What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Voting restrictions and the “For the People Act” (1 Viewer)

Who predicted this?  Trump explicitly told his voters not to vote by mail. Joe Biden told his voters to vote by mail as early as possible. For that alone I would have predicted that more mail in votes would be cast for Biden.  
I posted one link

but unless you believe Democrats are just that much lazier than Republicans you'd really expect it to be a pretty even split

but not the gross difference that it was

but honest question - if the GOP candidate in 2024 gets 95 million votes and they gather in 25 million more mail in's ..... are you going to question that and ask why ?

It depends.  Is he a contributing member of society, or training to become one, and educated himself on the issues under consideration.  Then absolutely encourage him to vote!  Or is he a lazy stoner sitting at home playing video games all day, and his response to you is "yeah man, that Biden keeps sending me money to play Warcraft, 4 more years brah!"  In that case I'd just as well he sit this one out.
I’d prefer more video game playing stoners vote. 

Who predicted this?  Trump explicitly told his voters not to vote by mail. Joe Biden told his voters to vote by mail as early as possible. For that alone I would have predicted that more mail in votes would be cast for Biden.  
I think it very much was predicted that it would lean heavily democrat.  It was mentioned here n every telecast of the night  that they expected them to go that way.

would you also say Democrats are voter mining and gathering all the votes they can from people by way of mail in ballots - people who'd normally not vote?

c'mon man - its all about getting votes
What is voter mining?  Is this like going door to door to ask people if they are going to mail in their ballots?  

lots of smoke for sure - all explained away in some way or form or fashion though

what we know, is Biden, a far less popular candidate than Hillary, acquired 16 million more votes and largely through mail in balloting

is it any surprise Democrats want to open mail in balloting even MORE ?

regardless of how this plays out, GOP simply has to learn to play by the same rules ... but I appreciate Republicans efforts to keep voting integrity intact that's for sure and only through rules/regulations can that happen

I'm glad we don't live in a Democracy - can you imagine the chaos every time votes are cast if we did ?
I don’t think Biden was less popular than Hillary. I think the reason Biden got so many more votes is that we had four years to see how uniquely awful and unqualified Trump was as president. 

why do we have to register? isn't the voter suppression ?

I'm saying all the little ways that cheating can happen add's up to enough to win an election - absolutely and who checks what and how transparent and all that is highly questionable as well

we have a broken system - and I don't know how to fix it but I will say this

everyone has a SS# who is a US citizen

what we don't have the ability to cross reference voting with those numbers baffles me. Why can't I use some kind of secure system to log in and make sure my vote for Trump counted? 

as far as I know - it didn't 
I don’t consider voter registration to be voter suppression. It’s how we verify that people are legal voters. You seem to think that it’s both voter suppression and that it’s allowing illegal immigrants to vote. You’re not making any sense.

The system is not broken, it is secure, and it is transparent. The only reason you think it’s broken is because Trump spent the better part of 2020 telling you it was broken in order to set up this grift if he lost. Had he won I don’t think we’d be doing audits in AZ.

There was a secure system to make sure your vote counted (at least here in CA). I could log in, enter the barcode off of my ballot at check if it was received and counted (it was). 

I don’t consider voter registration to be voter suppression. It’s how we verify that people are legal voters. You seem to think that it’s both voter suppression and that it’s allowing illegal immigrants to vote. You’re not making any sense.

The system is not broken, it is secure, and it is transparent. The only reason you think it’s broken is because Trump spent the better part of 2020 telling you it was broken in order to set up this grift if he lost. Had he won I don’t think we’d be doing audits in AZ.

There was a secure system to make sure your vote counted (at least here in CA). I could log in, enter the barcode off of my ballot at check if it was received and counted (it was). 
in these laws GOP states are passing - do you see ANYTHING then other than strengthening legality and security and transparency ?

IMO, Biden would have beaten Trump in '16. Hillary was a very unlikeable candidate.
I'm saying in 650 miles of driving I saw zero Biden and probably hundreds of still out there Trump signs

I saw Trump rallies, I saw no Biden rallies really

Hillary has massive crowds, signs and posters everywhere - maybe you just don't remember ?

I'm saying in 650 miles of driving I saw zero Biden and probably hundreds of still out there Trump signs

Hillary has massive crowds, signs and posters everywhere - maybe you just don't remember ?
No idea what point you're trying to make, but I do know that Trump supporters tend to be more loud and visible - strictly from my experience.

