What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I think I'm in the wrong here...BUT I'm kinda not and in fact I'm getting more frustrated by the minute. (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
-Mrs and I drink coffee on the 2nd floor lanai/Fl Room every morning looking out over our neighborhood, bird's eye view of our neighbors house on the corner, they moved in a couple years ago, 3-4 children all in the under 10 range i'll say, one or two of them are especially young, maybe under 5. 

-These children frequently run amok on ATV/little tiny Motorbikes or motorcycles and my wife and I have had our heart in our throat a couple times watching these children come within a foot or two if not inches of their lives darting in and out of traffic as folks drive home totally not expecting to see them darting out of the yard and their property. 

-On my way home tonight, I was driving by their home in order to get to my driveway where I live and the father(I know him) was attempting to back his truck into the driveway and not doing a very good job of it so I simply went around him by cutting thru our property on our side of the road away from him, I was pretty shocked when I pulled into my driveway or building/condo where I live and i see his truck pull up behind me...now I gotta tell you where I come from in Miami...this was not a good thing but I did recognize the man driving the truck as he jumped out.

-The only reason i know or knew who he was...we met at a bar(irony is thick) and I proceeded to tell him all about his kids and family much to his dismay while I was having a beer...these kids take off like a bat out of hell daily in the morning, I really don't care other than the fact he's harping on me about driving around him and what if his kids were running around outside...I wanted to lose my #### and go off on him and ask him about all these other times his kids are completely unattended running around the neighborhood and I have personally intervened twice while I was out walking/cycling trying to stop cars from coming near these kids, it's kind of infuriating. 

-I know his little ego was bruised because I wouldn't wait my turn while he blocked the entire street trying to back his F-250 or whatever into his driveway which already houses 3 Jeeps and an SUV(none of that matters but I'm just throwing it in, does every family own 4-5 vehicles these days?)

I was going to try and grab some donuts in the morning from an out of this world place (Jupiter Donuts-Haha) and just leave them with a note apologizing but I'm getting tired of always apologizing...these things need to stop and I know I somehow play a large part in it. Just everything of late, somebody seems personally offended, doesn't matter what I say or do. 

I can't be MOP anymore and it kinda sucks. Go ahead, just level me with one punch but I really do like their kids and rather enjoy watching them create terror for the other drivers when i'm sipping coffee upstairs. It's not the kids, it's the adults IMO but maybe I'm not understanding things. 

Peanut Gallery: "I'll take 6 glazed, 3 jelly and 3 Boston Creams" 

Last edited by a moderator:
I won’t tell you if your right or wrong but I would lean right. Nothing you can do though. Across America these families live. Along with families that do a good job of making sure nothing bad can happen. Then you have other parents that do there best and.that leaves us with parents that just aren’t up for the job.

Again, nothing you can do but maybe help when it all goes awry. Hope it doesn’t and it probably won’t. Odds are on there side. I know your older like me. We all knew friends and married couples that just didn’t get it. 

Odds are with them but I don’t like them. Probably 85-15 in the good maybe 75-25

Im a high 90’s for the good when it comes to my son. I would have wanted him or want him now (21) to not put himself in harms way.

They don’t want your opinion. Watch out for all neighbors when you can but don’t escalate with anyone with kids. It may not end well. 

I'm surprised someone hasn't called the cops on the kids riding the quads around.  Those things are annoyingly loud, and they shouldn't be driving them anywhere besides their own property.  They aren't allowed on the road, sidewalk, and anyone else's property would be trespassing.

Too bad he didn't back into your driveway. You could have been in your Florida room with a drink in your hand by the time he got out of his truck.

I was going to try and grab some donuts in the morning from an out of this world place (Jupiter Donuts-Haha) and just leave them with a note apologizing but I'm getting tired of always apologizing...these things need to stop and I know I somehow play a large part in it. Just everything of late, somebody seems personally offended, doesn't matter what I say or do. 
I wouldn't apologize.  In fact, I wouldn't give it much thought at all and anything the guy had to say to me would go in one ear and out the other.  

I'm surprised someone hasn't called the cops on the kids riding the quads around.  Those things are annoyingly loud, and they shouldn't be driving them anywhere besides their own property.  They aren't allowed on the road, sidewalk, and anyone else's property would be trespassing.
Multiple kids in our neighborhood have these little mini bikes (not quads...but little motorcycle things).  Started last summer during COVID with everyone home.  There are 2 of them that I worry will end up getting hit.  My son just started driving in the last year and we have warned him several times to really make sure when he is backing out of our driveway because those kids will come flying down the street.  Thankfully the annoying loud part helps identify when they are coming.

Even that said...the OP yeah, wrong to go around and through property even if its yours.  Take the minute or two to wait in the road like a civilized driver would.

-On my way home tonight, I was driving by their home in order to get to my driveway where I live and the father(I know him) was attempting to back his truck into the driveway and not doing a very good job of it so I simply went around him by cutting thru our property on our side of the road away from him
I don't understand what you mean by "cutting thru our property".   Does that mean you drove across your own lawn?  Or something else?

I don't understand what you mean by "cutting thru our property".   Does that mean you drove across your own lawn?  Or something else?
That's correct, you can't even tell I went over my swell, there's no tire tracks, i wasn't speeding, I just went around him and used some of my side of the street, I never came close to touching his property. he thought it was a little aggressive that I wouldn't sit there waiting for him to back in.

