What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boycott the NFL (1 Viewer)

Rhythmdoctor

Footballguy
Have you seen the new COVID rules for NFL players and staff?  It's basically racial discrimination thrust upon the unvaccinated.  It's utterly disgusting and if you care at all about freedom AT ALL you will do as I have done and quit all FF leagues and cancel your NFLN subscription.

NFL players have a very unique opportunity to make a stand and I'm hoping every single player who isn't vaccinated boycotts the NFL.  We have the power to make change if we stand together on this. IF you're a corporate and government cuck who likes being told how to live, what to eat, who you can talk to, who you can eat and live with, and what to put into your body, then I'd encourage you to read some history books to get perspective on the slippery slope we have found ourselves on.  The precedent being set around this vaccine is the most dangerous to date.  If you give the government and corporations bodily autonomy then you have nothing left that's yours, they will completely OWN YOU.  I'm urging all freedom lovers to quit the NFL immediately.  It's a very small sacrifice for what is at stake.

NFL Covid restrictions about halfway down the page - https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/6/16/22537177/nfl-nflpa-covid-vaccination-rules-2021

If you support this then you're on the wrong side of humanity.  

"These latest guidelines retain the ability for players to have freedom of choice when it comes to getting vaccinated, but not the privilege of being free from consequences."

Seriously?!!  How is anyone in support of this?  

"While many teams are claiming 100 percent of their front office, and support staff are fully vaccinated against the virus, the numbers for players are lagging woefully behind, estimated to be under 50 percent league-wide."  Good for the NFL players!!  Less than half are obeying the tyrants!!  Now if that cohort boycotts the league, we'll have a movement!  I hope these players realize the impact they could have.  Trust me, we don't want to live like this. If you're living in fear, it doesn't mean I have to!

Maybe if the players' average age was over 40 then this might read differently

Have you seen the new COVID rules for NFL players and staff?  It's basically racial discrimination thrust upon the unvaccinated.  It's utterly disgusting and if you care at all about freedom AT ALL you will do as I have done and quit all FF leagues and cancel your NFLN subscription.

NFL players have a very unique opportunity to make a stand and I'm hoping every single player who isn't vaccinated boycotts the NFL.  We have the power to make change if we stand together on this. IF you're a corporate and government cuck who likes being told how to live, what to eat, who you can talk to, who you can eat and live with, and what to put into your body, then I'd encourage you to read some history books to get perspective on the slippery slope we have found ourselves on.  The precedent being set around this vaccine is the most dangerous to date.  If you give the government and corporations bodily autonomy then you have nothing left that's yours, they will completely OWN YOU.  I'm urging all freedom lovers to quit the NFL immediately.  It's a very small sacrifice for what is at stake.

NFL Covid restrictions about halfway down the page - https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/6/16/22537177/nfl-nflpa-covid-vaccination-rules-2021

So vaccination is a race?

Maybe if the players' average age was over 40 then this might read differently

So vaccination is a race?
If you replace 'unvaccinated' with 'black people' the message is similar to what black folks experienced in this country up until the late 60s.  Do you honestly not see the similarities? 

If you are not vaccinated you are NOT allowed to:

• Eat with teammates
  • have marketing or promotional opportunities
  • Leave your hotel room for MEALS
  • Eat at restaurants
  • Interact with people who are not teammates

Does any of that seem normal to you?  If so, you should be locked up.

If you replace 'unvaccinated' with 'black people' the message is similar to what black folks experienced in this country up until the late 60s.  Do you honestly not see the similarities? 

• Eat with teammates
  • Eat at restaurants

Awful interpretation/analogy

• Eat with teammates
  • Eat at restaurants

With only like 20% hyperbole, this is one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever read about anything.

What's your follow up post?  Convicting someone of murder is racist because murder convicts are locked up and lose their freedom like a slave? 

Getting vaccinated or not is a choice.  Being born a certain race is not.

Someone please move this nonsense to the political forum where it belongs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful interpretation/analogy
Not at all.  Are you black?  If not, let someone who was exposed to that discrimination speak to it. If so, sorry you don't see the comparison. Two of my very best friends are black, they used the analogy and I agreed and used it here. We don't all have to agree on everything but if you can't see this is wrong, then you're completely blind and lost.  I will pray for you to gain some awareness.

This is insanity on caffeine. Move it or delete it please somebody.
What is insane?  You for not letting people have an opinion that's different from yours?  I don't agree, DELTE!!!  Well, I have a lot of friends who agree and they are amazing people who care about others and share nothing but love.  I don't really care if Scothawk from the internet doesn't agree.  

Okay that last post makes it clear he's just trolling.  Hopefully a mod will get rid of this soon so he can move on to phase 2 where he claims FBGs internet forum is oppressing him and violating his first amendment rights.

What is insane?  You for not letting people have an opinion that's different from yours?  I don't agree, DELTE!!!  Well, I have a lot of friends who agree and they are amazing people who care about others and share nothing but love.  I don't really care if Scothawk from the internet doesn't agree.  
Well you are not letting people have a different opinion than yours.  You are saying nobody should get vaccinated.  How about say do your own research and figure out if you want to be vaccinated or not.....just like any other vaccination.  I don't like some of the stipulations that are coming down about getting a vaccine and I am against all the extremists on both sides that say you must/must not get the vaccine.  I think everyone should decide from themselves and then go from there.  It shouldn't be an all or nothing.  

Please keep this on Football. If it becomes a political or "rights" discussion, this isn't the place for it. 

For this forum, keep the topic on player availability and how it will affect the player's stats.

For anything other than that, it needs to be in a different forum. Thanks. 

Okay that last post makes it clear he's just trolling.  Hopefully a mod will get rid of this soon so he can move on to phase 2 where he claims FBGs internet forum is oppressing him and violating his first amendment rights.
You are one dumb SOB.  You think I'm trolling?  I'm not. You're just uncomfortable with truth and you've obviously been so entitled your entire life that you can't let people live how they want. You feel the need to project your fear onto others and force others to live how YOU think they should live.  Why else would you support an organization that won't allow you to:

Eat with teammates

have marketing or promotional opportunities

Leave your hotel room for MEALS

Eat at restaurants

Interact with people who are not teammates

I would suggest you tolerate all people from all walks of life and not judge people based on their differences from you.  Seems like you have a problem with anyone different than you.  

Well you are not letting people have a different opinion than yours.  You are saying nobody should get vaccinated.  How about say do your own research and figure out if you want to be vaccinated or not.....just like any other vaccination.  I don't like some of the stipulations that are coming down about getting a vaccine and I am against all the extremists on both sides that say you must/must not get the vaccine.  I think everyone should decide from themselves and then go from there.  It shouldn't be an all or nothing.  
No I'm not.  I'm saying treat everyone equally.  Don't discriminate against people for ANY reason whether it be race, religion, MEDICAL decisions, gender etc... why is this concept so hard to grasp?

No I'm not.  I'm saying treat everyone equally.  Don't discriminate against people for ANY reason whether it be race, religion, MEDICAL decisions, gender etc... why is this concept so hard to grasp?
So you don't see a difference in treating someone differently if they had the virus from Outbreak that is highly contagious and makes you bleed through your eyes and eventually kills you (I am not saying Covid is this virus but exaggerating to show my point)?  Highly contagious viruses need to be treated differently.  Now whether or not Covid falls into this category has been debated ad nauseum and I won't go into it here.    Just stating why this is different than being black, gay, trans, asian, etc.

Not at all.  Are you black?  If not, let someone who was exposed to that discrimination speak to it. If so, sorry you don't see the comparison. Two of my very best friends are black, they used the analogy and I agreed and used it here. We don't all have to agree on everything but if you can't see this is wrong, then you're completely blind and lost.  I will pray for you to gain some awareness.
I am, and your statements are bewildering.....and that's my PC take, since what I REALLY think would most definitely get me a vacation fromthe boards.  Just, wow.  By the way,  your brother friends are just 2 of many, so I guess they speak for the entire race??? Kinda like Tim Scott and the GOP, huh?  I notoriously lurk and seldom post, but this is schtick, right?

Im not boycotting the NFL....Other than I have boycotted spending a $$ on anything related to the Detroit Lions since their wonderful 0-16 season.

I'll watch them..But I wont buy tickets, or spend anything on merch.  Not a penny.   

As far as the rest of the NFL...I got bore with FF some time ago so that's not a matter.  I might watch some here and there.

I didn't jump on boycotting them for the whole kneeling thing so I'm not jumping on this either.

Also. Do not call the original poster names. They're not going to be around for a little while for doing that to other people. In the same way, we don't want others calling the OP names. Thanks. 

[...] If you are not vaccinated you are NOT allowed to:

• Eat with teammates
  • Eat at restaurants
All that sounds reasonable to me, but they can still play in NFL games, no?

Seem like the NFL is trying to protect people the players are interacting with, besides the players.

I am, and your statements are bewildering.....and that's my PC take, since what I REALLY think would most definitely get me a vacation fromthe boards.  Just, wow.  By the way,  your brother friends are just 2 of many, so I guess they speak for the entire race??? Kinda like Tim Scott and the GOP, huh?  I notoriously lurk and seldom post, but this is schtick, right?
Not related to the topic, but I so love your avatar (and the album.) 

I heard the Patriots required all of their players to get vaccinated because they figured out a way to inject metal filings in the footballs to take advantage of the vaccine’s magnetic properties.

:tinfoilhat:

You are one dumb SOB.  You think I'm trolling?  I'm not. You're just uncomfortable with truth and you've obviously been so entitled your entire life that you can't let people live how they want. You feel the need to project your fear onto others and force others to live how YOU think they should live.  Why else would you support an organization that won't allow you to:

Eat with teammates

have marketing or promotional opportunities

Leave your hotel room for MEALS

Eat at restaurants

Interact with people who are not teammates

I would suggest you tolerate all people from all walks of life and not judge people based on their differences from you.  Seems like you have a problem with anyone different than you.  
Get vaccinated and you can do all of these things, don't want to get vaccinated then abide by the guidelines. 

The alternative is to let the unvaccinated do whatever they want, potentially cause covid outbreaks and go through last season's fiasco all over again.

From a constitutional perspective, since one is immutable and the other isn't, it's nowhere near the bold. 

Get vaccinated and you can do all of these things, don't want to get vaccinated then abide by the guidelines. 

The alternative is to let the unvaccinated do whatever they want, potentially cause covid outbreaks and go through last season's fiasco all over again.
Yeah it really is this simple. :goodposting:

"While many teams are claiming 100 percent of their front office, and support staff are fully vaccinated against the virus, the numbers for players are lagging woefully behind, estimated to be under 50 percent league-wide."  Good for the NFL players!!  Less than half are obeying the tyrants!!  Now if that cohort boycotts the league, we'll have a movement!  I hope these players realize the impact they could have.  Trust me, we don't want to live like this. If you're living in fear, it doesn't mean I have to!

Rather than boycotting, what if the players just made a symbolic gesture prior to each game to raise awareness for their cause, perhaps during the anthem or something?  

Users who are viewing this thread