What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ β€‹βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ EURO 2020 βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ ​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ People are saying THIS is the new greatest moment in sports history (1 Viewer)

These guys are all in Bristol anyway, right?Β  We're pretty used to that, and its not a huge deal, but it is a totally different atmosphere listening to someone live at Wembley.Β  The BBC announcers have a couple sideline reporters they often bring in, the live crowd in the background is much louder and its just far more exciting and a superior atmosphere than the ESPN television feed.
The commentators Twellman and Drake I believe for Tuesdays Semi were at Wembley I believe.Β 

3 goals, 1 assist, 1 dive will get you on the list no matter how poorly you played overall.Β 

If Kane scores in the final he most likely is on as joint high scorer.Β  If he nets 2 he is the golden boot winner (sorry Owen Goal) and on everyone's list.
Diving? We talking Sterling here?Β 

GK - I think Pickford is a little over-looked here - 11 saves/1 goal conceded 5 CSs

D - I like your choices here - maybe Laporte deserves a mention, I might include Stones over Shaw, and even Meat Head has played well since returnign from injury.

M - Hojbjerg and Pedri seem like omissions, but not sure who I drop. Β Probably De Bruyne - who I think made your team more on reputation than Euro accomplishments.

A - 1st 2 - ok. Β Lukaku is deserving, but Kane and Immobile should be in the conversation.
You guys forgot Jorghino and I think Chellini needs some consideration hereΒ 

And to be fair I think the Sterling call was some home cooking call. Not sure why a lot of English are upset about it because even some of the English former Managers and EPL Managers plus a few analyst that are from the UK said Sterling dived. I'm sure if that play is reversed going in the direction for Denmark it's probably not called but there's no way the refs weren't gonna not call it and get out of London alive.Β 

Just wish the match could've been decided without it and some English fan pointed a laser in the face of Schmichel during the PK as well. The second ball in play I don't think effected the direct play though. Just unfortunate Denmark who was very deserving to be in that position had to get lose on something that questionable. Was kind of shocked that the officiating didn't try to really favor England yesterday to be honest.Β 

Diving? We talking Sterling here?Β 
Yes

And to be fair I think the Sterling call was some home cooking call. Not sure why a lot of English are upset about it because even some of the English former Managers and EPL Managers plus a few analyst that are from the UK said Sterling dived. I'm sure if that play is reversed going in the direction for Denmark it's probably not called but there's no way the refs weren't gonna not call it and get out of London alive.Β 

Just wish the match could've been decided without it and some English fan pointed a laser in the face of Schmichel during the PK as well. The second ball in play I don't think effected the direct play though. Just unfortunate Denmark who was very deserving to be in that position had to get lose on something that questionable. Was kind of shocked that the officiating didn't try to really favor England yesterday to be honest.Β 
The English try to be the "We're better then the South Americans and don't dive" group, play the game the "right way" and all that. So they can't not call Sterling out even though they are happy he did to get them to the final.Β Β 

And I agree with most of your second point.Β  Although the ball may not have interfered, the ref stopped the game in two other instances when a 2nd ball was on.Β  Just looking for consistency within a game from the ref.Β  This one was not consistent at all.

Who is you team of the tournament at this point? From memory, mine isΒ 

GK: Sommer

D :Β Spinazzola, Bonucci, Shaw

M: Forsberg,Β Maehle, Isinge,Β De BruyneΒ 

A: Ronaldo, Shick, Lukaku

I am sure I am missing some one obvious, and a couple others really impressed me, but
GK:Β  Pickford

D :Β  Spinazzola, Bonucci, Maehle

M: De Bruyne, Pedri, Jorginho,Β HΓΈjbjerg

A: Ronaldo, Lukaku, Sterling

Last edited by a moderator:
:D

Argue all you want, but he was England's only attacking threat through the quarterfinals.Β  It'll probably go to either him or Kane depending on who scores in the final.
Oh I know.Β  And as mentioned before, doesn't mean he had a good tourney overall.Β  Was actually fairly poor overall.

And a team that let in 1 goal so far should have more defenders in the team, so why not one that also contributed 3 assists and has created the most chances for England?

Yes

The English try to be the "We're better then the South Americans and don't dive" group, play the game the "right way" and all that. So they can't not call Sterling out even though they are happy he did to get them to the final.Β Β 

And I agree with most of your second point.Β  Although the ball may not have interfered, the ref stopped the game in two other instances when a 2nd ball was on.Β  Just looking for consistency within a game from the ref.Β  This one was not consistent at all.
Milan lost their Europa League match vs Arsenal back in 2017 because of a similar BS call. Actually 2 of them. One the Arsenal player dove in the box and was called a PK and RC I think. They then missed almost the exact same play but the Milan player was hacked and they missed a clear Handball in the box on Arsenal as well. We ended up getting bounced out and they scored 2 goals after the Red. Everyone knew the Arsenal player dove and it was a clear dive. I don't even remember the player just remember those calls at this point. Every in UK insisted it was never a dive and only Italians and South Americans dive.Β 

I also saw a few people complaining about the Canadian coverage before the the Italy/Spain match. Ripping Italy calling them cheaters and what poor role models for young kids they are. Someone posted the video and I can't find it now but that was really funny. The thing I hate the most is the hypocrisy of some these fans. We don't do it and we complain about everyone else but they do. Us Italians are like hey we do it and we aren't apologizing for it but we are no were near South American antics on any of this. Neymar might be the worst offender ever. The EPL I see it much more then Calcio these days because the Calcio Refs will barely call a foul for players who are known for diving.Β 

My favorite sports fan is NBA fans who complain about Soccer players diving yet the NBA today makes soccer look amateurish in the game. Harden and Lebron take it big time.Β 

I hate to break it to all my Italian supporting friends - but the Italians are training at Tottenham today.

And, we all know what happens to teams that train at Tottenham...
I think they may actually be staying at the player's lodge at the facility until the game tomorrow...

Thanks to Scotland's National paper having a photoshopped Picture of Roberto Mancini as Braveheart with the Captions Save us Roberto I managed the Cafe to allow all the Philly Scottish fans we can handle into the cafe as well tomorrow. Besides wearing my Azzurri Blue I'm bringing my Ryan Fraser Scotland Jersey. Blue only no Red just like going to the Union match and Sitting with Sons of Ben.Β 

My Uncle/Godfather is having a post pandemic get together tomorrow before my cousin (3rd oldest of the 8 ) Goes back to Germany for work. My mom accidentally told my uncle I had work and couldn't come. I didn't know if I'd get off but asked to leave by 3 for the finals weeks ago anyway. I figured if Italy didn't make it and I got off I can go to the family thing but if Italy plays it's going to the CAFE. Cafe wins in this instants. I told my mom my new friends really wanted me there and reminded her all the family events my oldest cousin missed do to stuff going on with his friends too. She gave in because I think she knew this was important for me.Β 

Deamon said:
Ya Buffon had the nickname but Donnarumma does not go by it, nor want to.Β 
I think I would know what my former Goalkeeper would go by and I've yet to hear or see anyone refer to him by his full Name. Either Gigi or DonnarummaΒ 

Definitely supporting Italy.Β  Still haven't gotten over the refs screwing Colombia in the World Cup vs. England.

is it coming home?
I can't make up my mind on this one.

Fate seems to be bending towards England winning at home. Β But, at the same time, I just have the sense that the Italian team is more composed, and has less weight on their shoulders heading into the game. Β I don't know if the England squad will be able to handle the nerves and expectations of the entire nation.

I can't make up my mind on this one.

Fate seems to be bending towards England winning at home. Β But, at the same time, I just have the sense that the Italian team is more composed, and has less weight on their shoulders heading into the game. Β I don't know if the England squad will be able to handle the nerves and expectations of the entire nation.
Hope they pull it off. I agree though, so much pressure.Β 

Users who are viewing this thread