What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Men's College World Series (1 Viewer)

WDIK2

Footballguy
The CWS is back after taking a year off. Big deal for Omaha. Any interest? Going to the opening game on Saturday. Might be able to attend another game later in the week. 3 SEC, 2 ACC, 2 Pac 12, 1 Big 12 teams.

Saturday, June 19th
2:00 PM - Stanford vs. NC State
7:00 PM - Vanderbilt vs. Arizona

Sunday, June 20th
2:00 PM - Tennessee vs. Virginia
7:00 PM - Texas vs. Mississippi State (please no clanga)

Last edited:
Love watching the CWS on TV with my son.  He's going to be a high school senior this Fall, so not sure how much longer we will be able to keep this tradition going but will enjoy it while we've got it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the field is full of bluebloods.  ND had a great chance at Miss St and lost.

First game was fun. NC State had the bats going early. Stadium wasn't packed, but a lot of people tailgating and in the event areas around the stadium.

Going to the 1 pm game again tomorrow. 

One out bases loaded for Vandy bottom of 12th. If they don't score here I'm going to have to check the score in the morning.

I finally made it to Omaha six years ago, side trip before a weekend of baseball in KC. Only got to see one game ... TCU vs. LSU (with Bregman) in a late-round matchup.

Really wish I had been able to see Rosenblatt before it went away.

Saturday, June 19th
NC State 10, Stanford 4
Vanderbilt 7, Arizona 6 - 12 innings

Sunday, June 20th
Virginia 6, Tennessee 0
Mississippi State 2, Texas 1

Monday, June 21
Stanford vs Arizona - 1 PM Central - Pac 12 elimination game
NC State vs. Vanderbilt - 6 PM Central

Tuesday, June 22
Tennessee vs Texas - 1 PM Central - Orange team elimination game
Virginia vs Miss State - 6 PM Central

Edit: Game times

I have been 3 times (2001, 2007, 2009)....all at Rosenblatt.  Just a tremendous baseball experience.  Haven't been back since its has been in the new stadium.

Highly recommend for any baseball fan.

Monday, June 21
Stanford 14 vs Arizona 5 - Stanford sends the other Pac 12 team home.
NC State 1 vs. Vanderbilt 0 - Two Wolfpack pitchers combine for a 2 hitter.  Complete game for Vandy's Leiter only giving up 4 hits, but takes the L.

Tuesday, June 22
Tennessee vs Texas - 1 PM Central - Orange team elimination game
Virginia vs Miss State - 6 PM Central

Hope Vandy gets eliminated soon, I just can't abide the black uniforms with gold pinstripes. 

Well dang. Virginia's pitcher went into the top of the 8th with a no hitter then gave up 2 run homer. Still lead MSU 4-2.

My nephew is there and could have saw some history. 

4-0 lead and no hitter going into the 8th. Now down 5-4. Geez.

ETA:  Still top of the 8th. Virginia has just brought in their 4th pitcher of the inning. Clanga has batted around.

ETA2:  The Hoos? finally retire the side and are down 6-4 in the bottom of the 8th.

Tennessee eliminated by Texas earlier today 8-4.  Too bad.  The Vols brought a nice crowd.  Hope they stick around.

Mississippi State completes the comeback and hands Virginia their first loss 6-5.  Fun game.

Holy carp that Miss State game last night was great.  Really both their games have been about as good as baseball can be.  

This might be our year....another win and I'm heading up!  

My Wolfpack are just... :wub:  

Super fun group to watch. Never give up attitude. One win away from the finals is nuts.

Another good game going into late innings. Stanford leads Vanderbilt 5-4 bottom of 7th.  Loser goes home.

And Vandy ties it up in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.  ....  And now they walk it off on a wild pitch. 

Local radio announcers talking about surrender cobras.  :lmao:

Another wild game.  Our Coach said the other night the last 6 outs in Omaha are the most difficult to get. 

From the twitters: 

For what it's worth... a source is telling me NCAA doesn’t test vaccinated players. So players testing positive are going to be unvaccinated

whelp 

Looks like State is going to be playing with a... less than ideal roster today.

13 players :lmao:  

NC State star freshman pitcher playing first base gets a hit in his first AB of the year.

TEAM OF DESTINY!

But that’s why you get the vaccine 
How many tested positive?  I'm assuming 1.  The NCAA just turned their whole tournament into a show.  Vandy can win, should win these games going away and save pitches for Rocker and Leiter for the championship series.  Beyond NCSU this isn't fair to MSU or Texas.  These guys should be allowed to play and sit the one player.  Vandy may well win because of this, but they'll be less than that at least in my memory because this is being handed to them.

How many tested positive?  I'm assuming 1.  The NCAA just turned their whole tournament into a show.  Vandy can win, should win these games going away and save pitches for Rocker and Leiter for the championship series.  Beyond NCSU this isn't fair to MSU or Texas.  These guys should be allowed to play and sit the one player.  Vandy may well win because of this, but they'll be less than that at least in my memory because this is being handed to them.
Why are you assuming just 1? I would agree if the others were negative it’s wrong to sit them but I haven’t seen that reported anywhere. 

