What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can We Civilly Discuss Thoughts On Vaccination? A Poll. (2 Viewers)

Where would you land among these descriptions?

• Vaccinated and no regret

Votes: 292 82.5%
  • Vaccinated but some regret

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Not Vaccinated and don't plan to

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Not Vaccinated but considering it

Votes: 12 3.4%

• Total voters
They were all watching Jen Psaki afternoon presser? LOL

This was a joke.
Yet you heard about it and it showed up on my Google news feed so I knew what you were talking about.

Do you think kids who like this show might be influenced?

Do you think athletes talking about getting vaxed might influence people?

Do you think musicians may influence people?

Yet you heard about it and it showed up on my Google news feed so I knew what you were talking about.

Do you think kids who like this show might be influenced?

Do you think athletes talking about getting vaxed might influence people?

Do you think musicians may influence people?
So they brought her in to get those who, need their Parents permission to get vaccinated, on board with the vaccine. 

So they brought her in to get those who, need their Parents permission to get vaccinated, on board with the vaccine. 
This is part of an outreach program, like they did with athletes, musicians, ex-Presidents (well not all of them, one didn't participate).

This is free, this impacts your life in zero ways.

It is certainly effective.

Don't see how this is even  remotely an issue with anyone.

For every case of myocarditis caused by the vaccine, there are around 1,000 cases of Covid that are prevented by the vaccine.  I don't for the life of me understand why we get hung up on these extremely rare potential side effects when hundreds of thousands of people died, and we're still seeing thousands more dying.  We had over 3,000 people dying from Covid daily before the vaccine was rolled out, and we're supposed to refuse the vaccine because a couple hundred people develop myocarditis.  It's sheer stupidity at this point.
Ok....but it's not as simple as people just being "stupid" for not getting it.  If ur 20 and healthy, maybe you don't get it.  I see zero issue with that......and besides, if ur vaccinated ur protected against the variants, right?

I've personally heard of a few people in my small circle who have had bad reactions....and from my understanding, the myocarditis is a higher number than would be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manster said:
Ok....but it's not as simple as people just being "stupid" for not getting it.  If ur 20 and healthy, maybe you don't get it.  I see zero issue with that......and besides, if ur vaccinated ur protected against the variants, right?

I've personally heard of a few people in my small circle who have had bad reactions....and from my understanding, the myocarditis is a higher number than would be expected.
It really is.  If you're 20 and healthy you may be lower risk that a 75 year old with health issues, but you're still at much greater risk being unvaccinated than being vaccinated.  It's also not just about the health of the individual, it's about getting rid of this virus for good.  More unvaccinated people leads to more potential for the virus being transmitted, which allows the virus to continue to spread and mutate which makes people who have already contracted Covid more likely to contract it again.  This also applies to people who have been vaccinated as we are seeing that the vaccine is less effective against delta than what the vaccine was designed for.  The deaths being attributed to Covid at this point are 99.9% attributed to unvaccinated people, and last I checked the average death count is about 300/day.  There are 1000ish total cases of myocarditis compared to 600,000+ Covid deaths.  Covid has also shown to cause myocarditis, and the Delta variant even more so.  If stupid people continue to refuse the vaccine we will eventually get more potentially deadlier variants and the restrictions we've been living with will just become normal life.

Almost everyone my age seemingly had a "bad" reaction to the vaccine, but it was a 24-hour thing that went away.  I have no idea if you've been vaccinated, but if you're refusing to do so because of a few anecdotal cases, then I find that infuriating given the massive amounts of data we have.

It really is.  If you're 20 and healthy you may be lower risk that a 75 year old with health issues, but you're still at much greater risk being unvaccinated than being vaccinated.  It's also not just about the health of the individual, it's about getting rid of this virus for good.  More unvaccinated people leads to more potential for the virus being transmitted, which allows the virus to continue to spread and mutate which makes people who have already contracted Covid more likely to contract it again.  This also applies to people who have been vaccinated as we are seeing that the vaccine is less effective against delta than what the vaccine was designed for.  The deaths being attributed to Covid at this point are 99.9% attributed to unvaccinated people, and last I checked the average death count is about 300/day.  There are 1000ish total cases of myocarditis compared to 600,000+ Covid deaths.  Covid has also shown to cause myocarditis, and the Delta variant even more so.  If stupid people continue to refuse the vaccine we will eventually get more potentially deadlier variants and the restrictions we've been living with will just become normal life.

Almost everyone my age seemingly had a "bad" reaction to the vaccine, but it was a 24-hour thing that went away.  I have no idea if you've been vaccinated, but if you're refusing to do so because of a few anecdotal cases, then I find that infuriating given the massive amounts of data we have.
Dude you need to pipe down.  Don't wantcha to stroke out over ur keyboard.

And I'm talkin about severe reactions not the expected crap...

The General said:
This is part of an outreach program, like they did with athletes, musicians, ex-Presidents (well not all of them, one didn't participate).

This is free, this impacts your life in zero ways.

It is certainly effective.

