What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? (1 Viewer)

You could monetize it by giving out Normies. Small cash prizes to randomly selected participants who are most normal.  Ideally the Normies would only be 10% of the ad revenue you are bringing in through the questions/site.

You could monetize it by giving out Normies. Small cash prizes to randomly selected participants who are most normal.  Ideally the Normies would only be 10% of the ad revenue you are bringing in through the questions/site.
The site doesn't require login, so I can't identify "who" is most normal (i can't see individual votes).  But I like where you're going with this!

I was the 2nd person to vote on the "Have you ever lied about your relationship status?"  I said No, the other person said Yes.  Just saying..

re: Monetizing... I'm thinking of tying this into a TikTok account.  I do NOT have the charisma to pull this off, but my brother-in-law does.  I figure if he posts a video about each poll... encourages people to visit the site and stitch him on TikTok, it could bring in a lot of views.  People making crazy money on there it seems.

Somehow have to weed out the people who drive manual cars?
been a while since i drove a manual, but always broke with my right foot. left is for clutch.

eta: is that right? holy crap i can't remember. it hasn't been that long. my brain is just old.

Last edited by a moderator:
been a while since i drove a manual, but always broke with my right foot. left is for clutch.

eta: is that right? holy crap i can't remember. it hasn't been that long. my brain is just old.
Yup, everyone who drives manual breaks with their right(huge assumption of mine).  It would skew the results a little.

some of these questions are probably regional. like folding pizza. and sandals with jeans, why is this even a question? (i live in a Los Angeles suburb and lived most of my life near a beach.)

For anyone interested... I'm resurrecting What's Normal?

Had a (drunk) conversation with some friends who wanted to see it back.  Still a relative work in progress... but I've got a treasure trove of questions to add so I can keep it going.  Not sure how, or if I'll try to monetize it... we'll see.

Enjoy!
That is SO crazy.  I was thinking about this last night.  Glad to hear it's getting a second chance! 

re: Monetizing... I'm thinking of tying this into a TikTok account.  I do NOT have the charisma to pull this off, but my brother-in-law does.  I figure if he posts a video about each poll... encourages people to visit the site and stitch him on TikTok, it could bring in a lot of views.  People making crazy money on there it seems.
I think I can speak for all 3 stock threads here when I say we would like to buy shares in this company. We made more riskier investments than this.  Heck, we once were buying shares of a company promising invisibility.  INVISIBILITY 

Is it normal that it makes me angry that so many people wipe back to front?  WTF is wrong with you guys?
Wiping back to front is dangerous.  I developed this bad habit a few years ago, maybe in an obsessive effort to cover every angle.  But anatomically, most people are built to wipe front to back.  Wiping back to front leads to infection.

UX suggestion I'd try to make navigation to the next poll or polls you haven't voted in easier/more intuitive.

Wiping back to front is dangerous.  I developed this bad habit a few years ago, maybe in an obsessive effort to cover every angle.  But anatomically, most people are built to wipe front to back.  Wiping back to front leads to infection.
Those taint infections are killer......

Love this concept.  I've thought about it on more than one occasion when I do something I think might be weird but would like to know if its normal.

Anyway to move your Previous/Next links up higher on the page?  Would make it easier to flip through all the questions.

some of these questions are probably regional. like folding pizza. and sandals with jeans, why is this even a question? (i live in a Los Angeles suburb and lived most of my life near a beach.)
Yeah... for sure.  That's the problem I had with the first go-around.  I had people sign up for the site in order to vote, and gathered their particulars like geography, gender, age, etc.  Then you could compare your responses to your specific demographic.  Having people have to register proved to be a barrier to good traffic.  Good in theory, bad in practice.

UX suggestion I'd try to make navigation to the next poll or polls you haven't voted in easier/more intuitive.
Thanks.  I'm a WordPress n00b, and I used a pre-defined "theme".  Still trying to navigate how I can change things, but I'm working on it!

Thanks.  I'm a WordPress n00b, and I used a pre-defined "theme".  Still trying to navigate how I can change things, but I'm working on it!
Can you at least put new ones at the top?  Edit, nevermind they are.  I just missed some yesterday.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Flaw:  Actual normal people don't use TikTok. 

For anyone interested... I'm resurrecting What's Normal?

Had a (drunk) conversation with some friends who wanted to see it back.  Still a relative work in progress... but I've got a treasure trove of questions to add so I can keep it going.  Not sure how, or if I'll try to monetize it... we'll see.

Enjoy!
Cool. Mislead is misspelled on your site. Should be misled. Is it normal to correct other people's spelling errors?

Love this concept.  I've thought about it on more than one occasion when I do something I think might be weird but would like to know if its normal.

Anyway to move your Previous/Next links up higher on the page?  Would make it easier to flip through all the questions.

I think it would be best (and would keep people on the site longer) if when you answered one pole the next one automatically popped up.  I thought FBG had that for the Wisdom of the Crowds feature but it does give a button to go to the next one.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
You need a third option on the putting the lid down after doing business. You have flush and run (no lid ever goes down) or put it down first then flush.  What about flush and put down the lid?  I have the soft close lids so the flush handle is right next to the top of the lid and it's kind of one motion of flush and start lid closing.  

Users who are viewing this thread