What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Voting restrictions and the “For the People Act” (1 Viewer)

Charged with what?
"Once they step back into the state they will be arrested and brought back to the Capitol and we will be conducting business." - Gov. Abbott on The Ingraham Angle (Fox News)

He doesn't say what they would be arrested for, however. Just spouting rhetoric is my guess.

"Once they step back into the state they will be arrested and brought back to the Capitol and we will be conducting business." - Gov. Abbott on The Ingraham Angle (Fox News)

He doesn't say what they would be arrested for, however. Just spouting rhetoric is my guess.

I saw that. But I just don't know what you would charge them with. Maybe there is some law on the books about a legislator failing to vote or something? 

I reckon you may be right about rhetoric. 

Ken Paxton was on Fox and said there was a law about State reps leaving the State during special sessions, but he did say the are more inclined to arrest them and get them back to vote..

No matter, it's a cowardly act by the Dems. Just shows they are for cheating.

Dems to Republicans - we learned it from you!

(and for the record I think it’s wrong what the TX Democrats are doing). 
They actually learned it from rioters.   And rioters are always a great example

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that. But I just don't know what you would charge them with. Maybe there is some law on the books about a legislator failing to vote or something? 

I reckon you may be right about rhetoric. 
If this was true in the Senate, Marco Rubio would be serving a life sentence. 

Dems to Republicans - we learned it from you!

(and for the record I think it’s wrong what the TX Democrats are doing). 
Republicans to Dems: we learned it from YOU during BLM/Antifa.  :shrug:

If taking over 6 city blocks ISN'T an insurrection, then nothing is.  And that was just the start.  We won't discuss the Federal and State buildings they tried to burn down and destroy.

Republicans to Dems: we learned it from YOU during BLM/Antifa.  :shrug:

If taking over 6 city blocks ISN'T an insurrection, then nothing is.  And that was just the start.  We won't discuss the Federal and State buildings they tried to burn down and destroy.
I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

And is this seriously the new Trump supporter battle cry -  ‘But what about BLM/Antifa?!?’

Ken Paxton was on Fox and said there was a law about State reps leaving the State during special sessions, but he did say the are more inclined to arrest them and get them back to vote..

No matter, it's a cowardly act by the Dems. Just shows they are for cheating.
Or its politics.. like rushing a Supreme Court Nominee or not hearing a sitting President's Supreme Court Nominee.  

‘I don’t worry probably because I know the law, and the governor knows the law as well. I’m a criminal defense attorney, and so I understand that I’ve not committed a crime, so I can’t get arrested. The most that could happen is I could be detained, and it’s not the governor that gets to make that decision. It’s the Speaker of the House.’ - Jasmine Crockett, Texas State Rep (D)

This stuff happens more and more.  It happened in Oregon except it was the Repubs who walked out.  Kate Brown was supposedly looking at her options to use the state police to round em up.....in OR's instance the Repub representatives felt they needed to represent the wishes of their constituents, but felt hopeless because the Dems have a super majority......I believe it was the cap and trade bill.

Its not easy being red in a blue state, especially when, geographically, a large majority of the state is red......but the majority of the population lives in liberal dumps like Portland and Eugene.

I imagine the Dems in Texas feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread