What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Milley destroys Matt Gaetz in answering question about Critical Race Theory, “wokeness” and the military (1 Viewer)

Listen, guys.  You're all smart in here and the obvious gaslighting and disingenuous going on right now is absurd. 

There is a difference between "studying" CRT and actually implementing education courses based on it.  But, by all means, keep patting each other on the back on how you really got Getz.

My take away is that Milley just reinforced they were studying it like we do the Communist Manifesto (at a distance and like, "how the hell does nonsense like this even exist?").  Not that they are creating entire educational curriculums based on CRT (i.e. Marxist) principles.

That is much different than what is happening around the country with School Boards trying to sneak this dangerous CRT nonsense into the curriculum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, guys.  You're all smart in here and the obvious gaslighting and disingenuous going on right now is absurd. 

There is a difference between "studying" CRT and actually implementing education courses based on it.  But, by all means, keep patting each other on the back on how you really got Getz.

My take away is that Milley just reinforced they were studying it like we do the Communist Manifesto (at a distance and like, "how the hell does nonsense like this even exist?").  Not that they are creating entire educational curriculums based on CRT (i.e. Marxist) principles.

That is much different than what is happening around the country with School Boards trying to sneak this dangerous CRT nonsense into the curriculum.
What school board is trying to sneak it in? How exactly? 

Misbar’s Analysis

Misbar's investigation found that the claims about CRT as vastly overstated. It’s only taught in one class, “The Politics of Race, Gender, and Sexuality.” Even then, it has a small presence in the curriculum – there are two lessons about race and one single reading of CRT. The class is an elective, too. It is taken almost exclusively by upper-level political science majors.  Fox News also alleged that China “couldn’t do better” to hurt the U.S. military than have CRT be taught in the US military.

Since taking one class seems unlikely to hurt the military, we rate this as commotion.

https://misbar.com/en/factcheck/2021/06/19/commotion-role-of-critical-race-theory-at-west-point

Misbar’s Analysis

Misbar's investigation found that the claims about CRT as vastly overstated. It’s only taught in one class, “The Politics of Race, Gender, and Sexuality.” Even then, it has a small presence in the curriculum – there are two lessons about race and one single reading of CRT. The class is an elective, too. It is taken almost exclusively by upper-level political science majors.  Fox News also alleged that China “couldn’t do better” to hurt the U.S. military than have CRT be taught in the US military.

Since taking one class seems unlikely to hurt the military, we rate this as commotion.

https://misbar.com/en/factcheck/2021/06/19/commotion-role-of-critical-race-theory-at-west-point
INDOCTRINATION

CRT is taught at universities aroubd the country. As it should be. I thought people were all up in arms because this was being taught at the elementary school level?
Can't it be both?

I just dont understand what CRT had to do with Jan 6

Can't it be both?

I just dont understand what CRT had to do with Jan 6
Nothing.  It has nothing to do with Mao Tse Tung, Karl Marx, or Lenin either.  I think the General was just using that as an example of the desire to become extremely knowledgeable on different subjects and having a good understanding of the mindset of people that support different things.

Nothing.  It has nothing to do with Mao Tse Tung, Karl Marx, or Lenin either.  I think the General was just using that as an example of the desire to become extremely knowledgeable on different subjects and having a good understanding of the mindset of people that support different things.
General Milley brought up Jan 6th in a response to a CRT question, so I want to understand how they connect. 

Cant wait for the schools to start teaching Mein Kampf so we understand that better too.

General Milley brought up Jan 6th in a response to a CRT question, so I want to understand how they connect. 

Cant wait for the schools to start teaching Mein Kampf so we understand that better too.
I'm sure there are university courses studying Nazi Germany that probably already have this as part of their reading material.  Knowledge is power.

I'm sure there are university courses studying Nazi Germany that probably already have this as part of their reading material.  Knowledge is power.
Would you support Milley putting that literature on his reading list for all military members to read?

Would you support Milley putting that literature on his reading list for all military members to read?
No.  I believe something like this should be an elective course because of its specificity.  But I would hope that the high level officers would show a desire for reading things like 'The Art of War', 'Mein Kampf', etc., just to show a desire to be continually educating themselves.

CRT is part of US history.  This seems like a more general course.

No.  I believe something like this should be an elective course because of its specificity.  But I would hope that the high level officers would show a desire for reading things like 'The Art of War', 'Mein Kampf', etc., just to show a desire to be continually educating themselves.

CRT is part of US history.  This seems like a more general course.
I don't disagree with you. I think it is a good knowledge base to have and is probably better suited for a classroom environment and discussion.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't inferring that teaching CRT was trying to understand the enemy.  Atleast I hope not.
He was asked about being woke and CRT and he went almost immediately to wanting to understand white rage and what caused Jan 6th. That was then followed up his Mao and Marx comments. 

In the military reading those works is often referred to as "knowing your enemy" reading.

Maybe I'm just inferring something that isnt there, but I'd love to hear out his thought process.

I took it as him equating white rage as a threat to the US and reading CRT would help us understand that more. Which doesn't make sense to me.

Yes. 100%. 
Mein Kampf is turgid and rather long and very dull in spots, so I would recommend only important passages be read. But absolutely for anyone studying military history, particularly 20th century, it’s an essential read, 

I took it as him equating white rage as a threat to the US and reading CRT would help us understand that more. Which doesn't make sense to me.
Why doesn’t it? White rage is absolutely a threat to the USA and while CRT doesn’t provide all of the answers to it, it certainly sheds some light on the subject. 

Why doesn’t it? White rage is absolutely a threat to the USA and while CRT doesn’t provide all of the answers to it, it certainly sheds some light on the subject. 
So reading CRT is radicalizing white people?

One could argue CRT is justifying black rage as well. 

Is this really progress?

I forgot. They stormed it because they were white and only white. 

This is a bad take...
I mean.....it's precisely what happened Max.  

And the man who worshipped at the altar of Sydney Powell isn't qualified to tell anybody what a 'bad take' is.  Sorry. 

I'm trying to figure it out myself.... honestly 
It’s not really that complicated. 
But the good news is that Speaker Pelosi just appointed a select committee to investigate January 6. There’s going to be televised hearings, finally. You and everyone else will learn why these folks did what they did, what exactly happened, who helped them and led them, what the motivations were. It’s all going to come out. 

So how would reading CRT shed light on white rage?
The history of race relations in America is basically white rage and mistreatment of non whites. Critical race theory explores the history of this rage and mistreatment in more detail than our previous history would have. Though I don’t agree with its conclusions, that’s one positive aspect of CRT. 

Users who are viewing this thread