What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Mercy Leagues (1 Viewer)

rzrback77

Footballguy
Just checking out who participates in the Footballguy Forums and also is an owner in No Mercy Leagues?

I began a year ago in Guppy and finished second, so I moved up to Piranha for 2021. Anybody else in and what is your history?

Years ago, I was involved with No Mercy for several years, as both a Player and a Commissioner. When I joined, they actually had a 'Bait Bucket' - Maggots and Grubs - that one had to advance through to actually become a Guppy, etc. It was a while ago, but IIRC, I may have been one of the first to advance from the Bucket all the way up to Great White. When I started getting heavily involved in National High Stakes Contests, I dropped out of many great free and low-$ Entry Leagues out of respect, as I didn't have the capacity to pay the kind of attention necessary for success that most great Leagues demand. I really enjoyed my time there. Great people, and challenging. Lots of acumen-rich, OG FBG's involved back in the day.

I was wondering recently if the No Mercy league was still around.....was a member 15 or so years ago for several years, starting as a Maggot advancing to Pirhana.....didn't quite make it to the Great White division. Glad to hear its keeping on. Always great fun and super competitive every year no matter your division. Moving up the ranks was not easy. I learned a lot participating in No Mercy and am grateful for those experiences and my time involved. 

Good luck Rzr!

Been in for 12 or so years. Generally been in the Piranha or Hammerhead area with a couple of ventures up to Great White. Currently there as I won Piranha last year. 

I have been in for 3 years.....won the Guppy league my first year.....advanced to Barracuda the next year ....and then to Piranha.....

probably had my best team heading into last year as I had first pick and .......Brady/Goff....CMC, CEH, Hunt, Mike Evans, AJ Brown, JuJu, TY, Marvin, Samuel, TJ Hock, Gesicki, and Rams DST....and was able to pick up Justin Jefferson.......finished 7-7, lost the HTH tiebreaker even though I was 4th in the league avg points scored....more points than the other 7-7 teams ...my points against was just ridiculous compared to everybody else....if I had CMC I crush......

not sure what league I will be in next year with the ladder system.....fun league even though some rules I really don't like at all....

Stinkin Ref said:
I have been in for 3 years.....won the Guppy league my first year.....advanced to Barracuda the next year ....and then to Piranha.....

probably had my best team heading into last year as I had first pick and .......Brady/Goff....CMC, CEH, Hunt, Mike Evans, AJ Brown, JuJu, TY, Marvin, Samuel, TJ Hock, Gesicki, and Rams DST....and was able to pick up Justin Jefferson.......finished 7-7, lost the HTH tiebreaker even though I was 4th in the league avg points scored....more points than the other 7-7 teams ...my points against was just ridiculous compared to everybody else....if I had CMC I crush......

not sure what league I will be in next year with the ladder system.....fun league even though some rules I really don't like at all....
I am in Piranha and we are starting the draft as early as tomorrow. A couple have already started.

I didn't respond in time and got dropped to to Guppy.....oh well...

******  just fyi....they are looking for someone to replace an owner in the league I am in (Guppy).....we are in the third round, that team has Henry/Jefferson on board and the 4th pick....so 3.04 coming up soon.....

Ref....guppy league through 10

1.09    Ekeler, Austin LAC RB9    
2.04    Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB12    
3.09    Waller, Darren LVR TE2    
4.04    Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR15   
5.09    Davis, Mike ATL RB25    
6.04    Chark, D.J. JAC WR27    
7.09    Herbert, Justin LAC QB9    
8.04    Williams, Mike LAC WR35    
9.09    Samuel, Curtis WAS WR45    
10.04    Brown, Antonio TBB WR48

felt light at WR for a bit....but feel I was able to make up a little ground there....couldn't pass on Davis there in the 5th....starting to like him a lot    

My team drafted for Piranha, drafted at the #4 position immediately following @Aaron Rudnicki I believe.

QB - Tom Brady QB7 at 6.9, Sam Darnold QB24 at 17.4 & Zach Wilson QB25 at 18.9

RB - Alvin Kamara RB4 at 1.4, Cam Akers RB13 at 2.9 & DAndre Swift RB16 at 3.4

WR - Ceedee Lamb WR20 at 5.4, Juju Smith-Schuster WR30 at 7.4, Robby Anderson WR37 at 8.9, DeVonta Smith WR41 at 9.4, T. Y. Hilton WR50 at 11.4, Darnell Mooney WR56 at 12.9 & Elijah Moore WR59 at 13.4

TE - Mark Andrews TE5 at 4.9, Tyler Higbee TE13 at 10.9 & Adam Trautman TE23 at 16.9

PK - Butker PK4 at 15.4

DST - New England DST8 at 14.9

Comments, good and bad accepted.

I did No Mercy for many years. Won a few of them. Got to the top level multiple times but never won the Great White league. Almost always made the playoffs and then would have a week where my entire team would do close to nothing. Nothing like laying an egg in the most important part of the season.

My team drafted for Piranha, drafted at the #4 position immediately following @Aaron Rudnicki I believe.

WR - Ceedee Lamb WR20 at 5.4, Juju Smith-Schuster WR30 at 7.4, Robby Anderson WR37 at 8.9, DeVonta Smith WR41 at 9.4, T. Y. Hilton WR50 at 11.4, Darnell Mooney WR56 at 12.9 & Elijah Moore WR59 at 13.4

TE - Mark Andrews TE5 at 4.9, Tyler Higbee TE13 at 10.9 & Adam Trautman TE23 at 16.9

PK - Butker PK4 at 15.4

IMO, too many QB and WR. Nowhere near enough RB. Probably one too many TEs. Since there is no flex in No Mercy, you can only start 3 WR. I probably would have drafted one less QB, WR, and TE and taken 3 more RB instead. Also, since it's 0 PPR, middle of the road WR and TE are more a dime a dozen than having a lot of value. I also remember RB were always hoarded and very hard to come by . . . not many on the wire and people were reluctant to trade them. Good luck . . .

IMO, too many QB and WR. Nowhere near enough RB. Probably one too many TEs. Since there is no flex in No Mercy, you can only start 3 WR. I probably would have drafted one less QB, WR, and TE and taken 3 more RB instead. Also, since it's 0 PPR, middle of the road WR and TE are more a dime a dozen than having a lot of value. I also remember RB were always hoarded and very hard to come by . . . not many on the wire and people were reluctant to trade them. Good luck . . .
We went to PPR recently.

I've been in NM since the start.

I won Great White back in '13.

We went to PPR recently.

I've been in NM since the start.

I won Great White back in '13.
Shows what I know. In that case, it probably makes sense to draft WR sooner and maybe carry one more than previously. But I still think only rostering 3 RB is looking for trouble. But everyone runs their squad differently.

I always found that there were borderline WR fill-in's / in a pinch starters available on the wire (at least guys that would score enough that you could start them). But there was rarely a RB you could pick up and play that week. That hardly ever happened in my leagues. Maybe things have changed in the past couple of years, but guys still hoarded RBs when I was around.

QB - Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB at 6.2, Hurts, Jalen PHI QB at 8.2

RB - Jones, Aaron GBP RB at 1.11, Gaskin, Myles MIA RB at 4.2  , Davis, Mike ATL RB at 5.11, Mattison, Alexander MIN RB at 12.2, Penny, Rashaad SEA RB at 16.2, Ballage, Kalen PIT RB at 17.11

WR - Diggs, Stefon BUF WR at 2.2, Lockett, Tyler SEA WR at 3.11    , Smith, DeVonta PHI WR (R) at 9.11, Landry, Jarvis CLE WR at 10.2, Hardman, Mecole KCC WR at 11.11, Watkins, Sammy BAL WR at 15.11,     Marshall, Terrace CAR WR (R) at 18.2

TE - Thomas, Logan WAS TE at 7.11

K - Butker, Harrison KCC PK at 13.11

DEF - 49ers, San Francisco SFO Def at 14.2

for critique.. 2021 Hammerhead Lg

QB - Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB at 6.2, Hurts, Jalen PHI QB at 8.2

RB - Jones, Aaron GBP RB at 1.11, Gaskin, Myles MIA RB at 4.2  , Davis, Mike ATL RB at 5.11, Mattison, Alexander MIN RB at 12.2, Penny, Rashaad SEA RB at 16.2, Ballage, Kalen PIT RB at 17.11

WR - Diggs, Stefon BUF WR at 2.2, Lockett, Tyler SEA WR at 3.11    , Smith, DeVonta PHI WR (R) at 9.11, Landry, Jarvis CLE WR at 10.2, Hardman, Mecole KCC WR at 11.11, Watkins, Sammy BAL WR at 15.11,     Marshall, Terrace CAR WR (R) at 18.2

TE - Thomas, Logan WAS TE at 7.11

K - Butker, Harrison KCC PK at 13.11

DEF - 49ers, San Francisco SFO Def at 14.2

for critique.. 2021 Hammerhead Lg
This is more aligned to what I found for positional distribution for No Mercy teams. I think Rodgers will stay in GB and won't miss time, but there is a non-zero chance he opts to hold out or miss a lot of time. I am not sold on Hurts and for my liking would probably have taken someone else like Stafford, Tannehill, or Ryan (who were all still available). I think Rodgers slides some this year mostly because he was so good last year. He and Jones are regression candidates.

Your WRs are strong, so you probably won't need to use the bottom 3 guys very much. I haven't looked at all the rosters, but I would think this would be one of the top teams. WAYYY better than rzrback's team in Piranha (it goes without saying I'm only kidding . . . as far as you know).

final product

STINKIN REF
PLAYER    2020 PTS    BYE
Herbert, Justin LAC QB    438.1    7
Wentz, Carson IND QB    256.2    14

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB    158.1    9
Davis, Mike ATL RB    206.5    6
Edwards, Gus BAL RB    128.2    8
Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB    176.0    12
Ekeler, Austin LAC RB    165.3    7

Brown, Antonio TBB WR (Q)    117.1    9
Chark, D.J. JAC WR    153.6    7
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR    164.2    14
Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR    217.7    7
Samuel, Curtis WAS WR (Q)    212.1    9
Sanders, Emmanuel BUF WR    164.8    7
Williams, Mike LAC WR    153.7    7

Everett, Gerald SEA TE    92.9    9
Waller, Darren LVR TE    278.6    8

Prater, Matt ARI PK    111.0    12

FootballTeam, Washington WAS Def    132.0    9

final product

STINKIN REF
PLAYER    2020 PTS    BYE
Herbert, Justin LAC QB    438.1    7
Wentz, Carson IND QB    256.2    14

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB    158.1    9
Davis, Mike ATL RB    206.5    6
Edwards, Gus BAL RB    128.2    8
Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB    176.0    12
Ekeler, Austin LAC RB    165.3    7

Brown, Antonio TBB WR (Q)    117.1    9
Chark, D.J. JAC WR    153.6    7
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR    164.2    14
Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR    217.7    7
Samuel, Curtis WAS WR (Q)    212.1    9
Sanders, Emmanuel BUF WR    164.8    7
Williams, Mike LAC WR    153.7    7

Everett, Gerald SEA TE    92.9    9
Waller, Darren LVR TE    278.6    8

Prater, Matt ARI PK    111.0    12

FootballTeam, Washington WAS Def    132.0    9
I'm not seeing your second and fourth round picks.

PK - Butker PK4 at 15.4

@Anarchy99 gave my RBs a bad mark for no depth and now with Akers injury I am entering the season with only two rostered. Terrible planning on my part and poor luck makes it so much worse.

@Anarchy99 gave my RBs a bad mark for no depth and now with Akers injury I am entering the season with only two rostered. Terrible planning on my part and poor luck makes it so much worse.
meh....you only have to start two, so technically you are ok until week 6....should give you plenty of time to work WW to add some depth....WW window actually opens a week before season, so you may be able to add a preseason darling early .....some owners may not remember that the WW opens a week before season...I am not high on Swift and wasn't on Akers either, but if healthy technically you wouldn't have really needed depth as you had 3 guys ranked in like the top 16 or whatever....you went RB/RB/RB so you would have been passing on the position for most of the draft anyway.....guys you get now off the wire would have been about the same that you will be able to scrounge together now....not quite, but there are some bodies out there for you that went undrafted in your league like.....Lindsey, Gurley, Bernard, Gallman, ADP, Booker, Bell, Kerryon, Wilkins, Ahmed, Darrell Williams, Ingram, Breida, Mack, Ollison, Snell....

Users who are viewing this thread