What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 College football thread - Auburn’s gotta Auburn. (2 Viewers)

Apparently Dan Patrick (the good one) is reporting there is mutual interest between USC and James Franklin. That's interesting.

I do find the narratives interesting - 

Coach A at current school:

-51-22 (69.8%) (overall) 

-34-16 (68%) (conference)

-Weeks in top 5: 19

-Weeks in top 10: 31

Coach B at current school:

-62-28 (68.8%) (overall) 

-39-23 (62.9%) (conference)

-Weeks in top 5: 9

-Weeks in top 10: 28

Coach B may be getting the USC job (Franklin, obviously). Coach A is considered a complete failure (Harbaugh).

Can't help but think that if the ref (correctly) calls JT Barrett short on fourth down in 2016, it'd be a very different narrative. Oh well.

I do find the narratives interesting - 

Coach A at current school:

-51-22 (69.8%) (overall) 

-34-16 (68%) (conference)

-Weeks in top 5: 19

-Weeks in top 10: 31

Coach B at current school:

-62-28 (68.8%) (overall) 

-39-23 (62.9%) (conference)

-Weeks in top 5: 9

-Weeks in top 10: 28

Coach B may be getting the USC job (Franklin, obviously). Coach A is considered a complete failure (Harbaugh).

Can't help but think that if the ref (correctly) calls JT Barrett short on fourth down in 2016, it'd be a very different narrative. Oh well.
I don't think Harbaugh is considered a complete failure.  Brady Hoke was a complete failure.  Rich Rod was a complete failure.  Harbaugh still has a job.  

I guess I would ask what Harbaugh's signature win has been at Michigan?  He also has to find a way to beat Ohio State because for some Michiganders, that's ALL that matters.  

I don't think Harbaugh is considered a complete failure.  Brady Hoke was a complete failure.  Rich Rod was a complete failure.  Harbaugh still has a job.  

I guess I would ask what Harbaugh's signature win has been at Michigan?  He also has to find a way to beat Ohio State because for some Michiganders, that's ALL that matters.  

Probably their absolute dismantling of ND in 2019.  

I was rooting for Oregon last week. But…Stony Brook??? Such an embarrassment to schedule teams like this. Guess Bard College wasn’t available? 

Northern Illinois is a 27.5 point underdog in Ann Arbor. And on 4th and 2 from the 4 they ... kicked a fg. #shakemyhead

Its now 14-3 MI. 

West Virginia is currently up by 2 TDs on #15 VT, who I recall as being fairly consistently overrated.
That's been an odd game. WV was going in to make it 31-7 right before half and VT took the ball away, went right down the field, lost a review on a TD catch, and failed to score. 24-7, WV.

Coastal Carolina & Buffalo is a fun one on ESPN2. 21-17, CCU

I was rooting for Oregon last week. But…Stony Brook??? Such an embarrassment to schedule teams like this. Guess Bard College wasn’t available? 
Dude, they just played at Ohio State last week so even with Stoney Brook their non conference schedule is way harder than most teams.  Don't take Fresno State lightly as they will give your Bruins a game today.

I continue to not see it with Rattler. Whoever takes him really early in the draft is going to regret it 
That’ll probably be Detroit’s mistake.

ETA: Speaking of stink, UConn has given up over 300 rushing yards to Army, and there’s still a quarter to play. They know what they’re going to do and still can’t stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan State is definitely an improved and good team. At least in the top 25 - not sure how high is appropriate but somewhere.

But I am not particularly impressed with Miami. They just make so many damn mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, they just played at Ohio State last week so even with Stoney Brook their non conference schedule is way harder than most teams.  Don't take Fresno State lightly as they will give your Bruins a game today.

Tim has been on this bizarre crusade for a long time now.  I remember having this discussion like 7 years ago.  He's always had this weird thing where he thinks playing OOC games against Vandy, Wake Forest, and Rutgers is tougher than playing against Clemson, Ohio State, and Stoneybrook just because the former schedule includes all FBS teams.

I continue to not see it with Rattler. Whoever takes him really early in the draft is going to regret it 
I was hopeful my Texans would get him next year. Is he really that off this far? Not liking what I see at all from Howell either. 

Jack Coan stinking it up again. This is not a good Notre Dame team at all. Almost surely will see more of Buchner than expected this year. The OL is especially awful, odd given preseason accolades. 

Hasn't Adrian Martinez been playing for like 10 years now?  How does this guy still stand there and calmly take two sacks with under a minute left when he had plenty of opportunity to throw the ball away.

Hasn't Adrian Martinez been playing for like 10 years now?  How does this guy still stand there and calmly take two sacks with under a minute left when he had plenty of opportunity to throw the ball away.
Worst part was the 5 yard check down. Lol. I was in awe. 

He’s never been a quick decision maker.  That’s his major problem. Still happy to have the chance to win. 

@DanWolken: Manny Diaz’s odds of making it through the season are about as good as the cat from last week that was hanging on the upper deck. Will need a similar miracle.

oooofffff

:woodshed:

@APMarkLong: CBS, citing coach Dan Mullen, says Gators QB Anthony Richardson (hamstring) will only play in an emergency role vs Alabama 

But he's medically cleared

Users who are viewing this thread