What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime Day 2021 (1 Viewer)

A brownout killed our TV (transformer sputtered out).  I was thinking of waiting for Prime Day, but just got a cheap TCL from Sam's.  After 1.5 years of pandemic shopping, I can't really think of anything I want to watch for on Prime Day.

Broke the screen on my Apple Watch series 3 a couple weeks ago. Looking for a series 6. Best Buy already has them marked down $70, hoping to see better deals tomorrow. (Don’t care if it’s Amazon or some other retailer. Just want to save some bucks)

MindCrime said:
Broke the screen on my Apple Watch series 3 a couple weeks ago. Looking for a series 6. Best Buy already has them marked down $70, hoping to see better deals tomorrow. (Don’t care if it’s Amazon or some other retailer. Just want to save some bucks)
Unfortunately you don’t see many hot deals on Apple items unless they are a generation behind.

Grabbed some curl bars for my sons since they have a bunch of weights down to 2.5 and 5 lbs for the other bars. Dumbbells at larger weights are really expensive so for $40 they now have any weight they want.

Grabbed some curl bars for my sons since they have a bunch of weights down to 2.5 and 5 lbs for the other bars. Dumbbells at larger weights are really expensive so for $40 they now have any weight they want.
50 mm bars or the smaller ones?  I've been looking to pick up some 50mm curling bars but everyone has been out of stock for the past 15 months.

I have a set of Powerblocks for my home gym - very compact (don't take up a ton of space) and high range of weights, pretty reasonable, which you can progressively add to. There's other similar brands that look more like normal dumbbells, too. I love those things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought this portable speaker (usually $50, on sale for $35). I had been in the market for a decently cheap one, as my other bluetooth speakers are plug-only -- mostly something to set up in the backyard to while reading.

50 mm bars or the smaller ones?  I've been looking to pick up some 50mm curling bars but everyone has been out of stock for the past 15 months.
These are the 2”, so I assume that’s what you mean:

AboveGenius Pair of 16" Olympic Dumbbell Handles Loadable Dumbbell Bars for 2-inch Olympic Weight Plates Ideal for Home Gym Strength Training, 2 Pair of Spring Collars Included

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XZ9D6VY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_C5VEPP2BQ8PPTG4M4YPX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Still on Prime Day deal although delivery is slated 2 weeks out.

I have a set of Powerblocks for my home gym - very compact (don't take up a ton of space) and high range of weights, pretty reasonable, which you can progressively add to. There's other similar brands that look more like normal dumbbells, too. I love those things.
Hmm, making me think. They’ve got them on Amazon and my company gives us a stipend each year for health stuff that I can use to basically get them almost free. Might be way easier. I may order those and see if they like them. It’s in stock to deliver soon.

Hmm, making me think. They’ve got them on Amazon and my company gives us a stipend each year for health stuff that I can use to basically get them almost free. Might be way easier. I may order those and see if they like them. It’s in stock to deliver soon.
They're pretty convenient. Only reason I mentioned other options besides Powerblocks is there are some reps I can't quite do the same way because of the shape (like certain pulldowns) but you can adjust. NordicTrack and Bowflex both have versions of them (search for adjustable dumbbells.)

Darn it--missed this one. 
I thought I did too. When I first looked it said it was 100% claimed and gave an option to join the waitlist.  I didn't even do that, but later wanted to show my wife the chair I didn't get - and it was showing available again.

I thought about this one but passed. Let us know how it is. Weight limit is a bit lower than required :bag:
That's not a good chair.  A good chair, and a good shredder are the only two things I tell people they should spend some money on. A good chair will last a lifetime and your back will thank you for it.  

Everyone, myself included, tries to put too much paper in a shredder in one pass. You end up burning out the motor quickly and then are buying another shredder. 

This is a good chair. Lifetime warranty. Comfortable. Lots of adjustments.  Will last forever. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E9Y98YM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_11C0MVZWX7J619XQSB33

Buy at Amazon, a local office/furniture place or if you want I can see what I can do.  There was a price increase 6/1 so not exactly sure what that entails as I haven't been working much. 

ETA

I apologize for denigrating the chair purchase some of you made. It's fine for what it is.  I got excited because it's so extremely rare there's something around here I can consider my an expert at.  lol :)

Also, the warranty on the above chair is really easy to manage if there problems. Big IF but there's a serial number under the seat. Call the manufacturer, phone right by serial. They fix you up without a hassle. Hon is a great company to work with. 

That's not a good chair.  A good chair, and a good shredder are the only two things I tell people they should spend some money on. A good chair will last a lifetime and your back will thank you for it.  

Everyone, myself included, tries to put too much paper in a shredder in one pass. You end up burning out the motor quickly and then are buying another shredder. 

This is a good chair. Lifetime warranty. Comfortable. Lots of adjustments.  Will last forever. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E9Y98YM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_11C0MVZWX7J619XQSB33

Buy at Amazon, a local office/furniture place or if you want I can see what I can do.  There was a price increase 6/1 so not exactly sure what that entails as I haven't been working much. 

