What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hunter Biden and alleged repeated use of N-word in text (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I saw this and wondered what people thought.

If true, I think the media response, or lack of it, is discouraging. When I talk about my conservative friends and how they claim media is not balanced, this is what they are talking about. (I think Clay Travis is talking about this today)

https://www.blackenterprise.com/laptop-exposes-president-bidens-son-hunter-repeatedly-using-the-n-word-in-text-messages-with-white-lawyer/

Text message with his (white) attorney:

Biden: “How much money do I owe you”

“Becaause n***a you better not be charging me Hennessy rates”

Mesires: “That made me snarf my coffee”

Biden: “I just made that phrase up, by the way”

Has there ever been a balanced media?  Does the lack of balance in the ENTIRE media tilt one way?  If this were Donald Trump Jr. would this be a story on the media outlets that tilt Right?  Different outlets report and prosecute stories differently, thats why Americans need to look at multiple sources for their reporting.  

This is another example of the problem when the main stream media is essentially working for the Democratic Party.   The MSM is not reporting the news.   It is trying to make its team look good while making the other team look bad.  The Dems love this since the news is a non-stop commercial for their party but it should be obvious that a government controlled news media is going to be a huge problem in the end.  

I kinda compare Hunter Biden to Tiffany Trump. Neither has/had a role in the administration and both generally lay low and out of the limelight. Maybe Tiffany tried a bit to garner some attention, but she and Hunter are nothing like the other Trump kids that posted instagram stories every other day and spoke at rallies and generally acted like mini-Trumps.

All that to say, is I really had no idea what Tiffany Trump was doing, and whether she was acting like a buffoon (like Hunter surely seems to act like), and if she was, I doubt it would garner much attention

Mildly unpopular take here, but I have no objection to Hunter Biden's use of the terminology here.  He's not using it as a slur.  In principle, this should be just as not-newsworthy when it's some dumb high school kid posting on social media as it is here when it's the son of the president.

1. The MSM is biased for sure

2. Hunter Biden saying the N-word is really bad but is not news worthy, IMO.  Neither is Don Jr. using it.  Why should I care?  If either of their Dads did then that’s a story.  

I kinda compare Hunter Biden to Tiffany Trump. Neither has/had a role in the administration and both generally lay low and out of the limelight. Maybe Tiffany tried a bit to garner some attention, but she and Hunter are nothing like the other Trump kids that posted instagram stories every other day and spoke at rallies and generally acted like mini-Trumps.

All that to say, is I really had no idea what Tiffany Trump was doing, and whether she was acting like a buffoon (like Hunter surely seems to act like), and if she was, I doubt it would garner much attention
Agree with this take.  If he was working in the administration like Jared or Ivanka, then their should be some press on this.  He's not, so similar to Don Jr going crazy and looking strung out when he's speaking/messaging you don't see it on MSM but you will see it on twitter or some left leaning site.

Mildly unpopular take here, but I have no objection to Hunter Biden's use of the terminology here.  He's not using it as a slur.  In principle, this should be just as not-newsworthy when it's some dumb high school kid posting on social media as it is here when it's the son of the president.
Saying any variation of the n-word and then throwing in Hennessy is not a good look for a white dude.  But we are in agreement that it’s not newsworthy.

This is another example of the problem when the main stream media is essentially working for the Democratic Party.   The MSM is not reporting the news.   It is trying to make its team look good while making the other team look bad.  The Dems love this since the news is a non-stop commercial for their party but it should be obvious that a government controlled news media is going to be a huge problem in the end.  
I guess this is "news" but I am not sure how newsworthy it is.  Does it really matter to me that Hunter Biden is an idiot and used the "N" word in texts?   

I do agree it isn't fair they aren't reporting it because they would almost certainly report it if it were Don Jr. but I don't think it is anywhere near a "Government controlled news media".

I do agree it isn't fair they aren't reporting it because they would almost certainly report it if it were Don Jr. but I don't think it is anywhere near a "Government controlled news media".
Thanks @Godsbrother I think that's what people I know are getting at.

Is it a thing where politicians or famous people get a pass?

The 15 year old high schooler that said it on a video was kicked off the cheer team and had her acceptance into the University of Tennessee cancelled and it became a NY Times story.

I think the perceived double standard in the media is what people I know are talking about. 

The 15 year old high schooler that said it on a video was kicked off the cheer team and had her acceptance into the University of Tennessee cancelled and it became a NY Times story.

I think the perceived double standard in the media is what people I know are talking about. 
I can see the perception...but is the story about the high schooler now more about the treatment after and her acceptance than others?

I mean...if someone wants to not offer Hunter Biden something now because of his words...so be it.  I think its awful to use the language he did...but agree with many in here saying its pretty much a non-story.   Its part of what I tell my son when he posts on social media...watch what you say even if you think it is private, it could come back to bite you.

Did you by any chance read The NY Times story?

The story is about the aftermath of the video, and the impact it had on her.  It was not a story about her using the word, nor was it even critical of her use of the word.  Indeed, it was more apologetic - and the story was written from her perspective.

Maybe that was the double standard you were talking about - "rich white girl gets sympathetic press"

If Hunter Biden had any role in the administration this would be a huge story and deservedly so. 
But since he doesn’t I don’t see why I should care. Reminds me of Roger Clinton- wasn’t he doped out on cocaine the whole time his brother was President? So what? 

Quite a perplexing comparison from what public info we know about them

This is a media bias thing? Nah, I'm not buyin it. It's a weird snowflake appearance in the middle of June.

I really don't see why anyone should care if Hunter Biden used the "N" word. Is this suppose to be some sort of poor reflection on Joe Biden or his administration? - if so I don't get the connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't see why anyone should care if Hunter Biden used the "N" word. Is this suppose to be some sort of poor reflection on Joe Biden or his administration? - if so I don't get the connection.
Now that you said that, Joe does have some racist stuff in his history so it's another piece of the puzzle that son likely learned that behavior from dad.

It's amazing all the excuse going on here.

Joe's point was bias in the media not whether this story was newsworthy or not. You know damn well that if this was someone from the Trump Administration or anyone else related to Trump MSM would be shooting this from the rooftops for six months straight proclaiming how racist the Administration is.

Instead we're getting excuse after excuse after excuse as to why this really isn't a big deal. It's not that Hunter Biden said the n-word, it's the MSM and there reporting on it or lack thereof.

For those of you that are saying that you don't care that's a load of BS. If the previous four years taught us anything, it's that you guys do care.

Over the weekend, Lara Trump said on a TV show that Americans at our southern border should get guns, “arm up” and be ready. I care as little about Lara Trump as I do about Hunter Biden, but she used Fox News to get her “message” out, which IMO is far more dangerous and concerning. 

I guess the point isn't "Look at what Hunter Biden said," it's "Look at how the media ignores it, would they ignore text messages from a Trump offspring?"

I think if any of the Trump kids had similar text messages--it would be on CNN/MSNBC/etc.  I agree that it's probably not the most newsworthy thing.  But I think if a Trump kid were the guilty party here--it makes the MSM.  Since it's Biden's kid--"Well, why is that even newsworthy?!"

It's amazing all the excuse going on here.

Joe's point was bias in the media not whether this story was newsworthy or not. You know damn well that if this was someone from the Trump Administration or anyone else related to Trump MSM would be shooting this from the rooftops for six months straight proclaiming how racist the Administration is.

Instead we're getting excuse after excuse after excuse as to why this really isn't a big deal. It's not that Hunter Biden said the n-word, it's the MSM and there reporting on it or lack thereof.

For those of you that are saying that you don't care that's a load of BS. If the previous four years taught us anything, it's that you guys do care.
Likewise, you would hear minimal about it from a Trump friendly news source.  

It's amazing the standard that Conservatives feel the need to hold the "MSM" to while lapping up stories from places like OAN, NewsMax, Brietbart and most of the FOX News Channel like an old man eating nickle a bowl soup at a greasy spoon diner.  

We have a new Israeli prime minister for the first time in over a decade, Biden Is meeting with Putin today, Congress is demanding testimony from Trump’s two attorneys general because apparently the DOJ was spying on journalists, there may (or may not) be an infrastructure deal agreed to- and yet THIS is this story people want to talk about??? It doesn’t deserve a sentence of media attention. 

Over the weekend, Lara Trump said on a TV show that Americans at our southern border should get guns, “arm up” and be ready. I care as little about Lara Trump as I do about Hunter Biden, but she used Fox News to get her “message” out, which IMO is far more dangerous and concerning. 
Again:

You're ignoring the point to defend the media.  If Lara Trump said the "N" word in text messages, CNN would be all over it. More proof the Trump's are racist.  This is why racism is so rampant in America.  And it's really not newsworthy.  I agree with you on that.  

But when the right does it--the threshhold for newsworth drops.  When the left does something--the bar rises.  

Now that you said that, Joe does have some racist stuff in his history so it's another piece of the puzzle that son likely learned that behavior from dad.
There is no history of Joe Biden ever using the "N" word. And black voters had no problem in 2020 with the so-called racist stuff in his history, did they?

And the other day you said you didn't give a rat's patootie what I think, yet here you are commenting on one of my posts again.

I guess the point isn't "Look at what Hunter Biden said," it's "Look at how the media ignores it, would they ignore text messages from a Trump offspring?"

I think if any of the Trump kids had similar text messages--it would be on CNN/MSNBC/etc.  I agree that it's probably not the most newsworthy thing.  But I think if a Trump kid were the guilty party here--it makes the MSM.  Since it's Biden's kid--"Well, why is that even newsworthy?!"
I don’t think you’re right since, as somebody pointed out, I never read a thing about Tiffany. 

But even if you were right the fault would be with the media’s previous action- the current one (not reporting this story) is the correct one. 

We have a new Israeli prime minister for the first time in over a decade, Biden Is meeting with Putin today, Congress is demanding testimony from Trump’s two attorneys general because apparently the DOJ was spying on journalists, there may (or may not) be an infrastructure deal agreed to- and yet THIS is this story people want to talk about??? It doesn’t deserve a sentence of media attention. 
If we get this thread to 6 pages we could reach the level of posts about how many scoops of ice cream Trump got 

I don’t think you’re right since, as somebody pointed out, I never read a thing about Tiffany. 

But even if you were right the fault would be with the media’s previous action- the current one (not reporting this story) is the correct one. 
Yes.  You're right. 

When the media previously does something wrong with one party--and then chooses to do the right thing--with a different party--that's what we refer to as a double standard.

That's typically seen as a bad thing for the media, which as you know, is supposed to be unbiased.  

There is no history of Joe Biden ever using the "N" word. And black voters had no problem in 2020 with the so-called racist stuff in his history, did they?

And the other day you said you didn't give a rat's patootie what I think, yet here you are commenting on one of my posts again.
Can you please cut the personal BS from the posts?  Thank you.

Joe has a history of racist things such as saying poor kids are just as bright as white kids (whatever the actual quote was).  I never claimed he used the N word and I never claimed that voters ignored or did not ignore his history when casting their vote as that's irrelevant to his background

You're doing your best to defend your precious MSM.

The topic is the media coverage.  You're determined to twist it into being about Hunter's actions.  It's not about that.  No one is losing sleep over what Hunter said.  

Yes.  You're right. 

When the media previously does something wrong with one party--and then chooses to do the right thing--with a different party--that's what we refer to as a double standard.

That's typically seen as a bad thing for the media, which as you know, is supposed to be unbiased.  
When you say media what exactly do you mean by that because thats a pretty generic term to throw out

When you say media what exactly do you mean by that because thats a pretty generic term to throw out
The liberal MSM?  

If a Trump offspring said the "N word" via text message--it would fit too perfectly into the narrative of how Trump is racist and his hate flows through his children and they're why America is so racist.  It would be on every major news network save maybe Fox? 

If a Democrat's offspring does it--it's not a news story.  And it shouldn't be a newsstory.  I agree.  

But I have very little doubt that it would be a big talking point for Don Lemon if this were a Trump child.

There is no history of Joe Biden ever using the "N" word.
Wrong again.

CLAIM: A video from a 1985 hearing exposes Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden for using the N-word, stating: “We already have a n----- mayor, we don’t need any more n-----big shots!”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Biden was not making the statement himself, he was reading a racist statement made by a state legislator during a redistricting process in Louisiana that was overseen by a deputy attorney general nominee. Biden was questioning the nominee under oath about the comments during a U.S. Senate hearing. 

THE FACTS: Social media users are twisting comments made by Biden during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing 35 years ago for the nomination of William Bradford Reynolds as  U.S. deputy attorney general. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Biden was using the comments at the time to build a case against Reynolds’ nomination, pointing out that he ignored racist comments by lawmakers and allowed them to gerrymander Louisiana’s congressional districts in a way that underrepresented Black residents. 

During the 1985 hearing, Reynolds faced questions from Senate Democrats about his record on voting rights as the assistant attorney general for civil rights. 

Biden specifically questioned Reynolds on a plan to redraw Louisiana’s congressional maps to create a mostly Black district in New Orleans. That redistricting map was called the Nunez plan. 

But Reynolds instead approved a different redistricting plan _ one that was backed by Louisiana Gov. David Treen and other white legislators who opposed the Nunez plan and led an effort to stop it. Treen’s plan split the mostly Black district, protecting a GOP congressman’s seat. A federal court had ordered Louisiana to redraw the map in 1983 because it gerrymandered the Black community.

Reynolds insisted he signed off on Treen’s plan because the Louisiana governor did not intentionally redraw the congressional map plans in order to keep a mostly Black district from forming in New Orleans. 

C-Span video footage of that 1985 hearing shows that Biden repeatedly asked Reynolds if he heard or saw any evidence that Louisiana’s politicians were intentionally discriminating against Black residents to keep them from having fair representation. Reynolds says he did not find any evidence that this was the case. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Biden points out that Reynolds did, however, receive a memo from his staff that highlighted racist comments made by legislators who opposed the majority Black district. 

Using the N-word in the quote, Biden said: “They brought to your attention the allegation that important legislators in defeating the Nunez plan, in the basement, said, ’“We already have a n----- mayor, we don’t need any more n----- big shots.” 

Biden argued that those comments, as well as other problems with the Louisiana governor’s plan, should have been a red flag for Reynolds, who should have never signed off on the plan. 

The Senate Judiciary Committee ultimately rejected Reynolds’ nomination in a 10-8 vote. 

__

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.
https://apnews.com/article/archive-fact-checking-9146840045

I'm 100% fine with the N-word being referenced in this context, but people have lost jobs over this type of usage and it's dishonest to pretend that it's non-controversial (even though it should be non-controversial IMO).

The liberal MSM?  

If a Trump offspring said the "N word" via text message--it would fit too perfectly into the narrative of how Trump is racist and his hate flows through his children and they're why America is so racist.  It would be on every major news network save maybe Fox? 

If a Democrat's offspring does it--it's not a news story.  And it shouldn't be a newsstory.  I agree.  

But I have very little doubt that it would be a big talking point for Don Lemon if this were a Trump child.
Dude, I am asking how you are defining "liberal MSM" because I am pretty sure every network had a story on this and moreso to the fact who do you really think is getting their news on the 7pm national broadcast these days?

Dude, I am asking how you are defining "liberal MSM" because I am pretty sure every network had a story on this and moreso to the fact who do you really think is getting their news on the 7pm national broadcast these days?
You feel that CNN, MSNBC, etc. have had stories on this?

Link me up and I'll admit I'm wrong.  

Users who are viewing this thread