What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stuttgart Germany (1 Viewer)

PinkydaPimp

Footballguy
Anyone been?  Headed there soon on Business. Open to any tips especially food recs. Especially good German food.  All the Wursts and pork knuckle and such. 

Anyone been?  Headed there soon on Business. Open to any tips especially food recs. Especially good German food.  All the Wursts and pork knuckle and such. 
I have been, my company was a little south of there so I did not spend much time in Stuttgart but did go out one night during their spring beer fest (and missed my 6 AM flight)

anyway make sure to get a donor kebab, similar to a gyro but with more toppings 

I have been, my company was a little south of there so I did not spend much time in Stuttgart but did go out one night during their spring beer fest (and missed my 6 AM flight)

anyway make sure to get a donor kebab, similar to a gyro but with more toppings 
Haha i almost missed my flight last time i was in Frankfurt as well 😂.  And yes donor kebab is awesome!!  I want to find curry wurst and ideally a place that serves pork knuckle.  

I was there for the volksfest a few years back. It was my least favourite of the German cities we stayed in. I had an incredible Jagerschnitzel one night though, can't remember the restaurant. 

Went to Stuttgart for a couple days in August of 2003.

I mostly remember the public parks.  Beautiful flower gardens, fields, sculptures and water features were everywhere.  I was enamored with the whole southern regions (we hit Munich and Neuschwanstein as well).

When are you going? My brother in law lives near there in Tübingen. 

I wouldn't go out of my way to get Currywurst, unless you're in Berlin, in which case you wouldn't have to go out of your way anyway. Maultasche is a pretty tasty regional dish that you should try when you're there. 

Navin Johnson said:

I wouldn't go out of my way to get Currywurst, unless you're in Berlin, in which case you wouldn't have to go out of your way anyway. Maultasche is a pretty tasty regional dish that you should try when you're there. 
that dish looks good.  I shall find it.  going next week.

I see the mercedes benz has a museum there too. 
I'm trying to remember just what I saw in 1997. I see that Mercedes and Porsche updated the museums in the 2000s. They look fantastic. I recall going to the BMW museum as well but that's in Munich. I still have the brochure, but maybe I didn't go to Porsche after all. Anyway, check them out. They look amazing (if you're a car guy).

Navin Johnson said:

Listen to this guy.

And put some respect on the „Döner Kebap“! 😉

Listen to this guy.

And put some respect on the „Döner Kebap“! 😉
Döner Kebap once resurrected me from an incredibly drunken state while in Ibiza and enabled me to party another 10 hours after an aggressive happy hour.  Thank you Döner Kebap!

PinkydaPimp said:
Haha i almost missed my flight last time i was in Frankfurt as well 😂.  And yes donor kebab is awesome!!  I want to find curry wurst and ideally a place that serves pork knuckle.  
I had the pork knuckle in Tübingen it was really good 

I need to check out Germany once.  Not a big fan of German food.  Anyway, have a great time over there Pinky.  

Last edited by a moderator:
PinkydaPimp said:
My Cousin lives and works there for Lockhead Martin. He's home for a bit. Theres a very nice Village in the town thats pretty cool. Theres some places but there's a lot out of town you can get too as well 

There are a ton of Turks in Germany.
Our German foreign exchange student once informed us that he didn't like the Turks in Germany because they were thieves and smelled bad. Yeah, that was an uncomfortable room to be in when he started dropping that. Way to go, Tim. (I forget his last name.)

If people think the US is racist, they have nothing on Germany.  They are not big on Eastern Europeans either.
The Germans have their racist subcultures just like anywhere else.  On the whole, however, the US is way more racist than present day Germany and it really isn't close.

Haven't been there since the 80s.  I was on a business trip in the dead of winter and there wasn't much to do in the evenings except eat and drink beer.

The Germans have their racist subcultures just like anywhere else.  On the whole, however, the US is way more racist than present day Germany and it really isn't close.
I would agree with this based on my experiences there and friends who live there.  Tbh before i went i had this thought but after going i was impressed.  Super diverse country as well.  

I as a German take offense to that. What makes you post that statement? Personal experience? And what do you classify as „Eastern European“?
I'm half German myself and my best friends were born in Germany.  They have told a lot of stories about the racism in Germany.  

The eastern europe I refer to are the countries that border Russia and the Black Sea mainly.  A lot of poor have migrated to the richer western european countries in search of a better life.

I'm half German myself and my best friends were born in Germany.  They have told a lot of stories about the racism in Germany.  

The eastern europe I refer to are the countries that border Russia and the Black Sea mainly.  A lot of poor have migrated to the richer western european countries in search of a better life.
I am truly sorry your friends experienced racism in Germany. I hate racism and xenophobia so i am fully in your corner. I just wanted to point out, that Germany is by all available metrics quite a lot better in these regards than other (European) countries. 
There still are racist idiots running around though and this is by no means meant as an excuse.

I simply don’t want to lump all Germans together. When you look at the election you can see that the far right party (AFD) received something like 10% of the votes. This is 10% too much, but way less than what comparable parties in for example Italy, France or the Netherlands receive. Btw, the Republican party in the US would be classified as „far right / right wing“ in Europe and they got what? 45% of the votes?

I am truly sorry your friends experienced racism in Germany. I hate racism and xenophobia so i am fully in your corner. I just wanted to point out, that Germany is by all available metrics quite a lot better in these regards than other (European) countries. 
There still are racist idiots running around though and this is by no means meant as an excuse.

I simply don’t want to lump all Germans together. When you look at the election you can see that the far right party (AFD) received something like 10% of the votes. This is 10% too much, but way less than what comparable parties in for example Italy, France or the Netherlands receive. Btw, the Republican party in the US would be classified as „far right / right wing“ in Europe and they got what? 45% of the votes?
https://youtu.be/v-LccT4-fZk

The Dems would be considered right wing in Europe.

As far as Germany being more racist than the US, I don't see that coming from anyone that has been to both places.  

Thanks for the tips.  Ultimately we had very little time outside of work and entertaining customers.  We ate well though my coworker was insistent on steak every night(i did get some curry wurst however)

i must say I’m impressed in how they handle covid over there.  Things are open but essentially people still wear masks when indoors(hotels do require them however).  And are super polite about it.  It had been about 10!years since i was in Germany and i forgot how er friendly people are.  Can’t wait to go back.  

Users who are viewing this thread