ETA

I apologize for denigrating the chair purchase some of you made. It's fine for what it is.  I got excited because it's so extremely rare there's something around here I can consider my an expert at.  lol :)

Also, the warranty on the above chair is really easy to manage if there problems. Big IF but there's a serial number under the seat. Call the manufacturer, phone right by serial. They fix you up without a hassle. Hon is a great company to work with. 
Ideally, my company would have let my bring my Aeron home but :kicksrock:

They're pretty convenient. Only reason I mentioned other options besides Powerblocks is there are some reps I can't quite do the same way because of the shape (like certain pulldowns) but you can adjust. NordicTrack and Bowflex both have versions of them (search for adjustable dumbbells.)
Thanks for the info. Checking with my son on what he’d want. I think these would be much easier for both my boys to use without having to buy as many dumbbells. It’s all (Ethos power rack plus bench and stuff) in the middle of the garage. My wife and I still park there so kind of like a small car size room.

ETA: Got the Bowflex since it went up to 55 lbs.

By the way, if you reload $40 to your account or get $40 in gift cards, you get a free $10. I did the reload and used it on the dumbbells and basically got a free $10. Worth it. 

By the way, if you reload $40 to your account or get $40 in gift cards, you get a free $10. I did the reload and used it on the dumbbells and basically got a free $10. Worth it. 
Of course I loaded 100 in gift cards on my account on Sunday.  Sheesh.  

I have these and they are amazing. Super easy to use and go up to 50 pounds. They were $280 at Amazon when I got them a few months before Covid happened. Then they were out of stock everywhere.  They are $400 now at Amazon so that's a decent price all things considered being on sale.

As with past years, just watched for stuff that I was planning on buying anyway and see if there is a better price.  Got polo shirts, cycling shorts and a dutch oven.  Was hoping for a good deal on luggage, but nothing outstanding.  Saved about $50.  I'm not expecting them to have PS5's for $3.  I'm not a Prime Day hater. 

As with past years, just watched for stuff that I was planning on buying anyway and see if there is a better price.  Got polo shirts, cycling shorts and a dutch oven .  Was hoping for a good deal on luggage, but nothing outstanding.  Saved about $50.  I'm not expecting them to have PS5's for $3.  I'm not a Prime Day hater. 
Most people give these, not buy them.

This didn't work for me...

😢
It doesn’t add the $10 for another couple days. Did you get the coupon added to your account? On the page that describes it there was an add to account button that after clicked said the coupon was added to my account. I don’t see the $10 yet but it mentioned it takes a couple days. Basically, allowing you to get the $10 to spend after Prime Day otherwise everyone would do it immediately. 

It doesn’t add the $10 for another couple days. Did you get the coupon added to your account? On the page that describes it there was an add to account button that after clicked said the coupon was added to my account. I don’t see the $10 yet but it mentioned it takes a couple days. Basically, allowing you to get the $10 to spend after Prime Day otherwise everyone would do it immediately. 
Didn't have that.

Just saw this...  Amazon Purchase Credits

Deal Instructions:

Prime Members, click here and sign in to your account to verify your eligibility

Qualified Prime Members, Open Amazon App (Android or iOS)

Make a Purchases $200+ to be eligible for the promo below

Make a Purchase $200+, Receive $15 Credit

Make a Purchase $300+, Receive $25 Credit

Make a Purchase $600+, Receive $70 Credit

Upon making Qualifying Purchase, You will receive an Amazon app notification to redeem your coupon on or before July 3rd, 2021.

After you receive your notification, you can tap through to claim your coupon. Once claimed, you can apply that amount towards your next in-app purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.

Deal Editor's Notes & Price Research:

Offer Terms:

Offer is valid through 23:59 p.m. (PT) June 22, 2021.

Gift card purchases, fees, taxes, discounts, gift wrap and shipping and handling costs are excluded when determining the total amount spent.

Customers will not receive credit for cancelled or returned orders.

Think I might have figgered it out.

I'm more confident than Ben Simmons is anyways.

Just saw this...  Amazon Purchase Credits

Deal Instructions:

Prime Members, click here and sign in to your account to verify your eligibility

Qualified Prime Members, Open Amazon App (Android or iOS)

Make a Purchases $200+ to be eligible for the promo below

Make a Purchase $200+, Receive $15 Credit

Make a Purchase $300+, Receive $25 Credit

Make a Purchase $600+, Receive $70 Credit

Upon making Qualifying Purchase, You will receive an Amazon app notification to redeem your coupon on or before July 3rd, 2021.

After you receive your notification, you can tap through to claim your coupon. Once claimed, you can apply that amount towards your next in-app purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.

Deal Editor's Notes & Price Research:

Offer Terms:

Offer is valid through 23:59 p.m. (PT) June 22, 2021.

Gift card purchases, fees, taxes, discounts, gift wrap and shipping and handling costs are excluded when determining the total amount spent.

Customers will not receive credit for cancelled or returned orders.
Nice. With the $10 gift card thing, I should get $35 total credit. Add in the 6% that’s a nice $55 back on a $329 purchase. 

Purchased the $40 GC around lunchtime yesterday and just got this email from Amazon...

Here's your promotional credit from your recent Amazon order

Thank you for purchasing 'Amazon.com Gift Card...' from Amazon.com. Your order has earned you a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit will be automatically applied to your next eligible order.

Additional information on this offer can be found here.

A $10 promotional credit has been applied to your account. The promotional credit is valid through August 7, 2021 and is good for eligible products sold by Amazon.com.

This credit will expire on August 7, 2021. For more information, please read our Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.
Amazon.com

Ok, the GC bonus and that extra $70 credit got me to finally pull the trigger on this thing: iRobot Roomba i6+

Haven't had a Roomba since one of the originals almost 20 years ago that I bought on a whim after a great craps run.

At least it should keep the cats busy. 😺😾 💿

Now what to spend the other $100.01 on to get the $70 back?  Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread