What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 College football thread - Auburn’s gotta Auburn. (1 Viewer)

Tom Servo said:
If they do this they need to make sure there is a constant rotation of games between the usc/Oregon/Clemson/FSU/Miami/Michigan/ohio/penn st groups. Nobody and I mean nobody needs to watch Clemson/Rutgers because we need to pretend all teams are equal. 

One of the many dumb things the ACC did when they brought Notre Dame in was to give them games against Duke and Wake and have them only play the big 3 trio every four years. Give people the games they want if you want the money. 

While these plans are still in the works, it does appear the Big 12 will not be included in the alliance.

”ouch”

If they do this they need to make sure there is a constant rotation of games between the usc/Oregon/Clemson/FSU/Miami/Michigan/ohio/penn st groups. Nobody and I mean nobody needs to watch Clemson/Rutgers because we need to pretend all teams are equal. 

One of the many dumb things the ACC did when they brought Notre Dame in was to give them games against Duke and Wake and have them only play the big 3 trio every four years. Give people the games they want if you want the money. 
Wisconsin :kicksrock:

Lol didn’t want to list every team. Big has more than the other two. 
I mostly just wanted to sehorn this topic. 

But there's some good football in Wisconsin. It isn't just 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Miami (that you listed) has been smoked by Wisconsin in 2 recent bowl games. Sorry if it was cold that one time. If the southern teams came north just 2 times per season the narrative might be a little different imo. And that's ok.

Watch Kansas win 7+ games in the next 3 years. Lance Leopold won a number of D3 championships at UW whitewater, then went to Buffalo and helped them be semi respectable. Dude can coach

All I'm saying is Wisconsin football is solid. Not the best, not the worst. Deserving of 10-15 ranking. Every 5 years or so involved in national discussion which is fine

Alabama still plays mercer

But there's some good football in Wisconsin. It isn't just 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Miami (that you listed) has been smoked by Wisconsin in 2 recent bowl games. Sorry if it was cold that one time. If the southern teams came north just 2 times per season the narrative might be a little different imo. And that's ok.
The lack of northern games for southern teams is changing with the home and home new strategy...Bama is going to ND, Ohio St, and Wisconsin in the next 7 years (plus at Oklahoma, Texas, WVU, and FSU) for example. Will be great...also great to see more OOC come to the home stadiums in the south.

Agree too that UW is an underrated brand...big fan base, revenue. and consistently win. Definitely surpassed Miami.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what alliance means in this context. I hope that the MAC, Sun Belt, et al can still get non-conference games against the P5 (4?) schools. Would hate to see schools like Tulsa or North Texas lose the opportunity to fund their entire athletic department by playing a couple road games. 

Reading further, it seems like the allure of an “alliance” is to be able to control the rules and postseason format of CFB. If it were to happen I don’t think it’d have a huge impact on scheduling. Basically just a voting bloc 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what alliance means in this context. I hope that the MAC, Sun Belt, et al can still get non-conference games against the P5 (4?) schools. Would hate to see schools like Tulsa or North Texas lose the opportunity to fund their entire athletic department by playing a couple road games. 
At this point, I'm going to say the division between haves and have nots is being created.  The Big 12 and G5 schools will be left in the cold. 

If I'm Penn State, why would I bother scheduling a cupcake like Kent State when I can just easily schedule a Power conference cupcake like Vanderbilt, Duke, or Oregon State.  That way, the money stays in house with the Super Elite Tier of Schools.  Without the cash cow of taking a beating from Alabama, the border line D1 schools will be forced to take a serious look at FCS.

Just my :2cents:  

The lack of northern games for southern teams is changing with the home and home new strategy...Bama is going to ND, Ohio St, and Wisconsin in the next 7 years (plus at Oklahoma, Texas, WVU, and FSU) for example. Will be great...also great to see more OOC come to the home stadiums in the south..
In November?

Reading further, it seems like the allure of an “alliance” is to be able to control the rules and postseason format of CFB. If it were to happen I don’t think it’d have a huge impact on scheduling. Basically just a voting bloc 
One of those athletic reporters said it would be both a scheduling bloc and voting alliance to split up the rights to the playoff. Like how the nfl has 3-4 tv networks show their playoffs. 

Watch Kansas win 7+ games in the next 3 years. Lance Leopold won a number of D3 championships at UW whitewater, then went to Buffalo and helped them be semi respectable. Dude can coach

All I'm saying is Wisconsin football is solid. Not the best, not the worst. Deserving of 10-15 ranking. Every 5 years or so involved in national discussion which is fine

Alabama still plays mercer
Lol it wasn’t a slight at wiscy at all. I was sitting in my car ordering food when I made the post. 

But that game against Northwest Southern Alabama Tech is still on, right?  :pokey:  
Even with a 9-10 game SEC schedule I’m not sure we’ll ever see the pre-rivalry weekend get much stronger. Maybe upgrade to powers like Villanova.

Didnt make much difference without that week last year though.

Week 0 schedule:

Nebraska at Illinois 1 p.m. Fox 

Hawaii at UCLA 3:30 p.m. ESPN

UConn at Fresno State TBD CBS Sports Network

Southern Utah at San Jose State TBD CBSSN

UTEP at New Mexico State TBD N/A

I'm a big fan of the narrative, "if those southern schools would come north in november, we'd finally beat them."   

Under 40 degrees and Saban/Dabo/Jimbo/etc forget how to coach.

FOH

Week 0 schedule:

Nebraska at Illinois 1 p.m. Fox 

Hawaii at UCLA 3:30 p.m. ESPN

UConn at Fresno State TBD CBS Sports Network

Southern Utah at San Jose State TBD CBSSN

UTEP at New Mexico State TBD N/A

Can't figure out why one of these isn't on Sunday the 29th.  Give me football each and every weekend day from here on out please.

I'm a big fan of the narrative, "if those southern schools would come north in november, we'd finally beat them."   

FOH
Or Wisconsin can just beat, oh I dunno, let's say Auburn in Florida in January. That warm enough? Might need a windbreaker. Don't want those boys getting the sniffles

FOH your face

Or Wisconsin can just beat, oh I dunno, let's say Auburn in Florida in January. That warm enough? Might need a windbreaker. Don't want those boys getting the sniffles

FOH your face

Congrats on beating a #### program run into the ground by a #### coach.

Not sure what that has to do with games in the north, but you need a win so take this one.

FOH
We just wanna see if you southern boys can handle the cold. Real men play football in cold weather. :pokey:

ESPN's college football game day theme is god awful. 

ESPN SEC Game Theme is pretty cool and goes with the territory. Looking forward to the SEC being crowned champ in the BCS whoever that maybe.

Some speculation on what the B1G, ACC, Pac-12 alliance could look like from a scheduling perspective.  

https://www.si.com/college/bostoncollege/football/big-ten-pac-12-acc-alliance-schedule-example
Those are nice, but I'm starting to get the impression that the ACC isn't bringing a lot to the table.  Outside of Clemson, Florida State and maybe Miami, what other team would be boost to the other two conferences?  Right now, I'm leaving out UNC as I'm in a wait-and-see approach with them.  Are they moving up, or this is a Maryland/Kansas thing where they're good for a time, and then go back to sucking.

Those are nice, but I'm starting to get the impression that the ACC isn't bringing a lot to the table.  Outside of Clemson, Florida State and maybe Miami, what other team would be boost to the other two conferences?  Right now, I'm leaving out UNC as I'm in a wait-and-see approach with them.  Are they moving up, or this is a Maryland/Kansas thing where they're good for a time, and then go back to sucking.
Depends what you're asking.  Teams that bring TV ratings are Clemson, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, and UNC when they're good like now. 

What does the alliance bring the B1G?  The opportunity to put the Big 10 network at the higher cost in Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Richmond, and Boston.  As well as LA, SF, Seattle, Denver, etc... in the PAC12 region. 

What else does the alliance do?  It dictates to the SEC what the future of the playoff will be instead of the other way around.

Not sure if it was confirmed but both Miami and FSU were enquiring about joining the SEC recently so if that were to happen who is left in the ACC? 

AAABatteries said:
All the good teams?

Only Clemson and even then I'm hesitant to say they are a great team. Don't get me wrong they've beaten some good programs in the BCS Playoffs but I question if their conference schedule overall is more of a product of them being great 

Users who are viewing this thread