Don't see how this is even  remotely an issue with anyone.
Yeah it's going to be effective, I expect millions of kids to run out and get a vaccine tomorrow LOL

Get out from under the rock, you seem like a smart guy, who got the vaccine now is getting the vaccine.

Yeah it's going to be effective, I expect millions of kids to run out and get a vaccine tomorrow LOL

Get out from under the rock, you seem like a smart guy, who got the vaccine now is getting the vaccine.
Yes. Using celebrities to promote a cause is effective.

The U.S. Surgeon General issued an advisory yesterday to recommend that people not make health care decisions based on facebook memes.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-misinformation-advisory.pdf

When many of us share misinformation, we don’t do it intentionally: We are trying to inform others and don’t realize the information is false... If you’re not sure, don’t share
Its an absurd world we live in these days.  I've yet to meet a person who said his doctor recommended against getting the vaccine. However, if such a person exists, I would support their decision to decline the vaccination based on their doctor's advice.  If a client rejects my advice based on something he read on twitter, I will advise him to get a different lawyer - not out of spite or anything, but just because there's no point in him paying me for advice he rejects.  I met with my Dr. earlier this year and he recommended I get the vaccine, which I did.  His advice to me does not apply to anyone else but me. I have no reason to tell someone else to get vaccinated because my doctor told me to get vaccinated.  But I would tell everyone - go talk to your trusted health care professional and take his/her advice on this.  If you don't trust your doctor, find a doctor you trust for your health care decisions.  Don't make these decisions based on a social media meme.

What's yours to tell us not to?
Where did I tell you not to get it.. I Said I will not get it.. 

I am not getting Democrat poison.

Now they have some 18 year old nobody telling people to get it.. She is getting trashed on SM. Hopefully this ruins her career and companies cancel her.

Yes. Its trash. Biden continue pushing for it should get him impeached. 

Now they have some 18 year old nobody telling people to get it.. She is getting trashed on SM. Hopefully this ruins her career and companies cancel her.
You called it trash…as you can see above.

Democrat poison?  What do you mean?

You called it trash…as you can see above.

Democrat poison?  What do you mean?
How is me saying it's trash equal telling millions to get the vaccine? Like I said to me it's trash, if you wanna get it, it's you body and choice, right?

And I live in a area where Trump got 79% of the votes in 2020, and I know 3 people on my street that got vaccinated and one guy told me since he got vaccinated his mind has been playing games with him. It's a Democratic poison, not a vaccine.

How is me saying it's trash equal telling millions to get the vaccine? Like I said to me it's trash, if you wanna get it, it's you body and choice, right?

And I live in a area where Trump got 79% of the votes in 2020, and I know 3 people on my street that got vaccinated and one guy told me since he got vaccinated his mind has been playing games with him. It's a Democratic poison, not a vaccine.
Yeah I voted Trump in 2020 as well. Cant stand what the democrats are doing to this country. I got the vaccine in March. My mind has been fine. I guess the Democratic poison didn't work on me.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1415678908410695685?s=20

This is interesting, Trump is def running the country through McCarthy. Pretty obvious. Not many people would meet with th former President who lost by fraud, and then a few hours later see with the current one.

Given the post above, sounds like Republican poison!

Democrat poison.  

:lmao:

We've hit a new low.  
Give it a day.  When he doesn't get the reactions he's looking for, he'll go lower.

This is only the start. Biden will be forcing into your homes soon to give people the vaccine and taking your guns. 

Saw on Telegram and parler before that they may dress up as sales men or servicemen for TV company and get into your house.
See?

As someone who has nearly 10,000 COVID shots under his belt, I’m disappointed that the next phases have leaked. I think it’s genius that we’re going to take the guns while we are in there forcing people to get their COVID vaccine.

We’re currently training with the local SWAT team and coordinating with workers at a psychiatric hospital so that we can be trained to more efficiently immunize people who are putting up a fight. They’re also giving us tranquilizer darts in case we can’t handle them. In the training they had each of us get shot with a dart so that we know how it feels and I have to say, the Will Ferrell scene in Old School is quite accurate.

The part about dressing up as TV repairmen is mostly correct. Disney (naturally) is one to the masterminds behind this plot. Targeted outages of Disney + will prompt citizen to call the ‘tech support’ and that’s when we make our move.

The last part of the plan is that all smart home devices will be programmed to subliminally play the teachings of CRT while you sleep. I’m not too comfortable with that but it’s for the greater good and the money from the program will help make up for the loss of income after the they scaled back the fake COVID death kickback initiative.

The U.S. Surgeon General issued an advisory yesterday to recommend that people not make health care decisions based on facebook memes.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-misinformation-advisory.pdf

Its an absurd world we live in these days.  I've yet to meet a person who said his doctor recommended against getting the vaccine. However, if such a person exists, I would support their decision to decline the vaccination based on their doctor's advice.  If a client rejects my advice based on something he read on twitter, I will advise him to get a different lawyer - not out of spite or anything, but just because there's no point in him paying me for advice he rejects.  I met with my Dr. earlier this year and he recommended I get the vaccine, which I did.  His advice to me does not apply to anyone else but me. I have no reason to tell someone else to get vaccinated because my doctor told me to get vaccinated.  But I would tell everyone - go talk to your trusted health care professional and take his/her advice on this.  If you don't trust your doctor, find a doctor you trust for your health care decisions.  Don't make these decisions based on a social media meme.
FWIW I have firsthand seen this (woman was pregnant and her doctor advised aganst). But your post is nonetheless spot on as to where we should be getting our medical advice (hint: not from a youtube video). 

Operation Warp Speed and the development of the vaccines were during DJT's watch, were they not? Why aren't they called "Republican Poison?"

Other than continuing the rollout of the vaccines, possibly more efficiently, what exactly have the Democrats and Biden done with the vaccines to make them "Democrat Poison?"

Operation Warp Speed and the development of the vaccines were during DJT's watch, were they not? Why aren't they called "Republican Poison?"

Other than continuing the rollout of the vaccines, possibly more efficiently, what exactly have the Democrats and Biden done with the vaccines to make them "Democrat Poison?"
Would the unvaccinated % be the same it is today if the election turned out the other way?

Would the unvaccinated % be the same it is today if the election turned out the other way?
I think there may be some who want Biden to fail and seeing a resurgence of Covid would be a another way to make his Presidency less successful. Many have claimed their body their choice like it is a personal decison that only affects them. BS. Healthcare workers are overwhelmed in many places once again;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdoPZ5B-gE

Insurance comapnies are forced to pay for the costs of the unvaccinated hospitailizations which rasies the cost of insurance for us all, mask mandates are beginning to be reinstated ( L.A.), concerns about our economy slowing down due to potential outbreaks of Covid caused the stock market to plunge 700 points the other day. For those of you choosing not to be vaccinated I would prefer you keep your selfish decision to yourself.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article252898078.html

Tricking people into calling it Democrat Poison is really a genius plan conjured up by the Democrats that the right has completely fallen for.  People in the Republican strongholds of the south and mid-west not getting the shot means more of them will die, strengthening the Democrat's share of the voting pie.  They're playing chess.

I generally try to stay our of the politics threads other than the injection of some occasional poor attempts at humor, but this is something I've thought about before.

There is the cynical part of me that thinks that the numbers would be essentially the same, just that the populace getting/rejecting the vaccine would be reversed. Those currently not getting the vaccine because it is "Democrat Poison" or "My Choice" would be getting it to support Trump and show how successful the development of the vaccine was, and those currently getting it would reject it as "Republican Poison" and out of fear that successful administration of enough of the vaccine would make Trump look good, thus making the 2024 election harder for Democrats to win.

And of course there is the segment that would have taken the vaccine regardless of who won, and there is the population that will resist regardless.

Tricking people into calling it Democrat Poison is really a genius plan conjured up by the Democrats that the right has completely fallen for.  People in the Republican strongholds of the south and mid-west not getting the shot means more of them will die, strengthening the Democrat's share of the voting pie.  They're playing chess.
These are our fellow Americans. I don't know, and don't care, who you support but this is vile. 

acarey50 said:
I generally try to stay our of the politics threads other than the injection of some occasional poor attempts at humor, but this is something I've thought about before.

There is the cynical part of me that thinks that the numbers would be essentially the same, just that the populace getting/rejecting the vaccine would be reversed. Those currently not getting the vaccine because it is "Democrat Poison" or "My Choice" would be getting it to support Trump and show how successful the development of the vaccine was, and those currently getting it would reject it as "Republican Poison" and out of fear that successful administration of enough of the vaccine would make Trump look good, thus making the 2024 election harder for Democrats to win.

And of course there is the segment that would have taken the vaccine regardless of who won, and there is the population that will resist regardless.
We’ll never know, but respectfully disagree. Although anti-vaxxers can be found to some extent on both sides of the aisle, anti-scientific sentiment is typically the purview of team red.

We’ll never know, but respectfully disagree. Although anti-vaxxers can be found to some extent on both sides of the aisle, anti-scientific sentiment is typically the purview of team red.
While I don’t know whether many of my friends are liberal or conservative or what political party if any they all belong to I personally have no knowledge of any of my liberal or Democrat friends who refused to get vaccinated. Nor did I know of any of those liberals and Democrats who refused to wear a mask.

While I don’t know whether many of my friends are liberal or conservative or what political party if any they all belong to I personally have no knowledge of any of my liberal or Democrat friends who refused to get vaccinated. Nor did I know of any of those liberals and Democrats who refused to wear a mask.
I know one who refuses vaccination, and complains about wearing masks. And she’s a physician.

But definitely an outlier.

And minorities..How come you guys always leave out the fact that minorities don't want this.  And they are most definitely not team red.

Oh yeah, I know..cause your media is telling you what to think.   Sigh

And minorities..How come you guys always leave out the fact that minorities don't want this.  And they are most definitely not team red.

Oh yeah, I know..cause your media is telling you what to think.   Sigh
I wasn't aware that it's been a proven fact that minorities don't want the vaccine.  Please cite your source.  

Users who are viewing this thread