What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No. I dont want to download your app. (1 Viewer)

parasaurolophus

Footballguy
What is the deal with every place now having an app and doing everything they can to get you to use it? 

I am in the process of moving to Superior, CO. Wanted to learn what day trash pick up was and what goes into the recycling bin and if anything was every other week. Also needed to schedule a large item pickup. Also i have 4 trash bins and two recycling bins. Wanted to get one of each of those picked up. 

At every turn she tried to get me to download an app. Who wants an app for their trash service? What is wrong with a webpage or just answering my questions? Almost every solution involved having to make a phone call or a fax or email. I have to schedule pickup via phone and have to call exactly one business day in advance. Cant do it via app. Have to fill out a request for bin pickup and send in. Cant do via app. 

What is the deal with every place now having an app and doing everything they can to get you to use it? 

I am in the process of moving to Superior, CO. Wanted to learn what day trash pick up was and what goes into the recycling bin and if anything was every other week. Also needed to schedule a large item pickup. Also i have 4 trash bins and two recycling bins. Wanted to get one of each of those picked up. 

At every turn she tried to get me to download an app. Who wants an app for their trash service? What is wrong with a webpage or just answering my questions? Almost every solution involved having to make a phone call or a fax or email. I have to schedule pickup via phone and have to call exactly one business day in advance. Cant do it via app. Have to fill out a request for bin pickup and send in. Cant do via app. 
It would probably help if you followed them on TikTok 

Comcast insists that I can transact any business on their app.  No thank you, I'm not a customer, not downloading your app.  Doing this for a parent and I'm deeply suspicious that you'll be able to take the router MAC address through the app.  

I assume because some high paid executives have the idea that apps are huge right now and so they spend money to develop an app. Then once you’ve spent the money to make an app, you will look bad if people don’t download and use it so you come up with ways to force them to download it.  

Innovation!

Comcast insists that I can transact any business on their app.  No thank you, I'm not a customer, not downloading your app.  Doing this for a parent and I'm deeply suspicious that you'll be able to take the router MAC address through the app.  
Comcast irritated me too. I had that in the post originally but decided to leave it out since i figured people might call me a get off my lawn type for that. 

I have been able to find a way to do everything so far without an app although it wasnt easy. 

You know what would be useful ? ONE APP that would let you connect with multiple businesses or services who have an internet presence.  Maybe with some way to search or "browse" to find the information you're looking for.

Maybe someone will develop this - you could call it a "browser" or something.

I assume because some high paid executives have the idea that apps are huge right now and so they spend money to develop an app. Then once you’ve spent the money to make an app, you will look bad if people don’t download and use it so you come up with ways to force them to download it.  

Innovation!
This guy bureaucratizes 

Its very difficult to attend a sporting event or concert without multiple apps. 
Like Where to find the bathroom?
For Bucks games, I need the Bucks app and Ticketmaster app.  For Brewers games, you pretty much have to have the MLB app. as no one has paper tickets and the only way to share tickets is through the app.  Last month, I tried taking a picture of my friend's phone while he had our tickets pulled up - didn't work very well for me so I got the app.  Most every concert venue now uses Ticketmaster or AXS - app is mandatory for the latter other than using will-call. Buying paper tickets at the venue box office or having them mailed is more and more difficult, or generates additional fees.

Also that’s probably a good modern Seinfeld episode 

“Jerry needs to download a new app for restaurant reservations with his date but he’s out of space and doesn’t want to delete anything”

i want an app that removes other apps that would be what some people call irony and its like a black fly in your sharadonay take that to the bank brohans 

This is your problem.  Perhaps if you had moved to Inferior, CO they wouldn't have developed an app yet.

For Bucks games, I need the Bucks app and Ticketmaster app.  For Brewers games, you pretty much have to have the MLB app. as no one has paper tickets and the only way to share tickets is through the app.  Last month, I tried taking a picture of my friend's phone while he had our tickets pulled up - didn't work very well for me so I got the app.  Most every concert venue now uses Ticketmaster or AXS - app is mandatory for the latter other than using will-call. Buying paper tickets at the venue box office or having them mailed is more and more difficult, or generates additional fees.
Its crazy.  I've had to use ticketmaster, AXS, Flash Seats, MLB Ballpark all for different sporting events alone in the last few years.  I need a "Tickets" app that can automatically access each one of those apps and get my tickets to me w/o needing to sign up for each individually.  Someone get on that.

My favorite is when their app just ends up turning into a web browser and goes to the companies web page. 🤢

This thread is the equivalent of get offa my lawn.  Companies that survey their userbase find that the millenial and younger demographic provide consistent and overwhelming feedback that they prefer using app's to interact with companies they have relationships with. Older customers prefer phones, face to face, hard copies, and the like.

I like options, myself.  I'm more annoyed by all the apps that companies put out that are just crap, and don't provide the functionality I need.  Gen X here, so I really just want to get by... 

This thread is the equivalent of get offa my lawn.  Companies that survey their userbase find that the millenial and younger demographic provide consistent and overwhelming feedback that they prefer using app's to interact with companies they have relationships with. Older customers prefer phones, face to face, hard copies, and the like.

I like options, myself.  I'm more annoyed by all the apps that companies put out that are just crap, and don't provide the functionality I need.  Gen X here, so I really just want to get by... 
There is always one! 

Users who are viewing this thread