Why are you assuming just 1? I would agree if the others were negative it’s wrong to sit them but I haven’t seen that reported anywhere. 
It's 2, Jarrett and Justice.  The rest are protocol based from what I'm hearing.  Jarrett was the first they knew of, Justice they found out last minute.  Justice is the closer, that's why all those bullpen guys packed their bags and had to leave the field.  

It's 2, Jarrett and Justice.  The rest are protocol based from what I'm hearing.  Jarrett was the first they knew of, Justice they found out last minute.  Justice is the closer, that's why all those bullpen guys packed their bags and had to leave the field.  
Ah I thought I read 4-5. 

Either way, everybody knew the rules and the consequences I guess. Sucks for them for sure but can’t feel bad for them. 

Ah I thought I read 4-5. 

Either way, everybody knew the rules and the consequences I guess. Sucks for them for sure but can’t feel bad for them. 
Given the stance of the NCAA, I don't see them allowing many of these guys to return tomorrow.  This goes beyond NCSU.  Vandy should sit Leiter and only use him should they get in any real peril, which shouldn't happen.  There is literally a SP playing 1B.  The entire tournament's integrity has now been compromised.  

Given the stance of the NCAA, I don't see them allowing many of these guys to return tomorrow.  This goes beyond NCSU.  Vandy should sit Leiter and only use him should they get in any real peril, which shouldn't happen.  There is literally a SP playing 1B.  The entire tournament's integrity has now been compromised.  
NC State did this to themselves. :shrug:  

NC State did this to themselves. :shrug:  
Regardless of what NCSU did or didn't do, the NCAA handled this poorly.  That's really the point, I don't care about punishing NCSU.  The NCAA could have handled this so that the tournament wasn't put into this situation and their championship could potentially be tainted by this.

Let's say they do let the players return tomorrow save those two, this could have been played tomorrow with an if necessary doubleheader game so that they avoided this debacle.  Although I find it highly doubtful they allow those other guys to return.  That's my major problem, I don't see any risk to allowing the rest of the team to play.  If you are MSU or Texas you sure aren't happy right now. 

So far, miraculously NCSU has kept this close enough Vandy has had to leave Rocker in so far.  If Corbin were so inclined, he likely could get by without Leiter tomorrow giving him a huge advantage going for the championship.  This isn't basketball or football, Vandy is a team built around those two ace starters.  Even if you feel NCSU should somehow be punished, which I don't, it certainly isn't right to give Vandy an advantage over the other bracket by forcing this game forward today against a 13 man roster.  Either sit the two guys and play today, or postpone til tomorrow to try and get some guys back.  MLB did the same for outbreaks, this shouldn't be a punitive thing, especially to teams who weren't involved.

Regardless of what NCSU did or didn't do, the NCAA handled this poorly.  That's really the point, I don't care about punishing NCSU.  The NCAA could have handled this so that the tournament wasn't put into this situation and their championship could potentially be tainted by this.

Let's say they do let the players return tomorrow save those two, this could have been played tomorrow with an if necessary doubleheader game so that they avoided this debacle.  Although I find it highly doubtful they allow those other guys to return.  That's my major problem, I don't see any risk to allowing the rest of the team to play.  If you are MSU or Texas you sure aren't happy right now. 

So far, miraculously NCSU has kept this close enough Vandy has had to leave Rocker in so far.  If Corbin were so inclined, he likely could get by without Leiter tomorrow giving him a huge advantage going for the championship.  This isn't basketball or football, Vandy is a team built around those two ace starters.  Even if you feel NCSU should somehow be punished, which I don't, it certainly isn't right to give Vandy an advantage over the other bracket by forcing this game forward today against a 13 man roster.  Either sit the two guys and play today, or postpone til tomorrow to try and get some guys back.  MLB did the same for outbreaks, this shouldn't be a punitive thing, especially to teams who weren't involved.
I don’t totally disagree. I do feel if only 2 tested positive those are the only 2 that should be sitting. However, I assume this was all laid out great detail before the tournament so they knew the risks about not getting the shot going in. 

As for delaying the game, espn paid a lot of money to show these games. They have the tv windows they want for a reason. Delaying it untik tomorrow when it will be on a less viewed network or time window isn’t what espn is paying for. 

Basically you’re asking the entire tournament and a network to re-structure itself to appease 8-10 players who wouldn’t get the shot. Not going to happen, nor should it. 

I don’t totally disagree. I do feel if only 2 tested positive those are the only 2 that should be sitting. However, I assume this was all laid out great detail before the tournament so they knew the risks about not getting the shot going in. 

As for delaying the game, espn paid a lot of money to show these games. They have the tv windows they want for a reason. Delaying it untik tomorrow when it will be on a less viewed network or time window isn’t what espn is paying for. 

Basically you’re asking the entire tournament and a network to re-structure itself to appease 8-10 players who wouldn’t get the shot. Not going to happen, nor should it. 
I agree with all but the last part.  I'm not asking for the entire tournament to restructure, if we did what you are saying in your first paragraph, the rest would be moot.  I'm only asking for it to be moved a day if the NCAA insists on half the NCSU team sitting out today which neither of us thinks is the right course of action.  The trickle down issue in the integrity of the championship and how it impacts the MSU/Texas winner is potentially significant and it doesn't have to be.  

Users who are viewing this thread