I don't disagree PP but I also stress, their kids had nothing to do with the father and I having a few words, we didn't even cuss though once we recognized the other one. It didn't get into a screaming match, he's my neighbor, I should have just sat there a few more seconds but I wanted into my home and I went around him. It's on me.  

Can I get one of these air guns that launches things and stuff it with candy and just blast it at their lawn when I come in and out of my neighborhood? 

Or can I at least mount some type of megaphone to the front of the car so I can talk to people while I'm driving? That's my dream..."Lady, would you please try to find the petal on the right, thank you!" Just gentle reminders for some folks when i'm on the road. 

Yes.  

The guy who lives across the street owns 6. Including a BBQ truck and trailer. We have 4. Guy next door has 4. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Just 1-2 adult drivers per house? My gawd, that's a lot of cars, I've never owned more than 1 car, my wife has 1 car, 2 adults 2 vehicles. Who needs 5 trucks in their driveway? 

That seems like a lot of money spent on depreciating property but wow, 14 vehicles spread over 3 houses, it must look like a used car lot around your street. 

Can I get one of these air guns that launches things and stuff it with candy and just blast it at their lawn when I come in and out of my neighborhood? 
Roommate in college had a "winger" (giant slingshot) that we used to launch water balloons at cars and pedestrians from our 2nd story balcony.  It was awesome on football gamedays.   Until some really large dude got hit with a balloon one day.   

This is the content I'm here for.

Is it just me or is the "here's what happened" part missing?

He pulled in behind you and....?

You guys have words? What was said? 

With the info given, while you may have been slightly impatient, him pulling up behind you into your driveway is waaaay over the bounds of acceptable behavior. Very aggressive and not at all cool.  

If his kids might have been running around out there at the time, he probably wouldn't have been attempting to back into his driveway. Okay, he probably would have, but he shouldn't have if he was concerned.

We need an illustration, tbh. 

something like:

--------------------------------------------

|  MOP                                        |

|house                                        |

|  \     \                                         |                                  JUPITER

|  \     \                MOP swerve    |                                 DONUTS

==============^^^^^=======================OOOOO====

==============F15*==================================

|                           \       \             |

|                       HOUSE O'         |

|                           KIDS             |

------------------------------------------

With the info given, while you may have been slightly impatient, him pulling up behind you into your driveway is waaaay over the bounds of acceptable behavior. Very aggressive and not at all cool.  
Yeah, there seems to be a big hole in this story.  The Tarantino-esque flashback to meeting him at a bar and complaining about his kids doesn' t seem t ever roll back around to the main narrative.   

I don't get this, either.  I would have gotten out of my car, locked it, gone into my house, locked the door.  No discussion with the neighbor at all.

Just 1-2 adult drivers per house? My gawd, that's a lot of cars, I've never owned more than 1 car, my wife has 1 car, 2 adults 2 vehicles. Who needs 5 trucks in their driveway? 

That seems like a lot of money spent on depreciating property but wow, 14 vehicles spread over 3 houses, it must look like a used car lot around your street. 
It does look like a parking lot. The old neighbor on the other side had 4 cars too, but he just moved.  Oh, yeah this is Alabama. They do all run, so there's that.

We have 4 drivers. 18yo bought his car last month as he'll be attending community college in the fall, 16yo drives my old Highlander.  Our vehicles total cost $70k and we've kept two over a decade.

Auto insurance is double my annual property taxes. 😕

Wait! Painted red bricks white??

I'm from Miami too.

I'd have brought the bazooka out and leveled the house.
Whitewashing and lime washing have become popular here. Confusingly, some lime wash is white. It's not as good trend.

Wait! Painted red bricks white??

I'm from Miami too.

I'd have brought the bazooka out and leveled the house.
@Mrs. Rannous and @Leroy Hoardalso understood this joke, my wife and I were beside ourselves and the man who bought their home next door, he opted to just chop down 4 entire Cuban Palms that had to be worth a lot of money in landscaping, these are the really big ones and I can understand maybe not wanting all 4 of them but leaving 2 behind would have done the job. It's amazing how some folks have no taste or understanding, why buy a red brick home and then paint it white?

Just to clarify, it seemed to quell pretty quickly and I did seem to hear my wife upstairs open the door and something like WTF is going on out here? might have been heard and it seemed to scare the guy off a bit. I tried to calm him down quickly and tell him to just relax and there were no kids around, no blades of his grass touched, nothing to keep getting fired up about. I guess I could have called the Sheriff's office but really I just wanted to get home and wasn't really looking for a huge argument with anyone. 

We need an illustration, tbh. 

something like:

--------------------------------------------

|  MOP                                        |

|house                                        |

|  \     \                                         |                                  JUPITER

|  \     \                MOP swerve    |                                 DONUTS

==============^^^^^=======================OOOOO====

==============F15*==================================

|                       HOUSE O'         |

|                           KIDS             |

------------------------------------------
:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

My 1st nominee for PoTY 

So you know the kids that live at this house are reckless and drive in the road and in general don't pay attention and you decide to drive around a big truck in to the wrong lane and across your yard.  Is that right?

Whitewashing and lime washing have become popular here. Confusingly, some lime wash is white. It's not as good trend.
I'm not exactly sure what lime washing is but I was going to post this - whitewashing brick is a common home improvement thing around here too and honestly it usually looks better to me.

Users who are viewing this thread