What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stonk thread: GME reclaiming the throne (1 Viewer)

JB Breakfast Club

Footballguy
I'm accommodating the request to move GME/AMC talk to a separate thread. Here's where I'm at:

I maxed out at 1000 AMC. My plan was to take gains from AMC into GME, because I believe GME is the MOASS. I sold a bunch of AMC at 60 and more in the 40s (316 shares remaining). I picked up more GME at 255, 250, and 245 throughout the process. 

Today shook me on GME. I know it can move 25% in a day, but it never paused to consolidate today. I am hopeful that the 5M offering caused a lot of this, and I'd really appreciate hearing that the offering is complete. 

Heading into tomorrow: I still expect a big bounce whenever GME announces the offering is complete. I am considering adding more if it goes to 215 and 205. I am also considering limit sales at 250 and 275. I'll decide in pre-market. 

Fellow apes, where are you at after a few rough days?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm accommodating the request to move GME/AMC talk to a separate thread. Here's where I'm at:

I maxed out at 1000 AMC. My plan was to take gains from AMC into GME, because I believe GME is the MOASS. I sold a bunch of AMC at 60 and more in the 40s (316 shares remaining). I picked up more GME at 255, 250, and 245 throughout the process. 

Today shook me on GME. I know it can move 25% in a day, but it never paused to consolidate today. I am hopeful that the 5M offering caused a lot of this, and I'd really appreciate hearing that the offering is complete. 

Heading into tomorrow: I still expect a big bounce whenever GME announces the offering is complete. I am considering adding more if it goes to 215 and 205. I am also considering limit sales at 250 and 275. I'll decide in pre-market. 

I’ve been out of this for about a month now. Had a few final shares of GME I unloaded the other day around 300. I just can’t be in anything that can move down rapidly 25% in one day like this; I think I’m a maniac with some of my decisions (the amount of Hgen I have is insane) but this is too much for me. 

Own none of it now.  Made 15% on AMC, loss 15% on GME, made close to 50% on CLOV.  I'm holding NOK and down 8%.   I feel like trading these stocks is playing hot potato and I just don't have the feel for this game to do well.

I'd think that's a sign that there's more FOMO buying coming on the next run up. 
Yea, I've been on Reddit lately and while it is hard to decipher fact from fiction, it seems like a lot of folks are hardcore believers.  I'm short 300 shares of AMC.  It looked quite bleak for a couple days but now I'm hoping to get out with a small profit by the middle of next week.  Since you're long 316 and I'm short 300, if AMC goes to the moon, I may have to be your butler for the rest of my life.

I still have my shares but deciding what to do. The fact that they're selling more shares makes me think RC isn't one retail side as much as I thought.

When your cab driver starts talking about it, time to get out.
Within a span of two days ast week, my local bartender and the local car salesman (both 25ish) were chatting up AMC. I’d short it if I could. 

I daytraded AMC and GME to impressive gains, but now just hold GME. I have just north of 4,000 shares at present, I have devoted 4-6 hours every day reading all of the due diligence. Literally ask me anything about GME. I have this stonk on lockdown.

Regarding yesterday's significant price movement, here is my best explanation.

• On balance volume stayed flat so the apes held. 
  • Fresh off of their annual meeting, GameStop was given the ability to sell up to 5 million shares. There is a strong likelihood that GameStop released the majority of these shares into the market today. But if they did not, the company may also move shares this morning to complete the offering. Although dilution is never a great thing for share holder value, this cash will give the company another $1B on the books (to go with $700K just reported). This will be needed cash to aggressively change their company.
  • Major crazy options stuff happened yesterday. Max Pain was hovering on June 9th at $350. Many people have speculated that above $320, margin calls commence. In order to move max pain substantially, $90 million in ITM puts were placed to literally attempt to kick this can out a few more months. This action triggers delta hedging which drove the price down.
Literally just HOLD. The failure to deliver 21 trading day cycles keeps giving us a higher floor. If the apes hold, the tendie man cometh.

Max pain is a term I've heard but never really understood. It must consider calls and puts together? 
correct. It essentially costs out paying out both calls and puts at different price targets. It is your friend to try and figure out what might happen on Thursday/Friday. Most stocks gravitate towards max pain.

I watch Matt Kohrs stream throughout the day for updates. He does a good job balancing charting and data while refuting some of the wild theories (e.g. $1500 dark pool price). He's made a few national TV hits, so his channel is really blowing up. https://youtu.be/q4z2eZ8CCmM 

I have a theory over what is happening at GameStop.

• Ryan Cohen has the right to buy an additional 6.9% of the company (which coincidentally is about 5 million shares)
  • GameStop has the right to issue an additional 5 million shares (granted at the shareholders meeting yesterday)
  • GameStop always gets smashed after earnings regardless of how the results actually were. 
So my theory is Ryan Cohen (and allies) let the SHFs smash GameStop's price lower yesterday. Apes bought, but did not have unlimited bank accounts. Today, GameStop is selling their shares and the prices are going even lower. Ryan Cohen is buying these shares and will soon control 19.9% of GameStop.

The one person who has a pretty good idea to how many synthetic shares exist is Ryan Cohen. He got reports daily to actual vote / non-vote status. Now, the game is rigged so you can't really show voting over 100% of the float, but I think it's safe to say there are many multiples of votes to shares (my personal guess is 500 million shares have been sold).

So although is dip is painful to watch - I personally am holding. Once the shares are in Cohen's hands, I think MOASS is cleared for takeoff. It may not happen until the next failure to deliver cycle, but could happen any moment with a push from Blackrock/Vanguard or similar.

My question is how come for months we were pushing for the vote, then suddenly now the vote was never going to show over voting? Just seems like another excuse.

I really do hope the RC buying back shares is legit, bc that would put him back on the side of the apes not a pied piper.

My question is how come for months we were pushing for the vote, then suddenly now the vote was never going to show over voting? Just seems like another excuse.

I really do hope the RC buying back shares is legit, bc that would put him back on the side of the apes not a pied piper.
The vote helped determine how much oversold it all was. By forcing control numbers, GameStop got a glimpse of how bad this problem was.

The vote helped determine how much oversold it all was. By forcing control numbers, GameStop got a glimpse of how bad this problem was.
By why did all the Apes not figure this out until the past week when Wes? brought it up. 

It just feels like the powers that be are stringing us along.

By why did all the Apes not figure this out until the past week when Wes? brought it up. 

It just feels like the powers that be are stringing us along.
I think GameStop wants true investors into what they are doing. Of course some people will just be in this for the rocket ship possibility, but that really should not be their mission here. Every delay/stall/price drop has added buyers of their stock and merchandise. It's in their best interest for this to go awhile. 

I think GameStop wants true investors into what they are doing. Of course some people will just be in this for the rocket ship possibility, but that really should not be their mission here. Every delay/stall/price drop has added buyers of their stock and merchandise. It's in their best interest for this to go awhile. 
Correct that's great for GME, but it isn't great for apes diamond handing for the rocket ship to the moon. 

At first I felt RC was doing things to help acknowledge/guide/trigger that the MOASS for the apes. Now, the chances of him tweeting to manipulate GME stock price has risen for me after 2 offerings. 

Correct that's great for GME, but it isn't great for apes diamond handing for the rocket ship to the moon. 

At first I felt RC was doing things to help acknowledge/guide/trigger that the MOASS for the apes. Now, the chances of him tweeting to manipulate GME stock price has risen for me after 2 offerings. 
I think he is doing both. Let's say there are massive synthetic shares. Wouldn't it be smart to sell some now and have money for the transformation while the  MOASS is activated. So every few days you are hearing about hires, mergers, acquisitions, etc. Trust in Ryan Cohen. He owns 9 million shares and is not drawing a salary. He wins when the stock price goes up.

I think he is doing both. Let's say there are massive synthetic shares. Wouldn't it be smart to sell some now and have money for the transformation while the  MOASS is activated. So every few days you are hearing about hires, mergers, acquisitions, etc. Trust in Ryan Cohen. He owns 9 million shares and is not drawing a salary. He wins when the stock price goes up.
Let's say there aren't. How does that change any of that?

Let's say there aren't. How does that change any of that?
Then I think people will feel hoodwinked based on his tweets. But based on what I know of the Chewy founder - He seems hyper customer focused. I don't expect that to be the case (significant synthetic shares) based on all the failure to deliver data and others predicting these FTD 21 and 35 day moves.

If massive shorts didn't still exist on this stock, do you think it would still be in the 200s months after they "supposedly" covered in January? The shorts expected this company to be bankrupt. Never in their wildest nightmares did they expect it to move from $2.80 (on 3/30/20) to where it is now. 

Buckle Up. This stock is going much higher.

Then I think people will feel hoodwinked based on his tweets. But based on what I know of the Chewy founder - He seems hyper customer focused. I don't expect that to be the case (significant synthetic shares) based on all the failure to deliver data and others predicting these FTD 21 and 35 day moves.

If massive shorts didn't still exist on this stock, do you think it would still be in the 200s months after they "supposedly" covered in January? The shorts expected this company to be bankrupt. Never in their wildest nightmares did they expect it to move from $2.80 (on 3/30/20) to where it is now. 

Buckle Up. This stock is going much higher.
What tweets has he made that indicated massive synthetic shorts?

What tweets has he made that indicated massive synthetic shorts?
If you truly are interested in reading about GME, I suggest you visit the r/Superstonk subreddit. It's 426K members strong and they post great content including interpretations of Ryan Cohen's tweets. 

I daytraded AMC and GME to impressive gains, but now just hold GME. I have just north of 4,000 shares at present, I have devoted 4-6 hours every day reading all of the due diligence. Literally ask me anything about GME. I have this stonk on lockdown.
Sorry. Didn't realize this offer was only for people interested in following blindly.

What is the P/E of GME?

What is the P/E of GME?
I would have assumed you knew where to find that info. Yahoo finance has that information on all stocks.

But assuming, you are just posting because you also hate the stock, I will respond with what was the P/E of Amazon when it was losing money? Or Netflix before it pivoted?

I get it - Tons of people hate GameStop the company, the stock, etc. I suggest if you hate it that much you should short it.

I like the stock. I like the Chairman and the team he has assembled. I love the fact that so many "fundamental" investors hate this stock. I love that a community of apes is taking on WallStreet by just buying and holding.

And the stock just goes up and up. It was $2.80 on 3/3/20. It might end up being the greatest stock comeback of all time.

I also question the likelihood that this becomes the next great ecompany. Or much more than a meme stock.

None of that means there's no money to be made. Hell, I already made some.

The bull#### theories about the real meanings of Ryan Cohen's tweets might be the worst of it, though. Would still love to see something he tweeted that actually indicates anything related to synthetic shares that anyone could point to and say, "He hoodwinked us".

I would have assumed you knew where to find that info. Yahoo finance has that information on all stocks.

But assuming, you are just posting because you also hate the stock, I will respond with what was the P/E of Amazon when it was losing money? Or Netflix before it pivoted?

I get it - Tons of people hate GameStop the company, the stock, etc. I suggest if you hate it that much you should short it.

I like the stock. I like the Chairman and the team he has assembled. I love the fact that so many "fundamental" investors hate this stock. I love that a community of apes is taking on WallStreet by just buying and holding.

And the stock just goes up and up. It was $2.80 on 3/3/20. It might end up being the greatest stock comeback of all time.
It's a simple question with a simple answer (GME does not have a P/E since it does not have positive earnings). I do not hate the stock, it's more like I am intrigued by what has been happening and what it represents. Equating it with AMZN is bold and could be correct in the long run but I'm skeptical of that comp. I underestimated AMZN and I could be underestimating GME. At these levels, I would be on the short side of GME but I do not have a margin account and I also fear the mania around the stock so I am content to sit back and watch. The obtuse point of my post was that I don't think it is right to claim doing all this due diligence (which tends to include fundamental metrics like P/E) which FBGs might easily confuse for "fundamental analysis" without owning up to the off-the-chart valuations. I think the language you're using can be misleading to those like me who equate DD with analysis of fundamentals.

It's a simple question with a simple answer (GME does not have a P/E since it does not have positive earnings). I do not hate the stock, it's more like I am intrigued by what has been happening and what it represents. Equating it with AMZN is bold and could be correct in the long run but I'm skeptical of that comp. I underestimated AMZN and I could be underestimating GME. At these levels, I would be on the short side of GME but I do not have a margin account and I also fear the mania around the stock so I am content to sit back and watch. The obtuse point of my post was that I don't think it is right to claim doing all this due diligence (which tends to include fundamental metrics like P/E) which FBGs might easily confuse for "fundamental analysis" without owning up to the off-the-chart valuations. I think the language you're using can be misleading to those like me who equate DD with analysis of fundamentals.
Due diligence includes everything about the company. Why focus on one thing when you are investing in all of it? 

DD at Reddit means a (often wild-###) theory about something supported by < >

Sometimes < > represents really great information someone put a lot of time, effort, and thought into. It makes sense, it contains facts, actual analysis, and sound conclusions. 

Sometimes < > represents "That tweet was a gif from Ted 2. In Europe, they called Ted 2, 'T2'. Someone made a post a month ago that said T+2 was important. What Ryan is saying is "Keep an eye on the FTDs by watching the T+2."

BOOM Stonks!

DD at Reddit means a (often wild-###) theory about something supported by < >

Sometimes < > represents really great information someone put a lot of time, effort, and thought into. It makes sense, it contains facts, actual analysis, and sound conclusions. 

Sometimes < > represents "That was from Ted 2. In Europe, they called Ted 2, "T2". Someone made a post a month ago that said T+2 was important. What Ryan is saying is "Keep an eye on the FTDs by watching the T+2."

BOOM Stonks!
Why muck up this thread with all the hate? You wanted a separate thread so us "meme" investors didn't screw up your stock thread and then come here and spew all the same hate that is now mucking up this thread.

Dodds, I think you mistake, "I'm skeptical and want to understand how you get from point A to point QQQ, because a lot of the things you're saying evolve from 1 day to the next without context and often (as in the case of Ryan Cohen's tweets mean... anything at all) without the ability to readily substantiate."

Don't confuse that with hating the company, the investors, the movement... the anything. I am pain in the ### question guy, who doesn't often just follow for ####s and giggles. It is known. @General Malaise  :hey:

Why muck up this thread with all the hate? You wanted a separate thread so us "meme" investors didn't screw up your stock thread and then come here and spew all the same hate that is now mucking up this thread.
I don't think I ever called for another thread. 

And I have no hate. If you can't answer a question, just say I don't have a good answer for that. It's OK. 

The tweet that I think points to the MOASS is this one by Ryan Cohen:

https://twitter.com/ryancohen/status/1398454505314959361/photo/1

I believe it's an anagram for this:

Moass near. Buy Dip. R. Chn

Another tweet from Ryan (that was removed a day after posting it) showed an astronaut drinking a beer on the moon. He tweeted that picture the day after receiving the first batch of votes.

There are a lot of other clues including specific squeeze language in the SEC reports (that is non-standard) that clearly Ryan oversaw.

I stand by my assertion that I think the Reddit community would feel hoodwinked by Ryan if there never was a MOASS.

It's all BS.  BS that apes (literally smaller brain humans) bump the price up by buying the stock around caviar dream dates.

Gamma Squeeze 3/12 

Max Pain 3/19

Well we can wait until after the earnings call on 3/23.

Always on to the next thing, if you didn't sell at $300 this go around I guess you can wait until next time if there is one, but this is never going to the moon.  

Users who are viewing this thread