What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation (1 Viewer)

So it picks up where the show ended in the 80s - anybody know/recall what our heroes did back then and what the current state of Eternia and Castle Greyskull is?  
I don't remember but pretty sure I'm going to go back and try and watch some now to prepare. It's been 40 years....

My daughter was a huge fan of the recent She-Ra series on Netflix.  Is this new Masters series set in the same universe as She-Ra?  I think when were kids they were but I don't know about these new series...

So it picks up where the show ended in the 80s - anybody know/recall what our heroes did back then and what the current state of Eternia and Castle Greyskull is?  
I'm not sure, but there's good chance that when we last saw them, He-man had Skeletor on the ropes but let him go rather than kill him, explaining how he didn't want to be "just as bad as he is."

This looks amazing. The Netflix transformers cartoon reboot isn’t great. They mostly drone on in these long dialog scenes and it has that awful cgi look to it. 

This on the other hand looks hand drawn like comic we all know and love (only better). I mean it’s just a trailer but it looks promising. 

I was a bit young for the original series, and thus it missed my wheelhouse, but that’s going to change. I’m going to check this out 

From what I read, it's a separate universe. Kevin Smith said they had problems with the rights to the old Filmation series. It's closer to the series that came out early 2000's.

Reading some awful rumors about the wokeness of this show. 
I think the whole wokeness cry from the Right (Not saying its you doing it) is a bit overblown.......but to cater the show of this product line for the demographic that's interested is a layup.  If they mess this up.....I'm thinking less that they're "woke" and more that they're just idiots.  

So far I really like it. A nice update to the series, Kevin Smith has done a really good job. Still weird hearing Cersi voice Evil-Lyn.
The SMG vioce is more jarring for me. Not s bad thing though. I hate Hamil doing Skeletor's voice. All I picture is the Joker when I hear it.

All in all...the series is ok. I know the MotU nerds are killing it on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The SMG vioce is more jarring for me. Not s bad thing though. I hate Hamil doing Skeletor's voice. All I picture is the Joker when I hear it.

All in all...the series is ok. I know the MotU nerds are killing it on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll put some of my thoughts in spoilers:

1. The side stories were entertaining. Orko isn't dead I don't think. We would have seen him in 'heaven'. Scareglow was a fun villain. 

2. It was odd to see Moss Man die so easily.  He was a bad ### in the comics. Think Swamp Thing level power.

3. Losing Roboto was a bummer. I liked him.

4. Adam isn't dead (again). I think he'll be ok. 

5. I'm willing to bet there won't be a season 2.
The whole review bombing is asinine IMO. Thought the story was very good, and am looking forward to part 2. Agree with most of your points except 3, thought he was pretty meh. And yes hearing Hamil as Skeletor is not great since he's voicing him very very similar to the Joker.

I think the whole wokeness cry from the Right (Not saying its you doing it) is a bit overblown.......but to cater the show of this product line for the demographic that's interested is a layup.  If they mess this up.....I'm thinking less that they're "woke" and more that they're just idiots.  
Yet this is exactly what we see happening over and over again right now.

I think the Teela narrative is a bit overblown.  If the story to be told was that He-Man and Skeletor were going to get got and someone was going to have to go on a quest to bring them back/ save the world....which of the characters from the original cartoon was it going to be?  Ram- Man?  Buzz-Off?  Teela's always been AT WORST Number Three behind Adam and Duncan.

Mark Hamil is a great voice actor.....but I don't like him as Skeletor.  He's running the Joker bit a little too much.  

Animaton was good.  Voice acting was good.  Story was good....although I didn't get all those He-Dudes in Preternia.  I guess they're running deeper tracks than I remember.  

Well done for a reboot of a cartoon that was created for the sole purpose of being a half an hour commercial for a toy line.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet this is exactly what we see happening over and over again right now.
I didn't get the sense they whiffed on this with wokeness.  The same grown ### men who were #####ing about Teela were probably fapping it to her in their younger days.  I guess we can complain about her sidekick or the idea that Grayskull was a black man.....but there's minimal wokeness to this.  

Almost done. It does seem a little “woke” with all the females, but it is true that Evil-Lyn was probably the most competent of Skeltor’s people, and Teela makes a lot of sense for the “quest” but there could have been a different sidekick. 

Anybody recall how the original series ended?  Was there even a true finale?

For all the 'woke' cries from the uber-dorks, I didn't think it was too bad. Now, the She-Ra Netfix series was woke. I'm of the belief that even woke people thought it was a little over the top.

I am glad I don't watch enough of the Batman series so I wasn't bothered by Hamill and actually liked it.  Didn't feel like SMG's voice fit Teela.  Cersei does evil well.

Jay as Stinkor!!

Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops!

Dennis Haysbert as King Greyskull!!

great voices. 

I don't remember watching much of the original back in the day, but I remember enough to enjoy this.  Am looking forward to part 2.

I am glad I don't watch enough of the Batman series so I wasn't bothered by Hamill and actually liked it.  Didn't feel like SMG's voice fit Teela.  Cersei does evil well.

Jay as Stinkor!!

Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops!

Dennis Haysbert as King Greyskull!!

great voices. 

I don't remember watching much of the original back in the day, but I remember enough to enjoy this.  Am looking forward to part 2.
Tony Todd was great to hear too. 

Users who are viewing this thread