What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boycott the NFL (1 Viewer)

Rather than boycotting, what if the players just made a symbolic gesture prior to each game to raise awareness for their cause, perhaps during the anthem or something?  
Like receiving a vaccination shot.  Whichever one that would have the most game impacting side effects of course.

potentially cause covid outbreaks and go through last season's fiasco all over again
Oh, we don't want this.  Never mind.  My bad.

I can certainly understand if the union has an issue with the promotions restriction as that inhibits the players' ability to earn money. But the rest aren't that much different from what my employer has implemented. 
But that is why they have collective bargaining, for situations like this.   There was some talk about the Cubs dumping their anti-vaxxers.  That is nice except two of them are Rizzo and Arrieta.  SHould a team have to disclose to another who has/hasn't had a vax?  I don't have a side in this, but its interesting to see how this develops.

Didn't we go through this a few years ago about some other issue?  I'm not quitting my fantasy league just because of someone else's personal problem.
Child abuse 

Kneeling

Military commercialization

Concussion

Treatment of women 

Clear bag policy

I'm sure there are others

Considering that this place wouldn't even exist without the NFL,  please explain then why you are even here.
Huh?  I'm was listing the other "issues" that we were recently supposed to boycott.

I think you misinterpreted that as me boycotting.  I've never "boycotted" something except for ####ty service

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the Patriots required all of their players to get vaccinated because they figured out a way to inject metal filings in the footballs to take advantage of the vaccine’s magnetic properties.

:tinfoilhat:
What they plan on doing is when they are making a drive east they plan on putting some iron near the east goal line and putting additional magnets in their helmets. They have tested this and some of their wrs have run some 3.9 40's

What they plan on doing is when they are making a drive east they plan on putting some iron near the east goal line and putting additional magnets in their helmets. They have tested this and some of their wrs have run some 3.9 40's
Steel injected golf balls and magnetic cups might improve my short game.

Have you seen the new COVID rules for NFL players and staff?  It's basically racial discrimination thrust upon the unvaccinated.  It's utterly disgusting and if you care at all about freedom AT ALL you will do as I have done and quit all FF leagues and cancel your NFLN subscription.

NFL players have a very unique opportunity to make a stand and I'm hoping every single player who isn't vaccinated boycotts the NFL.  We have the power to make change if we stand together on this. IF you're a corporate and government cuck who likes being told how to live, what to eat, who you can talk to, who you can eat and live with, and what to put into your body, then I'd encourage you to read some history books to get perspective on the slippery slope we have found ourselves on.  The precedent being set around this vaccine is the most dangerous to date.  If you give the government and corporations bodily autonomy then you have nothing left that's yours, they will completely OWN YOU.  I'm urging all freedom lovers to quit the NFL immediately.  It's a very small sacrifice for what is at stake.

NFL Covid restrictions about halfway down the page - https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/6/16/22537177/nfl-nflpa-covid-vaccination-rules-2021

If you support this then you're on the wrong side of humanity.  
Hi Rhythmdoctor, good to see you again. First of all I want to thank you again for your service. It's apparent that you're a passionate patriot who cares deeply about the state of the nation and is fighting for the values that are important to you. Kudos for that.

COVID-19 has been a real stressor on all of us, probably more so than any event I can recall in my lifetime (50 years old). The restrictions are not something any of us are used to, and from my perspective not anything I wanted. It's been tough on the kids too. Can anyone imagine growing up during a pandemic! Having to wear masks? Absolutely crazy stuff.

Times are still weird and as we get back to "normal", there are going to be questions on freedoms in ways we haven't dealt with before. Vaccinate or no? Still wear masks or no? Unprecedented issues. I tend to think we do better if we all pitch in and talk about these things so we can all help each other figure this crap out.

In terms of the feedback you've received, I hope we can all see that we can talk about these things, it's helpful to talk about them, and as time goes on hopefully things will get back to "normal". In the meantime, it seems that your passion has set off some alarm bells with folks because you do come across as extreme and that can be alarming. I think you'll find many people here who are open to conversations and this place helps people vent some of those passions unlike how we would be able to vent them IRL. But it may be helpful to take a step back and see how the reactions of others are reflecting on your intent. In my opinion, your views are valid, but the approach could use some work, maybe tone down some of the points a bit. People here are smart, by and large, and are not sheep. I think if you stick around you'll find that to be the case and hopefully you can engage with more posters here and we can all figure this out together. In the meantime, good to see you and have a great Father's Day.

"These latest guidelines retain the ability for players to have freedom of choice when it comes to getting vaccinated, but not the privilege of being free from consequences."

Seriously?!!  How is anyone in support of this?  !
That’s how freedom works. 

Have you seen the new COVID rules for NFL players and staff?  It's basically racial discrimination thrust upon the unvaccinated.  It's utterly disgusting and if you care at all about freedom AT ALL you will do as I have done and quit all FF leagues and cancel your NFLN subscription.

NFL players have a very unique opportunity to make a stand and I'm hoping every single player who isn't vaccinated boycotts the NFL.  We have the power to make change if we stand together on this. IF you're a corporate and government cuck who likes being told how to live, what to eat, who you can talk to, who you can eat and live with, and what to put into your body, then I'd encourage you to read some history books to get perspective on the slippery slope we have found ourselves on.  The precedent being set around this vaccine is the most dangerous to date.  If you give the government and corporations bodily autonomy then you have nothing left that's yours, they will completely OWN YOU.  I'm urging all freedom lovers to quit the NFL immediately.  It's a very small sacrifice for what is at stake.

NFL Covid restrictions about halfway down the page - https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/6/16/22537177/nfl-nflpa-covid-vaccination-rules-2021

If you support this then you're on the wrong side of humanity.  
There are anti-vaccers everywhere. NFL is no different

The best part of this to me:

Dude came to a Fantasy Football Message board to tell us he's quitting his fantasy football leagues.  
At some level, that does seem an appropriate forum if one is attempting to convince others to quit their fantasy football leagues, though.  More bang for your buck, as they say.

Didn't we go through this a few years ago about some other issue?  I'm not quitting my fantasy league just because of someone else's personal problem.
Exactly. When Kaepernick made his protest I knew more than a few folks who screamed, "boycott, boycott." The funny thing was they were not fans anyway and only watched the NFL when they were at my house on Sun. 

There is no way I'll quit watching my lifelong pigskin of pleasure! 

Vaccinate! Vaccinate!

MLB boycotting the fans this year unless you have a very particular cable network. Even your local MLB game is blacked out with a expensive MLB subscription.  

These people are, not smart. 
MLB has a lot of issues right now, they seem to bungle these issues on every front.  They have a labor issue, they have declining viewership, they waded into a political story they didn't need to, they have the issue with the "sticky stuff" and a pitcher dominated year where pitchers are concerned they could be injured when it's taken away, they have the launch angle era where it's basically a two outcome and more boring game.  Agreed what they are doing with the broadcasting is problematic too.  I would argue that the shrinking of minor league baseball will lead to further deterioration of fan interest down the road as many families use minor league baseball as a cheap form of entertainment.  Some of what they are facing are just issues that would have come up, others are self inflicted wounds.

Users who are viewing this thread