What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recommendations for new casual dress shirts? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Don't know how much action the FBG fashion thread is getting these days.  I probably need to refresh my wardrobe throughout but am OK with jeans/pants/shorts/shoes/belts, etc.  Shirts need a major overhaul though as they are played out. 2 areas:

1.  Need short and long sleeve options casual button up options.  I don't like a ton of extra fabric and with dress shirts I get slim fit.  Bought several Robert Graham shirts but they just are too roomy.  Same with Tommy Bahama, Coastaro from Nordstrom, etc.  Also I don't want any long tail in the back.  So want to wear them out and have them the right length.  Haven't gone the Untuckit route yet but I know that's one option.  What else? Want soft fabric that drapes nicely, fits great in the shoulders/chest but isn't a dress in length.  Everything that's big enough in the neck and chest seems to be too roomy and long.

2. Tees.  I have broken the rule as an older guy who still likes a cool graphic.  We're not talking Affliction type stuff. but if it's a cool black tee in a great blended fabric (don't want just cotton that shrinks/wrinkles) and has a Viper Room or some other music venue type graphic I like it to go with jeans.  Think night out at a concert.  But if there are great plain T's I'm open.  Not a V neck guy though.

Any recommendations? Summer is here and I'm behind!

Last edited by a moderator:
for plain tees,  i just grabbed a handful of Next Level tees from jiffyshirt.com. 

they were sub $5 each, feel great and fit exactly as i like them. neck is not sloppy or loose. length is a bit longer, but not too long and they're slim to show off my spectacular FBG physique.

would definitely recommend

i just learned of Criquet for polo shirts. haven't bought any yet, but i like the look for when i might need to have something like it. 

for plain tees,  i just grabbed a handful of Next Level tees from jiffyshirt.com. 
:thumbup:

The Next Level 6010 is my go-to on everything. I dunno why but I just look great in this T. Lots of places do custom designs with it as well so it's easy to get in a variety of colors and logos. 

those pocket and button pocket are like K Mart '70s throwbacks.

just drop into your nearest VFW and you'll see plenty - is that the look now ...really?  

and those deep, below mid-chest placket (that thing were the buttons are) - direct from 1975

pretty gross
that's my style.  we grew up on Kmart. i'm bringing the Tarlek look back, baby! it's an homage!

Guayabera 

Can go short or long sleeve.  Always untucked. Can dress up or dress down. Various fabrics.  Linen is great if someone else irons for you and does a great job. 

Users who are viewing this thread