What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finish last in your league? Suffer the Waffle House treatment ... (1 Viewer)

Doug B

Footballguy
'Full of waffles but devoid of life:' Fantasy football loser punished with 15 hours in Waffle House (Yahoo Sports)

Fantasy football isn't real (hence the name), but it can have real life consequences. Lee Sanderlin knows first-hand about the pain that can come from a last-place fantasy football finish. 

Sanderlin, a journalist for the Clarion Ledger in Jackson, Mississippi, finished last in his 2020 fantasy football league. His punishment? Spend 24 hours in a Waffle House, with one hour subtracted for each waffle he could eat. 

He ended up eating nine waffles and spent 15 hours in a Waffle House, and we know this because he tweeted through the entire ordeal. 
Not sure if this goes better in the Shark Pool or FFA. Could also spark some posts here about some of the more creative last-place punishments different leagues implement.

Reading the original story, I couldn't help thinking "Joey Chestnut finishes last in this league, he probably spends about 20 minutes in the Waffle House."

"Sir, may I take your order?"

"23 waffles and two pitchers of water, please."  :X
I think he blew it. He tried to dive in & chow as many as possible quickly. 

Shoulda paced himself. A waffle every 30 mins or so. By the time he pooped out the 1st one, he’d have room for more. 

Also he said there was no penalty for a “reversal”. So he coulda gone to the head, stuck his finger down his throat & come back for 5 more. 

He went about it all wrong. 

I'd be out of ther ein 1-2 hours easy.

eta - of course ive never finished last in aleague in my life so I wouldnt need to bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
matuski said:
I'd be out of ther ein 1-2 hours easy.

eta - of course ive never finished last in aleague in my life so I wouldnt need to bother.
I find both of these statements somewhat questionable. 🤔 

Couldn't find a comprehensive thread for punishments.

Saw a creative one on Tik Tok. League loser has to take the ACT test and score a minimum of a 19 or he must retake.
I just sent this to my league mates. As long as the ACT would take in 50 year old dudes, I’d be down for this.

We had the last place team in our league do the waffle house challenge as a punishment. The last place team then decided after getting last he wouldn't do it and said he would donate to charity instead. Total copout.

Users who are viewing this thread