What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 rookie thread (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
A place just for 2021 rookie updates.

------------------------------------------------

The IDP Army

@TheIDPArmy

Will Jamin Davis be the quickest to make an impact out of the 2021 IDP Rookie Class?

He's the Rookie LB2 in our IDP Index and looks to have a fairly easy path to snaps.

LINK to chart  📊

I commented a month ago how I didn't really care about this safety class. I backed off that some as I'm now more receptive to Richie Grant and to a lesser degree Jevon Holland than I was then, but another name recently entered my orbit that may have already gotten to others - Hufanga. Have to squint some and look past the health questions, but there are comparisons to Eric Reid. 

Yes, I know Tony Jefferson just signed there, but I think that is more of a Tarvarius Moore injury reaction. Ensure a vet is there to be sure they're not reliant only on the oft injured Tartt and a day 3 prospect. He won't be a reason the team opts against the rook. He's just a contingency in case the rook isn't ready.

A 'handful' of rookies mentioned as 'biggest standouts' so-far.  

Interesting article more-so for 2nd year guys who 'may' make a bigger splash this year but one rookie stood out to me.

The Biggest Standout of Every NFL Team's 2021 Offseason So Far

Indianapolis Colts:  Edge Kwitty Paye

The expectation for a first-round pick is to come into a situation and provide an instant impact. That's not always the case. Though the Indianapolis Colts may have gotten exactly what they needed when general manager Chris Ballard chose defensive end Kwity Paye with this year's 21st overall pick.

Paye has been a quick study.

"He has just been outstanding so far with us, working with the D-line coaches and everybody else," defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus told reporters. "Some of the things that you look for—you say, 'What makes him great? What are the examples of that?' I would say [it's] his attention to detail."

No Colts edge-rusher currently on the roster managed more than four sacks last season. Paye should be the solution to complement DeForest Buckner's interior rush.
Buckner takes heat off.

Looks like Paye will start as a rookie so he's got a 'chance' to make a lil-noise as a rookie.

Jamin Davis looks like starting MLB for Football Team. 

Parsons looks like starting MLB for ‘Boys. Green dot. 

I just got a thrill down my leg. I drafted them at 2.05 and 2.06 in my Zealots rookie draft. Let’s hope for good health and continued progress. Word.

Not really following the games or camp news this week (vacation)... is Parsons getting full run to preserve Smith and LVE or is he already the presumed 3dlb?

Owusu-Koramoah with eight tackles and a sack in preaseason game vs. Jags. Apparently M. Wilson got hurt, so he might see time with the ones. One observation: He doesn’t wrap. In college he leveled the boom against smaller guys. Now he’s undersized and that might not work. 

I drafted him in my main dynasty IDP league at 2.11, in case anybody thinks I’m just slagging him. I noticed it in his college highlights, too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Owusu-Koramoah with eight tackles and a sack in preaseason game vs. Jags. Apparently M. Wilson got hurt, so he might see time with the ones. One observation: He doesn’t wrap. In college he leveled the boom against smaller guys. Now he’s undersized and that might not work. 

I drafted him in my main dynasty IDP league at 2.11, in case anybody thinks I’m just slagging him. I noticed it in his college highlights, too. 
JOK's debut blew a lot of people away.  (One of MANY vids that came out within hours of JOK's first game)

J.O.K LOOKS LIKE A STUD ALREADY (Preseason Week 1 Recap)

The Browns saw the mistake Arizona made last year with Isaiah Simmons where they 'tried' to exploit his talents at multiple positions which was too much.  Cleveland is limiting Jerimiah to WLB and letting him master one position first before letting the leash out further.  

He fell behind in camp and is catching up but he is making waves to the point he WILL be starting this season and the sky is the limit.  I don't know where you got him but you got a bargain.

JOK's debut blew a lot of people away.  (One of MANY vids that came out within hours of JOK's first game)

J.O.K LOOKS LIKE A STUD ALREADY (Preseason Week 1 Recap)

The Browns saw the mistake Arizona made last year with Isaiah Simmons where they 'tried' to exploit his talents at multiple positions which was too much.  Cleveland is limiting Jerimiah to WLB and letting him master one position first before letting the leash out further.  

He fell behind in camp and is catching up but he is making waves to the point he WILL be starting this season and the sky is the limit.  I don't know where you got him but you got a bargain.
I've only been doing this for two years now, so take this with a grain of salt. I know what they're saying in the immediate media. All I was saying was that he doesn't wrap and he has the size of a large defensive back, which isn't a new criticism of him. That he's being limited to WLB is for now great. What has always worried me about him is that they use him as a tweener in packages rather than as a three-down LB. That three-down LB is what we want for scoring purposes.

I won't know if I got a bargain until they really deploy him how they'll use them. Guys like Kislingbury are skeptical of slot linebackers and of Koramoah as a fantasy guy (and he's skeptical of everything, but he has a right to be in this case) because they don't get a lot of in-box tackles; rather, they're in coverage. And if you look at a bunch of the tackles JOK had the other night, they're off the ball and in coverage. There's a sack, and two or so tackles on running plays, the rest on passes. So...

I don't know what conclusion one can draw. I took him as a calculated risk, thinking maybe he'd have a Jeremy Chinn type role where he plays more of a linebacker/box DB. His number (chosen freely of course this year, but he was number six at ND) and his size make him look like a DB, frankly. If he's at WLB, all the better for me. If he's Chinn, all the better for me. But he's being called the "future" of linebacking, which means a lot of coverage. Everyone else's mileage may vary, but to me, he's a risk.

I've only been doing this for two years now, so take this with a grain of salt. I know what they're saying in the immediate media. All I was saying was that he doesn't wrap and he has the size of a large defensive back, which isn't a new criticism of him. That he's being limited to WLB is for now great. What has always worried me about him is that they use him as a tweener in packages rather than as a three-down LB. That three-down LB is what we want for scoring purposes.

I won't know if I got a bargain until they really deploy him how they'll use them. Guys like Kislingbury are skeptical of slot linebackers and of Koramoah as a fantasy guy (and he's skeptical of everything, but he has a right to be in this case) because they don't get a lot of in-box tackles; rather, they're in coverage. And if you look at a bunch of the tackles JOK had the other night, they're off the ball and in coverage. There's a sack, and two or so tackles on running plays, the rest on passes. So...

I don't know what conclusion one can draw. I took him as a calculated risk, thinking maybe he'd have a Jeremy Chinn type role where he plays more of a linebacker/box DB. His number (chosen freely of course this year, but he was number six at ND) and his size make him look like a DB, frankly. If he's at WLB, all the better for me. If he's Chinn, all the better for me. But he's being called the "future" of linebacking, which means a lot of coverage. Everyone else's mileage may vary, but to me, he's a risk.
Anyone who has been successful playing FF tempers expectations especially with a 'hyped' player but what he showed cuts through the hype.

He had two TFL and a sack so he is making plays going forward/attacking to exploit his speed/burst.  He looked like he was playing three speeds ahead of everyone on the field.  If you saw the game you also saw he 'nearly' and I mean 'nearly' blocked a punt so if your league gives points for blocked kicks (they really should if they don't) then expect bonus points.  

Another of many vids that surfaced after his big game.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is a future STAR: A Cleveland Browns Film Study:

Anyone who has been successful playing FF tempers expectations especially with a 'hyped' player but what he showed cuts through the hype.

He had two TFL and a sack so he is making plays going forward/attacking to exploit his speed/burst.  He looked like he was playing three speeds ahead of everyone on the field.  If you saw the game you also saw he 'nearly' and I mean 'nearly' blocked a punt so if your league gives points for blocked kicks (they really should if they don't) then expect bonus points.  

Another of many vids that surfaced after his big game.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is a future STAR: A Cleveland Browns Film Study:
Ah, Bracie. I hope you're right. I hope he's a star. I took him with the hopes that he'd break the mold and be a sort of uber-rover. That would be awesome. Cheering for the young man.

By the way, 2.11 really is a very high pick for somebody one thinks highly of. We have six rounds. I passed on a bunch of offense. I indeed did think he could be a stud, and do. I just hope...

you know.

rockaction said:
By the way, 2.11 really is a very high pick for somebody one thinks highly of. We have six rounds. I passed on a bunch of offense. I indeed did think he could be a stud, and do. I just hope...

you know.
That is high but he'll go right around there if not sooner in my Browns dominate FF league.  Have no clue of the history of your league but in our dynasty league offense goes in the first especially top RBs but by the end of the 1st if a blue-chip MLB is their they won't last to the bottom of the 2nd.  

If he hits and I think he will then you're looking at high RB 2 FF points which is a very-good value at pick 2.11

Its a good long-term investment/pick and he 'could' pay dividends his rookie season because they won't be able to keep him off the field.  

Last edited by a moderator:
That is high but he'll go right around there if not sooner in my Browns dominate FF league.  Have no clue of the history of your league but in our dynasty league offense goes in the first especially top RBs but by the end of the 1st if a blue-chip MLB is their they won't last to the bottom of the 2nd.  

If he hits and I think he will then you're looking at high RB 2 FF points which is a very-good value at pick 2.11

Its a good long-term investment/pick and he 'could' pay dividends his rookie season because they won't be able to keep him off the field.  
I agree. Your league sounds a lot like mine. I sent a PM so I don't muck up the thread too much. If Karamoah is one the field at LB consistently, it was all worth it.

Not really following the games or camp news this week (vacation)... is Parsons getting full run to preserve Smith and LVE or is he already the presumed 3dlb?
Kislingbury has a breakdown of snaps played in the preseason for Dallas LBs on Twitter today.

https://twitter.com/TomKislingbury/status/1427677455725236227

Says you can't glean anything from the information for certain, but the data denotes two things

1) LVE and Smith are on the field together in the preseason a lot. Almost all the time.
2) Parsons and Neal are on the field together in the preseason a lot. Almost all the time.

What does this suggest? To me, honestly, it suggests that LVE and Smith are the two-down guys while Parsons will rotate in when they need three LBs, as he is in the field with LVE half of the time when Parsons generally isn't. I honestly don't know what Dallas plans to do. I'd pump the brakes on Parsons in redraft, though.

Update: IDP Guys think it’s Parsons and Neal, per Twitter.

Link posted in the 3DLB thread from another site that expects Parsons to be the top dog, as well. Smith v. Neal is a very interesting development. Neal is still listed as S in MFL system, though I expect that to change... maybe. 🙄

Link posted in the 3DLB thread from another site that expects Parsons to be the top dog, as well. Smith v. Neal is a very interesting development. Neal is still listed as S in MFL system, though I expect that to change... maybe. 🙄

Pretty certain Neal is changing.

I have Barnes and Z Collins.   Really upset about Collins.   He looked like a monster in preseason.   Gotta wait for injuries i guess.   Since its a keeper league i will hold them for now.   Both seem legit.   

I have Barnes and Z Collins.   Really upset about Collins.   He looked like a monster in preseason.   Gotta wait for injuries i guess.   Since its a keeper league i will hold them for now.   Both seem legit.   
Collins is getting the Simmons treatment from last year.  

JOK about to blow-up.

----------------------------------

Benjamin Solak@BenjaminSolak

Lost in all the Fields talk was another rookie: Browns LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah. Young man was playing outside of his mind on Sunday. Pre-snap recognition, explosive + physical, strong through the catch point. Wicked fun film.

(Look for the white long sleeves)  >>> 🎥  VIDEO

Lions cut Collins so is it Barnes time?  I would roster if available and hold to see how the play time shakes out.  

I don't know.   I think I only saw 3-4 players I'd personally keep on that roster.   I'd have a firesale on everyone else for whatever I could get.  That's what makes it fun though; the climb.  My Zealots team is mostly on autopilot now.  I tinker with it some, but mostly I'm waiting for age to catch up with me enough to tear it down again.

Micah Parson's danger showed up yesterday. He had one tackle and one assist. I'll bet he played DE all game. His designation probably cost a bunch of people 'ships yesterday. Gotta feel for them and worry about his designation and deployment going forward. Kislingbury alluded to it either the other night or last night when all the shoutin' was over. 

Micah Parson's danger showed up yesterday. He had one tackle and one assist. I'll bet he played DE all game. His designation probably cost a bunch of people 'ships yesterday. Gotta feel for them and worry about his designation and deployment going forward. Kislingbury alluded to it either the other night or last night when all the shoutin' was over. 
He did not play DE all game long.  In fact when he did he was causing havoc.  With Lawerence and Gregory back he was in the middle a lot in a traditional LB role.  They almost need to use him like Polamalu back in the day (except for playing deep at times).  Let him free lance and get all over the play chasing plays down.  His speed and athleticism are what make him great.  Let him use it.  

Users who are viewing this thread