1.12. Lucky break!

QB: Rodgers/7, ZWilson/17

RB: JTaylor/2, Carson/3, Montgomery/4, MDavis/5, JmWilliams/9, RStevenson/14

WR: Tyreek/1 Boyd/6, Sutton/8, EMoore/10, AJGreen/13, A-RSt.B/16, ARodgers/19

TE: Everett/11, JCook/12, JuJohnson/20

PK: Succop/18

D/ST: Patriots/15

This is my ideal draft from late position. (Apologies if I jinx you)

You got a stud wr, then you got to load up at rb. You got a qb that could finish as the top overall qb. Lots of options for your wr2 and I have started to come around on Everett. 

Well done and good luck. 

Considering buying another 3 pack. I liked my teams until recently. 

2 teams had Akers, 1 team had Etienne, and 2 teams have Swift and 2 have CeH. I am pretty sure only 1 team is fully healthy and we haven't even started the year yet. 

What do you all think? 

"Please sir, may I have some more?" More, more, MOAR!!! More Teams = More Fun! GO FOR IT!!!

Another dominating performance from the 12 spot.\

QB: Lamar Jackson (6)

RB: Saquan (1), Aaron Jones (2), Swift (3), Moss (10)

WR: Cupp (4), Claypool (5), Golladay (7), Elijah Moore (9), Marquise Brown (11), Rondale Moore (12), Ty Hlton (13)

TE: Tonyan (8), Jarwin (14), Trautman (17), Conklin (19), Parham (20)

K: Tucker (15)

DF: BAL (16), SF (18)

Back-to-back Drafts on Wednesday and Thursday PM. Teams 5 & 6. Three more scheduled, and considering buying an additional 3-pack if things break right.

Wednesday 09/01: From the #1:

Rodgers/8, Stafford/11

McCaffrey/1, Mixon/2, CEH/3, AJDillon/9, Bernard/10, BScott/17, AxCollins/20

Thielen/4, Aiyuk/5, Shenault/6, AB/7, Shepard/14, Cobb/16

Cook/12, Henry/13, Hurst/18

Sanders/19, Steelers/15

Mixon falls to 2.12! Some other nice 'falls' as well, which made some reaches to get 'my guys' more palatable.  Rodgers falling to  the 8/9 turn compelled me to go QB earlier than I'd prefer. Team was shaping up so nicely that I took Stafford at 11.01 as insurance for preventing a solid Team from getting derailed if Rodgers were to get dinged. Very pleased with how this turned out.

Thursday 09/02: From the #7:

This was one strange Draft. Was the only 'experienced' Team in the room (no other badges), and it was haywire from start to finish, as you'll see below

Brady/9

Sermon/6, Michel/8, Pollard/10, TyWilliams/13, DmWilliams/14, TyJohnson/16, Scott/17, CEvans/20

Adams/1, Ridley/2, Lamb/3, Godwin/4, Lockett/5, MkWilliams/11, BEdwards/16

Higbee/7, Everett/12

Ravens/15, Bass/19

Took Adams over Ekeler at 1.07 just to see how a WR1 build would work out. Couldn't pass on Ridley at 2.06 (not a Gibson guy), couldn't pass up Lamb at 3.07, Godwin a must-have at 4.06, and couln't pass up Lockett at 5.07. Our Draft column looked like the Great Wall of China going into Round 6. Clear early it was going to be a zero-rb endeavor. Happy with the 1st 3 (Sermon/Michel/Pollard) will see what sticks to the wall from the last 5 and play the WW hard. Supported the weak RB room with a premium QB and my preferred TE pairing. After going WR 1-5, considered waiting til the end to grab some supporting WR, but the value kept presenting itself and couldn't resist dipping back in. Rostering 8rb led to passing on QB2, plenty available on the WW. If I can find some reinforcements for Sermon/Michel/Pollard, this will be a very unique Team when December rolls around. Fortunate to be drafting enough Teams to go off on a tangent or 2, here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread