What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeBron walking off with 6 min left to "go get treatment"..... (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
what say you.....good/bad/no big deal.....not very good leadership?....could his treatment have waited 6 minutes?.....should he have been out there to support his teammates even in a blow out that he was a part of creating?.....obviously nobody will say anything to him, cause Lebron is basketball god.....but not a good look IMO.....

It's weak.  Has he ever been a good teammate though?  Look at how he treated JR smith a few years ago.  Had an opportunity to be a leader in that moment but chose to be a crybaby, his team lost in OT, and then got swept.  

he and Kawhi have taught an entire generation of players how to act. if you can thump & spin a leather orb with skill, you are an instant Renaissance Man and all force and matter must bend to your brand with galactic relativity

Could James have waited 6 minutes?  Of course but James is the selfish modern athlete.  The support "the team" era is long gone. The last 3-4 guys on the bench are always "team" guys because they have to be.  Don`t expect that out of guys like James in this era.

Good look?  no   Suprised? no

I am the same age as James and I think if I were making 500K a game I would wait until the game ends but if I were making 500K a game i probably would not care.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you care about this you spend too much time listening to skip bayless and/or sports radio. 
Yep. Lebron takes so much #### for small things it's crazy. 

Dude can play ball. Dude, unlike so many others, didn't #### up his natural talent and the worst media story about him was the "decision" where he made millions for charity. Yet my social media feed is overfilled with people complaining about him.

I just chalk it up to jealousy. 

Yep. Lebron takes so much #### for small things it's crazy. 

Dude can play ball. Dude, unlike so many others, didn't #### up his natural talent and the worst media story about him was the "decision" where he made millions for charity. Yet my social media feed is overfilled with people complaining about him.

I just chalk it up to jealousy. 
No ####. Dude has been hurt all year. If the game is over should he sit on the bench instead of getting closer to ready for the next game? So stupid sometimes. If he hadn’t been hurt all year he probably doesn’t leave.

Also, LOL at OP’s title with double quotes. He missed 27 games or 40% of the season and had the least amount of rest of teams still alive in a shortened offseason. Yes, he actually does get treatment and very likely after every game.

I saw a good special the other night about some old, famous photographer.  They covered all kinds of athletes for decades but Lebron was different.  He made it clear beforehand he was not to be spoken to.  Any communication would go through his sidekick (some other NBA player).  I mean, come on dude, this guy is just doing his job helping promoting your ### and is the best at what he does.  And you can't even acknowledge his presence or talk to him?  Don't you think it might make things easier to maybe help the guy a little?  But no.

Also interesting was that this photog was literally known for not only NEVER going over his limited allotted time with superstars, but actually always going under -- something he learned to do for them because he knew they loved that.  They even had Tiger on there singing his praises, saying that he was the only guy he ever dealt with who always finished early, every single time.

Anyway, there was zero reason for LeBron to treat him like that.

And FTR, I went from really not liking LeBron, to actually understanding his career way more and rooting for him.  But anybody that is that big of a prima donna, I just can't stand that part.  And it's not some BS social media exaggerated or fabricated story.  Those were serious professionals just doing their job and doing it the right way -- with an agreed upon contract from both parties, obviously.  But the photographer was still below the King.

He's far from it. 

Jemarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Len Bias, Carey Price, Johnny Manziel, etc. are arguably "clowns" in the sense that I think you mean it. Lebron is not. 
Carey Price the hockey goalie?

LeBron gonna LeBron.   A boss doesn't wear shorts.  A leader doesn't walk off the court like that.  If he isn't a leader....then I guess it's ok.  

LeBron gonna LeBron.   A boss doesn't wear shorts.  A leader doesn't walk off the court like that.  If he isn't a leader....then I guess it's ok.  
His teammates look at him as a leader.  Who cares what the fans think about how he goes about his business.

he’s proven himself.  

Yeah, add me to the "who cares?" camp.

Lebron is who he is.  He's at the point in his life and career where he's gonna do what he wants to do and doesn't really give a damn what anyone thinks about it. He's beyond reproach in his own circle (and has been since he was 17 years old) so I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a damn what a bunch of dummies on twitter say about him.  He's not like Durant, who probably weeps  every time someone says something mean on his timeline.

Lebron fascinates me. From the time he was like 16, it was "all time great or bust". If he ended up having Paul George's career, people would have considered him a failure. But he didn't. He lived up to every bit of the hype. He obviously took some short cuts to win his titles (although I dont blame him one bit for leaving Cleveland. That organization was a total joke) but he still won them. He's a top 5 all time player and I'll be sad when he finally hangs em up.

The one thing I've never understood is the hair. Why in the world he keeps trying to rebuild that disaster blows my mind. Just shave it off bro.  Nobody cares that you're bald.

Okay so my list wasn’t all that well thought out. 

Point I’d that lebron isn’t a “clown.”  

Okay so my list wasn’t all that well thought out. 

Point I’d that lebron isn’t a “clown.”  
It's called an opinion. Kind of weird to come up with some random list of athletes to refute someone's opinion. 

Carey Price (the only player in the top-15 NHL paid list remaining in the playoffs) was an unexpected cameo in this thread.  Anyway I'm in the don't care camp - kind of stuff that people will rage tweet about if it is Lebron but otherwise wouldn't care.

Though swc has me pondering what kind of sauce Lebron used on his post-game snack :)

-QG

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Carey Price (the only player in the top-15 NHL paid list remaining in the playoffs) was an unexpected cameo in this thread.  Anyway I'm in the don't care camp - kind of stuff that people will rage tweet about if it is Lebron but otherwise wouldn't care.

Though swc has me pondering what kind of sauce Lebron used on his post-game snack :)

-QG
Yeah I got him mixed up with another player... :bag:  

stbugs said:
No ####. Dude has been hurt all year. If the game is over should he sit on the bench instead of getting closer to ready for the next game? So stupid sometimes. If he hadn’t been hurt all year he probably doesn’t leave.

Also, LOL at OP’s title with double quotes. He missed 27 games or 40% of the season and had the least amount of rest of teams still alive in a shortened offseason. Yes, he actually does get treatment and very likely after every game.
double quoted in the sense that his treatment really couldn't wait another 15 minutes....?....really...?

jobarules said:
Not really sure what the heck what his athletic ability has to do with my opinion on him being a clown.
Okay. Why do you think he's a "clown"?

LeBron is polarizing for a couple of reasons:

1. He is the second best player in the history of the game and has outperformed MJ in a few areas making the "who's the GOAT" an actual debate for the first time since 1996.
  2. He has chosen to change teams 3 times.
Everything he does is scrutinized as a result of #1 and #2 rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.  Since he is a human being, some of his decisions/actions/words will be mistakes and thus worthy of criticism.  He has been in the wrong on his twitter account/social justice warrioring more than once.  He has been a bad teammate more than once.  He has jumped ship for greener pastures more than once.  There is nothing wrong with criticizing these actions in and of themselves and his status that provides him with a platform to do some good things with social justice and to make a bazillion dollars in marketing cuts both ways.  He can't have the fame/success/honor and not deal with the criticism.  It's par for the course and he's earned all of it...the good and the bad.

All that said, he should have stayed on the bench with the team until the game was over.  Even if everyone knows it is all about him, he still needs to at least act like it isn't because for 99.999999% of the world that's the rule.

Okay. Why do you think he's a "clown"?
Let me count the ways:

1. Created the first super team just so he could win a title 

2. "The Decision"

3. Biggest star in the NBA shouldnt also be the biggest flopper

4. Basically threatened a cop "YOU'RE NEXT" when the cop was defending another African American girl from getting murdered

5. Came up with some BS excuse for the above tweet that he was talking in generalities and not talking about the cop specifically.

6. Has no issues defending CHINA saying Daryl Morey was misinformed and uneducated about Hong Kong's independence.

7. Left a blowout 6 min early because hes a sore loser.

8. His receding hair line

OK the last one is a joke but those are just the clown moments off the top of my head.

Zow said:
He's far from it. 

Jemarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Len Bias, Carey Price, Johnny Manziel, etc. are arguably "clowns" in the sense that I think you mean it. Lebron is not. 
Might want to look up what he has made of his life and reconsider.  LeBron is much more of a clown than Leaf is.

Let me count the ways:

1. Created the first super team just so he could win a title - INCORRECT

2. "The Decision" - MEH, NOT A BIG DEAL COULD HAVE BEEN WORDED BETTER BUT RAISED MONEY FOR A GOOD CAUSE

3. Biggest star in the NBA shouldnt also be the biggest flopper - HE ISN'T THE WORST, BUT DOES IT TOO MUCH

4. Basically threatened a cop "YOU'RE NEXT" when the cop was defending another African American girl from getting murdered - THIS WAS B/S AND HE DESERVED ALL THE BACKLASH

5. Came up with some BS excuse for the above tweet that he was talking in generalities and not talking about the cop specifically. - SAME AS ABOVE

6. Has no issues defending CHINA saying Daryl Morey was misinformed and uneducated about Hong Kong's independence. - SIMILAR TO ABOVE, BUT JUST REVEALED HOW DEDICATED TO SOCIAL JUSTICE HE ACTUALLY IS, WHICH IS LIKE ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE

7. Left a blowout 6 min early because hes a sore loser. - NOT A HUGE DEAL, BUT WASN'T THE BEST MOVE

8. His receding hair line - HE GOT THIS FIXED

OK the last one is a joke but those are just the clown moments off the top of my head.

Might want to look up what he has made of his life and reconsider.  LeBron is much more of a clown than Leaf is.
I did say "arguably." I concede my list was poor (just ripped off names from the top of my head) and my goal wasn't to disparage those persons. Again, I was trying to put into context the absurdity of one suggesting that the athlete who has actually lived up to the incredible hype is a "clown."

Users who are viewing this thread