What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neighbour stole my doggy's doodoo (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Live in a very small, wealthy town, surrounded by mostly retired or close to retired snobs that mostly relocated from toronto. (note: I am neither wealthy nor old). Folks in this town are as ANAL as it gets... the most entitled humans I can think of.

Anyways.. my dog takes a dump on our front lawn  every morning, and we generally pick it up near immediately or later in the day in a blue doodoo bag, toss it in this half cut wine barrel (that's half filled w soil) off our front steps, and then every few days or so, i grab them all and toss them in the trash that we keep in a critter proof rubbermaid housing in the backyard. We mostly do this cuz when we wake up at 6-630am we're still half asleep as our lil dog begs to take a crap.. not in the mood to walk round the house to toss it asap

wife is working from home and txts me, LIVID, that the oldish guy across the street (who has always been nice and overly talkative to us) came right into our yard, reached into the barrel, took the bags of poo, walked back to his house, and threw them in HIS garbage in his garage (that was open so she saw him do it)

ive been stewing on this for days now. i dont know how or even if i should approach him about this. if you're standing eye level to our house, you can't see the bags unless you're EXPLICITLY looking, and tall. They, however, sit on their raised front porch every morning and can likely see the bags... but again, they're IN a half cut barrel right off our front steps.

talk to me. 

Why are you upset?  

And you’re mad for what reason? 
The wife is angrier than I. I'm just bothered that he felt it ok to walk right up to my front steps and take the "goods" back to his house, as if to say we're neglectful of his beloved neighborhood. 

Just as an aside... To get to our front steps, he trekked across our entire front yard, street to steps. A solid 40-50ft of my lawn under his arrogant feet

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife is angrier than I. I'm just bothered that he felt it ok to walk right up to my front steps and take the "goods" back to his house, as if to say we're neglectful of his beloved neighborhood. 
Seems like you guys are choosing to interpret it in a disrespectful way for some reason.  I still don’t understand why either your wife or you are upset. A few years ago my neighbor asked me to keep an eye on his house while he was on vacation.  I realized that while he was away that he’d miss a trash day so I put his trash out and put it away. Years later- that same neighbor will sometimes wheel my trash cans to the curb for me if he’s doing his before I’ve done mine. Neighbors do neighborly things. I find it weird that you guys are  triggered by this. 

I find it weird that you guys are triggered by this. 
Im genuinely a laid back guy. I guess you have to know/feel the vibe of this town to get it. I truly feel it was done w disrespect, but I could be wrong. 

Id rather approach him it w it, cooly, but not sure how (or if I should even bother)

You said he is nice and overly chatty so just ask him about it. I am sure you can be polite and come to an agreement on the poop. 

".... such a nice yard ... Shame that it's tainted with all those blue poo baggies on the front steps."

"There. They can thank me later."

Live in a very small, wealthy town, surrounded by mostly retired or close to retired snobs that mostly relocated from toronto. (note: I am neither wealthy nor old). Folks in this town are as ANAL as it gets... the most entitled humans I can think of. (Sounds like my kind of town, do you have the name of any Realtors?)

Anyways.. my dog takes a dump on our front lawn  every morning, and we generally pick it up near immediately or later in the day in a blue doodoo bag, toss it in this half cut wine barrel (that's half filled w soil) off our front steps, and then every few days or so, i grab them all and toss them in the trash that we keep in a critter proof rubbermaid housing in the backyard. We mostly do this cuz when we wake up at 6-630am we're still half asleep as our lil dog begs to take a crap.. not in the mood to walk round the house to toss it asap (This is all code for LAZY OWNER)

wife is working from home and txts me, LIVID, that the oldish guy across the street (who has always been nice and overly talkative to us) came right into our yard, reached into the barrel, took the bags of poo, walked back to his house, and threw them in HIS garbage in his garage (that was open so she saw him do it) (He got tired of living like a filthy pig)

ive been stewing on this for days now. i dont know how or even if i should approach him about this. if you're standing eye level to our house, you can't see the bags unless you're EXPLICITLY looking, and tall. They, however, sit on their raised front porch every morning and can likely see the bags... but again, they're IN a half cut barrel right off our front steps.

talk to me. 
Just pick it up with a plastic bag like everyone else does in my little entitled section of the universe. They even have free hanging bags similar to the produce departments in grocery stores around the neighborhood. Nobody in their right mind would stockpile it like chimney wood beside their house until they finally "felt" like doing the right thing. I'm surprised he didn't throw lighter fluid on it and just light a match and watch it burn. 

Nothing personal Soul, just shooting from my hip.  

Because someone is trespassing on his property?
And? The neighbor is effectively doing a chore to make his life easier. The neighbor isn’t trespassing to steal. If he doesn’t like it- just have a quick and polite conversation about it with the neighbor. For his wife and him to be irate about it is juvenile. They live in a snooty neighborhood and are offended when borderline snooty things happen? 

Soulfly3 said:
Live in a very small, wealthy town, surrounded by mostly retired or close to retired snobs that mostly relocated from toronto. (note: I am neither wealthy nor old). Folks in this town are as ANAL as it gets... the most entitled humans I can think of.

Anyways.. my dog takes a dump on our front lawn  every morning, and we generally pick it up near immediately or later in the day in a blue doodoo bag, toss it in this half cut wine barrel (that's half filled w soil) off our front steps, and then every few days or so, i grab them all and toss them in the trash that we keep in a critter proof rubbermaid housing in the backyard. We mostly do this cuz when we wake up at 6-630am we're still half asleep as our lil dog begs to take a crap.. not in the mood to walk round the house to toss it asap

wife is working from home and txts me, LIVID, that the oldish guy across the street (who has always been nice and overly talkative to us) came right into our yard, reached into the barrel, took the bags of poo, walked back to his house, and threw them in HIS garbage in his garage (that was open so she saw him do it)

talk to me. 
This is a MoP parody post, yes? 

DallasDMac said:
I guess I'm not a big fan of people picking and choosing to disregard laws simply because they feel it is justified in their mind. This guy should NOT be entering their property without the owner's permission unless it is a safety issue.
According to this logic- anytime anybody came up to ring their doorbell it’d be trespassing.  Talk to the neighbor. I still don’t see how getting upset and disrespected by it is the justified reaction 

im just gonna drop the idea of "confronting" him about it. I just think it's a touch uncool to hit my doorstep for that kinda thing. i feel like it wasn't done in a helpful way, more a "we don't mess around here" way. 

he also parks his cars on the road in front of his house, from fri-sun, so "tourists" don't. that kinda guy

I don't understand why you have so many steps and containers involved in your poop collection process. This middle barrel waystation is weird. Throw it in the final trash bin right away. 

"Yeah when I take off my dirty sweaty stinky socks at the end of the day, I like to place them in a ceremonial goblet I keep in the sunroom. Then after a few days, once several pairs have gotten ripe out there, I empty the goblet into the laundry hamper in the master bathroom. Then one day my teenage son was taking his laundry basket down to the washing machine, and on the way, he picked up my sockgoblet and threw my socks in the wash with his clothes without asking me! They hadn't even dried out yet! On a scale of 1 to 10, how livid should I be? 8? 9?...I think 11??"

You could have a Port-a-Potty installed towards the edge of your property by the street and make sure you have a permit for some light in house work that still requires a toilet for the men to be able to use the restroom freely with the new Covid rules.

Might be time to have some fresh manure laid out on your entire yard so is ready to grow when season hits.

I think your wife may be livid because she sees this as an implied criticism of her housekeeping.  Also, he's spying on your house enought to know that you collect the poop and put it in the barrel.  That's just weird.

PS-  Put lime jello in the barrel.

Soulfly3 said:

Just as an aside... To get to our front steps, he trekked across our entire front yard, street to steps. A solid 40-50ft of my lawn under his arrogant feet
Again, WTF are you upset about?  HE TOOK #### OUT OF YOUR FRONT LAWN CONTAINER AND PUT IT IN HIS GARBAGE CANS. Stop playing the victim and move on.  You have nothing to be upset about.  

Again, WTF are you upset about?  HE TOOK #### OUT OF YOUR FRONT LAWN CONTAINER AND PUT IT IN HIS GARBAGE CANS. Stop playing the victim and move on.  You have nothing to be upset about.  
He sounds like a really weird creeper to me.

He sounds like a really weird creeper to me.
Who? The person who collects bags of dog poop in a nice neighborhood and stores them in his front yard for the neighbors to see— or the neighbor who takes it on himself to actually dispose of the poop bags in a timely manner? There clearly is enough creepy weirdness going around with both parties here imo. 

decent takes everywhere. 

:lol:  needed a good laugh. of course this morning the dog has only peed so far, so i cant even toss a fresh one of my barrel for his to simmer over... 

Seems odd the guy would put bags of poop in a garbage can inside his garage.   Who would want their garage to smell like poop? :X

all I can tell you is that in 1972 a crack commando unit of brohans was sent to prison by a military court for crimes they didnt commit they promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the greater milwaukee brewtown underground where today still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune and if you have a problem and no one else can help and if you can finedthem maybe you can hire the b team take that to the bank bromigo 

Users who are viewing this thread