I have no Biden flags, yard signs, or bumper stickers but I voted for him. I didn't see any Biden yard signs in my neighborhood but I know several of them voted Biden. OTOH, my next door neighbor flew a Trump flag.

No idea what point you're trying to make, but I do know that Trump supporters tend to be more loud and visible - strictly from my experience.

I have no Biden flags, yard signs, or bumper stickers but I voted for him. I didn't see any Biden yard signs in my neighborhood but I know several of them voted Biden. OTOH, my next door neighbor flew a Trump flag.
except Hillary and Obama supporters were loud and visible so, that theory doesn't hold water

my experience 

We are back to rallies and signs?
its additional facts that are behind my beliefs in the 2020 election

a far less popular candidate gathers 16 million more votes and most of those mail in ballots ........... two things that have many theories on why they happened

Um, that was because of COVID, Biden actually had concern for the health of his supporters and their families, so he didn't hold possible super spreader events like Trump.

Um, that was because of COVID, Biden actually had concern for the health of his supporters and their families, so he didn't hold possible super spreader events like Trump.
Wal-Mart was super spread events, not a Trump rally

c'mon man

Look, that's all over now. All I want is 2 things

#1 I want better restrictions/rules to ensure election integrity

#2 I want the GOP to capitalize and exploit every voting way that Democrats do. Ballot mining, be the ones counting the votes, be the ones behind the machines, send ballots to everyone you think might vote, promise $$$$$ ...........anything Democrats do, I want Republicans to do better

and if GOP gets 105 million votes in 2024 I don't want to hear anyone question election integrity at all - I think that's fair

Predictions from the beginning were for a landslide for Democrats in the mail in voting tally and the landslide for Trump in the voting person tally

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bidens-supporters-appear-way-more-likely-to-vote-by-mail-than-trumps-that-could-make-for-a-weird-election-night/

According to a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, 30 percent of registered voters said they planned to vote by mail, and 43 percent said they planned to vote in person on Election Day. But among Trump supporters, only 11 percent said they planned to vote by mail, and 66 percent said they planned to vote in person on Election Day. Among Joe Biden backers, 47 percent said they planned to vote by mail, while only 26 percent said they planned to vote in person on Election Day. (The share who said they would vote early in person was consistently 20-21 percent among all three groups: Trump supporters, Biden supporters and voters overall.)

If this holds, it would mean votes cast on Election Day would skew heavily toward Trump, and votes cast by mail would skew heavily toward Biden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Predictions from the beginning were for a landslide for Democrats in the mail in voting tally and the landslide for Trump in the voting person tally

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bidens-supporters-appear-way-more-likely-to-vote-by-mail-than-trumps-that-could-make-for-a-weird-election-night/

According to a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, 30 percent of registered voters said they planned to vote by mail, and 43 percent said they planned to vote in person on Election Day. But among Trump supporters, only 11 percent said they planned to vote by mail, and 66 percent said they planned to vote in person on Election Day. Among Joe Biden backers, 47 percent said they planned to vote by mail, while only 26 percent said they planned to vote in person on Election Day. (The share who said they would vote early in person was consistently 20-21 percent among all three groups: Trump supporters, Biden supporters and voters overall.)

If this holds, it would mean votes cast on Election Day would skew heavily toward Trump, and votes cast by mail would skew heavily toward Biden.
And that's pretty much what happened. IIRC, some states purposely didn't count mail in ballots until after election day - meaning the election day numbers would skew heavily in favor of Trump then the numbers would move towards Biden as the mail ballots were counted.

Some opined that process may have been intentional to give the appears of wrong doing as Trump's leads shrunk and give credence to Trump's claims of fraud and a stolen election.

To be fair to @JerryG, he never said that uninformed voters shouldn't be allowed to vote.  He is espousing a position that uninformed voters probably should refrain from voting on their accord.  Frankly, I kind of agree with him.

Where we disagree is that he seems to equate (or at least highly positively correlate) "motivated to vote" with "informed", and I think it's pretty clear that assumption is about as wrong as can be.
I don't understand your point, can you explain?
Not sure how to make it any clearer.  I agree that lots of people should probably refrain from voting, specifically because they aren't informed.  However, many of those who are the most uninformed are also extremely motivated to vote.

I don't mind that the votes are mailed in from the voter...

What concerns me is how the ballots are sent out...and to whom.
Depends on the state. I live in a state where the registered voter has to request a mail in ballot.

I believe some states automatically send them to registered voters 

I watched Newsmax all day and it's pretty sickening that the Dems oppose these fair bills.. They broke it down pretty good on what both sides want and the republicans def want free, fair elections, but they want accountability. Dems don't.

I watched Newsmax all day and it's pretty sickening that the Dems oppose these fair bills.. They broke it down pretty good on what both sides want and the republicans def want free, fair elections, but they want accountability. Dems don't.
do you think Newmax provides a fair assessment of what Democrats want?

I think NewsMax is fair..
We have heard the same thing about Fox on this forum and before that in FFA for as long as I can remember - that Fox News is fair, but anyone who is objective and has watched it for any period of time knows otherwise.

Newsmax is a conservative American news and opinion website that competes with Fox for viewers and has about as much credibility, as far as fairly presenting the other side is concerned (which is to say not much).

You concluded after watching Newsmax that Democrats don't want free, fair elections or accountability. I don't know what information you got from Newsmax you are basing that on, but nothing could be further from the truth.  

We have heard the same thing about Fox on this forum and before that in FFA for as long as I can remember - that Fox News is fair, but anyone who is objective and has watched it for any period of time knows otherwise.

Newsmax is a conservative American news and opinion website that competes with Fox for viewers and has about as much credibility, as far as fairly presenting the other side is concerned (which is to say not much).

You concluded after watching Newsmax that Democrats don't want free, fair elections or accountability. I don't know what information you got from Newsmax you are basing that on, but nothing could be further from the truth.  
Like CNN On the other side.  Or MSNBC, or Vox.  All biased rags.

Both parties want secure elections, they just disagree on how big of a problem election fraud is.

ETA: 

The Dems are hearing this was the most secure election in history based on the DOJ, FBI, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency and the election boards of all 50 states that audited and certified the election.

Republicans are basing their belief the election was rife with fraud based on DJT, Lin Wood, Sydney Powell, and the MyPillow guy.

its additional facts that are behind my beliefs in the 2020 election

a far less popular candidate gathers 16 million more votes and most of those mail in ballots ........... two things that have many theories on why they happened
I'll give you credit for being the only person to even attempt to answer my questions from a page or two ago, but specifically what do you think happened that could account for 16M votes?  Specifically how is the fraud occurring?

The most obvious reason why Trump lost is because he had an approval rating similar to Jimmy Carter's, and is a much less likeable person.  He was wildly popular with his base, but alienated anyone who wasn't.  He frankly made zero effort to appeal to them with his constant barrage of insults.

Not sure how to make it any clearer.  I agree that lots of people should probably refrain from voting, specifically because they aren't informed.  However, many of those who are the most uninformed are also extremely motivated to vote.
Hmm... I'm not sure i made that argument, rather the opposite: unmotivated people are probably uninformed.  But I don't think it is worth arguing about.

Both parties want secure elections, they just disagree on how big of a problem election fraud is.

ETA: 

The Dems are hearing this was the most secure election in history based on the DOJ, FBI, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency and the election boards of all 50 states that audited and certified the election.

Republicans are basing their belief the election was rife with fraud based on DJT, Lin Wood, Sydney Powell, and the MyPillow guy.
and People in the Senate and House..

Specifically what type of fraud occurred this past election?  Are people registering to vote that should not be allowed?  Are ballots being cast by people who are not registered to vote?  Are people casting multiple ballots?

Why would mail-in ballots be more prone to fraud than in-person votes?  If in-person is so much more secure, then why do Republicans insist on voter ID and other restrictions?

Specifically what type of fraud occurred this past election?  Are people registering to vote that should not be allowed?  Are ballots being cast by people who are not registered to vote?  Are people casting multiple ballots?

Why would mail-in ballots be more prone to fraud than in-person votes?  If in-person is so much more secure, then why do Republicans insist on voter ID and other restrictions?
Ballots were cast for Biden by several dead people, but keep thinking a guy who has 30M Twitter Followers and has a viewership of 10M for his speeches got 80M votes..LOL

Ballots were cast for Biden by several dead people, but keep thinking a guy who has 30M Twitter Followers and has a viewership of 10M for his speeches got 80M votes..LOL
Does this account for the entirety of the millions of votes Trump is claiming are fraudulent?

It means Biden is screwed... Pennsylvania sent people to Arizona to learn about Cyberninja and talk about the audit being done.. Pennsylvania will be the next state to be audited by Cyber ninja.
Ok.  Since you think that millions of votes were cast by dead people, do you have any evidence that there are even 100+ instances of this happening?  Also, were dead people voting in person, or only by mail?

Users who are viewing this thread