What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade help: Shenault (1 Viewer)

Adso

Footballguy
PPR QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX

Give: Shenault, 2022 2nd (probably late)

Get: 1.09

I have 1.08 and 1.12.

I'm pretty set at WR with AJB, ARob, KAllen, CDavis, ABrown. No depth at RB with Chubb, Ekeler, Monty, and RB5's at best. Set at QB/TE.

The whole Urban Meyer thing with Etienne and Toney has me a little leery about Shenault, even though I think he's a stud with a lot of upside if he was used to his potential. Other team has indicated they would take this deal. 

WWYD?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did something similar.  Our rookie draft (24 team 3 round rookie / devy draft) was at pick 1.24 and Jaylen Waddle was still on the board.  I packaged the 2.24 and Shenault to move up 24 picks to 1.24 to take Waddle.  FYI, 2.24 ended up being traded again and then used to select Rhamondre Stevenson.

What do you plan to do with the pick?  When is the draft and can you wait and see what's available at that spot before making the trade?

At 1.08, 1.09, 1.12 in a 1 QB league the 3 RB's and Chase and Pitts will probably be gone.  If you're set everywhere else and need RB depth, maybe you should get a feel for if you can trade up into top-3 RB territory with two of those three picks (if you make this trade) or can get a higher pick for a package with Shenault?

I think you just need to define your goal for what you want your roster to look like and ask yourself if each deal is actually getting you closer to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be a little surprised if the other guy would accept the trade but that will wholly depend on if he likes any of the dart throw WR's that will be there at 1.09.  As Lehigh pointed out you should also put out feelers to see if moving 1.08 & 1.12 (or 1.09 if it requires it) will allow you to move up into the top 5-ish.  You would probably be better suited on that move.  

Lehigh98 said:
I think you just need to define your goal for what you want your roster to look like and ask yourself if each deal is actually getting you closer to it.
This is a great statement. I get all kinds of good deals offered, but most don't really help me. Have something written down so you have something to consider before pulling the trigger. It's ok to change what you have written down. Just known your plan has changed. 

If you want some depth at RB I would go for something with less question marks than a 1.09 pick. 

Who has the # 1.10 pick? Which players available?  Is there a benefit to someone owning a block of picks to steer the draft?  IN our 2/QB/3WR/2RB/1TE/3FLX PPR 10-team league.  I own  1.09, 1.10, 2.1, 2.3 and 2.7.  Qbs could go 1-4. maybe 1-5. I'm sending out Mock Drafts that show me taking PITTS at 2.01.    Etienne, Javonte, Pitts, Sermon.  But my goal is to get PITTS to fall and scare people into trading with me so that I can move up and get Chase, Pitts.    FYI.

People seem higher on Shenault than me and perhaps I am missing the boat.  In this case, I probably keep Shenault and the 2nd.  Not sure the 1.09 means much to me when I already have the 1.08 and 1.12.

Users who are viewing this thread