What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 College football thread - Auburn’s gotta Auburn. (2 Viewers)

OU has won the Big 12 14 out of the last 21 years (Stoops and Riley era), with nothing longer than a 3-year drought during that period. It has gotten pretty ridiculous. 

General Malaise said:
Jussssssssssssst might find the sledding a little tougher moving forward.  

Right, which I think would be welcome within the fanbase at this point. More importantly they've won exactly one "national championship" over that time period, so while I've always appreciated beating the schlubs that happen to be located nearby, hopefully they'll be better prepared to win when it matters. 

also I started drinking early today and am feisty, I don't think there are many Big 12 guys around here but I love you all and good luck and stuff. 

Right, which I think would be welcome within the fanbase at this point. More importantly they've won exactly one "national championship" over that time period, so while I've always appreciated beating the schlubs that happen to be located nearby, hopefully they'll be better prepared to win when it matters. 

also I started drinking early today and am feisty, I don't think there are many Big 12 guys around here but I love you all and good luck and stuff. 

Oh, it's an exciting move for sure. I think they sharpen up their defense under their DC and join the SEC as a more balanced team.  They'll have more success than Texas.  At least initially.  IMO.  I have little faith in Sark. 

I read elsewhere that OU and Texas aren't really rivals anymore, they are like a married couple, and it did make me kinda sad. It's crazy how they've been in absolute lockstep this entire time. 

I read elsewhere that OU and Texas aren't really rivals anymore, they are like a married couple, and it did make me kinda sad. It's crazy how they've been in absolute lockstep this entire time. 
Sometimes married couples that hate each other make it work for the betterment of their family's future.  They tend to sleep in separate beds.  

Not that I know anything about that or anything.....

I’m pretty sure they don’t want us. I am resigned to the real possibility of joining the AAC. Not sure how hyped I can get to have Army or Temple roll into Morgantown.
Oh come on!  West Virginia would be a natural fit for the ACC and immediately becomes a player for bridesmaid to Clemson.  The football team was THIS close to becoming a national brand at one point.  Don't sell yourself short.  Take Cincy and Luke Fickell with you and it gets pretty interesting.  IMO. 

PAC-12 should make a pass at Baylor and Kansas.  Gives hoops an immediate boost and might actually help revive moribund football program at KU.

Oh come on!  West Virginia would be a natural fit for the ACC and immediately becomes a player for bridesmaid to Clemson.  The football team was THIS close to becoming a national brand at one point.  Don't sell yourself short.  Take Cincy and Luke Fickell with you and it gets pretty interesting.  IMO. 

PAC-12 should make a pass at Baylor and Kansas.  Gives hoops an immediate boost and might actually help revive moribund football program at KU.
The WVU athletic program would be a good addition but the fact is they don't add any TV money so it would be dividing up basically the same amount of money by more schools.  

almost no chance WVU gets in the ACC. Only chance seems to be if Notre Dame joins and they need a 16th. 

Oh my god it would be hysterical if this cost ESPN the playoff. 
I saw something yesterday about people worrying that ESPN may end up with a monopoly essentially by having $EC, ACC, and the playoff. 
I mean, there is something to be said for opening up the competition to others. The WWL only has 4 channels. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
@achristovichh: TCU Chancellor Boschini: "We're going to try to make the Big 12 great again." 

MY GOODNESS

@ToddFuhrman: Conference expansion and realignment doesn’t do a single thing to strengthen the college athletics blueprint instead it moves us closer to a model that makes college football / college basketball, etc obsolete 

Think junior hockey or soccer academies; that’s the next evolution

JaxBill said:
@achristovichh: TCU Chancellor Boschini: "We're going to try to make the Big 12 great again." 

MY GOODNESS
love the guy saying to Texas that you are 2-7 against TCU — maybe your fans would prefer to lose to Alabama than TCU.

They were on a tear.  

Bucknuts: OSU enters into group NIL licensing agreement

I also saw three OSU players were signing at Easton Town Center (a HUGE mall on the northeast side of Columbus).  You could get all three autographs for $65.

Franklin County are literally shouting TAKE MY MONEY at these guys.  That town is madly in love with their poisonous nut team, and will shell out the big bucks (no pun intended) to get photos and autographed gear.

I'm curious how this will shake out among the bigger schools.  Schools like Columbus in big cities vs. someone like Penn State which has a more rural population. (State College becomes Pennsylvania's third biggest city on home game days.)

@colin_dunlap: On our show just a moment ago, Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi called the Name, Image, Likeness situation with schools like Alabama and their quarterback "legalized cheating"

@colin_dunlap: On our show just a moment ago, Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi called the Name, Image, Likeness situation with schools like Alabama and their quarterback "legalized cheating"
Narduzzi is just chapped because all his Pitt players can scare up is free food for the starting QB and his O-line.  :lmao:  

Alabama quarterback Bryce Young has yet to start a collegiate game, but he’s already agreed to roughly $1 million in name, image and likeness rights deals. Pitt quarterback Kenny Pickett, by contrast, got himself and his offensive linemen a free meal every week.
Nobody wants to play at Pitt, and as Madden points out, they're a red-headed stepchild to the rest of the ACC.

I think when you look at the history of the NCAA and what led us here, the whore that ran up 1k in room service on Mike Price is probably at the top two or three.  

It's rollin' baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP to the man who lived his mantra of Faith, Family, and Football.

I’ll always remember when he turned down Bama to follow Perkins, because he felt the powers that be would meddle too much...which was a brilliant decision obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread